Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 12:12 pm

The climb up was no picnic but even Clara had to begrudgingly admit to herself it could have been a lot worse. The booze from Tinky Mavrik glowed like a talisman hugged close to her chest as she climbed in companionable silence. So for, Klaus had asked her very little, and it was slowly dawning on the witch why she'd grown so used to him. The pixie haired witch prided herself in not being overly fond of anyone except Azzie but Klaus Weber was certainly... easy to get used to.

When she confirmed she didn't have her key, the man withdrew his stick and did the thing, popping the latch easily. Normally, this would be a great cause of concern to the Seer but today was anything but normal. instead she simply strode into the living room, breathing in the stale air and dust motes floating lazily through her space. The window she'd left popped slightly open back in September had let in everything from sun, rain and dust to wayward bird feathers and what looked like a bit of cheese that had long gone blue and grey.

The place screamed Clara Kent.

Depositing the paper bag sideways on the low coffee table that still housed her crystal ball, she barely heard the bottles clink against each other as they rolled out, far too busy taking in the surroundings that reminded her who she was. Who she still desperately needed to cling on to on difficult days. It was a far cry from Kit's mansion, and it was better in every single way.

Dusting off a patch on the old shapeless rug she had stolen from a yard sale years ago, the Seer sat down, inhaling deeply as calmness rushed through her body. For the first few minutes, she simply sat and breathed, recalling the person this place belonged to, and trying to remind herself that she was still that person.

"Thanks for the..." she spoke up presently, then stopped, unsure how to continue that sentence in a suitably noncommittal way. How do you speak to someone who had not only seen you break down multiple times now but had been sort of decent enough to not bring it up even once? Clara was used to bad men, to lecherous men and men who got what they wanted through force and violence. It was men like Kit and Klaus that threw her off, men who (sometimes misguidedly) genuinely seem to want to help.

"I'm not always such a basket case,' she added bitterly, hating herself for feeling the need to justify herself like the redhead's mom had done. In actuality, she handn't been this bad since she was a teenager but that was more information Klaus did not need to know. "Poor Azzie really picked a winner in all of us, huh? Family of the fuckin' year."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Klaus stepped into the room and closed the door behind them, watching as Clara set down her paper bag and two bottles of tequila rolled out. He raised his eyebrows, but if she thought it would help, he wasn't complaining.

He stood somewhat awkwardly by the door as she sat down on the rug, unsure exactly what to do now that he had completed his task of bringing her here. At least it had worked: she looked visibly calmer now that she was back in her element.

He shrugged off her thanks. Helping her at the very least made him feel useful, gave him purpose for a few hours before he went back to staring at the wall in his room with a book lying open and unread in his hands. Everything he did at this point was simply an excuse to stave off his own thoughts.

At her next words, he tilted his head thoughtfully, wondering why she felt the need to explain herself. "I know," he replied shortly. No matter how many times she broke down, she had already proven herself to be a capable human being. She was strong far more often than she was weak.

His lip pulled into a humorless smile at her comment. Their little dysfunctional family really sounded like it could be the start of a joke. A drunk, a psychic, and a millionaire walk into a bar...

Except if there was a punchline, he hadn't figured it out yet.

"I like to think we're better than whoever left her on the street," he remarked as he strolled toward the coffee table and picked up the two bottles of tequila. He held one in each hand and turned toward her inquiringly.

"Do you have glasses for these, or is it a bottle for each of us?"
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 4:11 pm

His logic would have rung sound if Clara hadn't known exactly what kind of people were out there. Though the witch supposed that was a good thing to cling on to, no matter how small. They were at least better than what would have happened to Azzie otherwise. While Clara herself had never been a street kid, she had definitely been a street teenager and young adult, and the idea of her little kiddo going through any of that sent a deep shudder through her short frame.

"Do you have glasses for these, or is it a bottle for each of us?"

"There might be some in the kitchen, I don't know," she replied, trying hard to remember and failing. Her face scrounged up in genuine puzzlement as she tried to recall what kind of glasses she had and failed. "I can't even remember what kind of glasses I have,' she admitted with a laugh that was slowly edging towards hysteria. "How messed up is that? One day I'll probably forget everything in this studio."

