Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

NPC Account Question & Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC Account Question & Discussion   NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 12:52 am

All --

To be perfectly honest, I am a bit disappointed at how the topic and conversation is "over" now that the admins have spoken. Why not open it to a vote? Why even entertain the topic only for the opinions to be tossed aside by a simple yet somewhat patronizing commentary?

To sum it all up: it's unfair.

Respectfully yours,

Angie

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NPC Account Question & Discussion   NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 12:54 am

To put very simply, I agree 100% with both Haylen and Ang -- except for one thing. I'm not a BIT disappointed. I'm extremely disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NPC Account Question & Discussion   NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 1:40 am

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. This one, however, is worth a thousand and four,
With all the aforementioned respect:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NPC Account Question & Discussion   NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 3:43 am

I've made a poll where we can all vote. For the sake of clarity and so we're all on the same page, I'm going to be explaining what each option entails.

NPC = characters without their own account but are extensive/detailed/well thought out (essentially enough to fill an app).

Main account = a character with it's own account.

Note 1: some people only use NPCs when required (Pureblood ball, etc.). It is not an escape from the 100 post count.
Note 2: some people are uncomfortable with posting with a main account (let's say John Doe) in the perspective of an NPC (let's say, Jane Doe).

Purpose of the poll: to get solid statistics on this decision.
Reason for creating the poll: we are a community of people on a site that caters to more than one person. It then follows that the community should have some say in what goes on in the site because they are the ones using it.

Option 1: No NPC accounts allowed
This means that all posting should be done on a main account. If you want an NPC for any reason at all, you have to post on a main account even if said NPC is thoroughly detailed, has his own backstory/personality/likes/dislikes/strengths/weaknesses/history (enough to fill a character application), and can function on his own - a full-fledged character in other words.

Option 2: Separate NPC accounts allowed with rules/plot
This means that each handler will have a secondary account called (LydNPC, HayleNPC, etc.). The handler will then use this account for all NPC posts. PLEASE REFER TO NOTE 1. Of course, if a handler has more than one NPC, they will have to indicate at the start of the post, which NPC they are writing. Other rules - such as only creating an NPC if they have sufficient plot or if the handler has good reason to - can be agreed upon later.

Option 3: No NPCs allowed at all
There are to be no NPCs at all. Every character needs its own account. Exceptions to this are one-liners in posts. For example: waiters/waitresses in restaurants, patrons of shops, hotel receptionist or whatever else that are mentioned in passing. (Essentially a character that nobody owns and has no bearing on the character you're writing but is there for the sake of reality.)

With that said, here's the link to the poll.
http://www.strawpoll.me/15034039
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NPC Account Question & Discussion   NPC Account Question & Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NPC Account Question & Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2