Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Why Casey, Why? (Open) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Why Casey, Why? (Open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Why Casey, Why? (Open) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Why Casey, Why? (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Why Casey, Why? (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Why Casey, Why? (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Why Casey, Why? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Humphrey had grown somewhere between two and three inches, and although he loved Diagon Alley there was one shop he always dreaded going to. His father was at work, but his mother had made sure she'd have her schedule free to take him and his little sister to help him get his school things. The day had gone well for the most part, and he had almost everything he needed. However, as he looked up from the cobblestones he saw they were headed to Madam Malkin's. Immediately he tried to pull away but his mother Jane had a firm grip on one forearm and Casey was tugging on his other hand. "Can't you just tell them my sizes? Why do I have to go and get fitted? It's embarrassing, it makes me feel like a mannequin or a dress-up doll." he complained. His mother simply shook her head while Casey stuck her tongue out at him before tugging harder.

"Oh, stop whining you big baby. We have to get you clothes that fit properly. Besides, how are you ever going to find a girlfriend if you don't dress properly?" Casey asked him, a devious look in her eye. Most of the time she was sweet as could be, but when she got that glint in her eye he knew he was in trouble. Eventually, he let out a heavy sigh and let himself get dragged into the shop.

"Why Casey, why? I don't even liike girls like that yet." he reminded her, as the group entered. His mother waved down an attendant and when she came over to help he stood up as instructed and zipped his lips. Jane informed the worker that he would need two new pairs of plain black robes for school, and one pair of dress robes. While Humphrey stood there and got pinned up so the alterations could be made, his mother went and got him some new sweaters and dress shirts to go underneath them. His ties, of course, would still be good.

Casey simply laughed, and Humphrey couldn't help but smile a little at the sound. "Oh Humphy, when you finally do you'll thank me. Then I expect you to tell her all about me and that I'm the one she needs approval from." she told her older brother firmly.

Somehow, Humphrey had no doubt in believing the young girl would follow through with that and he nodded that he understood, not arguing further.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 1:43 am

Brooklyn sighed as she totally had to go last minute for her new uniforms, she hated how her mother made her wait until she apologized for throwing a tantrum on her when she got home from Hogwarts.

"Brooke smile please" her mother was so polite that it made her sick. She fake grinned which caused her mother to smile and walk ahead of her and her grin wiped off her face quickly. She walked into the shop with her mother and instantly saw her mother go over to someone who wasn't busy and the Slytherin looked around and saw someone else getting fitted. She wasn't going to say anything but her being her she couldn't control herself.

"It takes two people to help you get fitted?" Brooklyn smirked. The boy looked about a year younger then her but he definitely wasn't her age and definitely wasn't a Slytherin. She could smell a Slytherin a mile away and knew for a fact that he wasn't one. She saw her mother come over with an attendant and she knew her mom would start stuff with her now that she opened her mouth. Her mother never knew where she went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 3:10 am

When he heard a female voice he thought he'd heard before in classes Humphrey cringed and looked in the direction of it. He recognized her by sight as a Slytherin, but didn't know her name. Before replying he gestured to his sister and mother. "My dad abandoned me to the clutches of my dear sister Casey and my mum. For some reason I think they like pretending I'm their personal doll." he said, rolling his eyes. Casey was smiling innocently, and Humphrey eventually chuckled a little at the situation. "If they would let me come on my own I would be much happier, but such is the woes of a twelve year old." he said, giving the girl a smile.

It appeared she was here with her mother too, from the looks of it. "How rude of me, I didn't even introduce myself. Humphrey Williams and this is Casey, what's your name?" he asked curiously. He was positive he should probably already know it from classes in his first year, but he wasn't exactly the most sociable of his year by any means. Most found him rather weird, which to be honest didn't really bother him that much. Instead of complaining about it he enjoyed the free time to do whatever he wanted at school without his mother worrying or his little sister meddling.

