Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Blown Away [Dimitri]  Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Blown Away [Dimitri]  Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Blown Away [Dimitri]  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Blown Away [Dimitri]  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Blown Away [Dimitri]  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Blown Away [Dimitri]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Blown Away [Dimitri]  Empty
PostSubject: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:46 am

Spending time at Hogwarts was pretty hard for Nerisei. The Ravenclaw was usually studying and then her time was mostly spent with her two friends. Either wandering in the Forbidden Forest, or chilling around laughing. But things took a turn that cost her a lot more than what she expected. With the death of her friends, Nerisei was pretty much isolated. Closed to herself, looking more like a dark shadow than a human. Was she depressed? Maybe, maybe not. To her, this was not a depression. Because during depression, you still felt something. Even if that was pain. And she was past even that.

That specific evening, she had locked herself up in the Library, writing down every single essay they had to turn in, even if the deadline was in two weeks. She would be over with her homework and that would provide her the time to relax away from all the weird looks she was getting. Maybe it was because of the heavy makeup she was sporting lately, or it was simply because her face was probably one you'd be afraid of. Either way, she couldn't care less about them.

Gathering her things, Nerisei exited the Library and moved towards the Grounds. Specifically, the Pitch. It was Christmas, which meant most people were home, enjoying the holidays with their friends and family as if nothing was going on. Because in their perfect bubble, nothing had actually changed.
The cold air hit her harder than she expected, making her come to a stop immediately. "Damn it!" Neri muttered and quickly put on her gloves, hiding her face behind her scarf.

By the time she reached the Pitch, her nose looked as red as a tomato, but she didn't care. Snow fell softly around her, and the Ravenclaw witch took the time to actually enjoy it as it touched her face. Maybe, if she sat out there long enough, the cold would numb her pain.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:47 am

The school year had been rather challenging, thus far. There were new classes, like Global Citizenship and the careers classes, which were coming in as rather useful, and Professor Holmes... well, he was upping his game with Potions classes, that was for sure. Charms, though, remained Dimitri's favourite class, even if Professor Vasquez had left the to someone who was not quite so interesting.

The first term had been completed, and with it came the Christmas Holidays. Where Dimitri would normally have gone home for the festive season, this year he'd opted to stay at the school. Not for any specific reason, in truth, his mother hadn't been too happy with the choice, in truth, but Dimitri had promised to make it up in the next holidays.

Which had left him with very few others in the school.

The fifth year Ravenclaw had gone out for a run that day -- what with the lake being frozen, swimming was off the table. Dimitri's run had taken him round by the Quidditch Pitch, and as he drew closer, he noted a familiar face. Smiling to himself, Dimitri hurried in the direction of the girl, catching up with her in only a few moments.

"Hey Nerisei!" Dimitri greeted the witch cheerfully, noting her reddened nose with an amused smile. "Not quite ready for the season?" He asked, not meaning any harm with his light teasing. His own cheeks were reddened, but whether from the cold or the physical exertion was yet to be told.

Last edited by Dimitri Moreau on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:48 am

To be honest, Nerisei didn't expect anyone to be in the Pitch, or at Hogwarts, during the Christmas Holidays. The students that stayed behind were very few, and there were either unable to go back cause they lived too far, or.. they just couldn't go back for some reason. Purebloods, of course, were the first to leave the Castle, since there would be no way they would stay back and miss all the social gatherings the elite would organise. She couldn't help but think about all the Balls they would be attending, dancing in soft music while they laughed and enjoyed their luxurious lives. Much like every fairytale, she believed.

But was it that good? Nah.. Because despite the beauty these gatherings had, they were probably pretty boring. Males talking politics and business while the poor girls would have to be charming and ready for their game of love match. As if love was a competition. Nerisei shook her head at the thought. All those arranged marriages and the poor girls that didn't have any choice as to whom they will marry. It was despicable.

So when a voice disrupted her thoughts, she couldn't possibly believe that it would be him. Not just a guy, but the Pureblood, hot guy she had a crush on since last year. Though, because of everything that happened, they never kept in touch, and she was lost among the crowd. After all, she didn't have a single chance with him.

"Not quite ready for the season?"

The way his eyes flickered from her nose back to her with a smile didn't go unnoticed from the witch, who in turn, hid her face more behind her scarf. She was not going to blush.
"Dimitri... hi.."
She looked around, trying frantically to find something to say before things became too awkward.
"I actually am never ready for Christmas.."
She offered him a small smile but it didn't reach her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:48 am

As the witch hid in her scarf -- from the cold, Dimitri assumed -- the wizard ran a hand through his hair, brushing it out of his face, and simultaneously making it look messier than it had a few moments ago from his run. The sports shirt he had on clung to his slender frame, and the jogging bottoms were somewhat fitted too.

Breathing a little heavier than normal, the Ravenclaw sucked in some air through the pause in conversation, Nerisei's short greeting somewhat off, but Dimitri didn't comment on that. Instead, the young man fell in to step with the witch.

