Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] Emptyby Chester Millstone Today at 8:55 am

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] Empty
PostSubject: The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri]   The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:15 am

Days were passing faster than Nerisei had expected. Their O.W.L.s were only a week away, and the witch couldn’t believe it. At the beginning of the term, Nerisei didn’t even want to be here. Truthfully, after the loss of ehr two best friends, the witch wasn’t able to find a reason as to why she should be living her life. She didn’t want to die per se, but she couldn’t find that ray of happiness that her life once had. She grew distant and cold, burying herself and her sorrow in books and homework, hoping that if she kept herself busy enough, the pain would go away. And it did, for some time.

But it didn’t last that long.

Her darkness, the mood swings, the feeling of emptiness…. They all came back at once, and Nerisei didn’t know how to handle them. Truth be told, she considered herself a long cause, and hadn't really tried to change it. Until that day, when she had decided to go for a walk, during the Christmas Holidays. The witch had decided not to go home for the Holidays, because she knew that her family would be so sad to see her like that. Miserable and hurt. So, instead, she opted for the second choice she had, which was to stay at the Castle. And for once in her life, that might have been the smartest thing she had done.

Neri had the chance to stumble upon Dimitri that day. The Ravenclaw boy she had been crushing on last year, after she had had the fortune of playing alongside him in the Music Room. Of course, the witch didn’t hold her hopes up, because she knew that Dimitri Moreau, a Pureblood heir, would never actually like her. A Muggleborn. There was no future for the two, and after that day, they hadn’t spoken to each other again, until this year.
The moment Nerisei laid eyes on him, all the feelings she had suppressed came back, almost in an instant.

But this was not the worst part.

The worst part was that the Ravenclaw witch had spent so much time being closed off, that she had no idea how to handle her feelings. So instead of embracing and dealing with them, she tried to deny them, keep them hidden, which made the girl stressed beyond her limits. That was how she ended up drunk, expressing her feelings to Dimitri, and messing up the only chance to have a friend. Because Dimitri was considering her a friend, by that point.

Thankfully, they had talked it out, and the months passed quietly, with them studying and spending more and more time together. Whether that was dancing, hanging out, or even helping each other with homework. Neri had made a bad habit since the beginning of the term, and always finished her homework as soon as  the Professors assigned them. It was a defense mechanism, a way to keep her mind busy, but it ended up not working, since the witch had literally nothing to do afterwards.

Life was good, though. Nerisei’s feelings for the wizard were growing, but she didn’t pay much thought to it. Dimitri had made it clear that he couldn’t see her that way, and Nerisei had finally accepted the fact that all they could be was friends.
Until the bloody Ravenclaws decided to throw a party.
And then, all hell got loose.

Dimitri and Nerisei had ended up drunk, in the Music Room, playing truth or dare. The idea was of course hers, but it was simply the alcohol, freeing her from the rational part of herself. She had let go, and so had Dimitri, after he had drunk a little too much alcohol. And the night ended with them, finally kissing. Nerisei hadn’t expected to ever be kissing Dimitri, especially in a truth or dare game, but there she was, and the best part? Dimitri was kissing her back. After that day, Nerisei couldn’t hide her feelings any longer. She had finally accepted that her feelings for Dimitri were deeply rooted, and she wouldn’t be able to hide that from now on.

It seemed like Dimitri was interested in her too, because the kisses kept happening. Dimitri had not avoided her, and the duo kept spending their time together. Nerisei had even made the wizard watch Muggle movies, and Dimitri, on his part, had kept his promise and helped her overcome her fear of swimming, as soon as the Lake was unfrozen and slightly warm.  

But the term was near its end, and Nerisei knew they would have to go separate ways for the Summer. The problem was, though, that she didn’t want it to end. It was too soon. The witch wanted to stay here, spend more time with Dimitri, laugh, hug him, kiss him…
What was she supposed to do the whole of summer? Letters would take time to arrive and Nerisei knew well enough that they wouldn’t be enough.

And this was, mainly, why Nerisei had decided to get Dimitri a phone. The latest iPhone, to be exact, because she wanted him to have the same as hers. So after she left a note for him at his dorm, to meet her by the Black Lake --because the lighting was amazing for selfies, according to her-- Nerisei grabbed her and his phone, along with a basket full of little treats the elves had happily made for her, and made her way there to wait for him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri]   The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:15 am

The school year was quickly coming to an end, something that Dimitri was never fond of. The end of the year meant the Moreau heir had to go back to reality. Back to the life that he did not enjoy, and the life that no one at Hogwarts understood. Mostly, the latter came due to Dimitri's unwillingness to explain what his life entailed to anyone outside of the family. Though, he didn't speak to Ellie abut it, either. No, his younger sister did not need to know the horrors of the crimes their family committed...

