Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) Empty
PostSubject: When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )   When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Perseus had always been one for being a nerd, and that was because at his house his family had one huge library in which Perseus would always go to to read books or find some way of getting himself into mischief, since he really had nothing better to do. Well besides him trying to play Quidditch, which he would hope he would be good at.

Then soon the fifteen year old took a seat at his desk, and began studying for his exams. Or just to study since today he was going to put his brain to the test, and not worry about anyone telling him otherwise.

Perseus soon looked around his common room, and he let out a simple smirk, and he looked at his book, and wondered how any of the people he was reading about manage to learn all of these things, and soon he looked around, and then he saw someone come. Then soon decided to say.

" Have you read any of these good books? " asked Perseus.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )   When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Sebastian was not a stereotypical Ravenclaw. He cared enough about his grades to revise, but not to the extent some of his house mates did. He liked to read, but he also liked t explore. After all, knowledge can't only be gained from books.

Today was such a day that Sebastian had decided to work on his practical learning skills. After a quick mess around with a shrinking charm on some pine cones out by the forest, Sebastian had tried it on a pumpkin of the grounds keepers, which had exploded and made a hell of a mess. Running all the way to the tower, Sebastian had sat outside for a good five minutes to catch his breath.

It took Sebastian a couple of attempts to get the right password to get back in to the common room, and he was just making his way across the common room floor when someone asked him a question. Looking to the person who had asked, the Italian boy looked around to check it was him being spoken to before looking awkwardly to the boy.

"Umm... which books?" Sebastian asked, because the question had been a little vague. "I've read some, but not all of them..." He added, motioning to the books stashed around the common room. Too many books to read, too little time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )   When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Perseus looked at the boy, and he said. " Well the books are about the Royalty of England, Also some of the story about Merlin and King Arthur, also about our founder Rowena Ravenclaw. " smiled Perseus, as he looked at the older boy.

" How about this book called The King of Hearts by Gladys Wolfe " said Perseus as he looked the older boy, and he said. " My name is Perseus Hawke but just call me Percy. " said Perseus as he extended his hand in pleasure.

Since he had not many friends, but when he did have friends he was the best friend someone could have. Then soon he looked, and he said. " Also maybe this book called The Baron of Merlin by Maximus Wendell. " said Perseus.

Perseus stopped and he said. " I am sorry if I am acting like a total nerd, its just I love reading. I find it helps make me more intelligent, and I am also sorry for talking you ear off to. " said Perseus.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )   When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:51 pm

The names of the books took a moment for Sebastian to translate back in to his native tongue. Whilst his English was quite good (considering it was his second language) sometimes he had to take a moment. But after he'd translated, Sebastian shook his head a little. "I don't know much about those." The Ravenclaw admitted. Medieval stuff, and history was not among Sebastian's choice of literature, truth be told.

The offer of the hand made Sebastian reach out to the other boy, accepting it and shaking it firmly like he was sure his dad would have taught him to. "I'm Sebastian." He replied with a small smile. "Though, sometimes people call me Seb." He added, giving a small shrug because he wasn't too bothered about which people used.

As another book was suggested, Sebastian again shook his head to show he didn't know the book. "Sorry." The boy replied a little sheepishly. The apology however made Sebastian smile just a little bit. "We're all nerds in our own manner." The Italian insisted, motioning to the common room as a whole. "But you're not talking my ear off, just a little excited, which is fine." Sebastian finished with a smile.

"You like medieval stuff?" Sebastian asked, summing up all the books that had been named thus far.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )   When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Perseus listened to the kid as he told him that he did not know much about the books, and he said. " They are really good books, and they give you an amazing insight into the medieval life, and that. " he said with a grin. Then soon he remembered learning about how families owned manor, and that the men ran the manor, and when the men was not their the wives took over the manor.

Then soon Perseus looked up, and he forgot that he was talking to the boy, and he listened as the kid introduced himself as Sebastian, and that he could cal him Seb. Perseus smiled, and he said.

" My older brother is named Sebastian, and he is a year older than me. I also have another brother who is going to Hogwarts next year. " said Perseus with a grin. Then soon he looked, and he said. " It's nice to meet you Sebastian anyway. " he said with a grin.

