Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)   A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:54 am

Since splitting up from school, Victoria had been looking forward to heading back over to England for a weekend with Jake and Marilyn. Seeing her parents again had been amazing, but she wanted to see her big brother too. So they'd arranged that the last weekend of July that Victoria would Floo over and stay. With her suitcase packed, Victoria had hugged her parents and stepped in to the fire, appearing only a few moments later in her brother's flat.

Jake had stood right before her, and Victoria had quickly moved to hug him. She'd missed being able to hug him, whilst he was working, Victoria understood he had to keep some professionalism, but recently she'd really needed a hug. Jake was probably one of the best people to get a hug from too, because it was simply familiar to her and reassuring.

But outwardly, you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with Victoria, because she still smiled as vibrantly as always.

The first day had been spent in London, going around the shops with Jake and Marilyn and updating her wardrobe. They'd stopped for lunch at a nice restaurant in between shopping before heading back to the shops. Jake had brought her a new wardrobe with Marilyn's help, and Victoria was ever so grateful.

When they had gotten home - rather later than intended - Jake had excused himself for a shower, leaving Victoria and Marilyn to themselves. Victoria had waited for the water to start running before she decided to breech the subject in mind. "Mari..." Victoria started, waiting for the older witch's attention to come to her. "You know that you and Jake love each other, very much, does it... do you get physical responses to that?" The question was a little bit vague, but Victoria had some idea of what had caused the feelings she'd felt, but she wanted to know if they were normal before she explained how she'd felt.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)   A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:23 am

With summer break now there Mari and Jake had a lot more free time, and so did his little sister. Knowing how close the two were Mari had dropped a few cues that she'd be glad if Victoria would come stay with them for a bit, if she'd like. And so it was! End of July Victoria was standing in theirliving room with her suitcase and hugging her brother tightly before letting go and recieving a hug from Marilyn, who then showed her the guest (Victoria's, really) room.

After getting her settled in the three had floo-ed to London with Jagger as usual and gone shopping, Mari helping Victoria pick out a new wardrobe for the season, insisting on paying with Jake, if he wouldn't let her pay for all of it. Mari was happy to have someone to shop for who was excited about all the shops like Victoria was, it was fun. Normal, even. Usually they'd be stalked by paparazzi but to protect Victoria she had Jagger casually shield her from all cameras.

Finally home after a long but enjoyable day Mari had given Jake a quick kiss as he went to shower and she went to the kitchen to start up dinner. She'd just gotten some things for sandwhiches out when she heard her name being called, "Yes?"

"You know that you and Jake love each other, very much, does it... do you get physical responses to that?"

Mari was rarely prouder of her trained composure than in that moment because without it she might have dropped something. Instead she just looked over at the girl with a reassuring smile, setting down the jar of cocktail dressing.

"Well, yes, that's quite normal with us." She began carefully, "Why do you ask?"

(Mari)
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)   A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:35 am

Victoria had taken a seat at the dining table as Marilyn began to prep dinner, she would help if she could see a moment, but right then, Victoria didn't see that Marilyn needed her. Victoria had no idea what kind of connotations her words held, so she was completely unaware of what she could have alluded to in that moment. Marilyn didn't say anything of that nature though, so Victoria was left in the dark once again.

When she said that physical feelings were normal, Victoria relaxed slightly, that meant what she'd felt could possibly be a very normal thing, which was good.

The question of why she was asking made Victoria look towards the door, a little nervously, but Jake was still showering, they had time. "I... had a feeling." Victoria started, pausing to try to think of what she wanted to say - not realising once more how all of this could be misconstrued. "Here." The younger witch placed her hand on her chest, above her heart.

"I'm not sure what it meant, exactly, it was... like a pain. And it stayed there." Victoria continued, trying to explain nicely. "It started when I saw my best friend kissing a girl, and... ow." Victoria paused, a slight frown on her face. "It hurts in the same way each time I think about that time, and when I think of the person too."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)   A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:46 am

"I... had a feeling."

'Oh my God, I am not qualified to deal with this,' Mari thought, panicing internally until she saw Victoria place her hand over her heart. 'Oh Thank Merlin,' She let out a soft breath and took a seat next to Victoria, listening to the girl explain her problem.

"It started when I saw my best friend kissing a girl, and... ow."

Ahh, young infatuation. Ouch, Mari remembered how she'd been at that age and held back a grimace. Not pleasant. "Well, Victoria, have you thought that maybe you might like your best friend as...more than your best friend?" She offered gently, "Before Jake and I got together we had a fight. We were best friends, remember? And I went out with somebody else and when Jake saw that he got very upset and it didn't make a lot of sense then, but now looking back he was a tiny bit jealous of the man I was with. Does that make sense to you?"