The bitter, dry laughter bubbled up painfully in her chest once more, making her reach for the bottle. She struggled with the lid for a moment before handing it back to him in a silent plea to open the damn thing. When he complied and handed the bottle back to her, Clara immediately lifted the glass vessel to her lips, taking a small sip and feeling the alcohol burn the insides of her mouth.  

As the tequila blazed a trail down her throat, she coughed hard, her eyes nearly watering with the pain but her mind clearer than it had been before the sip. The moment of clarity that had hit before the booze remained. One day she would forget everything about this place, she had seen it in her visions three years ago. She just hadn't known what it meant back then.

"You ever feel that way? Like parts of you are disappearing, being replaced by some strange creature who lives in the suburbs and does pot luck and car pools and crap?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 8:53 pm

Klaus could tell that Clara was troubled by her inability to remember. It wasn't the glasses themselves that bothered her; it was bigger than that. He finally understood what had sent her into a panic.

She felt like she was losing herself.

And he understood. He understood why she was afraid. She was right to be afraid.

He didn't remember what kind of glasses he'd had in his house. He didn't remember the colour of his bathroom walls, or what order the utensils had been arranged in his kitchen drawers. His life before was hazy at best; time and alcohol had both taken their toll on his memories.

But he didn't care about his house or his furniture. They hadn't meant much to him to begin with; he'd never associated them with his identity. No, he understood Clara's panic because he himself had started to panic not long ago for a different reason.

He was starting to forget Marcia's face.

It had dawned on him on New Year's Day, the day of their anniversary. All day, the memories had washed over him until each thought felt like drowning, but as strong as the feelings were, the images eluded him. He saw her as though from a distance. He could imagine certain parts of her, her mannerisms, her smile, but every time he tried to focus, the image blurred and faded away. The more he tried, the more frustrated he grew, until the questions consumed him: What colour were her eyes? How long was her hair? What outfit had she been wearing on their anniversary last year?

The only time he ever saw her with any clarity was in his dreams, but his dreams were always nightmares, replaying the final moments of her life. The only memories he could rely on to stay burned inside his mind were the ones he would rather forget, the ones that haunted him when he closed his eyes.

So, yes, he understood why Clara was afraid. It hadn't even been a year since he had lost Marcia. At the time, he'd thought that had been it: she was gone. But now he realized he was still losing her, more and more each day, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Lost in thought, he absentmindedly popped open her bottle and handed it to her. As she took a swig, he guessed that was the answer to his previous question. No use fetching glasses. He cracked his own bottle open and sat down on the rug across from her, raising the tequila to his lips, concentrating on the familiar burn as it slid down his throat. It grounded him.

"You ever feel that way? Like parts of you are disappearing, being replaced by some strange creature who lives in the suburbs and does pot luck and car pools and crap?"

"Most of me was gone before I got here," he admitted. "But I know what you mean."

He did. This life he had was never supposed to be his. He was never meant to come to America. He was never meant to take care of Azalea. He was never meant to meet Clara.

But here he was. And his response to this fact was to raise the bottle to his lips once more and drink.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 3:28 am

"Most of me was gone before I got here,"

Clara supposed it was a good thing he knew what she meant, because most of the time even she didn't have a clue. In all the months they'd spent as silent companions doing chores at Harrington House, they had never quite gotten into the habit of talking to each other. One liners here and there, some laughs, some not so great moments, a handful of troubled memories. There were very few things to substantiate their relationship, perhaps because their relationship had no substance in the first place. She knew very little of his life outside of how she had come to know him and he knew perhaps only a fraction more by accidental visits to her home and neighborhood.

"Yeah?" she asked, leaving the question open ended. If he wanted to reply, he could. If he wanted to keep continuing with his tequila, Clara could hardly blame the man. Contemplating her own bottle, she brought it up to her mouth once more, taking another small sip and reveling in the burn. This time, there was no cough.  