Perseus then listened as Sebastian told him that, they were all nerds in their own manner. Perseus let out a smile, and he said. " That's true, I am pretty anti-social myself. " he said with a grin on his face.

Then soon Perseus heard him tell he was not talking his ear off, and he gave out a sigh of relief. Then soon he looked, and he heard him ask if he liked medieval stuff, and he grinned, and he said. " Yeah I find it's a way I find out about my family, I mostly read French Revolution since that was how my family members came here , and given money by the king. " said Perseus with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )   When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:36 pm

Sebastian merely nodded at the information that the books were on medieval times, it was, to him at least, somewhat obvious. Kings and Queens were usually history related, though of course it might have been the present monarchs. But then, Merlin was ancient, so his assumption had been valid.

The information of having the same name as someone else here was something of a surprise. Sebastian didn't know of the other person with the same name, but that was most likely because he was still new to this school so he most certainly hadn't met everyone. Only really the Head Girl who was both beautiful and amazing, and Aiden, his Slytherin friend. "I haven't met him yet, but I'll look out for him." Sebastian told the other boy, though he doubted he would find the other person in such a big school. "It's nice to meet you too." Sebastian replied with a nervous smile.

New people were fun, but it always took Sebastian a moment to settle. Especially when they were so vibrantly energetic like Percy here.

The comment on nerds being anti-social made Sebastian frown a little. That wasn't exactly an okay stereotype, many of the Ravenclaws flourished, didn't mean they couldn't be nerds. "Not all of us are anti-social... And, well, you're being social." Sebastian pointed out in his usual casual manner. He didn't like confrontation, but he wanted to put this person right, because his assumption was wrong.

The final sentence, however, made Sebastian's eyes go wide. The Royals? After a moment, a chuckle escaped Sebastian's lips. "Sure..." The boy replied, shaking his head. "The King of Italy gave me money too." He replied, because that... well, that just sounded absurd to him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )   When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Perseus looked at Sebastian said it was nice to meet him, and he said " Do you like Hogwarts? " he asked, because Perseus knew he loved it from day one, and wanted be successful here so he can work in the ministry. Which his parents said that to work there you have brilliant OWLS and NEWTS. Since they would know, because they worked their, from ever since they could work there.

Then soon he listened as Sebastian said he will look out for him, and he smiled and said. " My brother is pretty nice. " said Perseus with a smile. Which was true, since his brother was probably one of the nicest people he knew. Then their was his flaws he had, which Perseus grew used to.

Perseus soon listened as Sebastian, said that not all nerds were anti-social, and he looked, and said. " I was not saying they were, because I know not all are anti-social, and that some are, and I am one of those anti-social ones. " he said kindly to Sebastian, and soon he heard him saying he was being sociable, and he said. " Yeah, but I am kind of anti-social a lot. Although I do talk to people though. " he said with a smile.

Then soon Perseus listened as Sebastian told him, the king of Italy gave his family money, and he said. " Cool! When did he give it them? " he asked.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )   When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:35 pm

Being asked about Hogwarts, Sebastian had to pause for a while. Did he like this school? Honestly he wasn't sure. "I don't know." Sebastian replied honestly. "It's not like the one in Italy that I went to before... And I don't exactly have as many friends here. But, it's okay... The castle is cool." He explained sheepishly, hoping this boy wouldn't be made at him for being honest because honestly he didn't want to lie about what he did or did not like.

Sebastian was finding it a little hard to follow Perseus' theory on being anti-social, if anything he was a social butterfly. But instead of pointing this out, Sebastian gave a simple nod. Sometimes it was better to simply let people believe the things they'd gotten in their mind, for a peaceful life.

"Cool! When did he give it them?"

Blinking at the boy, Sebastian took a moment to work out what was up with this kid. "Dude, I was being sarcastic. The royals don't do that kind of thing! Well, not unless you're a charity." Sebastian explained, shaking his head. "Wait... are you being serious?" The Ravenclaw asked incredulously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )   When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN ) Empty

Back to top Go down

When Our Brains Are Put To The Test ( OPEN )
Page 1 of 1