Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Lyra Fletcher's Diary Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Lyra Fletcher's Diary Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Lyra Fletcher's Diary Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Lyra Fletcher's Diary Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Lyra Fletcher's Diary Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Lyra Fletcher's Diary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Lyra Fletcher's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Lyra Fletcher's Diary   Lyra Fletcher's Diary EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 12:15 am

This diary is property of Lyra Fletcher
Keep Out

Lyra is generally an open person, but this diary contains things that she would never say out loud. She keeps it on her person at all times, even hiding it under her pillow at night, and it is extremely unlikely that anyone would ever be able to get it away from her. If they did, they would find that it only responds to flesh memory, and would not open for anyone save Lyra herself. Besides, even if they got past that nobody else in the world knows her password! The following will therefore not in any way be known by anyone other than Lyra and her diary, save the select few people she chooses to tell. Please do not assume you would know what was going on with her from her outward appearance and actions, faking emotions is part of modeling, and Lyra is an excellent model.

Last edited by Lyra Fletcher on Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:35 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lyra Fletcher's Diary   Lyra Fletcher's Diary EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 2:13 am

April 6th, 2025

Dear dairy, I've never done this before. So I guess I'll just... write.

Today I am fourteen. It started out a good enough day. We took a trip to six flags, and I rode so many roller coasters I don't think I could write them all here even if I remembered them all, they would take up all my journaling space. We ate food there, and it wasn't the best, but it was okay. We also got cotton candy, a funnel cake, popcorn, and a couple other things that I don't even remember at this point.

Afterwords we went home, and I got to open presents! I had lots and lots of things on my wish list, and I actually got some of them! Here's what I got:

• A Skyscraper broom! (The latest one, not even one of the old ones. The skyscrapers are the best on the market in my opinion. I think they're even faster then the Firebolts! Dad doesn't think so, but I think they're the best brooms in the world.)
  • A new American National Quidditch team long sleeved shirt
  • A Sweetwater All-Stars jacket
  • A California Quakes sweatshirt
  • A new pair of tennis shoes for running that are enchanted so my feet won't hurt
  • A new sketchbook
  • This journal
  • New fabrics
  • Some new perfumes and makeup

So, I totally thought it was weird at first that I got the long sleeved stuff, and even you, diary. Plus I didn't even get the new surf board I asked for that was like, the second thing on my list, right below the broom. Well, apparently Mom and Dad decided that we're MOVING! And they didn't even talk to me about it first! Just out of nowhere, they expect me to pick up my whole life and go to somewhere I don't know anybody. I guess we're going to England. Which, guess what, doesn't even have a BEACH!

They want me to not only move somewhere new, with no friends, but also give up surfing. It's not fair! Mom says we have to for her fashion line, but why doesn't it matter that I don't want to? Why don't I get a say in any of this?

They say they gave me you so that I can write down my feelings and junk about the move, but I don't want to. I probably won't even write in you. I feel like such and idiot writing everything down. It's not like anyone else is going to read you. Bla, bla, bla, shit, fuck, bitch, asshole, see? I can write anything I want, and it doesn't matter. Just like how my feelings don't matter. I don't know.

I'll probably throw you away. What's the point in writing crap down? It hasn't made me feel better about any of it. It's still not fair. We're still moving. I'm still going to have to leave my whole life behind. Including my BEST FRIEND since I was like TWO.

The ONLY good thing is that I'll be going to Hogwarts. Well, that's not a good thing. The good thing is that Mary-Kate is at Hogwarts. Oh yeah, you don't know Mary-Kate. That's not her real name. Her real name is Mimosa. We had a photoshoot when we were little and the guy in charge kept forgetting out name and so he kept calling me Ashley and her Mary-Kate, and so we've called each other by the names ever since. Together we're the twins, as he called us.

Anyways, yeah. I'll probably dump you. I hate you. I hate moving. I hate my parents. I don't WANT to leave.

