Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Empty
PostSubject: The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only)   The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Ivan Jake Newbury (the Son and Ringbearer)

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Baby-Boys-Autumn-Clothing-Sets-Fashion-Style-Turn-down-Collar-Clothes-Striped-Shirts-With-Children-Denim

Veronika Rae Hollands (the Bride)

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Kristin-Kreuk
The Dress

Madame Teresena Souvielle (the Officiate)

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Latest?cb=20120527225438
the Officiate's Outfit

Beatriz Orteez (the Maid of Honor)

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Anushka-Sharma-face
the Bridesmaids Dresses

Gabriella Rose (the Bridesmaid)

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) 06kathryn
the Bridesmaids Dresses

Victoria Newbury (the Bridesmaid)

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) A6c0df1e7b697f453c00d81cb8bf55c9
the Bridesmaids Dresses

Jake Newbury (the Groom)

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Tumblr_ni1kt1MN5i1r9pt1so1_500

Gavin Pierce (the Best Man)

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Ff3d4561718917b6db9d246877a87a84

Samar Srivastav (the Groomsmen)

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) MV5BMjIyNzc4NTAxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE2NzUzNA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_

Mike Turnberg (the Groomsmen)

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Matt%20Lauria-LAG-002069

The Bouquet

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Winter-wedding-flower-ideas-004

The Venue

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) 1403883810790_Villa

Inside the Venue Dining Hall

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Winter-wedding-winter-wonderland-ceremony-decor-preston-bailey

The Wedding Cake

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) F3e8897bbb42ed4547ed0796b8afc498

The Dinner Choices

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Img_5992
The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Winter_image7
The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) E0674057b678dc86405763602322262b

The Dessert Choices
The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) 91127592430247230_y6QiICdP_b

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only)   The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 9:50 pm

LATIUM, ROME

"Nervous, baby?" Her papa Tristian Hollands asked, his hands rubbing soothing circles into his only daughter's shoulder muscles.

"Just a lil," Veronika replied, not meeting his eyes instead staring deeply into her reflection in the mirror. "I mean, this is it right? This is what Ivan and I wanted all those years ago, this is what I didn't think I'd ever have again." She dabbed at the small tears welling in her eyes. It was true, this was the one outcome for her future that she never anticipated. Of everything that could ever happen to her, this was perhaps the one thing that Veronika didn't think could happen.

Veronika was a mother, she was engaged up until the end of today: all in all, she was nervously excited for the events to unfold after she left the bridal preparation room. Her bridesmaids had been asked to leave, they were already prepared, and as soon as she stood from her seat at the vanity the wedding would begin. She could already picture the stares of everyone from the seats towards the end of the aisle, already hear the sounds of the wedding march bellowing in her ears, taste her heart in her mouth. She almost felt like she couldn't breath she was so scared.

"Hey my darling Nika," her father Maxwell Hollands cooed as he opened the door, "thought you might like a surprise." From his feet there was a cry of: "Mommy!" And this time Veronika did let her tears fall. She blessed her lucky stars that she'd placed a Sticking Charm on her make-up so that nothing ran or went loose or undone.

"My baby bear," she pressed kiss after kiss to Ivan's forehead and cheeks, "are you happy, my sweet beautiful boy?" She whispered into his hair as she closed her eyes and let all her nervousness melt into his small body.

"Yes mommy," he answered obediently, pulling away his smile all wide. Veronika just stared at Ivan with tender eyes: this was her boy. This was the one person in the world she loved more than Jake, and the one person in this world that she would steal the moon for.

"I love you, baby bear," Veronika said, holding his face in her hands, "today is such a special day, do you have the gifts your daddy gave you this morning?" He nodded happily, quickly, his small fingers reaching into his little jean pockets and withdrawing the rings. She grinned and closed her fist over his, "keep this safe for mommy," she kissed their fists. Maxwell then took the opportunity to lift Ivan off her lap and offer him his hand to lead him back outside with a wave to his mommy.

