Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 3:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 2:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 7:48 am

Whatever the professor's problem was, Finley most certainly didn't want to be a part of it. So for that reason, the Ravenclaw kept himself quiet and not wanting for attention. It worked for the most part, the professor much more interested in the two girls that had come in to the room than him. Perfect.

However, when they were told that they would need to try out the spell, Finley felt more nervous than ever. Doing magic was not his strong point.

Finley took out his wand, closing his book and trying to ready himself for the inevitable. He remembered something about swish and flick from the book, which was probably much more helpful than the professor in that moment. Holding his wand in his trembling hand, Finley practiced the movement and then went over the incantation.

"Winguardium L-Leviosa." Finley tried, but nothing happened. Nothing at all. The Ravenclaw wasn't even surprised, in all honesty. Not daring to raise his eyes to the professor, Finley tried once more, his stutter still inflicting on the incantation as he tried to calm down. It wasn't much use, however, because Finley was quite terrified of getting in trouble, and with that in mind, his eyes were beginning to sting with tears.

No, not now... He thought to himself, blinking them away and trying once more, his voice thick with emotion. Once more, nothing happened and the Ravenclaw could feel his hands growing shakier.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 8:30 am

Glancing down at the notebook that was apparently holding something that Finley wanted her to see, she smiled a little at the two words there. It was so easy to please the simple boy that Maddie quite honestly didn't even need to try that hard - if at all. "You're welcome," she whispered softly to him once she was sure the Professor wasn't looking their way. It was said in such soft tones that she was quite sure nobody else could hear.

At the 'harsh' words that came her way, she resisted rolling her eyes, instead letting them travel to the clock that sat above the blackboard. Literally biting her tongue, she let her lips maintain the innocent smile. She could very easily play dumb blonde, and that was what she wanted to do for the time being. There was no need to open her bag to check; Madison knew for a fact that the text book asked of them was in there, but she didn't let that on, instead eyes widening. Pretending to go through her backpack, she spent a few second staring right at it before saying, in as small a voice as she could - although very close to laughing - said, "Professor, I don't have mine. My friend borrowed it and hasn't returned it. I'll use my own notebook. It's the same size, anyway."

She smiled brightly at him. What the idiot Professor would say next she didn't care, for she was certain it would be worth as much crap as all his previous statements. Without bothering to wait for a reply, she slipped out her wand and stole a look at Finley's book to see the pattern, then traced it a few times in the air before calmly and precisely saying the incantation. The book gave a slight wobble and rose a few inches before falling back down, and she gave her head a little shake. "Okay, concentrate," she muttered, then tried once more, punctuating the words as clearly as she possibly could. This time, the book lifted up high into the air and she moved it around for a few moments, quite satisfied, before lowering it back down. "Is that good enough, Professor?" she asked, again making sure that her tone was nothing but polite.

Looking around, she noted that Finley had a problem with casting, and briefly wondered if she would get in trouble for helping. But then again, their Professor wasn't actually teaching, so why should't she help when there was an opportunity to? Walking over to him, she winked, knowing that her back was towards the Professor. "Here, need a hand, Ravenclaw?" she asked teasingly, then smiled to show she honestly meant it.

"You need to put stress on the 'gar' and the 'o', which makes it wing-gar-dee-um levi-o-sa. You've got the movement right, I think," she told him, crossing her arms with another smile. "Come on, I'm sure you can do it," she added. Being nice was .. weird .. but she saw no other choice. After all, she didn't want the Professor to break her toy before she herself had a chance to go at him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 8:54 am

Finley was going through excuses in his head. Anything to get him away from being a failure... He needed to go to the Weasley's shop and get some Puking Pastilles, or something for these kind of lessons... Or moments where he really couldn't do something. At least then he would be excused...

But today, well today he didn't have an option to get out, not at all.

"Here, need a hand, Ravenclaw?"

Finley jumped at the sound of Madison's voice. She was sat next to him, and even still it felt like she'd just crept up on him. Looking at the witch, then casting a glance to the professor, Finley shook his head, eyes trained back on his book. Well, if you didn't want attention on you, you most certainly have it anyway now. Finley told himself, not sure what to do, but Madison continued on anyway.

A nice big hole to swallow me up is about overdue...

The comment on getting the movement right Finley already knew, he'd checked the book before he started and copied it without trouble. It was the words he was struggling with. "I'm t-trying." Finley whispered back to the witch, eyes flicking up towards the professor and back to his book again. But nevertheless Finley tried again, concentrating on the words and putting the emphasis where he was told to.