Last edited by Lyra Fletcher on Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lyra Fletcher's Diary   Lyra Fletcher's Diary EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:01 am

November 28, 2025

Dear diary, hello again. Okay, I'll admit. I was being a baby about the move. Now I've had almost like eight months to get used to the idea. I still hate it. I hate England. I hate Europe. But this is what Mom needs. She needs to expand her brand, and besides, I’ll have Mary-Kate. Plus, I can always come back for summers. Even if I have to stay with Sunny, I will come back.

I know what you’re thinking. I said I was going to throw you out. Yeah, well, you were a gift and I figured at the very least I could use you for sketching or something. Some classwork maybe. I’ve spent the last months I’ve had her saying goodbye to everyone. Everything. I spent most of my summer either hanging out with Sunny, surfing, or both. And then the last week I packed. Packed for Ilvermorny and packed up my room.

That’s when I found you. I was too stubborn to even open you at first but I shoved you in my school trunk anyways. I said goodbye for good yesterday. And now, here I am, on a plane. I caved and finally decided to use you, though I don’t know why. I have to admit though, something about the way the pencil scratches on the paper and writing down my thoughts is starting to get a little relaxing.

Back to what I was saying. I’m on a plane. Yes, a muggle plane. First class, but still. Gross. Not that muggles are gross, just that planes are. I really don’t see why people think muggles are bad. They’re just different than us is all. It’s like a unicorn and a horse. One is magic and one isn’t. That doesn’t make a horse any less beautiful.

But I despise planes. The turbulence alone is enough to make me hate them, but then the single tiny bathroom? But Mom and Dad said we had to take a plane in order to be able to get all our stuff to our new house. I don’t see why we couldn’t have traveled separately though, I can’t stand the thought of Whoo-dini and Missy in their cages just tripping out.

I wonder what Hogwarts will be like. I’m supposed to visit on the first, get sorted and everything, though the classes for that week won’t start until the second since the first is a Sunday. Still, I’ll have a couple days to unpack a little at the new house, and then I’ll have a day or so to unpack at the new school.

Well I guess that’s all for now. I don’t really know how I’m suppossed to end this? So... bye! Lyra signing off.

Last edited by Lyra Fletcher on Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lyra Fletcher's Diary   Lyra Fletcher's Diary EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:56 pm

December 3, 2025

Dear diary, well here I am. I guess I’m a Hufflepuff now! Though I don’t know that I care other than the fact that I’m not Slytherin, like my only friend here, though my common rooms and dorms are in the dungeons like hers are. Speaking of Mary-Kate, she was so surprised! She thought I’d come just to surprise her, she even thought at first that I’d brought the other girls with me.

My roommates seem nice enough. It’s hard though because everyone already has their friends. Mimosa included. And they don’t really understand me. They don’t get my accent, or my tendencies, there isn’t even Quodpot here! Half the time when I even mention the sport I get looked at weirdly.

Also, it’s hella cold here! But nobody else seems to think so. When I even mention it I’m told that this is a mild winter for them. If this is mild what must a hard winter be like?! I don’t even want to know.

Good news! I made the Quidditch team today. I actually beat Hufflepuff’s old seeker, and they appointed me to the team right then and there. I knew my Skyscraper would be better than his broom, so the victory wasn’t really a surprise in the slightest.

Oh! More good news! I’m in love. Okay, not real love. I’ve hardly had the nerve to talk to him. But he’s hella hot, and he used to be a Quidditch player. He’s also way older and my Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, so there’s no way in hell it’s happening, but a girl can dream. And I do. I daydream. A lot. I mean, come on. Mrs. Lyra Newbury sounds pretty damn good. And Dad would approve of him, he played for the Moose Jaw Meteorites after all. The Sweetwater All-Stars used to be my favorites but I think the Meteorites are probably my favorites now. Especially if all their players are like professor Jake.

Anyways, that’s all my news for now. Lyra signing off.

Last edited by Lyra Fletcher on Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lyra Fletcher's Diary   Lyra Fletcher's Diary EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 7:25 pm

December 6, 2025

Dear diary, today was a strange day. It started out pretty horrible, it was much too cold out for me to want to get some flying practice in, so I was holed up inside. AGAIN.

