Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Playing With Fire (Annabelle) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Playing With Fire (Annabelle) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Playing With Fire (Annabelle) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Playing With Fire (Annabelle) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Playing With Fire (Annabelle) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Playing With Fire (Annabelle)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Playing With Fire (Annabelle) Empty
PostSubject: Playing With Fire (Annabelle)   Playing With Fire (Annabelle) EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:02 am

Elleon entered the arts room and gave a small smile when he noted it was empty. He closed the door shut behind him and found a nice spot near the back to the room. He settle himself down, taking out his sketchbook, brushes, paints carbon pencils and lighter. Classes were done for the day and though he knew he was supposed to revise the pronunciation of the spells he'd learned, he needed this time for himself.

Ever since he left his school back home and entered Hogwarts, Elleon found that he'd had to work twice as hard. He was in a hearing environment now and had to keep up with the rest of the class. It wasn't easy, but Elleon was determined to succeed. All the time spent on his studies took away from his first love though. Art. Sure, he'd managed to work in a few personal paintings and sketches that expressed his thoughts and feelings but it wasn't as much as he used to do when he was in his old school.

Then, while he was zoning out in the History of Magic class, an idea popped into his mind. He'd seen the way fire burned paper and how it left a mark and wanted to see if he could make art with it. Yes, it would be dangerous but he'd do anything for art. His sister, who also doubled as his interpreter, had offered to come along with him in case he needed someone to interpret but knowing she would not approve of such a dangerous activity, he'd declined, telling her that he would be fine.

Elleon tore a clean sheet out of his sketch book and looked it over for a few seconds, picturing what he wanted to be on the paper. It wasn't any ordinary paper - since that would just burn up - but it was paper he'd bought for this reason. He took out his lighter, inhaled a deep breath to calm himself down and started drawing with fire
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire (Annabelle)   Playing With Fire (Annabelle) EmptyTue May 10, 2016 7:05 pm

Annie struggled with her heavy load,classes were done and as much as she loved the school and learning all about the magical world it was still school and as such Annie had her own way of processing the things she had learned that day. She smiles softly at the sound of rattling metals and beads inside her boxes. Jewelry making was something Annie always had a passion for,the memories that could be created or ones that were represented in them. As she pushed open the door to the art room she hums a soft song not even noticing the other figure in the room. Sitting at one of the desks by the large windows she started to open the lids on her boxes,pliers,wires,beads charms and many other things rested inside.

Drumming her fingers on the desk she let the inspiration come to her as she stared at the countless pieces just waiting to become priceless art...at least they would be to her. Suddenly she gasps as an idea suddenly hit her and she started her work. After about ten minutes of digging through countless beads and careful placing. She held up one finished pair of earrings.

A heart shaped wire dangled covered in tiny glass beads in the colors of the first half of a rainbow,red,orange,yellow and green. Holding it up to the light as she rests her chin in her other hand she smiles contently as a colorful burst of light matching the beads was cast upon the room. This was one of the few rare moments when admiring her work that Annie could relax and let her energy die down.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire (Annabelle)   Playing With Fire (Annabelle) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 11:02 am

Elleon did not know long how he'd been using the lighter to form images, but it was long enough for him to have a pile of crushed up paper beside him. This wasn't as easy as it looked and he'd managed to spoil a fair number because he couldn't control the movement of the flame well enough. Sighing, he took out another piece of paper to try again, vowing that this would be the last one. It was enough wasted paper for one day.

He was determined to get it right this time. So absorbed was he in his art that he didn't notice someone else enter the room. The flame making black marks on the paper was all he concentrated on, making sure every movement of his hand was calculated and did not stray where he did not want it to go. He grinned in triumph when he got the burned background right and set down the paper carefully before going through his paintbrushes and selecting one that would suit his purposes.

Very carefully, he began adding dimension to the blackened places, keeping his hand steady but light, coaxing out an image from soot. The whole concept of drawing with fire meant so much. Sometimes, the most beautiful things came from passing through fire, being burned figuratively. He was halfway done when a flash of light pierced his vision and he almost spoiled the painting when he jerked up to see what had caused it. He was extra sensitive to sights and smells as a compensation for not being able to hear and he needed to know what had distracted him from his work.

He spotted the culprit, a girl sitting by the window admiring what looked like...beads on a string? Girls! Elleon thought, mentally rolling his eyes. How was he to complete his art with that annoying thing flashing in his eyes? He was deaf; he didn't need to be blind too. He tore off a piece of paper and wrote on it:

Could you please not let that shine around the room? It's very distracting and annoying. Thanks.

He took a deep breath and gathered the courage to walk over. Tapping the girl on the shoulder to draw her attention, he held up the piece of paper so she could read it, making sure to keep a friendly smile on his face so she wouldn't be offended.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire (Annabelle)   Playing With Fire (Annabelle) EmptyThu May 12, 2016 4:18 am

Annie hadn't noticed the sound of footsteps,being to absorbed in her half finished creation. It was only when she felt a touch on her shoulder that made her jump and was pulled out of her own thoughts.

Looking up in surprise she recognized another Hufflepuff boy she had a few classes and even sat next to once with. It was then she noticed the piece of paper he was holding and read the words Her face showed confusion for a few moments before the realization hit her and she opened her mouth to quickly apologize before she quickly closed it. She recalled normally this boy traveled with another girl alot but it seemed like she wasn't with him at the moment. She also recalled she had seen them speaking in sign language once and she knew not many others if anyone else knew the sign language at the school.