His stutter, however, was not something he could control and the 'L' in Leviosa came out twice more. This time, however, something did happen, though not something they were supposed to do. Instead, his book went down, causing a dent in his desk from the apparent force of the spell. Finley's eyes were instantly wide with horror. "Oh..." He breathed, looking to Madison for help. He was dead. So, so dead.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:14 am

He looked so afraid she almost felt bad - almost, if not for the fact that it was not something either of the Bishop twins ever felt. Guilt, shame, apologetic.. these were among the same list, and so Maddie only knew to continue. Part of her, however, felt sorry that the Ravenclaw didn't seem to have a backbone. "I know," she whispered back. "The Professor's a jerk, ignore him," she added, winking again, trying to just get him to do something. It was always hard to work with people who didn't - couldn't - stand up for themselves.

It was then a light bulb went off in her mind and she hid a smirk. That could be their new project! Finding a way to 'fix' Finley, to solve him, like he was a puzzle. That was how Maddie saw people, at the very least - puzzles or toys, and it was rather lucky that she just decided that Finley was in the former. Puzzles were solved; toys were played with. However, puzzles still fell in the category of 'toys', so one way or another, Finley was going to be entertaining.

Eyes widening at the opposite effect of the spell, she couldn't help but wince slightly at the damage. And was Finley actually looking towards her, as though she was expected to know what to do? Taking this as a challenge, she tried to remember what she had learnt when flipping through her own copy of the book. There was a spell to fix things, that she was sure. "Reparo," she muttered to herself, then nodded and quickly walked over to the desk before the Professor had a chance to.

Flipping open his book to the correct page, she scanned the paragraphs while tracing the pattern in the air. Setting aside the book on the table next to his, she took a deep breath and, pointing her wand at the table, firmly said the spell. The dent rose a tad bit, but there was still an obvious curve downwards, and Maddie had to repeat the spell another two times before it was back to normal. "Huh, I do need practise with this one," she commented to nobody in particular, already wondering what she could break back at her dorm in order to try this spell once again.

Turning back to Finley, she gave him a grin. "All solved," she mouthed to him, unable to hide the smug look on her face.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:46 am

She meant to be on time, she truly truly did - and she had been exactly that. Walking from the great hall, backpack hanging loosely off one of her arms, Brooke had been strolling along, knowing that she had more than enough time to get to her charms class. But then, along the way, she had passed by her favourite Professor (not that she'd tell anyone, because it was rude to have favourites) and he had been carrying so many books that he looked like he was trying to set a record of book holding.

Stopping at once, she moved to see if he needed help, and before she could even ask anything, Professor Jake had asked her to assist him. And she definitely couldn't say no to helping - anyone, for that matter, not just people she liked. It was the polite thing to do and her parents always made sure she knew what was right, and wrong, and only did the former. So, taking a few of the books from Professor Jake, she slowly walked beside him to his office, smiling the entire time. Honestly, she was happy to be able to help, and it showed through the way her eyes were shining.

"Anything else I can do?" she had asked earnestly, but there wasn't anything else, except for him to write her a letter explaining why she was 20 minutes late for her charms class, and she was sent on her way.

"See you!" she called out to him, an almost skip in her steps as she hurried to the charms classroom, entering with her smile still bright.

"Hello Professor Vane! I'm so sorry I'm late but I have a good reason. I was helping another Professor, you see, and I even have a note from him!" she said in one breath, handing him the letter and smiling. Then, noting what the other students were doing, gave a sort of squeal. "Oooo! Wingardium leviosa! This is going to be so fun!"

Letting her bag drop onto the chair of one of the desks, she pulled it open and removed her textbook, flipping to the correct page and studying the image for a few moments. Since the others were using the books, she figured this was what they were supposed to do; not waiting for any instructions to come from their Professor, she attempted the spell.

It took her a couple of tries before the book even moved a little, but she was undaunted, and another 4 tires later, managed to levitate the book up by a little. Not giving up, she attempted it for yet another 3 times before getting it, and when she did, she was so surprised at her success that she dropped the book with a loud thud and then giggled. "Oooo sorry!" she said, tone happy and bright.