After he introduced her Casey stepped forward to shake the girl's hand, eyes twinkling. "Pleasure to meet you. So, are you in Humphrey's year at school?" she asked the older girl, getting right to the point. She shot Humphrey a look to keep him from saying interrupting before smiling at her. "There's another space available here if you need fitting." she said, pointing to the one on the other side of Humphrey.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 3:24 pm

When this boy talked about how his father left him in the clutches of the ladies, she smirked at him. "Father's always abandon their children, that shouldn't come as a huge shock if you ask me" Brooklyn knew that was harsh but her father abandoning her still left scars and she will never fully be over it no matter what happened. When he asked for her name after he introduced himself and his sister, she was totally going to make one up but her mother was coming back and she didn't want to hear her mouth today. "Brooklyn Rae." Was how she replied. He didn't need to know more about her because they weren't friends, she had just met this boy.

The girl smiled at her and she had to stop herself from vomiting everywhere. "I'm in my third year as a Slytherin" she answered. Obviously this Humphrey kid wasn't in her year so that confirmed her being older then the kid. Her mother came back and smiled.

"Go ahead Brooke" Brooklyn rolled her eyes and stepped in the empty spot. "I'm guessing you're a second year if your sister asked that question?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 3:51 pm

The girl's harsh answer made Humphrey look at her curiously. What kind of hardships must she have already endured to think so coldly about things? His life had been a relatively happy one, aside from the loss of his grandfather on his mom's side he didn't have much sadness in it at all. "My father's a good one. Sorry about yours, though." he replied quietly, not wanting her to think he was pitying her because he wasn't. His grandfather may not have been his dad, but the two of them had still been close before his passing. Instead of pushing her to talk or telling her it would be okay, he chose to keep his mouth shut on the matter. If it had happened to him, he doubted he would want to discuss it with a stranger in a clothing store. "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Rae." he replied.

Looking at his little sister, he thought for a moment before an idea came to him. Humphrey plastered on the cheesy smile he used for pictures and got her attention. "Hey Casey, I think mum could use your opinion on some things she's thinking about getting for dad. Probably needs another girl's advice, ya know?" he asked, gesturing to their mum who was a short ways away looking at men's dress robes. She was, in fact, actually thinking about getting their dad some new ones. Probably could use the help, even if she wouldn't have asked for it. He tried to communicate with his eyes that he didn't want her to keep embarrassing him in front of a fellow student.

Casey hesitated for a moment, thinking about whether or not she should listen. When she saw the pleading look and some of the nervousness he got in social situations in his eyes she nodded, before giving him a cheery smile of her own. "Fine, Humpty Dumpty, but you owe meee!" she called back, as she was already walking away and giving the two of them a wave.

Humphrey let out a sigh of relief when she was gone, his cheeks bright pink with a blush because of what she'd just said. Casey knew she wasn't supposed to call him that in public, especially around students from Hogwarts. He would definitely find a way to give her what he owed her. "That's right, I think I've seen you in classes before. I apologize for my sister, she's one of those relentlessly cheery people who can drive you insane." he said, in explanation of her behavior.

To her credit though, his little sister did have a way of getting things to work out how she wanted. There was a fair amount of cunning hidden behind the cheery smiles, proven to him when the girl's mother came back and told her to take the one beside him. "Yes, second year in Hufflepuff. Some of the kids really grate on my nerves. I understand being optimistic and hardworking, but some of them are simply too trusting and nice for their own good." he said, shaking his head a little as he thought of them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 2:28 am

Pity, that was the one thing she hated that people gave her when they thought they knew who she was and what she has been through. Brooklyn had to hold back a glare at the boy and she really tried but it didn't go unnoticed by her mother who placed her hand on Brooke's shoulder to keep her calm. Brooke eventually calmed down and looked at the boy. "Please don't act like you know the hell that I have been through" Brooklyn wasn't harsh, but she wasn't pleasant either. "Wish I could say the same" she muttered and her mother nudged her lightly. Brooklyn rolled her eyes and put on a fake smile. "Like wise."