On the bright side, I sort of got to know one of the girls in my dorm. Her name is Mariah and she's really pretty cool! Plus, get this! She's from SoCal too!! She used to live in San Bernardino, but she said she's also been to Huntington Beach before! Her accent isn't as thick as mine, which make me think she didn't live there as long as I did.

She seems interesting. She's definitely a reader I think. She check out like... all the books from the library. She's who I think has come the closest to understanding me here. Don't get me wrong, Mary-Kate is great. But she doesn't always get it. She tries, just like the sweet, amazing girl she is, but she just doesn't.

Mimosa is from America, and has been to California, but she doesn't understand my struggles. She never is laughed at for not understanding European things, like the awful weather. She isn't looked at strangely when she talks about things that are normal for her, like Quodpot is for me. My family has money. We have influence. But I don't want to have to buy people's love. I want them to like me for me, not for my money.

I don't understand how Mimosa doesn't seem to care that half the people she hangs out with are only around her to leech off of her. She get fancy things from her family in the mail, and special treatment from people here, so others hang around her just hoping to catch a treat here or there, or soak up a snippet of the special treatment that they get because they're close to her.

I don't understand how everything in this world seems to come down to whether your blood is pure and your wallet full. It's like, if you don't come from the right family, and if you can't afford the fanciest things, you won't get as far. Or if you do you have to work one-hundred time harder. How is that fair? I was lucky enough to be born into a pureblood, wealthy family, but what about those who aren't?

How is it fair for me to get everything I could ever want in life without have to lift a finger while other have to fight tooth and nail to be treated with half the same decency? And why am I just noticing this now? If I really think about it it's always been like this, I just never noticed.

Well now I want to notice. Someday I'm going to make a difference. I'm going to make it so that the world is equal, and so that it doesn't matter whether you're a pureblood or a muggle, rich or poor, you still get treated with the same respect and given the same opportunities. And because I'm rich, I know I can do it. Because I'm of pure blood I know that I'll have a better chance at gaining power to make a difference, and that's why I have to help those who don't get that chance.

You wait and see. I'm going to change the world. Lyra, signing off.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lyra Fletcher's Diary   Lyra Fletcher's Diary EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 2:59 am

December 31, 2025

Dear diary, Soooo I did a stupid thing. I honestly don't know what I was thinking, so please, please, pleaaaase don't judge me for it. Hah, wait, you're a book you can't judge me, you just have to listen. That's refreshing, being able to talk, er, write without having to worry about what someone else thinks of what I'm saying.

So, back to the stupid thing. I tried to run away. I say try because it was a complete and utter fail. I didn't even get as far as I'd thought, but I got out of London! The thought is both exciting and scary at the same time. Remember diary, I've lived in the same place my whole life up until this month, and having while getting to explore (especially without parental permission) was exciting, there was also the sense of danger around it. It was like I no longer had my safety net below my tight rope, or the first time riding a bike without training wheels.

In the past I was always in an area that was familiar to me. So even when I went exploring there would inevitably be something around me that was familiar, something to help me find my way home. Here, there's nothing of the sort. Here, I get out of my neighborhood and take one too many turns and I might never find my way back home.

It was stupid of me. But all I wanted was to go home. I got into an idiotic argument with Mom and Dad over my phone, they took it away (my only connection to my old life), and I freaked out. I decided I would go home, all on my own. I honestly don't know how I made it as far as I did.

Of course my parents have teased me plenty about my chosen supplies. The fact that I thought I would be able to walk and fly all the way to California for one, but also the fact that I thought I could live off of marshmallows, frosting, and some salad. Both of these points I can now see were dumb, but at the time I didn't care.

I'm really lucky Mom and Dad haven't noticed I actually used any of the money I took. They already are pissed about the fact that I took it, I really don't think they would be happy to find out I used it to buy something like water. I mean, I really don't need any more lectures, or as they call them "family talks", I already got one for running away, another for not telling anyone where I was going, and that doesn't even count the one for running away for the policeman.