"Ready, baby girl?" Tristian asked, offering her an arm up. She realized then that once she stood up, once she started walking down the aisle, she could never walk back. This was it, this was the rest of her life at her feet. She could choose to walk forward into a blindingly beautiful life that would enchant all those around her: choose a life lived in love, in splendor, in glamor. She could leave Rome now, run from it all... But that was never really an option.

No.

Because Veronika knew from the very moment her lips touched Jake's, that no matter the obstacles, no matter the hardships, no matter the difficulties, the pain, the tears or the agony this was all she wanted for forever.

He was all she wanted for forever.

"Always, papa," she whispered as she took his arm and let him open the door that would lead to forever.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only)   The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:02 pm

The big day had come around and Jake was nervous. Not because he didn't want this, because he couldn't think of anything better than spending the rest of his life with Veronika, and their son Ivan. No, today was going to be the second best day of his life. The best day would be saved for when he and Veronika had brought Ivan in to the world. Well, Veronika had done all the work, but it was his favourite day.

But, marrying the mother of his son, and spending the rest of their lives together was a definite, close second on the best days.

Sorting out his tie again, Jake checked himself in the mirror again, and let out a deep breath. He wished Victoria had been there with him, truth be told, but as she and Veronika were such good friends, they were with each other today. Leaving Jake with his groomsmen, and his parents. Not even Ivan was with them that morning, a distraction Jake could have used, but (as his mom had rightfully pointed out, not a distraction he needed) he was getting through the preparations well.

Rome was not as warm in December - how could it compare to summer? But, it was symbolic for them both. They were tying the knot where they'd met, in a beautiful venue that Veronika and he had fallen in love with when they'd visited. Jake was thankful for it not being warm, though, he was warm enough with the pre-marriage nerves, but he was ready for it, completely.

As the last tie was straightened, and hair was checked once again, Jake led the way from the hotel room down to the ceremony hall. The wedding was not completely traditional, it didn't need to be. All that mattered today was that he and Veronika were going to become husband and wife. The only thing that mattered was Veronika, the rest was simply background, aesthetic.

As the guests arrived (the list was extensive, truth be told, Jake had wanted to something humble, but as they began the list, it had escalated beyond anything he could imagine), the groomsmen showed them to their seats, and Jake stood at the front, keeping himself from pacing as he smiled warmly to those entering. This was, in all honesty, more scary for Jake than his first International Quidditch match. Stepping out in front of tens of thousands of people had not been quite as nerve wracking as waiting for Veronika to arrive before him to get married.

But, she would be here, Jake didn't doubt that.

Time, however, did not favour those who wanted just one more moment to calm their nerves. No, before Jake realised what was happening, the music that announced Veronika's arrival began, and after a few hasty seating arrangements, everyone was in their seat, eyes turned to the door. Jake's eyes moved upwards in thanks to someone unknown, for bringing Veronika to him that day a few years ago in this city, and for once again bringing her to him today. His life would, forever, be grateful for meeting the witch he was to marry today, because he had grown so much as a person.

The first ones through the door were the bridesmaids, Victoria had opted to be the head of the procession, and seeing her radiant smile after a few months of ill health made Jake feel at ease. All three bridesmaids (and maid of honour) looked wonderful in the outfits they'd chosen, but they were not the ones Jake cared to see that day.

After the bridesmaids came Ivan with his grandfather, Maxwell, Jake got a wave from his son that received a number of 'awws' from the guests who had arrived. Taking up the spaces on the bride's side of the hall at the front, Jake's eyes moved back to the door, and (holding his breath) Veronika moved in to his gaze a moment later.

Jake had expected many things from Veronika, but he was, in truth, surprised at the fact she had not chosen a white, or ivory, or some shade of that nature for her dress. The blue was so different, and unexpected that Jake was likely not the only one thrown in the room. But, it would never matter what Veronika wore, she was beautiful to him, and seeing her like this made Jake smile warmly, the kind of smile that showed just how much he loved the woman walking towards him through their guests. The smile that said no woman in the world could ever compare to Veronika.