With the impending departure from Hogwarts, Dimitri had worked on spending as much time with Nerisei as possible. The witch had her O.W.L.S. coming up, though, and Dimitri knew she needed to study. So instead of doing anything extravagant, or vaguely awe inspiring, Dimitri savoured the time they spent together studying. Nerisei for her O.W.L.S. and Dimitri for his sixth year end of term exams that held little to no weight, in reality.

It was, therefore, a nice surprise when Nerisei had asked him to meet her out by the lake instead of the common room, or the library. They could relax in the warming sun beside the lake. With their books, he imagined. The idea of being so close to the water but not swimming was one Dimitri would learn to live with, too, for he had the opportunity to spend just a little more time with the witch he had come to care for very deeply.

As he arrived at the lake -- which was quite busy given the weather, Dimitri spotted Nerisei with a basket sat waiting for him. A smile touched the boy's lips as he moved to her side, sitting down beside her before leaning over to place a soft kiss upon her cheek. "Morning, Neri," the wizard greeted softly, making himself comfortable and depositing his bag beside him. He had a few of his books, seeing as Nerisei hadn't explained what they were going to be doing today, but he wasn't overly keen on wasting the day studying.

"How're you today?" He asked softly, reaching in to his bag for his sunglasses. Pulling them in to place, Dimitri looked across the lake, taking in everyone around them and what they were doing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri]   The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:16 am

It didn't take much time for the fellow Ravenclaw to arrive, and Nerisei didn't even bother hiding the big smile that touched her features after a kiss was placed on her cheek. The kisses were back, sort of, yet the duo hadn't really talked about the relationship they had. All Nerisei could make out of this was that they were definitely more than friends, yet nothing more was defined. The witch knew she had to give Dimitri time, and truthfully, she too needed the time to think. But that didn't mean she didn't want him to kiss her, whenever he felt like it. Which was, the least to say, confusing.

"Good morning, Mitri." Neri greeted him once he sat down beside her. She waited for Dimitri to get comfortable, taking some time to admire him, like she always did. The older Ravenclaw always looked impeccably handsome, and Nerisei found it hard, most of the time, not to stare. Thankfully, he spoke up before the witch had time to get too lost in her thoughts.

"How're you today?"

"I'm lovely. How about you?" Neri asked, raising an eyebrow as Dimitri put on a pair of sunglasses. To say she was surprised, it would be an understatement, but the witch couldn't deny the fact that Dimitri with sunglasses was a nice sight.
"You, certainly, look good."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri]   The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:16 am

Dimitri smiled to himself as Nerisei said she was lovely, he could have told her that much, but he took this to be a good sign. She was well, and that was all he would ask for. "Much better now I'm with you." Dimitri confessed softly, noticing her looking at him since he'd pulled his sunglasses on. His eyebrow quirked up above the frames of the glasses, wondering what was so catching about protecting one's eyes from the sun.

The compliment made Dimitri laugh softly. "Thank you," he replied after a moment, shaking his head slightly at the witch.

"So, what have you pulled me out here for?" Dimitri asked, looking across the lake and the soft ripples that emerged as the Giant Squid came too close to the surface every now and again. "Please tell me we get some time off from studying, I don't want to study any more." Dimitri told her, looking sideways with the most playful of pouts being sent in her direction before a grin touched his lips.

It was no secret that Dimitri didn't favour studying, but he knew, of course, that Nerisei had an important month coming up, and Dimitri would not tarnish that for the witch in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

"Much better now I'm with you."

Nerisei couldn't describe how many butterflies she could count in her stomach at that point. It wasn't just the fact that he was making her feel like the most special girl in the world. It was because he wasn't even trying to do that, and that made it ten times more adorable that it was. Nerisei's cheeks had vividly reddened, causing her to hide them behind the thick curtains she called hair.
He compliment was answered with a thank you, one that Nerisei waved off, and then silence.... until Dimitri spoke up again, inquiring to know the reason behind their meeting that day.

"Please tell me we get some time off from studying, I don't want to study any more."

