Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Late Evening Musings (Open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Late Evening Musings (Open) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Late Evening Musings (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Late Evening Musings (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Late Evening Musings (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Late Evening Musings (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Late Evening Musings (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Late Evening Musings (Open)   Late Evening Musings (Open) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:21 pm

Corey stifled a sigh as he led himself up the astronomy tower. He was bored and restless. His mind was aching to do something, anything - except study, of course. The day he got so bored he studied would be the day Voldemort came back to life for a second time. And that, he knew, was virtually impossible.

His brother was off on a date with some Hufflepuff girl from his year - the name he had not cared for. Colton was notorious for not being able to keep a lady friend (or so Colette and him called them) for more than a month at most. The two had taken bets earlier that day as to how long this relationship would last, but then Colette had a study date with a group of her friends, and he'd be darned if he joined them. "A bunch of ickle first years," he had teased, letting her run off after punching him in the arm.

But then, Corey was left alone and the boredom was eating away at him. Deciding to take a walk, he settled on watching the sun set from one of the towers in the castle. The astronomy tower had become his favourite place to relax and just chill over the years, and so, without fully realizing it, he started in that direction.

It was only once he had neared that he found where his subconscious was leading him and smile, taking the steps two at a time as he normally did, despite not being in a rush. Once at the top, Corey looked around at the grounds far below him and smiled softly to himself.

This was one of the few places he truly felt like himself - although what or who that really was, he wasn't sure. It was just a place where he did not have to worry about such things.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Evening Musings (Open)   Late Evening Musings (Open) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Nilla could hardly be called a wistful girl, far too interested in being honest and realistic to imagine much in the way of fantasy, but there was something about the vast openness of a clear, night sky that turned her thoughts a bit...dreamy. She didn't venture up to the Astronomy tower often due to the possible strain climbing so many stairs could put on her leg, but she needed a bit of an escape and the tallest tower in the castle was the perfect place to achieve just that.

Once up there, she climbed onto the ledge to sit and leaned against the wall. Her good leg was hanging down the side of the tower while her left leg was bent with her foot on the ledge, a favored position. With a sigh, she settled herself and looked about the vast expanse of the Hogwarts grounds covered in snow. Students milled about outside, looking so small from her vantage point, and Nilla briefly entertained the idea of coming up with water-bombs another time to drop onto unsuspecting students. But no, best wait until it wasn't below freezing out to do that.

Her peace was shattered when she realized that someone else was on the tower with her. She nearly fell off the ledge when she jumped in shock. "Jesus," she breathed. "I didn't realize someone was already up here," she stated apologetically. Then, in a rare fit of empathy, "Do you want me to leave?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Evening Musings (Open)   Late Evening Musings (Open) EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 10:05 am

When he saw the other Gryffindor there - a younger year he had seen around his common room but never really in classes - Corey raised an eyebrow at her shock. Was it truly that scary for someone else to be on the tower? It wasn't as if he was a stranger or outsider or anything like that; he was a Prefect, and a Gryffindor, so she would have seen him around and at the very least heard of him.

Still, he couldn't help but shrug at her exclamation. "Actually," he started, moving to the ledge perpendicular to her; he did not want to share space with some first year. "It's Corey. Never heard of this other guy before." It was true; both parents were not religious in any way and both he and his siblings were raised with only certain aspects of Muggle things - electronics, books, music, and the like. However, Corey knew that it was merely something someone said - much like 'Merlin's beard' - and his sarcastic tone showed this.

"You can do what you please," Corey replied, letting his gaze fall onto the grounds below, taking in the sights, the sounds, and the atmosphere. It was quiet, with the exception of his voice and that of the witch, and he liked it that way. But he wasn't about to send someone from a common area just because of this. "I'm staying; if you go or not is not my problem."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Late Evening Musings (Open)   Late Evening Musings (Open) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:38 pm

It was dark, but Nilla could make out enough of the other person's features to recognize him. One of the older years in her house, though she didn't interact with the older students much outside of classes, he was one face that had managed to stick. Probably because he was a prefect. She liked to make note of authority figures, mostly so she knew who she could trust with her secret if it became necessary to tell it.

When he moved away to a different ledge, she sighed and rolled her eyes. Stuck up bastard. She was eleven, not two and a half with sticky fingers. "Nilla," she replied. There was something about him that Nilla immediately didn't like. Oh, she could admire his attitude and use of sarcasm, but ultimately, his apparent dislike for whatever he thought she was didn't foster any sort of fond feelings.

"I'm sure I could do as I please, seeing as I'm perfectly capable of making decisions. However, I asked if you wanted me to leave," she stated harshly. "I was being courteous, something you could apparently learn from." Not his problem, eh? Well, Nilla could certainly make it his problem, if she wanted. Best not, though. Being rude to him would only incite him to be rude back, and Nilla had promised herself to at least try to make friends and not enemies.

"I think," she stated as she swung down from the ledge, "that I'll go...study, or something." The urge to whap him upside the head was strong, but she clenched her fists at her side. He obviously wanted to be alone, and Nilla wanted to avoid the inevitable confrontation that would result if she stayed. With one last sigh, she turned and made her way back down the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late Evening Musings (Open)   Late Evening Musings (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Late Evening Musings (Open)
Page 1 of 1