A smile that was made ever brighter by the fact Jake's eyes were filled with the kind of tears only joy could bring to a person in such a time. Jake, however, was not the kind of man to try to blink them away, or rub at his eyes, instead leaving the emotions there for his soon-to-be wife.

With the walk completed, Jake thanked Tristian softly, and took Veronika's hand, giving it a small squeeze as he smiled a little more now she was here with him. Nobody except for Veronika would know that his hands were shaking with the emotions of the day colliding in to one another, but he trusted her not to mention this to a soul. They'd talked about this so often, Veronika knew that Jake wanted this, it had been on his mind ever since they'd found out about Ivan, and now it was finally coming to life.

"You look wonderful." Jake mouthed as the ceremony started, his eyes firmly on Veronika as he listened to the introductions of the service. The reasons for being here, and how they were going to be giving their lives to one another, a symbol of the love they held for one another. Jake gave Veronika's hand a small squeeze at that notion, reaffirming his feelings as Teresena took the serious note of asking if anyone knew of any reason why they should not marry.

Jake's eyes moved from Veronika only in this moment to the guests, checking no one would try to ruin this for the two of them, but the only person to speak was Ivan as he pointed to Veronika and said the word 'mummy' with different variations whilst Maxwell tried to quieten him. With a moment more passing, Teresena continued to tell the guests that they had not chosen the traditional vows of marriage, and had instead chosen to write their own. The bringing of the rings was engaged, and after Ivan realised he should give the rings to Jake and Veronika, Jake turned to the witch before him, took a small, steadying breath, and spoke the words he'd committed to memory.

"Veronika Raechel, standing here before you today has reminded me once again of the reason I fell in love with you. Three years may not seem long enough to know these things, but I knew the moment I met you that something special would come from our meeting

"Fate had us crossing the same path again only a month later, reassuring me that the feelings I had felt upon meeting you were not something fleeting. Looking in to your eyes now, I can see you are the most wonderful woman in the world, the only one I could ever, truly be me with.

"You've brought me so much joy and happiness, Veronika, with our adventure starting here in Rome, to Hogwarts where we both work. You've stuck by me in St Mungos through some grim times of both my own, and my families. You have been the rock in my life when you could so easily have turned a blind eye. You're the most beautiful woman in the world, the kindest, the most caring...

"You're the woman who brought the most beautiful little man in to both of our lives - the woman who I have seen grow through the time we've had our son in more ways than ever. A growing heart, through thick and thin.

"But above all, you're the woman that I can see myself spending the rest of my life with, Veronika. There will never be a woman who could take your place. There could never be a woman who makes me half as happy as you do every day. You are my one and only, and with this ring, I seal my promise to you, that like you are my one and only, I will be your one and only. I will provide for our family through everything, and I hope beyond this world that I can make you, and Ivan, the happiest people in the world." Jake finished, sliding the ring on to Veronika's ring finger carefully, and smiling as it fit perfectly in to place.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only)   The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 11:31 pm

{{OOC: SORRY this took so long, I got so busy. Also sorry this is so ridiculously huge, I got carried away Razz. Love you Jake! <3 }}

Last Night

What was married life like with my mother?” Veronika had asked her father last night while they were eating dinner in a fancy restaurant of the hotel, her papa was with Jake and Ivan upstairs doing some classic bonding.

It was,” Maxwell Wesmesiter-Hollands began before frowning, “strange. A definite change in how I wanted to live my life however, you should know that your mother and I weren’t in love the same way your father and I are.” He stopped, looking to see if that was enough for her before realizing from her blank look it definitely wasn’t. He sighed. “Okay, let’s say this instead, Alison Cartison was a wonderful person. We were both naive, but unwilling to forfeit the money from our individual families. We saw the benefits of our marriage outweighed the consequences of our bachelorhood. We did love each other, or we grew to. I still remember small things like how she twirled her dark curls with a pen when she was writing letters or how she had a system for making peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches.