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)   A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:59 am

The suggestion of liking Allegra as more than her best friend brought a slight frown to Victoria's features. Did she like Allegra more? Well, she felt very comfortable with Allegra, they shared almost everything, Victoria knew she could go to Allegra if absolutely anything was bothering her...

But the story of how Jake had gotten a little upset about Marilyn being with somebody else distracted her momentarily. Jealousy was not something Victoria was partial to, she understood the notion of people being good at things, excelling in things that other people couldn't. So was she jealous that Allegra had kissed someone else..?

"If... I was jealous, is that a bad thing?" Victoria asked uncertainly, she was new to all of this and it was very confusing. But she could logically work everything out.

"I'm not jealous that she was kissing people." Victoria explained, looking at her hands for a moment because this was a big thing for her. "But I think I was... I was jealous that someone else got to kiss her, you know?" The witch continued, glancing up at Marilyn. A question was playing on her lips, and Victoria had to bite her lower lip for a moment.

"What does all of this mean, Mari?" Was the final question, because honestly she had absolutely no idea what this meant, what she should do, and if it was even okay. But so far... it didn't look like Marilyn was going to get angry because of what she'd said.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)   A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 12:10 pm

"If... I was jealous, is that a bad thing?"

"No, it's not, you can't help how you feel, Victoria, nobody can. Especially at your age, you feel things a lot more intensly than some adults might feel them." Mari answered, continuing to give Victoria her full attention in this matter, knowing from experience that such things were very difficult to deal with on your own at a young age.

"But I think I was... I was jealous that someone else got to kiss her, you know?"

Her? Ah...Victoria liked a girl. Well, Mari saw no issue in that at all, it'd be very surprising if she did, but she knew that Victoria might not have been exposed to a lot of non-heterosexual content in her life, yet, and thus decided to reassure her that it was okay.

"I understand, that does hurt. I think it means you have a crush on your friend, Victoria, and that's not a bad thing. I've dated girls and boys before, that's fine. Just like it's fine that Jake only dated girls or our friend Gavin only dates boys. Some people don't date anyone, that's also fine. It's all okay and 100% natural. There's nothing wrong with you and nothing to worry about." She gave Victoria's hand a gentle squeeze.

"I think it might help to talk to your friend, when you feel ready, about how you feel. Since she's your best friend I think she'd understand."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)   A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 12:32 pm

The notion of being jealous was okay made Victoria nod a little bit, well, that made things much, much easier. Negativity was not something she enjoyed, but it was understandable in this situation. Thankfully, Victoria hadn't stayed long enough to see who Allegra had been with so she didn't have a face to be jealous to. Probably for the best too.

The reassurance that dating anyone was okay made Victoria smile. She hadn't been subjected to homophobia, so she didn't know any better. "I know. Gavin is cute." Victoria mused softly, she had an inkling he liked boys, but now it had been confirmed. Her brothers like of only girls was apparent from the two people he dated - Victoria did not know about the countless other people Jake had been with, and she didn't need to know. But Marilyn's like of both boys and girls was new to Victoria, but she could understand the notion, lots of people were very nice.

The reassurance that she was okay just how she was made Victoria smile. She'd never doubted that because she had no reason to, but it was nice to know, no less. "Thank you." Victoria replied softly to those words.

The suggestion of talking to Allegra made Victoria nervous though. They were best friends, but telling her that she had... feelings for the witch was scary. "Okay..." Victoria replied to Mari, standing up and giving the witch a warm hug. "Thank you for helping me, it's been worrying me a little bit. But I think Allegra will understand..." Victoria said, her voice a little nervous, but she knew that it would probably be best to talk things through with her best friend, like they did often at Hogwarts. It was just when that was going to be difficult for her to sort out, because this was not an easy thing to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)   A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 pm

"Thank you for helping me, it's been worrying me a little bit. But I think Allegra will understand..."

"Anytime, Victoria," Marilyn hugged the girl gently and kissed the top of her head, "You'll work things out, try not to worry anymore, if she's really a friend she will understand. Now why don't you go wash your hands and then you can set the table whilst I finish the sandwiches," Mari stood and smiled, "Jake'll be finished soon and then we can eat. How about a movie night tonight?" The elder witch glanced at the clock and nodded, they had enough time to eat comfortably and watch a film before it was time for Victoria to go to bed.

The rest of the evening was peaceful and the worry wasn't brought up once, as Mari figured it was Victoria's story to tell if she wanted. Instead the two witches sat on either side of Jake, cuddling as they watched a movie together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)   A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Talk, of Sorts (Marilyn & Victoria)
Page 1 of 1