The witch knew from experience you could get used to a certain kind of pain. Welcome it even.

"You ever miss who you used to be? Or do you just., forget and move on?" If there was light at the end o the tunnel, Clara needed to know now, at least so she could hold on until promised light drew nearer. Right now she was stumbling, lost in a never ending darkness of combed back hair and pristine white shirts and cookie cutter houses all in a row. Unconsciously, the witch placed her bottle on the rug, reaching for the two pins she'd inserted in her her hair that morning after combing them back to get them out of the way.

With quick, semi painful swipes, she removed the pins from her hair, discarding them to the floor. Her fingers flew through the hair once again, this time intentionally chaotic in their movements, messing her short locks up for good measure and leaving them in the odd, disarrayed spikes she was more used to.

"You ever wish you could go back?"  

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 9:08 am

If she was looking for clarification, she wasn't going to get it. Not while he was still sober, anyway. They were closer now than they had been before, but he was hardly ready to spill his guts to her. In response to her open ended question, he simply took another swig and looked away for a moment.

The old Klaus would never have booked a plane to begin with. He would never have had a reason to be here.

He shrugged at her next question. It was hard to separate who he used to be from what he used to have, but certainly he had liked himself more when he'd been happier. Could he forget and move on? Absolutely not. Sometimes he wished he could, but then he would start to, and it would always be the good memories that went away first.

"It's complicated," he tried to explain. "You forget some things, but you don't move on. Who I used to be...it's not as important now as other things. Every now and then he'll pop up again just to remind me how far I've fallen," he joked humourlessly, a wry smirk upon his lips. If she was looking for comfort, she'd come to the wrong person. He was hardly a shining example of success. If she thought she might end up like him, panic was the right response.

"You ever wish you could go back?"

He looked down at his bottle of tequila, considering. "Depends," he started. "Back now, or back in time?"

He didn't want to go back to the UK. He didn't want to simply resume his life there, minus everything good that was already gone. He'd fled to the US for a reason, and he'd much rather be here than there given the current circumstances.

But if he could go back and change everything, he'd do so in a heartbeat. His regrets consumed him, day and night, waking and sleeping. Every quiet moment filled with thoughts of what he could have done differently, how things might have turned out. If he could do it all again, if he had the chance to snap back to the moment it had all gone wrong and stop everything before he'd lost himself, there was no doubt in his mind that he would take it.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 2:42 pm

The witch drank some more as Klaus talked, it seemed the right thing to do. At first she wondered if Tinky had given her the actual good stuff or if Klaus was being intentionally cryptic but in the end, it didn't make a difference. They all communicated the way they wanted to. Clara was sure she was not all that forthcoming herself most of the time, and he never pressured her to be so she may as well return the favor.

The tequila was making her head swim even if she was only a couple sips in, perhaps Tinky really had given her the good stuff.

"You and Kit are weird..." she observed blandly, staring at the label of her bottle to try and discern what was written on it. But her eyes wouldn't focus. Not that she understood labels on a good day but it seemed like the thing to do now. "Do you guys like... work on the broody, angst ridden personality or does it come naturally?" A short sharp laugh followed her words as she realized what she'd said. The witch had kept it in from the moment she'd met him but it was out now.

They expressed their inner turmoil in different ways but they were both the same really. Kit unable to get over some French harpy and Klaus... "I swear, if you ran away from the UK because some girl broke your heart, I will strangle you right here and now," she added, the alcohol making her braver than she'd felt in weeks. "Because I am so done with that shit."

To emphasize her point, the Seer lifted the bottle to her lips once more, taking another swig. The insides of her mouth were growing numb from the persistent burn, making her take slightly larger gulps to keep the heat going.

"I don't like the name "Azalea"," she admitted after she was done swallowing. "It has to do with her, Kit thinks he's so smart, so subtle. He named the kid after her favorite flower but whenever I sense her in the future, she's always around dahlias. Poor SOB doesn't get how easy it is for women to just lie to him." Like he does to most of them, but Clara was not quite drunk enough to throw her best friend under the bus completely.