When she watched the kid named Humphrey tell his sister to help their mother and she gave him a nickname that caused her to bust out laughing. She knew this kid was probably embarrassed at what his sister just said, but it was hilarious to Brooke. "Humpty Dumpty?" Brooklyn said between laughter.

When the boy apologized for his sister, she shrugged. She didn't know what it was like to have siblings because she was an only child, but she knew this boy was embarrassed. "Don't have siblings so I will never know the embarrassment, but after what I just saw and heard. Glad I don't" Brooklyn smirked.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 3:45 am

His eyes flashed a little angrily at her words, before he regained control of himself. Humphrey hadn't even pretended he knew, because it was obvious even to him that he wouldn't understand. The girl's mother came and tried to calm her down, and Humphrey let out a sigh before thinking of what to say. "If it came across that way I apologize. I'm not stupid enough to think I know what it must be like for you. Was only trying to be a friend." he said, with a sad half-smile before looking away for a moment. The girl saying like wise made him look back and he nearly burst out laughing at the fake smile. "If you want to glare at me go ahead, I'd rather that than a polite response and fake grin." he told her honestly. Looking over at the girl's mom, he gave her a slight smile in thanks for the attempt before refocusing on the girl.

Humphrey's blushing cheeks turned from pink to red when the girl asked him Humpty Dumpty. The young Hufflepuff let out a groan before rubbing his temples and nodding. "Yes, my darling sister seems to think it's amusing to compare me to a children's tale about an egg. Well, at least it got you laughing." he relented slightly, chuckling as well. She may be impudent at times, but he had to admit she understood girls far better than he did.

Not surprisingly, the girl smirked at him after explaining she didn't have any siblings to torture her. He simply shrugged, thinking about how to answer that comment. "She's really quite sweet most of the time. Casey just somehow got it into her head the idea that I need to date and bring a girl home." he said, rolling his eyes. "I'm twelve, and she already wants me to be in a relationship. Girls are confusing." he added, giving the girl a curious look. So far, Humphrey hadn't really been able to figure her out. "Would you like to be friends, though?" he eventually asked, a little nervously.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 2:05 pm

She tried so hard not to laugh at the kid, she really did but she couldn't help but let out the laugh that escaped her. Her mother turned to her and she instantly stopped. She saw the look her mother was giving her and she knew her mother was dead serious.

"If you do not be polite right now Brooklyn Rae, you will not be getting those boots we saw. Do you understand me?" Her mother said to her. Brooklyn nodded and she knew that she wanted those boots but of course her mother would stop her from it. "I'm so sorry for her, she has a little bit of anger issues" her mother said to the boy.

"Mom!" Brooklyn glared at her mother but instantly stopped when she saw the glare her mother gave back. "Sorry" she said to the boy. When he said she could glare at him and not fake smile, she smirked because this kid obviously understood what she was really going to do. When he brought up the children's tale that her mother used to read to her, she busted out laughing some more. "So did you fall to or is that part not true in the name?" She grinned. She liked that this kid was embarrassed by his sister, but it also made her glad she didn't have any siblings to save her embarrassment.

When he brought up how his sister wanted him to bring a girl home, she was a little confused. "Aren't you like twelve? And she wants you to bring a girl home already?" This was highly confusing in a way but in another way made perfect sense. When he confirmed what she just said, she nodded and then looked a little offended. "Girls are not confusing... well unless you're me" she flipped her hair and had her brown eyes look at the boy. When he asked if she wanted to be friends with him, she looked at the boy over. She didn't really have friends outside of Slytherin so this was really different. "Sure kid, whatever" she agreed to it. She saw her mother smiling and she looked at her and her mother walked away to give her privacy. "Mothers" she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Humphrey really didn't know what was so funny, but seeing the girl who had been kind of cold just moments ago start laughing had him laughing along with her. Maybe she had been more lighthearted before the bad things with her father had happened. It seemed wrong that a father's mistakes would hurt somebody so deeply, and he wished he knew how to help. Although, maybe getting her to laugh was in itself a way he could help the other girl. The thought made him smile widely before her mother got serious.