[[OOC: Permission to GM Jake given by, well, Jake! Smile]]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:01 am

Lynx stood crossed arms leaning against his desk watching the students practicing the charm, he soon made his way to the Gryffindor girl, he always jumped at the chance to pick on Gryffindors. Standing in the row in front her he watched her failed attempts at the charm, occasionally passing a glance backwards at the two other students, he noticed the Slytherin managed to levitate her book, she asked how she performed

"Well it was abit rough and there is definitely room for improvement, however it is acceptable for now" Lynx replied coldly before his attention was back to the Gryffindor who now successfully performed the charm. As the man was about to go to the Ravenclaw and Slytherin students who he now noticed were talking and the girl had her wand out and seemed to be casting a spell, Lynx instantly became suspicious but before he could act another student entered, a Gryffindor no less.

She informed him that she had a note from a Professor, not saying anything he snatched the note and read it, before angrily stuffing it into his pocket. He then made his way to the Ravenclaw's table.

He looked at the two students, while he inspected the table trying to discover any evidence to reveal what they were up to. Unable to find anything he stood at the front of the class.

"Right it seems you all have performed the charm at its basic level, now to use it in a more..." Lynx paused, his eyes quickly fixed onto the Ravenclaw boy "Wait, I haven't seen you perform the charm, show me now" Lynx said sharply.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:27 am

If there was one thing Brooke was expecting, it was not rudeness. She understood when other children were rude, and even when older teens were rude, but never once in all her years of living did she expect a teacher to be rude, and especially not to students. At once the side of her that was patiently and lovingly nurtured by both parents became rifled and she but her lower lip. Her temper had been inherited from her father, and by now she knew when she would lose control and always tried to work against it. After all, being nasty was never the solution.

Picking on somebody, however, was the final straw in her eyes. Growing up her mother and father had lovingly instilled a sense of righteous anger towards bullies. From a young age she was taught to always stand up against them and to never, ever join in. Of course, standing up didn't mean being mean back or rude or anything of that sort (because that made you the bully) but rather, showing that it wasn't something nice and you will not allow it to happen. Brooke took this to heart and never let anyone out anyone else down, be it herself, a friend, or even a stranger. And no matter who did the bullying, she found it in herself to stand up against them.

This was why when she saw the fear written on poor Finley's face, whom she had so far known to be a very sweet and nice boy with whom she would very much like to be good friends with, she couldn't take it any more. "Excuse me, Professor," she said, then took a deep breath. Why is it scary to do the right thing? she mused to herself, but then the voice of her parents echoed in her mind, reminding her of what they had raised her to be, and suddenly she wasn't all that scared.

"I don't think you should do that. Call him, I mean," she continued, then found that since she started there was no point backing down. And as was usually the case with her, the words came out before she had time to process it. "Not everybody can do magic well on their first try. My dad works for the Ministry and he said he failed all his exams until he reached the third grade because he couldn't do magic. Now he's really good and can do it even without his wand, and is better than my mum who was raised around magic. I think it's mean and not nice to force people to do something in front of everyone that they can't."

By this time she was sure she had the attention of everyone but in all honesty, didn't care. "As long as you try hard it doesn't matter what you get. That's what my mum always tells me and I think she's right. Because if you cannot it doesn't make you dumb or stupid but if you try that shows you work hard and I think that is the important thing. You are being mean to my friend by.. by.. em.. em-bear-rest-ing him in front of other people and that is bullying."

"Mummy and dad told me to stand up for my friends and to not let anyone bully anyone and you are bullying my friend and I am not going to let you do that anymore," Brooke concluded, in as strong a tone as she could manage. However, because of her young age, that meant it still came out rather cute-like and innocent, but she made up for that by giving the man such a glare that was unlike her usual bubbly self. Indeed, she was so angry, the tips of her hair were turning bright red, which only happened when she was infuriated, and soon, the entirety of her hair was the same fiery red.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:29 am

Yeah Felix hated this teacher, really did they let any old git take the job? She thought teachers were at least supposed to like students. She kept the spell going, glaring right back at the teacher, ignoring Fin and Maddison for now, they seemed to be doing fine on their own.

When another student entered her attention was brought over to Brooke and her eyes bugged for a moment. Damn. That was embarrassing, she'd almost dropped the book but caught it, keeping it suspended and slowly moving it across the room. She smiled nervously at Brooke and when the Professor moved on to demand Fin perform the spell she let out a growl, glaring at him again.

Leave the kid alone. Hmm she could drop the book on his head, it'd be worth a month of detentions. She debated for a while then the other gryffindor started something she'd remember for the rest of her school career. DA-YUM!

She'd never noticed another person so easily before, maybe it was because of the anger coming off who she thought was such a nice girl. Hmm, must just be a gryffindor thing. Either way now all she could think about was making friends with the new girl in the class.