"How come you're out in the grounds on your own?" Dimitri tried. "Especially here. Or, are you reliving the epic triumph of the Ravenclaws over the Hufflepuffs?" Dimitri asked, reaching up to brush the snow from his features in that moment because it was bothering him slightly.

He hadn't spoken to Nerisei in some time, through both his own fault and the business of his schedule, but Dimitri didn't think this lessened their relationship in any manner, truth be told.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:50 am

It was really hard for Neri to keep a straight face. It wasn't just the fact that her crush was standing next to her, but he was also in form fitting clothes, showing off his toned body and making the Ravenclaw girl squirm. This was a torment. And after all that time, she found herself unable to handle things. Her eyes wandered down his form, and her cheeks turned twice as red as before. Pulling herself together, she inhaled sharply and turned her gaze away.

"How come you're out in the grounds on your own?"

Nerisei didn't answer immediately. Instead, she took some time to think his question through, careful as of what answer she should give to him. He didn't know much, if anything, about her, so telling him the truth wouldn't really be any of his interests.
"Well, I guess I just enjoy spending time away from people." Which wasn't a lie per se, but it was not the whole truth.

"What are you doing here, Pureblood Prince? Shouldn't you be at home, at some Ball, dancing away the night with a lady on your arm?" Neri teased, trying to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:50 am

The comment of liking to stay away from people brought a light frown to the Ravenclaw's features in that moment. He didn't understand, in truth, and it showed quite clearly on his features in that moment. However, the boy didn't judge the witch on that comment.

"Spending time alone is... refreshing." Dimitri supplied instead in response. Alone time was a necessity that everyone needed, himself included. On that much, he understood.

But Nerisei's next comment brought a soft laugh from Dimitri in that moment. Pureblood Prince? Hardly. But, he didn't wish to call her out on calling him that, he knew that perceptions of his world. How many people viewed him, his family, and their beliefs.

"Well, technically, yes, I should be at home. But, to my knowledge, there weren't any Balls for my family to be attending." Dimitri replied with a small smile. There was the Clement Christmas Ball, but the Moreaus never attended, despite the invitation that came from the French nobility. The Moreaus had not forgiven the Clements for throwing them from France, and it was a grudge that was still held true -- by one side, at least.

"Though, dancing an evening away with a beautiful lady would be much more interesting manner of exercise than jogging in the freezing cold." Dimitri reflected, giving off a small laugh as he thought about it.

"Have you been playing recently? The violin, I mean?" Dimitri asked conversationally. "I'm afraid I've not been keeping to my practices -- Professor, or Headmistress Goshawk's classes are leaving me with a tonne of research to complete!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:57 am

"Well, technically, yes, I should be at home. But, to my knowledge, there weren't any Balls for my family to be attending."

Nerisei gave him a sideways glance, smirking. He was unbelievable, that boy. And that was what made her question a lot of things in her life. Dimitri was one of the few Purebloods that she could not figure out. There were the one that were stuck to the old traditions and thoughts, considering Halfbloods and Muggleborns weak and unworthy of magic, there were the Purebloods that were the complete opposite of what they should be, and then there was Dimitri.
Truth be told, she didn't know much about Purebloods, since she didn't like them, but Dimitri... he was different.

"Though, dancing an evening away with a beautiful lady would be much more interesting manner of exercise than jogging in the freezing cold."

Neri let out a soft laugh at that, shaking her head at him.  Did he have to remind her that he was jogging? Which lead to her remembering the clothes that were sticking to his body. Dear God, Neri. Pull it together...
"I am still not sure why you decided to go running, but if you were trying to get warm, there were better ways."
The Ravenclaw turned to look at him with a sly look, before adding."And there's always a Lady in the Castle, if you want to dance."

"Have you been playing recently? The violin, I mean?"

The witch listened to him explaining how he hadn't been practicing all that much due to a ton of homework and nodded, understanding what he meant. Just because she had decided to abuse herself to finish all her homework immediately, didn't mean normal people did it too. It saddened her though, since listening to him playing the piano was magical.

"I am sorry to hear that. But maybe I could help you... if.." The witch cleared her throat a bit, brushing away the snow from her face as she came to a halt. " If you'd like."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:57 am

“Why did I go running?” Dimitri echoed, giving a small, thoughtful look before raising his left shoulder in what might have been considered a shrug, but it wasn’t a shrug. After all, Purebloods did not do such things. They were bad for posture, his mother would say. “With the Lake frozen, it’s a little bit difficult to go swimming, to be quite honest.” The boy explained, letting out a soft laugh to show he was only teasing her lightly.

The idea of better ways was not something Dimitri acknowledged. Partly through not entirely understanding what the witch meant in that moment, but mostly down to the fact he knew the witch was trying to steer the conversation into an area that Dimitri was not hugely comfortable with going in to.

“You dance?” Dimitri asked, slightly surprised. “Traditional dances? Or the new contemporary dances that I’m… not too familiar with?” He asked, genuinely curious. He hoped that it would be the former. The modern dancing styles were a little bit… too much for him, personally.