I loved the things about your mother that were purely surface, and in some ways I think I loved her just because she was there. We were going through scary times and fears before we moved to Great Barrington. Our marriage was more of a continuous friendship, even if we chose to get married we both new that under different circumstances we never would have been together. Now your father,” Maxwell paused and smiled his eyes warm, “is the everything of my world. You may be the centre of my universe, but Tristian fills in the spaces of my mind at all times of the day.” A dark look crossed over his face. “I know that what happened between Gabriella’s mother and I was wrong, I know I wronged your father that way and it was disgusting, but I never loved her. It was physical attraction and I gave into urges that Tristian wasn’t quite able to fulfill, and the most heartbreaking times of my life were those when he could barely look me in the eyes, when he slept in a different room, when you left for school, and our home turned into a house of two lonely souls who no longer trusted each other.” Veronika placed a hand over her father’s as she dropped her fork onto the table, a look of sad sympathy falling onto her features as she remembered those years where her parents chose not to resolve their problems in order to not scar her forever. They put her over each other and she’d love them for that.

Just know that when I married your father, I realized that he was the only person in the world for eternity. I could never imagine coming home to the same face, could never picture anybody else in the same home, and I could never desire any one to walk the path of life with me other than your father.” Maxwell finished pressing a kiss to her knuckles. “Now come on, I think it’s time we get you to bed,” he dropped money onto the table and ushered her towards the elevator, their fingers intertwined.

That night before she slept, she recounted every single perfect memory she had with Jake. She even recounted the not so perfect ones where they were fighting, but even those they resolved before going to bed together. They never went to bed upset with each other, and even when she was spitting mad at him the second she laid eyes on Ivan’s sleeping form or his small running around self she realized that any qualms she had with Jake didn’t matter in the long run.

Wedding Day

This was the long run, Veronika decided as soon as she finished her trek to the end of the aisle. Teresena begun speaking and the words Jake mouthed to her made her grin grow, her skin glow, and her soul seer in happiness. Staring at the most handsome man in the world she realized that this was where she was always meant to end up here. At the end of this aisle with her hands in the second-most important person in her universe, since Ivan was born she knew he was the center of her world just the same as any children her and Jake may have (it wasn’t a given, but they were rather… okay they were definitely amorous for the most part, and contraceptives were of course a given, but not a necessity sometimes). In some ways, Veronika loved Jake more than Ivan because with Jake she wouldn’t be the woman she was today.

He dealt with everything that she was in stride. It wasn’t that he ignored the oddities of her personality or set them aside, but he loved them. He loved her on her off-days when she was being a brat, and it was addicting to be in his presence even when they were turning red with anger for some reason or another. There was no greater feeling in the world than when his lips brushed against hers, and she couldn’t wait to have him at her side for every day and then some.

As they reached the vow part, she felt herself get the slightest bit teary-eyed at his words. The ring was a non-traditional clear diamond but a sapphire instead. It was one she’d chosen clearly, as she’d studied gemstones and knew that sapphires were a pledge of love and one of new love: it encouraged trust and commitment, along with clearing the mind, and building a bond and harmony. His love shone through him and touched her heart with every word. Made her shine even brighter as she lifted their joined hands to kiss his fingers softly, green eyes alight with joy.

Jake Henry Newbury,” she began, “you may not be the first person I’ve loved but you are the person I love the most in the universe because you gave me the most perfect person in existence, because you’ve given me your heart, and you’re the safest place for my heart. You’ve given me the world and then some and I know that in all of the universe there is no man like you, and I am so honored to have you here with me.

I thought I had my life together, that I was fine on my own. That the only people I needed were my friends. I thought that love was out of the cards for me, and suddenly here you are in Rome with me. Suddenly every feeling of loneliness is replaced with one of happiness. Suddenly my life is changed and suddenly it’s knocking me off kilter and I’ve never been more grateful for everything to change. You changed my life for the better. You’ve made my life so unrealistically happy sometimes I feel like I’m in a movie. Y’know like one that’s super cheesy because everyone is so amazing. ” She gave out a small laugh. Her emerald eyes were warm as she tightened her grip on his hands.

