Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Election Night (Tessa) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Election Night (Tessa) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Election Night (Tessa) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Election Night (Tessa) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Election Night (Tessa) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Election Night (Tessa)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chester Millstone
Adult
Adult
Chester Millstone

Election Night (Tessa) Empty
PostSubject: Election Night (Tessa)   Election Night (Tessa) EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 7:44 pm

Early Hours -- 8 November 2028

Election Night was always a big event in America -- for those who cared for politics, at least. For anyone else, it was another day in the calendar that went without any notice for the most part. Fox News, however, was no such place. Fox News was a hive of activity on Election Night, trying to get the votes counted and verified would keep many, many people up throughout the night. The CEO of Fox was no different, Chester Millstone was abuzz with coffee and copious amounts of junk food that were keeping his sugar and caffeine levels to a maximum as he watched the news teams working at high capacity.

In the past year and a bit, the media giant had been working tirelessly to promote the right candidates for the Republican party, and for the most part, it had worked. Trump was going to remain in office for a third term -- something no one thought was actually possible, and yet it was. Seats across the country had slowly been turning blue through the hours, but the one seat that they were all interested in was running a fierce battle before their eyes.

Tessa Greene had worked tirelessly -- Chester would be loathe to admit -- to knock the Senator of Milwaukee from his seat. Why the witch felt it necessary to go after her ex-boyfriend so doggedly when he clearly gave her no thought was a matter Chester was unable to comprehend, but he'd gone along with it, whatever the boss wanted, the underlings of Fox had to provide. Their chosen candidate for support had been one Judith Jameson, and though a woman wouldn't have been Chester's choice for a good candidate, Tessa had put her money behind the woman anyway.

They had just called another district of Wisconsin as voting for Jameson, which meant their chosen candidate was winning...

One more, and it would be confirmed.

"Check the polls again." Chester called out to one of the clerks before him, sending her tottering off to check the figures. His eyes lingered on the hips as they swayed back and forth, before he turned his attention back to the screens full of the polls.

"Fred Armstrong had just called his district for Jameson!"

That was it, that was their final one.

"CALL IT!" Chester insisted, looking to the television lead, who stared back at him uncertainly. "Oh for fuck's sake. TESSA!"" Chester shouted his attention towards the head of the station. "We have Jameson down for a winner. If we call it now, we'll be the first to do so!" He insisted, more than glad to be the first to count the State as red, and another win for their party. "Give them the instructions!" He insisted to her, turning his attention back to the monitors, hoping no other station would call it in the interim.
Back to top Go down
Tessa Greene
Adult
Adult
Tessa Greene

Birthday : 1992-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Election Night (Tessa)   Election Night (Tessa) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 am

Tonight was the superbowl of politics. To everyone else, it would just be going to the polls. Or just another day off for school-age kids. But tonight all of her hard was going to pay off. After several energy drinks and cookies, she was on the edge of her seat. There was so much to be done. She was just glad that she could count on her team. Tessa had yet to learn where she would be without them. She was hoping for a win tonight. But she wished she could see Jackson’s face when they got the results. Right now she would have to settle thinking about it.

There was so much that went behind this election. She knew that afterward, she would take a vacation. And her team deserved a raise, as she was nothing without them. While watching the TV she saw that Trump was looking to be in office. This was looking to be a good gamble. Tessa knew Chester didn’t think Judith was a good candidate to back. But she was ready to stick it to her ex.

Tessa was doing her best to try and not fall asleep. She knew that this was going to be a very long night. But as soon as she was dozing off she heard Chester yell. And it was the words that she was waiting to hear. They were waiting for her to make the decision. She was giggling with delight as she was calling out the oder.” Got ahead and call it.” Tessa knew how important it was to be first. And she knew that there would be many voters watching the results.

Knowing the look on Jackson and his team's face were priceless. And knowing how he lost to was icing on the cake. Tonight they would be celebrating. “ This would not be possible without my wonderful team. Everyone is getting a raise.” Now how to celebrate the downfall of Jackson. Tonight she was going to be a night that she would never forget. She also would have to call Judith to tell her congratulations. Then maybe rubbing Jackson's nose in the lose too.