They made me promise to never run away again, which, was a stupid promise to force me to make because of course I won't? Why would I run away again when I obviously didn't gain anything from it? I didn't succeed, and don't know how I would improve next time, so it doesn't make sense to try again.

They also made a "deal" with me that I would call this my home. California is our heart home, and this is our physical home. I don't really know how to think of it like that, but they're right. I've got to be able to build a life here. Otherwise I'm just going to be miserable. So, here's to a new house, a new life, and a new year!

Signing off, Lyra.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lyra Fletcher's Diary   Lyra Fletcher's Diary EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 7:17 pm

January 10, 2026

Dear diary, it's a new year! Well, it has been for ten days but you wouldn't know that would you? Since you're... you know... a journal. Wait. I guess that's like... breaking the fourth wall or whatever, I think I'm not supposed to do that? Whatever, it's done now. That's the problem with writing with a pen, you can't erase anything. Mistakes are permanent. Though, how symbolic is that? Mistakes are always permanent. Even when erased they leave a bit of a mark, just like even if you forgive someone you never really forget.

But forward and upward, right? You've got to move on. Though, it's hard to move on from something when every single little thing reminds you of the thing you're trying to move on from. The chill in the air that reminds you that there didn't used to be a chill, the people that remind you of the ones you left behind... I'm starting to figure out that moving on is really, really hard.

I don't know what I expected. That I would wake up one day and have moved on? That's not how anything in life works. Life hurts. That's the truth, is life hurts. Life gives you hardship after hardship and expects you to just move on. Just keep going. Keep moving, keep breathing, keep living, keep working, keep going. But it's not that easy sometimes. But... that's what other people are for. Friends. I have the best friends in the world, both here and back home. Or, back in my 'heart home'. Can tell I'm rolling my eyes?

But really. I don't know where I'd be without my friends. I'm surprised how fast I've made them here too. I mean, I knew I would have Mary-Kate, but I've already made at least two more friends, and maybe even a couple that are potentials. Dominique Greene and Mariah (I don't know her last name) are really good friends.

Then there are the people who just make life worse. I've been running into a lot of those people recently. Not everyone is happy to have me here, I guess. It's strange to think that someone could hate you so much just for where you grew up, or where born, or what fucking school house you're in. That someone could physically and emotionally cause someone else pain solely because they hate the idea of you.

They don't even know me! They know my name, they know I'm from California, they know what kind of broom I have, they know what house I'm in, and they hate me. But they can't really hate me. It's impossible to hate someone you don't know, right? Well, I guess that can't be true because I hate them right back. Yeah, if they can hate me, I can hate them.

But what if there's a reason they hate me? Did I do something to them? I don't remember doing anything, but what if I hadn't meant to? What if just my being here messed something up for them? Maybe they're friends of that one guy, Sterling, that I kicked off the Quidditch team and they're angry with me because of that? There's no way they can just hate me for no reason. It doesn't even make sense.

That's it. I'll figure out what I did to them and I'll fix it. I'll never forgive them, the bruises will be here for quite some time to remind me of that, but I can at least make it so it won't happen again. And if they do try again, I'll be ready.

Because that's the problem. Even if they are doing it just to be jerks I should have been able to defend myself. What's the use of magic if I can't even use it to protect myself from a few bullies?! So that's item number two on my to-do list. Learn some spells that won't just defend better. Maybe I could get Professor Jake to help me...

In other news, I've gotten to visit Hogsmeade a couple times now! I really need to write home to Sunny and the girls and tell them about it. Heck, I've been meaning to write to them all month. I promised to write every week, but hen you're first settling in it can be hard to keep anything consistent. I'll have to start keeping up with those better.

I've been catching up on my studies! One of Mimosa's friends (who I actually met on my own, not even through her) helped me a ton with my potions. Though, I guess I wouldn't have needed help if I had had the right book. Somehow I ended up buying the wrong book, so I need to go get a new one, and double check that all of my other books are right. I should have done that over the break but with everything else I forgot.

