Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Taking on the world Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Taking on the world Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Taking on the world Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Taking on the world Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Taking on the world Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Taking on the world

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

Birthday : 2012-08-06

Taking on the world Empty
PostSubject: Taking on the world   Taking on the world EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 8:06 pm

Dominique walked into her room and she knew what she had to do. Since her mother lost her memory and well her dad was in prison. She was going to have to step in for Fox. She was scared because she had no idea what she was doing. But she knew that her grandpa would throw her in the deep end. Sure there was going to be someone that would help her. Right now she was going to have to find the perfect outfit. Walking over to her closet she looked inside. “ What should I wear that says I know what I am doing.”

She couldn’t help but laugh as it was becoming real. She knew she would take over the family business her whole life. But she didn’t think that it was going to be anytime soon. With her dad in prison, mom with no memory, and grandpa retired it was time. She then grabbed a floral jumpsuit. “ I think this will work just fine.” Dominique was proud of herself. She just hoped that people wouldn’t freak out because of her age. She was only 16 and here she was running Fox. But she hoped it was temporary as she didn’t want to be known as a Hogwarts dropout.

She then walked out to her vanity and was just looking at herself. It was time that she gave herself a pep talk. “ Dia you are amazing and you will crush this.” Even though she made it seem like she was confident she was freaking out. She was hoping that Mim was with her. She knew she would help her. Two Hogwarts students running a million-dollar company. Stranger things have happened before. Dominique then opened a drawer and pulled out her makeup.
She then started to apply it and before she knew it she was done. “ Dom you look like you can do anything.”

Looking at herself she had no idea how she was going to do your hair. Her mother would tell her that how she looked was important. And she knew that she was right. So she decided to plug her flat iron in. As she was waiting for it to heat up she was looking around her room. She noticed that the doll that Jackson got her was on the shelf. Maybe if she showed it to her mom it would help her remember. She then looked at the picture of her vanity of her and her dad. Dominique smiled as she was looking at it “ I wish that you were here to help me, Dad.” Dom didn’t know how much longer he was going to be in prison. She was always meaning to visit him but there was always something coming up. There was a letter which she was ready to send off. She always made a point to write him.

Looking down she knew that her flat iron was ready. She then grabbed her heat protector and sprayed her hair. Her look was coming together as she looked professional. Dominique then went back over to her closet and grabbed a pair of black heels. She couldn’t help herself as she looked in the mirror. “ Dominique you look like you can take on the world.” She couldn’t help but laugh at herself as she knew that this was going to work. But how was she going to get there was the question? As she didn’t have her license she wasn’t going to ask her mom. Walking was out of the question. After leaving her room she then started to walk downstair. She knew that Randi would be with her mom. So Dominique smiled as she walked outside. That is when she noticed a black SUV parked in the driveway. “ Of course, I forgot about Grandpa I knew he would send a driver.”

That is when Dominique climbed into the backseat. “ Thank you for everything.” She wasn’t sure what to say. And she knew that they knew where to take her. Looking out the window she was watching and trying not to be nervous. Before she knew it they were at Fox. Dominique smiled as she got out of the SUV. “ Thank you for everything.” She knew that she was going to have to make sure that they would get a raise. Taking her driving test was something that was on top of her list. She then took a breath as she walked into the building. Looking around it was like nothing had changed. This was still the place that she had grown up in. Everywhere she looked was a memory. Now she was ready to start making new ones.

She had no idea what her Grandpa had planned. So she just was waiting in the lobby. Because she didn't know what her mom did. Maybe he was going to have her do something new. She then whispered to herself “ You got this with whatever thrown at you.” She knew that she would have to tell her Uncle Jackson about her first day of work. That was something she didn’t think she was ever going to say. At least she was finally going to earn her money. That meant she would be getting a paycheck. As she was thinking about what she could spend it on. She snapped back to reality as she was putting the cart in front of the horse. “ Dominique get a hold of yourself.”

All of what she was scared of was coming out. What if she made a fool out of herself? What if nobody takes her seriously and she becomes a laughing stock? The nerves were getting the better of her. Dominique knew that you could tell that she looked green. As you could tell she had no idea what she was doing. She knew that some would talk about how she got this job. Maybe they would start easy, like filing. That was something that she knew that she could do. Since she was at work she knew that she needed to focus. She knew that once she got off she would help her mom. There was a part that was hoping that Victoria and Uncle Jackson would show up. As she knew that was the key to getting it back.

Looking around she just waited till someone found her. “ I have no idea what to go or what to do.”

Taking on the world PAGF2e
Back to top Go down

Taking on the world
Page 1 of 1