But she couldn’t help but feel sorry for Victoria Because the witch knows she worked hard. And she hoped that this loss wouldn’t be a setback for her. Tessa would persuade her to come work for Fox. She did promise that she and the girls would always have a job Tessa didn’t feel bad about poaching Jackson’s team. She was looking at it as a good business deal.

“ Please tell me we were able to be the first to report?” Tessa knew how important this was. Because she knew that soon all the other news stations would follow. The many cans of energy drinks were finally paying off. She then looked at her team. “ Tonight I will be taking care of everyone at the bar.” All of her hard work was paying off. And she couldn’t help but think about Damien. Would he be proud that she had done it? She did it without him as he was still in the big house. Tonight would also be celebrating being single. She hadn’t gotten the chance. As she was working for this huge win.
Back to top Go down
Chester Millstone
Adult
Adult
Chester Millstone

PostSubject: Re: Election Night (Tessa)   Election Night (Tessa) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:17 pm

As Tessa agreed to calling it, Chester turned back to the team. "You heard the lady, get it to the newsreaders, now!" He boomed across the room, taking authority of the room. It wasn't necessarily his job, but Merlin they needed to be on top of it. The runners were off in but a moment towards the director of the early morning news, and Chester could see them hurriedly passing the information through so that the teleprompter could be updated with the news that Jackson Blake had lost Wisconsin's election.

Behind him, Tessa was handing out pay raises like they were candy, and the CEO of Fox had to stop himself from rolling his eyes at the callousness of that gesture, but he didn't say a word aloud.

The TVs above them came to life.

"We have breaking news everybody. Wisconsin have declared for Judith Jameson -- we can bring this exclusive news to our viewers. What does this mean? Well, the state remains in Republican hands, but the sitting Senator, one Senator Jackson Blake, has been removed from office by voters."

"But, that's hardly a surprise, Sean, Judith Jameson has been the main covered candidate for the State this past year. It didn't seem like Senator Blake was up to the task any more."

Chester turned his attention to the other screens, which showed various other stations that would be reporting at the same time. So far, no one had declared Wisconsin's results. Tessa's question that came made Chester turn his attention back to the woman. "Yes, we're the first to denote that Wisconsin is red, and who the winner is." Chester assured her, breaking in to a small smile. The taste of victory -- even if he didn't like the horse they'd chosen -- would always be one that he favoured. It seemed Tessa was quite proud of herself too, so they could bask in that.

"We don't need the bar, Tess. Just..." He moved across the room, to the fridge that had been brought in for the occasion. "Everyone help yourself. I'll get more in if we need it." He called to the room, taking out a beer before a mad rush approached the fridge and opening it. He picked a second for Tessa, taking it over to her and offering it. "I guess congratulations are in order. You backed the right woman." He told her simply, swigging from his bottle as he glanced back up at the screens. Most of the staff would still be busy rushing around to cover the rest of the elections, but most results were flowing through quite smoothly. They could switch off.
Back to top Go down
Tessa Greene
Adult
Adult
Tessa Greene

PostSubject: Re: Election Night (Tessa)   Election Night (Tessa) EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 2:07 am

Tessa was grinning as Chester was talking to the team. She couldn’t believe that she had done it. All she wanted to do was live in the moment. Watching the team do their job was heaven. Finally, Jackson lost and she got part of her revenge. Later she would have to make sure to give him a call to congratulate him on losing. While looking at the teleprompter she couldn’t help but giggle. “ What do Jackson Blake and the Titanic have in common?” She then gave a pause before she started again. “ Both we called the unsinkable but then sank to the bottom.”

This was music to hear ears and knew that this night would only get better. Was Jackson Blake losing an early Christmas present? Yes, it was. Right now there was nothing that was going to top this off. And she did pretty damn good for her first win. She was glad that she had made the right call to back Judith. Jackson's poor team would be thinking about what was next as if they were going to be jobless.

