Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN} Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN} Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN} Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN} Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN} Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN} Empty
PostSubject: Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN}   Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN} EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 11:21 pm

Anyone walking past the lone booth in the back of the Three Broomsticks would be a witness to a silently sobbing, red-haired female with her arms curled on the table and her head cradled in them, shoulders shaking with her suppressed sobs. They would only have to take one look at her outfit and they would no doubt wince in sympathy - she was dressed for a date yet there she was, sobbing her heart out by herself in a pub of all places.

She never suspected anything when she first started seeing the Ravenclaw boy that had asked her out just after the start of the new term, truly she had been a fool to believe that the guy was actually sincere in his words yet she had and there she was, three months after the fact, sobbing her heart out in the privacy of the booth that Madam Rosmerta had kindly led her too, just moments after she had witnessed her boyfriend snogging another girl in an alleyway between the Hogs Head and Quality Quidditch Supplies.

Her first reaction to seeing it had been shock that then slowly bled into anger and eventually, after she cursed both of them, the flood of tears came and she fled into the safety of the Three Broomsticks where the kind owner of the pub had only taken one look at her heartbroken face and led her through the silent pub to a far corner booth where she had been sat down, given a bottle of butterbeer, some warm fish and chips and left in peace, with the lady checking on her once in a while.

On auto-pilot, she ate the food and as soon as the last chip had passed her lips and the plate had disappeared from her table, Apollonia broke down once more and burst into fresh tears, letting her head fall forward to crash into her arms so that her sobs would be suppressed.

Having your heartbroken was never nice but having it broken while finding out you were cheated on was even worse, Apollonia decided.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN}   Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN} EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 1:12 am

Mariah used to come to the Three Broomsticks by herself all the time when she first got to Hogwarts. She hadn't made any friends yet, so she always went everywhere alone. She hadn't really minded back then. She was used to it, and besides, everything had been new and exciting at the time and she'd been too busy discovering butterbeer to really worry about who else was around.

And then she'd met Lyra and Nikolai and had made actual friends who accompanied her places and she found it was much more fun being in Hogsmeade with somebody else. And she had great memories of bringing Lyra here and introducing her to butterbeer and then meeting up at the Three Broomsticks nearly every Hogsmeade weekend after that and catching up, goofing off, and generally having a good time.

And now she was here by herself once again, and Lyra was on her way back to America, and Mariah wasn't talking to Nikolai anymore, and all the progress she had made over the last year and a half was falling back in on itself, only this time she noticed how awkward it was to walk into the Three Broomsticks by herself because everybody else in the room had at least someone to talk to and all the tables were filled with groups of friends having fun and here she was with nobody and suddenly the idea of drinking a butterbeer by herself at the bar seemed utterly and ridiculously sad.

It was a familiar feeling, loneliness. She thought she'd finally beaten it once and for all when she'd found her little niche last year, but she supposed it had been there all along, sitting in the back of her head and waiting for moments like this to resurface and remind her that there was only one thing she could really rely on: one way or another, Mariah always ended up alone.

She would have turned around and walked back out of the pub, but she really had nowhere else to go. The loneliness would follow her anyway. May as well keep walking forward, since she was already here.

She ventured deeper into the pub, passing tables full of students and hating the fact that hearing other people laugh was making her sad. What a terrible thing, to wish unhappiness upon strangers. Just because she was miserable didn't mean anyone else deserved to be.

She was just about to change her mind and leave for someplace quieter when she saw the booth in the back corner and its solitary occupant. Something in her chest twinged at the scene. Someone here was even more miserable than she was.

She felt compelled to approach, if only to ask what was wrong and offer whatever comfort she could. She had nowhere better to be, and if nothing else, she was at least a pretty good listener. Maybe, just maybe, she might leave here with a friend. At the very least, she could try to make someone else feel better and put something positive into the world. That would certainly be more productive than wallowing in her own self-pity.

She allowed her feet to carry her to the table, hesitating slightly upon reaching it. Upon closer inspection, she realized she recognized the girl in the booth.

"Apollonia?" she asked gently, resting her hand lightly on the table.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN}   Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN} EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 7:01 pm

Had her sister been there, Apollonia would no doubt be getting her ear chewed off by the elder witch for letting some boy make her cry. She would be shaking Apollonia's shoulders and pretty much telling her to get back onto her own two feet and not let the boy bring her down so much. She would be telling her that she was better than that.

Breathing harshly, Apollonia hiccuped as her sobs fell silent, only tears falling down her cheeks. She had always wanted that sweet romance that her siblings always talked about when they fondly talked about their S.O's and yet all she got was a boy who thought he could play with her and break her heart.

She was only sixteen, she still had time for a full-blown love like theirs and no boy would ever break her like that again. She cried her tears for her first heartbreak but she refused to shed any more for some silly little thing like that again.

"Apollonia?"

The gentle voice of the girl that she had met the year before brought her out of her thoughts and she glanced at the younger female before looking away, fingers brushing away the last dregs of tears that still fell. "Hey Mariah." She gave the other girl a small smile as her shoulders straightened and she sat up fully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN}   Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN} Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurt me once, shame on you... {OPEN}
Page 1 of 1