Maybe another fifteen minutes and she'd be there.

"Kid should have her own identity, not be overshadowed by some pining memory of a..." What was was it anyway? Kit was pretty sure he loved the woman, Clara couldn't say. Love didn't make sense to her, that kind in particular. "A decent fuck, I guess."  Of course, Azzie losing her identity was only a branched off fear of Clara losing her own, but how could she protect the child from a danger she herself was so close to succumbing to?  

"How am I supposed to teach her to be herself when I can't even be myself around her?" she asked no one in particular, reaching up to worry her hair some more, tangling them even further atop her head. Next her fingers moved to the hem of her blouse, tracing the creases she had created earlier almost as if to reassure herself they were still there.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 2:16 pm

At Clara's unexpected outburst, Klaus chuckled softly, the alcohol already beginning to work its magic as it relaxed his muscles and his mind.

"I can't speak for Kit, but yes, I practise every morning in the mirror."

The genuine humour he felt surprised him. It was like a bit of his previous self had crept in, unannounced, in response to Clara's personality. He couldn't remember the last time he had felt this...at ease. When he drank by himself, the effect was numbing more so than relaxing. But the more tequila he downed right now, the less tense he felt. Like he might actually be able to let his guard down a little if he kept drinking.

Her annoyance at the hypothetical situation she proposed brought to mind memories of a conversation they'd had several months ago on the rooftop. She had asked after Kit's ex, a woman Klaus had known nothing at all about until then, and still knew very little about now. She existed. That was all he had gathered. Kit never seemed to talk about her.

But the way Clara spoke of running from heartbreak fit the pieces together somewhat. That must have been Kit's situation. The thought amused him in its triviality - he almost wished he could afford to be so petty, to feel like such problems were the end of the world. He snorted and shook his head, but didn't elaborate on the real reasons for his flight. As of right now, the mood in the room was not that dark, and didn't need to be.

He mimicked her movements as she took another swig of tequila. It was strong stuff. He could already feel a light buzzing in his fingertips, and his thoughts were beginning to fade in and out of focus. He felt heavy, but warm and secure within the confines of Clara's tiny apartment.

Klaus cocked his head to one side as she rambled about Azalea's name, and Kit's ex's favourite flowers. He was not entirely familiar with Kit's situation, but it seemed Clara had been dealing with it for a while now and was visibly annoyed. The details were unclear, but they were unimportant. He got the gist of what she was feeling.

He wasn't sure how to respond, or even if she wanted him to, so he simply nodded and busied himself with another sip of tequila.

She returned to the subject of identity, and he didn't know what to tell her. She put a lot of pressure on herself to be a good role-model for Azalea, and he understood why, but he couldn't shake the thought that it wasn't her responsibility. She wasn't Azalea's mother. She had never signed up to be. Kit was the one who was supposed to raise Azalea; he was the one who had chosen to adopt her.

Yet Clara was here, and Kit wasn't.

He looked down to see he'd already consumed about a quarter of the bottle. He swilled it around absentmindedly in his hand as he spoke.

"You know, you're really not obligated to teach her anything. It's good that you care, but...well, parenting is Kit's job. We help, but he's the one who should be raising her."

It sounded callous, he supposed, now that it was out in the open, but he maintained that it was true. He liked Azalea, he really did, but at the end of the day, she was Kit's daughter, not his or Clara's.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 4:06 pm

"I can't speak for Kit, but yes, I practise every morning in the mirror."

"Hilarious Weber,' she replied just as dryly, reaching to give him a friendly jab with her elbow and missing by quite the margin in her near inebriated state, making her wobbly in her position for a moment when she missed. Thankfully, the witch righted herself before her open bottle of tequila could come to any harm.

The idea of him actually practicing in front of the mirror was amusing enough to make her take another sip, feeling the familiar warmth burn comfortably down her throat and settle somewhere deep inside her - it was temporary reassurance sure, but temporary was better than nothing.