After Chester said that they were the first to confirm she was even better. “ Thank you!!” This was her first victory and it was sweet. Chester did just as much work as she did. So she was going to share her spotlight with everyone. As they say, there is no I in the team. Tessa was confused when Chester said that they didn’t need the bar. But it all made sense when he said there was beer. Chester was giving her congratulations for everything. “ You were a huge part in making this happen.” She was glad that she had the right horse.

She then took the beer that he handed her. While opening it she gave herself a toast. “ God, I wish I could see Damien Greene's face. He said that I would never be able to do this. And right now I just wanted to tell him to suck it.” Tessa was sure that Jackson would say the same thing. After all, he lost the support of Fox but also the Grey family. Beer was a good drink but she was about ready to grab something better.

She then walked into her office and grabbed a bottle of Jim Beam. Walking back into the room with a shot glass in her hand. “ I think it is time to get this party started.” Tessa then started to drink her beer but was pouring herself a double shot. Right now she was going to drink as much as she wanted. Hopefully, she wouldn’t drink so much that she blacked out. Tessa wanted to remember everything.

Right now her work was done and it was playtime. Everything was going to plan or at least she thought. “ Our work is done for now.” Tessa could picture that Jackson was crying at the loss. Mostly blaming her but she didn’t care. If winning felt this good than she need to do it more often.
Back to top Go down
Chester Millstone
Adult
Adult
Chester Millstone

PostSubject: Re: Election Night (Tessa)   Election Night (Tessa) EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 8:56 pm

The joke about the likeness between Jackson Blake and the Titanic had the rest of the room laughing, but to Chester... well, it wasn't the best joke he'd heard, and he was fortunate enough to be able to turn his back away from the witch so that she wouldn't see that he hadn't laughed when the other employees had. He wasn't one to pander to a woman, and today was not going to be an exception to that rule.

Chester would take the praise that came from Tessa a moment later, though. "Well, don't you forget that when you're writing my paycheck this month, huh." He joked, a flirtatious smile upon his lips. Of course, money didn't matter to Chester Millstone, but he wouldn't say no to having some more in his coffers than the Fox ones.

The mention of her ex-husband had Chester considering for a moment. "What does it matter what he thinks?" Chester asked, though he already knew that Tessa Greene was very much reliant on the ego boost she could get from her ex's. Wasn't that why they had gone after Jackson Blake in the first place? The guy had only dumped her, and she had seen it fitting to ruin his career. It was a tough one, but he supposed Tessa had her reasons.

She excused herself momentarily, returning with a bottle of whiskey. "Now we're talking. You could have told me you were hiding the good stuff!" Chester laughed with the woman as he poured herself a good helping of the liquid. Chester got himself a glass, placing it next to Tessa's with the understanding she would pour him a healthy measure too.

Once the witch had, Chester had sipped at the glass heartily, wanting to savour the moment too. It had been a hard graft. "Well, time to celebrate. We won't have to come in tomorrow, so might as well make the most of it!" He insisted, taking another good sip from his glass to show he fully intended on seeing that idea through too.
Back to top Go down
Tessa Greene
Adult
Adult
Tessa Greene

PostSubject: Re: Election Night (Tessa)   Election Night (Tessa) EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

Tessa noticed that everyone was laughing at her joke. But she had to wonder was it because she was funny or because she wrote the checks? At least she could pretend that she was funny. As comedy wasn’t her thing and maybe it was a good thing she was good at her job. Tessa knew the joke could be considered rude as the Titanic was a horrible shipwreck. A win was good in her book. She smiled as Chester was taking her praise. “ I don’t think I could have done this without you. So I will remember that when writing your paycheck this month.”