Neri had actually thought of teasing him, in the beginning, by telling him that she had actually brought him out here to study some Potions. The Ravenclaw witch knew well enough that Dimitri was not a fan of studying and to add to his misery, he wasn't fond of potions at all. Unlike her, who was ecstatic about the subject. But as Dimitri turned to look at her, giving her a playful pout before his face lit up with a grin, Nerisei's heart skipped a bit. Dimitri was going to be the death of her..,

Biting her lip, Nerisei turned her body towards his, pushing him down on the grass, when he least expected it, and taking his sunglasses from him. With a triumphant smile, Nerisei put the pair of sunglasses on --even though they were too big for her small head--, and stuck her tongue out at him, teasingly.
"Maybe I brought you out here to gather ingredients for the Potions I am going to have you make, in hopes that you won't fail the exams!" The witch answered playfully, taking her time to lie on her back, arms behind her head, as she stared at the sky, thanks to the stolen pair of sunglasses.

"You are lucky I am not in the mood for studying, Mister Moreau."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri]   The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:17 am

As Neri pushed him back in to the grass, laying down, Dimitri simply raised his eyebrow at the witch, trying to understand what she wanted, before settling on not trying to second guess Nerisei. Instead, he relaxed, which was his own downfall. Nerisei had stolen his sunglasses in one fell swoop and the wizard had to squint against the sun as he tried to get himself sorted. "Hey!" He responded in that moment, reaching across to playfully poke her for stealing his glasses.

"That's not fair!" He whined, but as his eyes focused on the witch lying next to him, looking most at ease with her hands behind her head and his (much too big) sunglasses shielding her eyes, Dimitri couldn't help but be rather fond of Nerisei.

"I'm not going to fail the exams!" Dimitri insisted, rolling on to his side to be able to see the witch beside him better. "They're only mock exams, after all, what can go wrong?" He mused, though he definitely didn't wish for the witch to answer that, because he definitely didn't need to know.

"So, if you're not in the mood for studying, what did you plan on doing?" Dimitri asked, still not following the witch's logic, but knowing that there had to be something. Rarely did they just sit together with nothing to do. In fact... Dimitri honestly didn't know if they had spent time together doing nothing. Perhaps this was going to be a first..? Dimitri couldn't be sure, so he simply waited for the witch to explain to him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri]   The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:17 am

Giggles erupted from Neri's throat as Dimitri started whining about how unfair she had been to steal his sunglasses from him. The poke that followed made her giggles even harder, seeing as the witch happened to be quite ticklish. Thankfully, no more tickling followed and the witch had the chance to calm down as she relaxed back, staring at the blue sky. Summer was right around the corner, and the school year was about to end, something that would have made Nerisei happy, some time ago. But now, she didn't want this to end. She didn't want to give up on meeting Dimitri whenever they had a free period, or how their dancing.... or the kisses they shared.

But she would have to.

And she was so not prepared for it.

Dimitri had now turned his body sideways, causing Nerisei to do the same. Once she had gotten comfortable, looking back at the wizard, Neri closed her eyes --that were covered by the sunglasses-- and listened as Dimitri spoke about how he wouldn't fail his exams, and that there was nothing that could possibly go wrong. Nerisei felt the urge to remind him that everything could possibly go wrong, but not wanting to destroy the mood, she decided against it, and instead stayed silent. Hopefully, nothing would go wrong.

"So, if you're not in the mood for studying, what did you plan on doing?"

Neri let out a small groan as she pushed herself up, grabbing her back and taking out the two mobile phones she was carrying. Turning back to the wizard, Nerisei handed him his brand new iPhone with a big smile, before explaining. "I am sure you have seen me using one of those. And as if to make a point, the witch showed him her own device. "They are mobile phones, and everyone has one nowadays. I got you one --the same as mine--, and set it up for you. Now, all we have to do is teach you how to use it."

Nerisei bit her lip as she took off the sunglasses in order to be able to use the phone better. "School will be over and I... I didn't want to cut all contact with you, Dimitri. Not again. Letters would take forever, and, to be honest, they are not enough. With these," Neri explained, pointing at their matching devices, "We will be able to text fast, call each other, and have access to many, many other things that I am sure you will enjoy very much."

Dimitri would probably have a million questions, but Nerisei would do her best to help him with everything. And once Dimitri figured out how everything worked, Nerisei was sure he would be thanking her for introducing him to technology.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The giggles that escaped Nerisei brought a smile to Dimitri's lips. For a moment he thought of tickling her more, but he decided against that, knowing that they were in public, and it was probably inappropriate to push that further, the young man simply waited for Nerisei to regain her composure to explain the situation.

The witch rolled on to her side, though, stalling the progress for a moment as Dimitri looked back at her fondly, the smile on his lips always growing when he spent time with the witch before him.

If only she had been born a Pureblood, this would have been so much easier...