It took a while longer, of silent drinking, before he pointed out soemthing that... No one else had ever pointed out to her before. Clara was the first to admit she was more than a little prickly on the, well, every side. That coupled with the fact that she didn't make a lot of genuine friends resulted in not many people knowing what was going on with her life and even lesser people who actually cared about it.  

Of course, Kit cared about her. She knew he did. But the photographer cared about things and people the only way he knew how, and that way left a heck lot to be desired. Klaus... was probably just making an observation, she decided as she took another swig from her bottle and then set it down. They might be friendlier now than they were half a year ago but... She wouldn't go so far as to say he cared about her.

With a sigh, the witch dropped on her back, lying down on the rug and contemplating the low, dusty ceiling. Spiders had probably made a home up there, and though they made for good aesthetics in a psychic's den, they were not the best roommates to live with. Raising her hands above her head, she swung them clumsily back and forth on the rug, unaware of how the motion made her top ride up her body, revealing the tattooed midriff underneath. The mermaid's head and upper body poked over the waistband of her jeans, it's tail disappearing somewhere along the witch's hip underneath the denim.

"Look, dust angel," she pointed out with a giggle, the tequila was taking full affect now.

The giggle died as soon as it had risen, the words sinking in. Angels really were made of dust, weren't they?

"I met Kit three and a half years ago," she began slowly, talking to the ceiling, surprised she hadn't told anyone this story before. It was hard to imagine a time without Kenneth Harrington now but she'd lived a whole life without him once, a life she still missed terribly some days. "And it was fine. He spilled coffee all over me and I laughed because I'd seen it coming. We got to talking and-" And what, it had been fine. For the first time in years Clara had felt at home with a stranger she had never planned to see after the ad film they were working on was completed?

"I was on the way back home, I'd made it up the first floor and I had the worse headache..." It was hard to remember, let alone put into words how badly it had hurt. How in the few agonizing moments Clara had been conscious to feel it, she had wished for death again and again over whatever was splitting her head in two.

"I woke up almost two days later. Jim had found me and got me back home. Bastard ate all my leftovers but whatever." The ceiling was starting to blur, making her feel disoriented. Reaching out, Clara made to grab at something, trying to steady herself because the world was definitely moving, even if slowly.

"And I... Just knew..." Klaus could say all he liked that she was not obligated to Azalea in any way, that she didn't owe Kit anything to stay and help him through his various messes, but the man beside her didn't know what she did.

He would never understand that without Kit Harrington, her own future simply disappeared.  

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 12:15 am

He smirked as she tried to jab him but missed, both because she was clearly tipsy, and because he leaned ever so slightly out of the way. A small but genuine smile reached his eyes for a moment before fading. This was a new side of Clara, one she hadn't shown him yet. Despite the amount of time they spent together, they had never interacted with quite so much familiarity before. Funny how a little alcohol could liven up a relationship so quickly.

As she fell back against the floor and swept her arms through the dust, he found his eyes were drawn to a tattoo, partially visible against her newly exposed midriff. He couldn't quite tell what it was beyond a woman's head and shoulders - the rest of it disappeared beneath her jeans - but he wondered at the significance of it. She didn't have many tattoos, at least that he had seen, so he figured it must mean something.

Another brief, amused smiled tugged at his lips as he watched her play in the dust, but it disappeared as quickly as her own mirth when she suddenly turned thoughtful.

He listened with rapt attention as she began to explain the story of meeting Kit. It was something he had often wondered but had never asked. Unfortunately, her story was somewhat disjointed and provided little clarity - the tequila had likely gotten to her head - but Klaus was able to piece together a few things from context.

She'd had a headache, she'd passed out, and she'd just known...something. He had seen her in a similar situation before, though not as severe.

"You had a vision?" he clarified, wondering what she had seen. Something about Kit, something serious enough to bring them together, serious enough to make her feel attached to him somehow. He hoped it wasn't bad, but he wasn't particularly optimistic. He wondered if it had already come to pass, or if it was still yet to occur. He wondered if that was the source of her anxiety.

Now that he thought about it, he figured knowing the future would probably give anyone anxiety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement    Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clara & Klaus - The Untold Story: Problem Statement
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next