She knew that she shouldn’t be worried about what Damien thought. Chester was telling her it didn’t matter what Damien thought. Tessa sighed as she was looking at Chester. “ I know that you are right about that. It's just he never thought that I could do anything like this. He was a sexist bastard.” The win was supposed to make her feel great. Which it did but she then started to think about Jackson. “ I know that not everyone supported my decision. I know it was a crazy idea but I wanted Jackson to feel like I did. After Damien left me I was broken. Jackson was there and picked up the pieces. It wasn’t long before he cheated on me with a random girl.”

She returned with her whiskey. Tessa couldn’t help but giggle “ I wanted this win to be special.” Tessa watched as he poured her a glass of liquid gold. And she was pouring him some in his glass to return the favor. Tessa couldn’t help me but a little toast. “ Here is to a good partner who showed me I can do anything.” Tessa meant every word that she was saying. “ Well since we don’t have to come in tomorrow I say we drink as much as we want tonight.”

Tessa was sipping on her whiskey chasing it down with her beer. Tonight she was going to be shit-face drunk.

Skip Forward to the good part

Tessa had lost count of how much whiskey she drank. And that also went with all the beers. She couldn’t help but sing. And she was slurring her words. “ I got friends in a low place. Where the whiskey burns and the beer chases my blues away.” She just hoped that none of this would make it to the internet. She knew that drunk Tessa could get out of hand. “ We really should have a red solo cup. Then this would be a party.”

She knew that she was making a fool but didn't care. This was the first time she drank like this in years. Tessa was always trying to be the proper girl Maybe this was her chance to turn a new leaf. She didn't need Damien or Jackson to make it. All she needed was to have at least someone in her corner who believed in her. Right now that person was Chester Millstone. Now was the time to let her hair down and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Chester Millstone
Adult
Adult
Chester Millstone

PostSubject: Re: Election Night (Tessa)   Election Night (Tessa) EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 am

Chester had been spending the night getting steadily drunk -- after all, they had deserved to let themselves loose after such a big win. Tessa was, understandably, the centre of attention through it all. Lamenting over her exes, congratulating herself in the win, and generally taking the moment to savour the victory she had wanted to take.

For once, Chester couldn't fault these tactics.

Instead, he joined in the merriment with little and less opposition to everything that was going on.

Tessa, though, grew slowly more and more drunk. The notion of singing old country songs showed just how far gone she was. Chester let out a laugh as he sipped once more at his whiskey. Women, he'd found, were quite the sensitive beings, not knowing how to deal with be given up on. Tessa was just liked all the others. Looking for the sympathy vote, rather than just getting on with her life.

"Don't you think you've had enough?" Chester asked the witch gently, speaking only so she could hear so as not to embarrass her in front of her staff. "Perhaps it'd be best if we called it a night, hmm?" He suggested. It was only a suggestion, Tessa was an adult, free to do as she so chose, and if she wanted to continue, he couldn't stop her.
Back to top Go down
Tessa Greene
Adult
Adult
Tessa Greene

PostSubject: Re: Election Night (Tessa)   Election Night (Tessa) EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

Tonight was going to be one that she would never forget. Her first win and she knew that she didn’t do it alone. That is why everyone was celebrating. All of their hard work paid off. This was a win for the team but she was glad to take the praise. Chester was right she shouldn’t be thinking about Damien or Jackson. “ Fuck them all!” She was losing count of how many shots she had. Then the beer followed it. Tessa was a light weight so she knew that she was wasted.

The more that she drank it it meant that she was wasted. Tessa loved it when Chester would laugh. It would put a smile on her face. Right now she had no idea if it was the whiskey/beer or Chester making her grin. It could be both. She wouldn’t worry about that tonight as she was past the point of no return.

Tessa listened as Chester asked if she had enough. She grinned as she looked at him. “ Offiser I am not as drunk as you think that I am.” He also asked if she wanted to call it a night. She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. Her words were slurring “ I luve you. You take good care of me.” This is something that Tessa would not remember but she knew that she would be reminded later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Election Night (Tessa)   Election Night (Tessa) Empty

Back to top Go down

Election Night (Tessa)
Page 1 of 1