She was so focused on the girl's angry triad and noticed the changing colour of her hair, fascinated by it and was slowly loosing focus on maintaining her spell. It dropped from the air right above the Professor's head. She dropped her hand to the desk and grinned at brooke, trying her best not to giggle. Instead she mouthed 'That was awesome!'

Remembering the class grump she looked around at the Professor, offering a smug grin. This class just got a whole lot more fun. She went to look for the book but instead of seeing it in the air, to which she frowned, she found it on the floor and then looked back at the professor. Crap. Her smugness turned to sheepishness and she smiled a little. And now she was in trouble, she knew it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:55 am

With Madison fixing everything up for him, Finley could breath easy once more. Well, easier, he was still worried the professor had seen and he was terrified that he was going to get in to trouble, lose points, get detention... a letter home...

But his attention was taken a moment later as Brooke came in and he gave the witch a small, uncertain smile. He was quite sure she was going to get in to trouble... Well, he was until she pulled out the note to say why she was late. Then he felt a bit better, because Brooke most certainly didn't need any kind of telling off from the professor, she was much too nice for that.

"Wait, I haven't seen you perform the charm, show me now."

Finley froze as the professor turned to him, looking very much like a deer in headlights as he looked at the man before him. Okay, the whole world was turning on him now, and he didn't know what to do, he couldn't do the spell, he'd tried, but he couldn't do it. And to make it worse, everyone was now watching him. Turning his eyes to his book, Finley raised his wand in his trembling hand and readied himself.

"I don't think you should do that. Call him, I mean,"

Finley looked up in that moment to the witch who had spoken out, mouth slightly open in shock and awe. She... was telling the professor off? Telling him to back off. Finley wasn't sure whether to be grateful or to be more scared in that moment. What if the professor got angry at Brooke? What if... The Ravenclaw looked back to the professor in that moment before glancing back at Brooke with a questioning look.

But then Felix was starting to join in and the boy didn't know what to do now. So instead his eyes reverted to his book, pretending not to exist and hoping this would blow over. He didn't want people to stand up for him, or to get in trouble, and now he had no control on the outcome of the whole thing. Finley just hoped whatever was coming wasn't going to hurt too many people.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:38 am

As Lynx stared down the boy waiting for him to do the charm a voice interrupted him, it was the Gryffindor girl who came in late. What happened next amazed the man, the little girl proceeded to give the man a lecture about being a bully, typical obnoxious Gryffindor he thought to himself, as the girl continued with her speech he could feel her anger rising. He noticed her hair was slowly changing colour, it became obvious that she was a Metamorphmagus.

Before Lynx could speak he felt a sharp pain at the top of his head, as rubbed his head he saw a textbook, his eyes then shot up towards the other Gryffindor, it was obvious by the stunned look on her face that she was the culprit. Lynx felt a rage surge through his body he stormed over to her and pointed his wand at the girl his eyes wild with rage, even his hand was shaking with rage. He wanted to use the bloating charm and inflate the girl like a large beach ball and watch her float up to the ceiling like a helium ballon, the spell was on the tip of his tongue, then he remembered that Hogwarts had a very strict policy on using spells on students as punishments. And he wasn't going to give this Gryffindor the satisfaction of having him fired.

Lynx lowered his wand "Miss Soulsby that little stunt has just lost you 5 points from Gryffindor, and a week of detention with me, and believe you me the Headmaster will be hearing about you assaulting a Professor, I would treasure your last moments with your wand if I were you" the man said smugly.

The man then made his way to the other Gryffindor girl, and slammed both his hands down on the desk, so he was inches way from the girl's face "I believe in pushing my students so they can achieve the very best, you didn't even let him try before you opened your big mouth. If you EVER take a learning opportunity away from another student again you will NEVER be returning to my class, do we understand each other" Lynx snapped at her, he then removed his hands and leaned back "Oh and you have lost 2 points from Gryffindor for your little outburst" Lynx added coldly.

The man then cleared his throat "Right if we are quite done with all the fun and games its time to continue with the lesson, the bookshelf at the back of the room with the two books on it I want you to move them to the adjacent empty bookshelf using the Wingardium Leviosa charm" the man stated, he then walked up to Miss Walters and grabbed her arm and pulled her up out of her seat roughly "You, get up you have the unenviable position of going first now move" he barked at the young girl

Lynx then passed a look over at the Ravenclaw "Don't think you will be getting out of this one boy" Lynx said before he marched to the back of the room waiting for the students to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)   Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson 2 (1st-3rd Years)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next