I want everyday of my life to be with you. I cannot make any promises other than to promise you that there is not a single man in existence that could compare to you in my heart. I promise that I will always trust you, that I will always strive to do all I can to make you happy. I promise I will never go to bed angry with you, promise to strive to be as honest as I possibly can be of course I can’t be perfectly honest because surprises and whatnot.” She smiled. “And I promise to be your faithful, dutiful, and loving wife for all your days.” She lifted the ring that her son had given her, resisting the urge to lift her son into her arms, and slid it onto his finger, her eyes alight with an incomparable happiness.

With this ring, Jake Henry Newbury, I pledge and promise that you are the love of my life, that you are the spring in my step, and that I will achieve everything with you by my side. I promise to spend all of my days at your side through all events, through terrible and wonderful, and I promise I will face any difficulties with you dauntless of whatever will happen because with just the very knowledge that your love is true and good, I can do all with you. I love you Jake, I do today, and I will everyday.” She slid the ring onto the finger, unbearable joy and love bursting in her heart.

Teresena’s eyes were softer than butter as they both looked at her expectantly. She said the magic words before adding, “and I suppose now the bride may kiss the groom or vice versa.” She grinned as she watched Veronika throw her arms around Jake’s neck and drag him down for a mind-blowing, memorable kiss to seal the perfect vow she had made to him.

Are you ready for forever?” She asked, as their breaths mingled, all noises of celebratory cheering and clapping a low hum in the back of her mind as she could only focus on the hands on her, on the eyes melting her very core. “I know this is it for me, Jake, this is all I could ever need. You and Ivan are my whole world, is this enough for you?” She asked softly, their noses touching.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only)   The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 8:59 pm

The tears in Jake's eyes were going to be something of a permanent thing that day, he was sure of that much. He was the happiest man in the world, that was undeniable, and his happiness shone brightly in his eyes as he watched Veronika speak. The promises were words that he knew already, but the declaration of Veronika's love in front of so many people made it the confirmation that nothing was going to stop them now.

There was a song by Starship about that...

The ring that Veronika slipped on to his finger was something they'd picked together. It wasn't a usual kind of ring, but their story was not the usual kind either. It was different, and there was no point in symbolising it in any other way. The ring that now rested on his left ring finger was the symbol of their marriage, their love, and their pledge of devotion to one another. The sign, to everyone else, of how much Veronika meant to him.

As she finished her vows, Jake gave her hands a soft squeeze to say well done, stealing himself a quick breath as he heard Teresena say the words he'd been waiting for. The words that they were now husband and wife brought a warm, single syllable laugh of disbelief that this was real from Jake's lips, before the kiss part was announced. Veronika pulled Jake down enough to catch his lips, and Jake brought her small frame closer to him in that moment. The hall erupted with celebration as any wedding day did, aww's filled the room from the majority of the women, whilst a number of his ex-Quidditch team mates wolf whistled from their seats. Camera's snapped loudly as the photographers caught the moment.

But none of that mattered to Jake, only that he was now kissing Mrs Veronika Rae Newbury.

His wife.

“Are you ready for forever?”

"With you? I couldn't think of any better way of spending forever." Jake replied softly to his wife's question, the grin on his lips growing the more he thought about that term. The question of having enough in Veronika and Ivan was one Jake could answer easily, leaning down to press a light kiss to hers lips (earning more cheers from those gathered for the wedding). "You know our little family is all I want, all I need. I love both of you, with all my heart, you know that, but, I hope that our family can grow a little bit more too. With time." Jake replied honestly - though Veronika knew this, he was sure, Jake was careful around the subject of another baby, because he couldn't deny he wasn't scared of complications once more.

"But, today is our wedding day, and this is plenty for me! This is the happiest day of my life, ever. With all of my favourite people." Jake insisted, pressing one more, firm kiss to Veronika's lips before leaning down to pick up Ivan in one arm before taking Veronika's hand. "Come on, we've got a party to start!" He insisted, the smile on Jake's lips echoed in his sons as Jake blew a raspberry on Ivan's cheek.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only)   The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 10:53 pm

Life had taught Veronika not to take the moments of perfect happiness for granted.