Standing there stunned, Humphrey began to feel slightly guilty. He may have not intended this to happen, but he was well aware she wouldn't have gotten in trouble if not for him. It was as simple as what he'd told her, he'd only wanted to make a friend. Looking at her mother, he decided to be honest. "There's nothing to apologize for. To be frank, I find your daughter's company most pleasant." he replied seriously, and giving a small smile. A light blush crept into his cheeks and he looked down, feeling embarrassed about disagreeing with an adult because he rarely did.

Finally, the girl turned back to him, and he felt that they were even now in the embarrassment department. Humphrey had to stifle a boyish giggle at the apology, but nodded. "Don't worry about it. We're cool." he told her, grinning back when she began to smirk. When she asked if the fall part was true he winced, remembering when it had happened. "Sadly, it is. My sister and I love to climb trees, and we were racing to the top of a large oak. She's more petite than I am, so when we got to the taller, thinner limbs she began pulling away. Well, I began to be less cautious, and reached for one that broke off because it couldn't take my weight. Ended up bouncing off a couple other limbs on the way down, and was rather bruised. Ended up breaking my left arm and had some bone bruising in other places as well." he explained. It had been a lot of fun before that, but the fall was quite painful. "After that happened, we got a long lecture about safety, of course. Then she gave me the nickname Humpty Dumpty a few days later. I think Casey was trying to make light of a situation that scared her. She was worried about me. Like I said, she's a sweet girl, even if she drives me crazy." he said fondly, unable to help a smile appearing as he talked about her.

The way she said girl's aren't confusing unless they were her made him laugh, and he didn't even bother trying to hold it in. Either she had a rather high opinion of herself or didn't know the effect girls had on boys, perhaps both. "Oh, but they are. You probably understand them better because you're a girl too." Humphrey pointed out. True, it was stating the obvious, but he knew he had a fair point. Upon hearing her call him kid, Humphrey frowned slightly. "Not kid, please. You can call me whatever nickname you want, just don't make cracks about me being younger." he requested. He didn't want her treating him any differently because he was a year younger than she was. His frown turned into a slight smirk of his own when she muttered 'mothers' to herself. "Trust me, mothers have nothing on sisters." Humphrey commented with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) EmptySat May 07, 2016 10:31 pm

When she heard the boy tell her mother that she was pleasant to be around because of her company, her and her mother looked to him like he was crazy. Her mother nudged her and then walked away with a proud smile on her face. She rolled her brown eyes and looked at the boy named Humphrey. "You would be the first person to say that to me and actually mean it. I'm honestly shocked" Brooklyn said. No matter how harsh she was or how much she tried to push this kid away he kept coming back. Did he have a death wish?! She didn't know and right now she frankly didn't care.

When he explained how he actually fell and gained his nickname Humpty Dumpty, she couldn't but start laughing without control over it. She loved hearing this story and would gladly hear it again if needed to. She didn't understand what it was like to have a sibling, she was an only child and didn't know what it was like to grow up with siblings who were annoying. "Sounds like you have a difficult life with her but also a fun one" she said observing his relationship with his sister.

She smirked and finally stopped laughing at the story he had told. "Well I am complicated, I'm the worst of them all, as for the others that I do not know. But I can figure it out just from being in a room with them for a few minutes" Brooklyn explained to him. She sighed and nodded. "Fine... Humpty Dumpty" Brooke grinned, when he talked about how mothers weren't as bad as sisters, she shrugged. "Wouldn't know" she replied simply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Casey, Why? (Open)   Why Casey, Why? (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Casey, Why? (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next