With a embarrassed but apologetic smile she started signing to him using American sign language,after all her British sign language wasn't very good at all and hadn't had the time to study and practice it more with her forcing on her classes. "I'm so sorry I didn't know anyone else was in here. I'll try to keep the light show down." She signed ending her apologize with a slight joke. She still felt sorry of course as she knew how the other senses of a person could become stronger when losing one. Her own little sister had trouble with being in colorful or bright places.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire (Annabelle)   Playing With Fire (Annabelle) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 10:45 am

Elleon did not know how she would react. He'd expected one of two things. Either she would get mad and tell him to mind his business and that the room did not belong to him or she would apologise. What he hadn't expected was for her to speak his language. He was stunned for a moment, as if figuring out if this was real or if he was dreaming. Someone knows sign language in this school besides Jelena? he thought. He could finally have a proper conversation with a person without having to talk through a third party! It was shocking but very welcome. Sure, it wasn't British Sign Language but that didn't matter since he was fluent in both BSL and ASL.

From the way she signed, Elleon could tell that she was very fluent but to his knowledge, she was a hearing person. The only other explanation was that she knew someone Deaf. "It's okay" he responded with a smile, making sure use American Sign Language. "It's beautiful, what you have there and you can continue making it but just don't hold it up to the light. He paused for a while then decided to ask the question lingering in the back of his head. "If I may ask, how do you know sign language?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire (Annabelle)   Playing With Fire (Annabelle) EmptyWed May 18, 2016 2:19 am

Annie was relived seeing him starting to use ASL she hadn't met many outside the US who used it. She then beamed with one of her extremely wide smiles that only she could pull off.

"Its more about the memories then the beauty  but I'm glad you think so" She signed. Annie seemed just as energetic with signing as she was when she talked her fingers rapidly making the gestures and finger spelling as they silently "talked" Now Annie wasn't really what you called a girly girl,sure she wore a ribbon in her hair a lot and liked bright colors but she wasn't one to wear a dress or be afraid to get dirty,she owned a pet the constantly tired to eat her bogeys for Merlins sake!

But when it came to her jewelry she made she could easily talk about it for hours. Then just as she started to sign again his question made her freeze halfway through the first word when his question registered in her mind. She hesitated for a moment before starting to sign slower then the last time but still rather quick. "My baby sister was born deaf, shes still learning herself but I picked it up rather quick myself...Still learning BSL though." She added after a minute.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire (Annabelle)   Playing With Fire (Annabelle) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 11:08 am

Elleon didn't like surprises much; although they held the possibility of something exciting and good like surprise birthday parties, they had the tendency to bring something equally, if not more, devastating. But meeting another student who could speak his language was a surprise Elleon cherished. The possibility of such a thing happening was minute, but it had happened and Elleon was grateful.

At her statement, he smiled. Jelena was like that and Elleon was inclined to think that it was something to do with girls, having objects tied to memories. He personally did not have many things he associated with memories, with the exception of his art, but that was a whole other story. "Good memories, I hope," he replied then commented, "you're quite artistic. Not many other students I know here have a good eye for art and creativity.

He did not miss the hesitation before she answered the question and wondered for a minute if he had been rude. It was a normal question to ask though, when a Deaf person met a hearing one who could sign. At her reply, he nodded his head. "Oh, well that makes sense. I was born deaf too. You did a great job learning sign quickly;it's quite different from English and not many people get the hang of it," he responded with a light smile. "I could teach you if you want," he offered, regarding her statement on BSL. It wasn't necessary for her to learn though since ASL was perfectly fine for him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire (Annabelle)   Playing With Fire (Annabelle) EmptyThu May 26, 2016 9:07 am

Annie nodded "Yes mostly good ones yes but I see all memories as important even bad or sad ones I think these experiences share who we are and why we become." She signed to him her eyes sparkling with joy as she "talked" about her passion before she nods at him "Most think magic is everything once coming here and don't get me wrong I love magic but I still like other things I did a home like art you know?"

She signed to him a bit of a homesick look on her face appearing for just a single moment before it vanished.It was replaced with a large smile as she took in his offer to teach her BLS "I would love to learn if you really don't mind teaching me" She signed back at him with a look of grateful happiness. She couldn't help but feel perhaps she had finally made a friend or at least someone who could in the future.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire (Annabelle)   Playing With Fire (Annabelle) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 9:32 am

Elleon smiled at her reply. It was quite a profound statement and one he completely agreed with. He had his fair share of bad memories and though there were times he wished he didn't have them, there was no denying that they made up a part of him.

"True," he responded. "They play a hand in the kinds of opinions we have and how we respond to others. More than once, he'd responded based on a past experience. Thinking back, he probably wouldn't have responded or thought a certain way if he lacked that particular experience. Memory was a powerful thing indeed.

He nodded in agreement with what she said next. "Yea," he replied. "I know how that feels. Ever since I came here, I haven't had as much time as I wanted to paint and draw. Most of my time is usually spent studying or practicing spells. He smiled at her homesick look, not because he found it funny but because he could identify with it. It was a rather lonely existence when only two other people could speak your language.

"Cool! I don't mind at all." he responded as she excepted his offer. It would be easier for her to pick up because she already knew ASL. Though the signs were completely different, the grammar was almost the same, so that wouldn't be a big problem. Realising that he had yet to introduce himself he gave a grin.

"I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Elleon," he said, fingerspelling his name and following it up with his name sign.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire (Annabelle)   Playing With Fire (Annabelle) Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing With Fire (Annabelle)
Page 1 of 1