When she was younger every moment where her parents were with her was a perfect moment. Learning her abilities in magic, feeling it soar through her body and make her shine with glee as she cast a spell correctly made her life feel perfect. Meeting the first love of her life and how every moment with him was perfect. Now that she was more matured she knew there was no such thing as a perfect life. Just these moments of perfect happiness: the moments when her papa and dadda would enter her room before she felt sleep overcome her small frame to kiss her forehead and look on at her with eyes shining with tears, the moments when she’d cast a spell correctly in Transfiguration before the others and her Professor would pat her encouragingly on the shoulder, the moments when Ivan would touch her cheek ever so softly after the full-moon when they lay basking in the afterglow of love.

But none of those moments compared to now, she thought, as she felt her body and heart shift into a position of immovable love for her husband: Mr. Jake Newbury.

I think I’d like more children,” she whispered after his comment about their little family, her face flushed, “but I can wait. We do have forever,” she absentmindedly played with the hair on the nape of her neck.

Happiest day huh?” She grinned, “well this day is definitely way up there on the list of best days ever. Maybe it’s even at the top.” She joked before his lips pressed to hers once more. She breathed in softly the scent and smell of him before realizing how needy she must look and releasing him as he bent to lift their son up.

Daddy!” Ivan exclaimed as his father picked him up, “Mommy!” Ivan cooed as he grasped at Jake’s hair smiling with all gums, before Veronika reached a finger out for her son to take and smiled as his small hand-growing-wrapped itself around her index finger. “Mommy and daddy happy?

Yes, baby bear,” she whispered, a single tear falling from her right eye to signify her jubilation, “the happiest people in the world.” She added. “Isn’t that right, daddy?” She asked, her smile soft and her eyes warm as she glanced at Jake.

Picture of the happy family?” Someone called out, she noticed the person kneeling at top of the aisle. People had begun to tighten themselves in the pews trying to get past the photographers. Sheepishly Veronika lifted the hand Jake had intertwined with hers over one of her shoulders as she slid the other around his waist.

Say cheese, Ivan,” she reminded him as she grinned herself.

Cheese!” He exclaimed, all teeth and gums showing as the flash went off. She smiled and released Jake’s arm from around her shoulders as she locked their fingers together again and started to lead him down the aisle. Once they left the cathedral, they were assaulted with tossing of rice, to which she laughed as Ivan tried to catch them in his mouth like snowflakes. They had a limo to take them to the venue hall, hesitant to apparate with Ivan or portkey, besides the limo was at the cost of her fathers so it wasn’t like they couldn’t spare a little money.

The drive to the limo was filled with Ivan’s chatter as he talked about his days with his grandpas and grandma (“Three! I haff three! Otter kids only get two but I haff three and a Nana!”). She hated to admit it but she was pleased as punch her baby was so spoiled. Once they arrived at the reception, they immediately took their spot at the Head of the Hall. Ivan had his own little highchair between his parents, one he marveled at because it had his toys from home scattered on the little table. Veronika smiled as she kissed her son’s forehead and for the first time since the whole wedding craze began she felt peace settle into her bones as she gazed into her husband’s eyes from over her son’s head.

Thank you,” she murmured, “thank you for everything, Jake. I really do love you most of all.” She confessed before turning as she felt her girlfriend’s hand on her shoulder, she turned to see Beatriz. Beatriz embraced her tightly, before the rest of the party arrived to congratulate them at the Head’s position. They’d left in such a flurry, they’d forgotten to accept their congratulations. Soon the hall was full of people, bustling and lively for a celebration lit by a blue haze.

The Ring 
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only)   The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 9:21 pm

Jake couldn't help but smile at Veronika at the words of forever. Many people might find that thought daunting, but Jake was ready for forever. A younger version of himself would probably die at the thought, but today, today he was absolutely ready for forever because he'd found the most perfect woman in the world to spend that time with.