Nerisei didn’t respond to his question of her practicing. Something Dimitri noted in that moment, but didn’t press because Nerisei was offering her help with the homework set by the Headmistress. With a small smile, Dimitri shook his head. “I wouldn’t wish to burden you with my homework when you have your own to complete…” He replied, politely declining the more than generous offer that she’d given.

Nerisei had stopped, though, and Dimitri stopped a step or two later, looking back at the witch with mild curiosity on his features. “What’s wrong?” He asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:01 am

Dimitri’s reaction to her question made the witch laugh slightly. Seeing him act so… carefree and normal was… freeing. Usually Purebloods made sure to keep their stance and not make too many sudden movements. Or at least, that was what she had overheard some girls saying in the Common Room. Though an explanation followed right after and Nerisei nodded in understanding. Though, swimming? She hates swimming! She never learned how to swim, and even the thought of it made her nervous. And now her crush was a fan of it. Just great.

“Unless you want to freeze to death, then yes, you can. Plus, I stay as far away from swimming as I can...”

What she didn’t expect was Dimitri asking her whether she was dancing. Heat traveled to her cheeks once again, and Nerisei cursed herself for that. Why didn’t she keep her mouth shut? Well, she usually did, but when Dimitri was around, of course she had to make a fool of herself and not stop talking.

“Traditional dances? Or the new contemporary dances that I’m… not too familiar with?”

Nerisei couldn’t keep her giggles from escaping at the thought of Dimitri dancing anything modern. From breakdance to Latin. Even though, she wasn’t really sure what types they were dancing in those stupid Balls. Except waltzes of course. That one was a must.
“Well, I do know how to waltz, if you’re asking me that. Not the best, since I haven’t danced in a while. But really, what do you dance except Waltzes?”

Dimitri kindly refused the help she had offered with his homework, and the reason almost made Nerisei smirk a little. She knew it was more about pride than anything else really, but it was kind of him to think he was burdening her. “Actually, I have finished all of mine already. I made a bad habit this year, and I finish my homework the moment we get it. So, actually, you will be doing me a favor of keeping me company, if you allowed me to help.” Nerisei knew that she was pushing him a bit too much, but she was only trying to fill in her evening with something better than… sitting in a corner alone.

“What’s wrong?”

Nerisei stared at him for a few moments, taking in his handsome features once again. The way his hair was messily brushed back, down to his dark brown eyes that stared back at her. And then she allowed herself to look at his lips for the slightest of seconds, before looking back up to his eyes. A small smile touched her lips and she shook her head, breaking their eye contact. Her face was burning. “Nothing. Just that you will catch a cold. Snow is quite heavy.”
Carefully, she unwrapped her scarf from her neck and handed it to him. Knowing that he would deny it, she made sure to explain. “Just for now.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:02 am

“Yeah, freezing to death isn’t on my list of priorities right now.” Dimitri replied with a warm smile. Hearing Nerisei laugh was melodic, soft, angelic. He liked the sound, and hoped that he could get her to laugh often whilst in his company. Though, as the witch explained that she didn’t like to to go near swimming, the lightest of frowns touched the boy’s features.

“You don’t like to swim?” He asked, wondering why that might be. “Or, you… can’t?” Dimitri added as an afterthought, wondering if the witch was one of those unfortunate souls who hadn’t been taught when they were younger. In his mind, that was neglectful parenting. If your child couldn’t swim, and found themselves in danger in water, something that could have been prevented…

Pushing the thought away, Dimitri focused back on the conversation at hand.

“What do we dance except the waltz?” Dimitri echoed, letting out a soft laugh as he shook his head at her question, his hair falling across his face once more. The Ravenclaw pushed it back away, though, still trying to comprehend the question that had been posed to him in that moment. “Any traditional ballroom dance, really. There are so many, I wouldn’t know where to begin, truthfully. The waltz is the most common, its one of the easier options, too. The Viennese Waltz is more to my family’s tastes. Our origins are in France.

“But, you can always put my dancing to the test, if you’d like. The tango… well, that one is great fun, but the serious facial expressions are always my downfall.” The boy explained, pretending to be vastly serious for a moment before laughing softly because he knew he looked ridiculous whilst doing so.

Nerisei’s admittance that she’d finished all of her homework brought a fond -- but slightly shocked -- look to Dimitri’s features, before he shook his head slightly. “You’re one of a kind, Nerisei…” He said, meaning it in a good manner. “But, if you won’t find it too much hassle, or if that’s what you’d like, some help would be great.” Dimitri replied, making it quite clear that he wasn’t insisting her time on anything.

When the witch looked up to him, her cheeks a light crimson, Dimitri couldn’t help the small, self-conscious smile that touched his lips. As she started to worry about him catching a cold, the boy shook his head -- his body was more than warm from his run -- but Nerisei insisted. “If I put this on now, you’re going to end up with a sweaty scarf…” Dimitri tried to explain. The thought in itself was not a pleasant one in his mind as he held on to her scarf, trying to get her to understand that he was okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blown Away [Dimitri]    Blown Away [Dimitri]  Empty

Back to top Go down

Blown Away [Dimitri]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next