Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 am

Janet nodded knowingly. "Yes, I can see how that could be stressful. Do you not get vacation days or anything, weekends off even? It's usually expected for a boss to give thier employee some sort of break."

Janet blushed slightly before changing the subject. "So do you live here in Paris or are you just staying here for a little while for your job at the Clement's?" Janet personally had only been in the brilliant city a couple of days, but had already decided she loved it. The "city of love" was like a dream come true for the young girl and she had spent the days she'd been there touring the city and learning about the unique culture and launguage.

"Yes. I'm sure it will be very good. It's what the waiter recommended though I don't even know how to pronounce it. Something french I suppose." She chuckled and shrugged. "You can tell I'm a tourist I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 2:20 pm

"I do get vacation days but not very often. Just Clements are very busy people. There is always some kind of event or then trip or something else. So yeah I need to organize those things for Lady Clement. I won't really complain, the salary is good for sure," she said with a small smile on her face. She didn't really hate her job but it can just get stressful at times.

"Nope, I don't live in Paris. I used to live here. Now I live in the Versailles," she said with a small smile. "But yeah lived here in Paris most of my life. Well before I become to work to Clements. Oh and first four years I lived in London," she said added. So she has lived in three different towns in her life.

"So yeah English used to be my main language but now it seems to be French. Even if yeah I still at times mix French with English," she said there with a small smile. This wasn't really relevant what they talked about but she decided to share it.

"Oh I can pronounce most of those things what they offer here but I'm gonna stick to my salad for now at least. Even yeah it would be nice to have something else for awhile," she said replied back. "Most of the times yes waitresses are here nice but they love to gossip so much. Literally, everytime I come here lately you can hear them whispering something between themselves," she said and shook her head there. She didn't like the gossip things much. "Being tourist can be fun. Good luck with your explores of this wonderful city," she said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 11:48 pm

"Yikes, sounds tiresome. What made you decide to work for them? Sure, the pay is probably nice but surely there are other, less demanding jobs that pay well?"

"Oh yes, I've been wanting to visit there as well. My hotel is here but it's not a very long drive to Versailles and I heard it's beautiful as well. I've been trying to find some places to visit that are cool and yet not too touristy, you know? Like, somewhere tourists would go, but not somewhere that's going to be overly crowded."

"That's so cool. My main launguage is English though I'm pretty close to fluent in German, and I've always wanted to learn French. Mainly because Germany or France are my top two options for places to move when I'm out of school.

"What kind of things would they gossip about? I can't imagine there's much drama in a restraunt, though I could be mistaken I'm sure. Thank you. I am having loads of fun, though I wish I was learning more about the people here, and the culture, and everything really. That's another reason I'd like to learn French, launguage always helps provide a much deeper understanding of the place's backstory."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Sierra smiled. "Well, it's basically a job what women in my family have. It's passed down by generation. Before I was my aunt but she didn't have any kids her own so she gave the job to me," she explained it so simply as she could. "So yeah didn't have much of choice there," she added. It was true.

"Oh yeah. I guess you can visit that place. Just it's not always open. And there are many places at some time of the day you can't go. Well privacy of people who live in the palace," she said there with a small smile. She wasn't sure right away what else places the girl there in front of her should visit.

"I'm sure there are many of such places but since it has been for awhile for me being a tourist then sorry I can't remember them right away," she added there.

"Oh, nice. I didn't really have the option when I moved to France when I was four," she said with a small smile. "Well if you want I can teach you, French, a bit but not sure how much time we will have today for it," she said there with a small smile.

"Well, I come here pretty often, to be honest. And there have been some customers complaining that I book like the entire area of 30people or even more just for 10people or less. And whenever I come here they know already why I'm here. There are different places what I need to book here. So yeah they tend to gossip different things about me. I don't even follow what they exactly say," she tried to explain there now.

"I learned French awhile I was living here already before that I didn't speak it. So that's why I still at times use some English words in my French when I speak it," she said there with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Janet nodded. "I see. Yes, that would make sense that it was something passed down. Would you have chosen a different job if you had the choice?" She tilted her head, studying the woman before her. She hoped she wasn't being too pushy, but she was curious.

Janet frowned slightly, "Versailles isn't always open? Oh, I see. You mean the castle, well yes I suppose that would make sense. I surely wouldn't want random people walking around my house all the time, even if I lived in a castle. Don't worry about it. I'll do some research, I'm sure there are some nice places I can go." Janet made herself a mental note to do just that as she smiled at the other witch.