I really wish I could just be back at Ilvermorny, even now. I'm doing better at staying on the bright side, but at least back home the bullies weren't making fun of where I grew up. Back home there weren't bullies, at least not ones that picked on me, or beat me up. And back home I had all the right books. And I didn't have to worry about being made fun of for a black eye or a split lip from said bullying. But, this is my home now, and there's nothing I can do about that. Nothing but fight for myself.

Signing off, Lyra
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lyra Fletcher's Diary   Lyra Fletcher's Diary EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 2:16 am

February 28, 2026

Dear Diary, heeey! Wow, I haven't written in over a month! Like... nothing. Nada. Zero. I guess I've just been busy. Studies and people and planning can be exhausting and time consuming. Planning what, you might ask? (If you weren't a journal that is.) Well all sorts of stuff.

The first plan was just for a bit of fun. I may or may not have pulled a couple pranks on a couple boys. Some older Gryffindor bullies in particular. It's not like they didn't have it coming! Besides, now that I learned that shield spell from Jake I knew they couldn't hurt me. I could protect myself, and they couldn't do anything about it. And it was amazing to know that I had the upper hand and would be doing something they'd never expect. I never want to hurt anyone, but a few house points taken away and a detention didn't seem like enough. So, I took matter into my own hands.

I almost got caught too, lucky for me Mercy hates bullies as much as I do and totally helped me. She's not as bad as I'd first thought, so that's a win. And she helped me pull off a few pranks even Loony would be proud of!

The second plan was the ball. And that was... interesting. First I thought I was going to hate it and didn't want to go, but it was actually super fun! Even Mom being there didn't put a damper on anything, strangely enough. In fact, Mom was... strange.

I cut my hair a couple inches shorter and wore makeup and she didn't even care! she said I looked stunning and grown up and mature, but she wasn't mad like I thought she'd be. she didn't yell or get upset or tell me to wash off the makeup, she cried and said something about me growing up. You might not know this, Diary, but that is not like my mom in the slightest. The last time she was like this is when Gram-Grams died, and I can't imagine why she would react like that. I looked amazing and she cried.

It's weird. People can be so strange. Like... what is it with people and hugs? Mom and Dad never hug, and yet out of the blue Mom hugged me today. I mean, I'm used to it from people like Cocoa and Mary-Kate and Addison by now, but my mom DOESN'T hug. I don't see the point in them, other than when I'm sad, and I didn't think she did either.

So she must be sad. But she said nothing was wrong? She said not to worry about it. Which is I guess the only thing I can do, is not worry about it.

The ball turned out to be a lot of fun! I wore the dress Mom designed just for me, and entered a couple contests, and I even danced with one of Addison's friends! He was an older boy, and I just know I made some other boys jealous. Not that I know who they are, but when you dance with someone older than you it draws attention.

Speaking of which, Mimosa of all people got to dance with Jake Newbury. It's so unfair! I'm older than her, and yet because she's popular and has a fancier family, SHE gets to dance with him. Also, figured out Squid Boy's real name, not that it matters, Nikolai Kessler. And, last thing I learned at the dance. I'm actually pretty good at ice skating!!

Anyways, nothing much has happened since the ball, so I don't really have much more to say.

Oh, Mom's calling me anyways so I better grab this. Thanks for listening as always. (Not that you have a choice.)

Signing off, Lyra

Last edited by Lyra Fletcher on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lyra Fletcher's Diary   Lyra Fletcher's Diary EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 2:28 am

P.S. Diary, (is that how you do that?) some added news. Mom called to deliver the news that I just KNEW she had. I was right, she was sad about something. I guess Aunt Mari and Uncle Xavier died. She didn't really say how it happened, but I don't think I want to know anyways. I just... can't believe it. I guess Gabe is going to be coming to stay with us as well as Bea and Kat. It doesn't feel real. I mean, I cried when I first found out but it hasn't really... sunk in? I didn't know them all that well, but they were family. And I love them, and it doesn't make sense that they would just be gone. Just like that. But that's what happened, so... I guess that's all there is to say.

Signing off (again), Lyra
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lyra Fletcher's Diary   Lyra Fletcher's Diary Empty

Back to top Go down

Lyra Fletcher's Diary
Page 1 of 1