Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Helping Hand (Wesley) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
A Helping Hand (Wesley) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
A Helping Hand (Wesley) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A Helping Hand (Wesley) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Helping Hand (Wesley) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Helping Hand (Wesley)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Helping Hand (Wesley) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Wesley)   A Helping Hand (Wesley) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 5:37 am

Grayson took the proffered seat, his face showing nothing of his thankfulness for this small victory. He could see the boy didn't buy a word he said, but at least he was willing to continue the conversation. Wesley asked his question, and Grayson considered it for a short while. He raised his eyebrows at the mention of love--in truth, that hadn't even crossed his mind, but now that it was mentioned, it added a new layer of complication to his limited understanding of the situation. After some internal debate, he decided to be as honest as possible.

"You probably expect me to say something stupid like 'follow your heart,' but honestly? Don't. If you're worried about getting hurt, never follow your heart. If you find yourself wondering about whether or not to trust someone, analyze the situation at objectively as you can, and ask yourself what that person would have to gain by deceiving or betraying you. Trust negative gut feelings over positive ones. Look at the situation from every point of view except your own. Ask yourself if the other person has a significant advantage over you in your relationship--if they could get away with betraying you with little personal loss, then assume that they will try. If it would cost them to deceive you, then you can place more trust in them. Always be wary of relationships in which you need them more than they need you."

He shrugged, and sighed softly. "That's how you protect yourself. As for loneliness...I never figured that out. Cynicism keeps you safe, it doesn't make you happy. If you find someone who passes all those tests, keep them around. If not...I guess you have to choose whether you want to risk it."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Helping Hand (Wesley) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Wesley)   A Helping Hand (Wesley) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Wesley listened to the Librarian's words and he made it sound as if this was really easy. It wasn't. It never had been. How in Merlin's name did you know who could, and who could not be trusted. How did you when, and when not, people could be trusted. You didn't, that was the idea. If you trusted someone, you had to rely on them not hurting you in a manner that you expected them not to.

Which was what made this so difficult. There was not a right answer.

Merlin, did he even know if he trusted anyone?

Wesley Tonkov didn't trust himself, let alone others, so that was something he was simply going to have to live with, he supposed. And who... who would ever need him? He had nothing to offer anyone...

"Thanks." Wesley replied in response to all the Librarian had said. He hadn't gotten the answer he wanted, not really. Though the man before him had tried, Wesley didn't want to delve further, and so he retreated inside himself once more, and turned back to his book without another word.
Back to top Go down

A Helping Hand (Wesley)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2