Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Birthday Blues (open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Birthday Blues (open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Birthday Blues (open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Birthday Blues (open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Birthday Blues (open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Birthday Blues (open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Birthday Blues (open) Empty
PostSubject: Birthday Blues (open)   Birthday Blues (open) EmptySat May 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Halloween was one of Annabelle favorite holidays,not only because she loved dressing up and loved eating sweets but also because it was her birthday! Annie had woken up that morning early,the few rare times she would all year and got dressed before any of her roommates had even woken up.

She bid her pet Puffskien Squishy a good morning and asked him what day he thought it was. Now seeing this young girl talking to her pet might of seemed strange by many but Annie was a rather strange girl and Squishy was a rather smart Puffskien. But strangely he was quiet that morning no matter how much Annie hugged,petted or squeezed him he made no noise not even a slight hum.

Worryingly she put him back in his cage and made a mental note to see the headmaster later if anything else went wrong after breakfast. Rushing down to the common room she saw a few other early risers if they knew what the day was,everyone answered Halloween. Annie didn't bother telling them it was her birthday as well as she figured not everyone would remember. But as she exited the common room her day went from awesome to bad and would only get worse.

As the door opened and she stepped out she was covered in what she first thought was water but it was only after going back in the chance out of her wet robes that she saw herself in the mirror and screamed. Now Annie was not a vain girl she didn't normally care how she looked but she did like her hair,she loved it in fact and it was the reason why she kept it so long because she liked at how pretty it looked.

But what she saw was not her head of fiery red hair. Only the every top and roots remained red before turning slowly blue and then purple as it reached the ends. What she thought had been water at first had been in fact a color change potion! Taking a deep breath the young Hufflepuff tried to calm down "It was just someone playing a prank...I'm sure it will wash out.." She says but only to be heartbroken to see that after a quick hair washing it had only brighten the colors.

Things only got worse from there,her shoelaces had broken leaving her shoes lose and hard to walk in increasing the amount of people laughing at her. To top it off not a single person had wished her a happy birthday,not even the Fat Friar who Annie was on good terms with.

So there she sat a girl many knew to be always energetic and happy poked and played with her breakfast looking almost in tears as she heard others snicking or out right laughing at her bright now multicolored hair.  Not even the morning post cheered her up as she had gotten nothing from her mother or younger sister,not even a letter..
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Blues (open)   Birthday Blues (open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 3:08 am

Isaline had always been rather confused by the idea of Halloween. It was not a holiday that the Charlot family payed much attention to. The girl had no need to want to dress up as someone else for a night. She was already everything that she could have ever wanted to be. The one aspect of Halloween that had always interested Isaline was masquerade. She loved the beauty and elegance that could be crafted into a mask.

When she was younger, Isaline would walk around with a mask over her eyes. Her mask had not covered enough of her face to shield her identity. She wanted people to know who she was, not who she wanted to be.

When she got to the Great Hall on Halloween morning, Isaline couldn't help but notice a girl in the crowd who had a rainbow atop her head.
"Did you taste a bit too much of the rainbow?" She asked, her heavy french accent clinging onto every note of laughter.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Blues (open)   Birthday Blues (open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 6:32 am

Annie looked up at the sound of someone talking to her and for a second and only a second could her true feeling be seen. Her eyes were sad and mournful but not like a person who was just having a bad day but of someone who life had been noting but wrong it was like all the worlds pain and sadness rested in her golden eyes. Then it was gone and Annie's happy self returned "Yes..well they always say you shouldn't eat too many sweet on Halloween" She says with a soft laugh of her own. She then lifts up a lock of her hair and sighs seeing it had gone from just blue and purple to the seven colors for the rainbow. "Is it really that bad.." Annie asked the girl with a hopeful half smile.

Annie wasn't sure who had put the potion over the doorway,it could of been one of her own housemates or any of the other houses could of done it as well...after all Hufflepuff was often looked over
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Blues (open)   Birthday Blues (open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 3:26 pm

For a split second, Isaline could see sadness within rainbow girl's eyes. It was probably just her hair, but something seemed to be bothering her. The sadness was only there for a moment, though. Almost instantly, the girl perked up and began laughing. She went on about something having to do with not eating too much candy on Halloween. The girl then asked her if her hair was really that bad.

The question came as a bit of a surprise. Isaline had thought that this hairstyle was intentional. Dying one's hair crazy shades was a rather large trend nowadays. She'd figured that the youngin' had wanted to be cool. This was not the best way to be cool. One should never mess with the natural beauty of their hair. If their hair is not naturally beautiful, then that's a shame.

