Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

Jake Newbury, Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed)   Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Lyra's eyes fell on a tall boy with bright blond hair, dressed in his Hufflepuff quidditch uniform for practice, holding a broom in one hand and smirked confidently to herself to herself before pasting on a friendly smile and jogging slightly to fall in place beside him. The boy was Sterling Goldwasser, Hufflepuff's seventh year seeker, and the one she hoped to be taking the place of next year.

She was silent for a moment, gathering her thoughts as she tread lightly beside him until he spoke. "Can I help you?" the older male asked in a tone that clearly communicated his annoyance. She brushed off his tone easily, before nodding slowly.

"Actually you can. See, I heard your team held a grip of try outs before the Quidditch season started? Now, I highly doubt any of those idiots that tried out, no offense, are have as gnarly as I am. Like, seriously, I'm a bomb on a broom and swooped many games back at Ilvermorny, yadadamean? Hell, I could prolly beat you if I wanted to. I heard you had a hella bad loss last game, all your fault is what I heard."

That hit a nerve, Lyra could tell. The boy gave her what she supposed was supposed to be a fierce glare, but the dark haired girl had seen and dealt with a lot more back home, so she just smiled back at him, waiting for his response. The boy scoffed at her and returned his gave to the quidditch pitch. "Try outs are over, sorry."

She smirked, as he didn't seem sorry at all and shrugged. "Hey, I mean, I get it bro. Don't get yourself all butthurt 'cause you lost a game. I see you tryna play it coo, but you're really worried I'mma take your spot." She stopped walking and leaned her own broom she'd brought just in case against her shoulder. "You're afraid I'm gonna cruise in there and be handed your spot. I get it."

The boy stopped a couple steps ahead of her at the word 'afraid' and glares back at her. "I'm not afraid. I just don't think you're good enough to beat me. But if you want to be humiliated be my guest. I'll talk to our captain. You free to get your ass kicked now I assume? Considering you're following me around and carrying a broom."

Lyra grinned triumphantly "Yee, I'm good to rock now." She ignored the part about her ass getting kicked, assuming it was his own male ego trying to overcompensate the fact that he was in fact not as confident in his abilities to beat this new foreseeable threat as he wanted her to think he was.

A moment or two more of silent walking and they were at the Quidditch pitch, Sterling looking hella grumpy as he stalked over to talk to his captain. She scanned the field, looking over the rest of the team who was already there and wondered if Sterling was late. A breeze blew through the area and to her dismay she couldn't help but shiver.

Oh how she hated the cold. She wished she was back home, and that she could be back on her beach, toes in the sand and salt air all around her. Not in the dreary place. It felt like half the time she'd been here had been full of June Gloom. Her eyes lifted towards the thankfully clear sky, and gripped her broom tighter. It was a style that was almost exclusively sold in the US, the latest model of the brand. The Skyscrapers were a new brand, with all the risks that come with that, but were said to rival even the Firebolts, and were quickly gaining popularity. They weren't cheap, but were a little less pricey than the Firebolts for now, seeing as they were a newer, less known brand.

As Sterling approached her she studied him quickly, trying to gauge how their conversation had gone. The boy only motioned to the field however and she assumed that meant she could walk out into the middle of the stadium type area. "Verdammtes neues Mädchen. Ich werde dich an deiner Stelle platzieren" Sterling muttered, just loud enough for her to hear as he followed her out onto the field.

"Viel Glück, goldener Junge" she said back, smirking slightly at the look of surprise on his face. She then turned her attention to the captain (she really needed to learn names) and listened carefully as he explained what would happen. From the anger on Sterling's face as the captain explained the winner of the two of them and how Lyra preformed would determine her position, she assumed he wasn't just talking about her joining the second team, or taking Sterling's place next year.

Her attention came back from fantasies of playing on the team at the mention of bludgers, and cursed under her breath quietly at the mention that the team's beaters would be attempting to knock them from their broom throughout the game. With the explanation out of the way they were told to mount their brooms. Both the team's beaters rose into the air with the bludgers, and the captain stood between Lyra and Sterling, a fist held out in front of him. They were told to take positions, and both rose into the air, Sterling staying above the captain, but Lyra moving a ways away so she's be able to see a larger area at once.

The captain's hand opened and the tiny golden snitch zipped off, immediately blurring out of sight. She scanned the field, lowering slightly and keeping an eye on the bludgers. Sterling dove at something and she went after him, staying slightly to the side of him to try and see if he was truly after their tiny prize.

She pulled back at the sight of a glint of gold, letting Sterling continue trying to fake her out as she narrowed her eyes and scanned for where the shiny metal had shone. It took her a second but her eyes caught the little wings fluttering in the air and took off after it. Sterling took a moment to notice her, but quickly caught onto the fact that she hadn't fallen for his trick, nor had she wasted time following him when the snitch was still needing to be found.

He went after her, and she went after the snitch. Bludgers shot their way, they were an easier target when they were right near each other like they were, and Sterling barely avoided one of them, having to pull back. Lyra, however, preformed a Sloth Grip Roll at the last second, gaining even more of a lead on Sterling, only to have to twirl as another of the large balls came towards her.

The move left her at a disadvantage, as she had taken her eyes off the snitch and lost sight of it. Sterling seemed equally confused, luckily enough, and she was glad that she at least hadn't allowed him to get it.

The next time the tiny object was spotted, both the young Californian and Sterling saw it at once. They both took of after it, but Lyra aimed just a bit too high. It seemed like she was going to be ass out, when she got an idea. She looped an ankle tightly around her broom and got a good hold of it in one hand before using a move that she'd seen while watching quidditch, one that had been called the Starfish and Stick. She reached forward with the one hand and nabbed the little golden snitch from the air, securing her hand tightly around it and nearly falling as she clambers back up onto her broom, making a mental note to practice that move more before moving to the ground.

The golden boy made it to the ground first and was off his broom before his feet even touched the ground, rushing over to argue with the captain. The rest of the team came over to congratulate her, a couple asking her to teach them the move she'd used. She grinned, quite proud of herself, and kept an eye on Sterling as she nodded. "It was a move I only just learned actually, I'd never tried it before. But once I practice it a bit more I'll let you all bum it, yee?" They seemed satisfied with the response, even if they  looked a bit confused by her wording.

The captain approached quickly and offered her a hand. "I never got your name? They spoke, as Lyra shook their hand quickly with a small smile. "That's because I never gave it. Lyra Fletcher, pleasure to meet you." The captain smiled and nodded. "Well Lyra, welcome to the team. I hope to see more moves like those at out next practice?"

A grin spread over Lyra's face as it was confirmed she was in and she nodded quickly. "Yee, you better believe it. I've got a nice grip of moves up my sleeve, and I'm hella excited to get started." The two exchanged some pleasantries before Lyra went on her way, the try out having taken up pretty much the whole practice. She couldn't wait to get into a real match, and pride swelled in her chest as she went to tell Mimosa all about her success.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed)   Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 am

Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed) Huffle11

Welcome to the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team!
Back to top Go down

Impromptu Quidditch Try Out (Closed)
Page 1 of 1