Janet's eyes lit up as she straightened in her seat, her face exploding into a grin. "Really? You would really be willing to teach me french? That'd be so cool. We don't have to do it today of course but I could give you my phone number or something and we could set up a date and place to meet or something."

Janet listened as Sierra mentioned people here gossiped about her and said nothing more on the subject, not really sure what to say, or even if a response was required.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 10:53 pm

"I'm not really sure. I would have chosen probably working in French Magic Ministry or something like that. I would have followed then my father's steps," she said there with a small smile on her face. She really would have liked to work in the Ministry. She didn't mind her asking those questions. "Who you exactly wanna be in future?" she asked.

"Yeah, I meant the castle. Yes, I wouldn't like that too. So don't they. So castle is mostly off the limits," she said there. "I think there are some days when you can visit castle park or something but not the castle itself," she said. She wasn't exactly sure when those days were. They weren't really same days.

"Sure you can give me your number and we can set date. Or later one when you leave France we can talk over letters too," she said there with a small smile. She really wished to help this young girl.

She was actually glad she didn't ask anything about gossip again. She wasn't really sure what to say about those things too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 11:08 pm

Janet nodded. "Yeah, that would've been cool! I'm not all that into the office scene but I'm sure you would've loved it." Janet's grin widened as the woman asked what she wanted to be. "I think I'd actually like to be a writer. That's my main goal at the moment at least."

"Yeah, that's what I would expect. I mean, that makes sense. I'm sure just looking at the castle is amazing in itself." She thought of the pictures she had seen of the castle and nodded. "I'm sure it's awesome to see in person."

"Awesome! I can put it on your phone if you want. Letters sound great, I've been wanting a pen pal for a while. I'd love to have you as a teacher." Janet hadn't known the woman for long, yet she seemed to be trustworthy and Janet was most definitely open to meeting at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 12:41 am

Sierra smiled. "Well yeah, I probably would have loved yeah loved to work in Ministry too. Then again this job at times reminds it too," she said there with a small smile. "If you like to write then you should really become one," she said and also did encourage Janet to go to after her dream.

"Yeah, the castle outside is beautiful too. It's better actually inside. Basically, I have to live there too," she said with a small smile on her face. "It is an awesome place for sure," she said with a small smile. "It's hard to describe of it looks like," she said.

Sierra took out her phone from her purse and gave it to the girl. "I will give you call when I have time. Since actually in the palace the phones aren't allowed. Just Clements isn't a big fan of technology," she said the last sentence in the whisper. "Yeah, being pen pals will be fun. Never had one myself too," she said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 am

Janet smiled and nodded before deciding to drop the subject of the woman's profession, not wanting to stir up any bad feeling or anything like that. "Yeah, I'm currently working on a book and am super excited. I really think it's going to be the perfect thing for me." She grinned.

Janet's eyes widened slightly. "Oh, wow. I can't imagine what the inside looks like. It's so cool that you get to live there. Do you get to go anywhere you want or are you only allowed in a certain part?"

Janet hoped she wasn't prying too much or being pushy but she just couldn't stop herself sometimes. She loved learning more about culture and buildings like that have been around for a long time and were huge parts of a place's culture.

Janet nodded quickly and typed her number into the other girl's phone quickly, sending herself a quick text to make sure it worked. "Oh, yeah. No rush, if you don't have time while I'm here we can just mail. No big deal." She grinned and handed the woman her phone back, pulling out her own cell phone and checking to make sure she got the text. "We're all good."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:13 am

Sierra smiled and listened what Janet said there now. "Oh, nice. I hope your book will do good once you decided to publish it," she said with a small smile. "About what that book will be?" she asked there now the question too. She just was a bit of curious about it.

"Most of the time It's a good idea to stay away from Clement's side but at times I need to go there too but usually I stay the area what is for the staff," she said with a small smile. She didn't really do much of the exploring anymore since she knew already where something was since she has been living there more than 8 years now.

"Yeah sure. I'm sure I will have some days off too since I can't always work and Clement's take a vacation too when I'm not needed," she said with a small smile on her face. She really would like to teach Janet some French. "So yeah I will let you know when I'm free but yeah mail will work too I guess. If we do we should start with something simple," she added. "With what you basically would like to start even?" she asked there now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)   The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Montparnasse Tower (Sierra)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next