"Like a rainbow had a party and invited fifteen of his closest friends," she laughed. "But you know what they say, 'Que sera sera.' Whatever will be, will be." Unlike her younger sister, Severine, Isaline did not try to mask the sounds of her accent. She embraced the fact that she came from Monaco, especially when it allowed her to show off the fact that she was fluent in French as well as English.

"If you do not mind my asking," She decided to take a seat next to rainbow-head, for she was now intrigued by the story of how this hair-do became a hair-please-just-dont. "What happened?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Blues (open)   Birthday Blues (open) EmptyWed May 18, 2016 3:03 am

Annie couldn't help but laugh at the rainbow party comment. At least this girl seemed nice enough,this was something she was grateful for as she hadn't really made any friends yet. Her laughter died down at her question at what happened.

"Well its..Its a bit of a long story you see.." She says before going into the story. How it was her birthday,how she had woken up early without a single well wishing not even her pet had made any recognition to her that morning. "He's normally really happy to see me in the morning.." She added before she continued.

How she had barely walked out of common room when a color-change potion had fallen onto her. How she hadn't realized what it was until she had gone back to change into dry robes.

"I tried washing it out but it only made the colors brighter...they were only blue and purple at first but now.." She says before lifting up a lock of hair to show the rainbow color again. "I couldn't find a way to reverse it in my potions book so I think it was one of the older students.." She says with a heavy sigh.

"Don't get me wrong I don't mind a good prank now and then but..I really liked my hair its normally a pretty red.." she added with the hint of sadness in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Blues (open)   Birthday Blues (open) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 1:31 pm

Isaline listened half-heartedly as rainbow-head told her the story of how her hai got like this. The story did not necessarily bring out feelings of pity or sorrow from Isaline as much as it made her think about her past birthdays. Isaline knew the feeling that this Hufflepuff had. The only birthdays that mattered in the Charlot family were birth, the year one is accepted into wizarding school, and the year one comes of age for marriage. Every other birthday was to be seen as just another day with perhaps the occasional whisper of 'happy birthday.'

When it came to birthdays, Isaline sometimes found herself full of envy towards her younger sisters Severine and Leoni. The twins always celebrated with at least eachother. They always had eachother. Isaline often found herself wondering what it'd be like to always have someone around whether you always wanted them there or not;to have another half.

Isaline clicked her tongue in distaste as the girl finished her story.
"Natural red hair is a rare beauty," she responded. "What a shame that it be replaced by all of these clashing bright colours. Now I know that there is a colour changing charm. There may be a potion that does the same sort of thing." She tried to not give away the fact that she'd never heard of a potion that did such a thing as change hair colour.

To not know was to be weak and knowledge-less and those were to things that Isaline was not.

"I am sure we will figure it out, Rainbow."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Blues (open)   Birthday Blues (open) EmptyWed May 25, 2016 11:33 pm

Annie couldn't help but feel a slight blush on her cheeks from the girls indirect compliment about her hair. It was true red hair was rare compared to other colors she still wasn't use to compliments all that much at her age. She then blinks not sure she was hearing the girl right "We..? Y-You mean...You will help me?" She asks excitedly. The idea of an older student helping her reverse what ever magic had been done gave Annie some hope that she might have a chance at getting her hair back to its normal color. "I would definitely owe you big time for this if we can fix this damage I mean I can pull of many things,but rainbow hair isn't one of them. Oh I'm Annabelle by the way Annabelle Write, but most people just call me Annie around here so you can too if you like." She says quickly with her wide grin.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Blues (open)   Birthday Blues (open) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 5:19 pm

"We..? Y-You mean...You will help me?"

"Well you do not seem capable of fixing this by yourself," Isaline remarked, gesturing towards the rainbow as she spoke the word "this." The girl seemed young and inexperienced when it came to magic. She would need the help of someone older and wiser, such as Isaline.

"I am sure that we can figure out what happened here," She told the girl. "But I must ask, are you sure it was a potion?"

When Rainbow Bright said that her name was actually Annabelle, Isaline extended a hand in greeting.
"Pleasure to meet you, Annabelle," she was sure to make it known that there would be no nicknames. The Pureblood was not one for shortening the names that people were given.

"I am Isaline Charlot and this is my natural hair colour," she thought that she point that out just in case the girl had been thinking otheriwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Blues (open)   Birthday Blues (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Birthday Blues (open)
Page 1 of 1