Dimitri, though, pushed that thought away as Nerisei presented him with one of the Muggle devices many of his friends owned. The Moreaus did not partake in such technology because technology had been brought to their world by the Clements. There was still some hostility held by the Moreaus for the Clements, and phones, and other technology, had been a no no withing the household. Nerisei, though, would not know or probably understand such things, and Dimitri didn't wish to upset her.

So, he took the small device in his hand, looking at the blank screen curiously as Nerisei spoke of what they could do. Texting, calling, other things. The terms were rather alien to Dimitri, but he was open to learning. He was, after all, a Ravenclaw, and his curiosity would win out when it came to methods under which they could stay in contact more freely that using letters.

Looking up from the telephone, Dimitri cocked an eyebrow at the witch. "So, how do we use it?" He asked, showing he was accepting of the idea, and the sentiment behind the gift that he'd just been presented with. "Though, I will point out that my parents won't allow me to have this with me. So, whilst it might be quicker than an owl, or... whatever, I'm not going to be able to have it constantly. Maybe only in the evening when I'm in my room..."

He knew that might not be enough for Nerisei, but Dimitri hoped she would understand. Though... how could she, she'd never seen how his own family worked...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Once Nerisei was done talking, she gave Dimitri some time to understand everything she had said so far, curious to see his reaction. The hadn't talked a lot about Muggle things, but Nerisei was slowly easing him into the different lifestyle. Not in an attempt to change him, no, Nerisei would never do such a thing. But she was trying to make him see things differently, and even use Muggle things, that could potentially be of use to him. Like the mobile phone.
His question of how he was supposed to use it was expected, and Nerisei was about to answer it, but Dimitri spoke up once again.

"Though, I will point out that my parents won't allow me to have this with me. So, whilst it might be quicker than an owl, or... whatever, I'm not going to be able to have it constantly. Maybe only in the evening when I'm in my room..."

A small frown touched the girl's lips, but it was gone as fast as it had came, replaced by a small smile, in an attempt to show Dimitri that she understood, and that it was fine. Truly, she had no idea how his parents were, and she still hadn't met his sister, so the witch had literally no way of knowing what was happening inside Dimitri's home. With that said, if Dimitri believed that the only time he could be using his phone was when he was alone, Nerisei was not going to go against that.

"It's fine, Mitri. You can use it whenever you are able to, but, for now, let's teach you how to properly use it."

Nerisei moved a little closer to Dimitri, putting their phones side by side, in order to show him everything whilst she was explaining. "As you can see, we have the ability to lock our phones, in order to protect them from anyone who would like to snoop. I use my fingertip, as a way to unlock it," Nerisei explained as she touched the home button with her thumb, successfully unlocking her phone. Then, she clicked the home button on Dimitri's phone, unlocking it without the need of any form of password. "I haven't set up any security on yours yet, but we can do it now, if you'd like. The fingerprint is the easiest and safest form of security. Else, you can use a passcode."

Once they were done with that, Nerisei would move on explaining the more complicated things.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri]   The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:18 am

The frown that touched Nerisei's features when Dimitri pointed out that he couldn't have this device at all times brought a small, fond smile to Dimitri's lips. She didn't understand, and for now, that was absolutely fine. Dimitri was not yet ready to share with the witch before him much about his home life. It wasn't a bad environment, oh no, Dimitri was happy at home. But the things that went on in the Moreau home were a completely different kettle of fish than what Nerisei was used to, of that much Dimitri was sure.

"I'm just forewarning you so you don't think I'm ignoring you, or something." Dimitri added unnecessarily in that moment, because he wanted it to be clear what he was trying to say to the witch.

As she moved closer, putting the phones down next to one another, Dimitri watched what she did carefully. The differences in the way the phones were unlocked was interesting, but Dimitri could see the merits in using the fingerprint method as Nerisei showed him that much and then prompted him with the idea of a pass code.

"Well, no security would be... silly, I guess. Not that I plan to do anything more than 'text' or call you..." Dimitri spoke aloud, his brow furrowed slightly in concentration. "And a pass code could be guessed... I assume a fingerprint can't be copied... so... we'll go for that method?" Dimitri proposed, looking to Nerisei for her approval on the option he'd picked because he was in very unfamiliar territory in that moment, and he did not want to say something stupid whilst they were getting to grips with this.

They moved through that, though, with Dimitri supplying his finger print to the phone and then he looked to Nerisei, wondering what was next. "So, can we text now?" Dimitri asked, though he was familiar with other people doing it, he had never done it himself, so he wasn't one hundred percent sure how to do this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri]   The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Muggle Way V.2 [Dimitri]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next