The question of this being the happiest day of his life was, without a doubt, the truth. Ivan's birth had been a beautiful day, but it had been shrouded by worry, anxiety and uncertainty. He wouldn't change that day for the world, of course, but it would not be as happy as this day, Jake would be selfish enough to say that this was the best day. Ivan's birth was a very close second, of course. But there was no argument to be had between the couple as their lips met once more. Jake's body was still shaking, despite the scariest part of the day being over with. But, his nerves didn't matter with two of his favourite people in the world at his side.

"The happiest people in the world." Jake confirmed as his eyes met Veronika's in that moment, before his eyes moved back to Ivan who took the information on board and smiled widely at this point. For someone so young, Ivan seemed to understand so much already, Jake didn't know if it was normal, or not, but he knew he was proud of his son.

As the call for the photo came from somewhere, Jake's eyes flickered away from his small family for only a moment, taking in where the camera was, pointing it out for Ivan who grinned on his mother's words, but Jake's eyes moved to his wife, smiling down at her as she smiled warmly for the camera. Jake's lips pulled upwards in to a proud smile. As unconventional as they might have been - having a son before marrying, as much as people might look at their relationship and think it wasn't quite something many people would go for, this was all Jake wanted, all he needed, to be happy. Above the noise of the hall, however, Jake heard the camera click, and then the same voice call his name, pulling his eyes from Veronika to the camera as they smiled for another picture.

The ride to the afternoon and evening venue was filled with Ivan's chatter, but as their son continued on, Jake leaned over the top of his son's car chair, and whispered softly that he loved her very much as he pressed a kiss to her cheek. Followed closely by how much he enjoyed the dress she'd chosen - however, anything else Jake had wanted to add to such thoughts was quietened by Ivan's insistence that Jake "lissen to me!" No stranger to being cut off by Ivan's wants, Jake sat back in the seat of the limo, listening to Ivan intently for the rest of the journey.

As they got to the venue for the afternoon, Jake allowed Veronika to slip through the door first, following with Ivan in his arms as he pointed out the decorations Veronika had picked expertly. It wasn't to say that Jake hadn't helped in choosing, because he had definitely done everything he could, but Jake had allowed Veronika whatever she wanted, only helping to decide when she was completely uncertain. As he'd insisted again and again, Veronika, Ivan and his immediate family were the only people he needed there, everything else was a bonus.

Find their seats, Jake sat Ivan down and took a moment to steady himself. The party was about to begin, and he was still calming from the adrenaline rush of his vows. Crazy how a wedding could unnerve him more than his Ministry job, really. Veronika's voice broke through to him a moment later, though, and Jake smiled warmly back at her. "It's me that should be saying thank you, I'm the luckiest man in the world." Jake replied sincerely, just as the doors opened to the rest of the wedding party. Beatriz arrived only moments later, and Jake stood from his seat to move to greet her, kissing the woman's cheeks and thanking her for coming - not that he thought for a moment she would. A soft compliment on her attire, and then the next person had come along.

Gavin was along soon, shaking Jake's hand fervently before leaning down to kiss Veronika's cheek. "Spectacular, man." Gavin told him - Gavin had always been a little bit softer than most men, appreciating the aesthetic of things much more than any of Jake's other male friends did. "And, the vows, both of you wrote beautiful vows! I don't know how my speech is going to compare!" He joked, before moving off to see his 'little man' that was Ivan.

The speeches Jake had almost forgotten about, and he swallowed softly as Victoria came up to them, looking better in herself today than she had in weeks, but not quite her usual self. "Veronika! Oh my, that was so beautiful!" She exclaimed, hugging her, now, sister-in-law tightly. Tears had evidently been flowing down his sisters cheeks freely because her eyes were a little red from the soft dabbing of tissues. "This is all so beautiful. You look beautiful!" Victoria continued, evidently super excited with the situation. "I won't keep you, though! Jake!" She added, hugging her brother close for a second. "I'm going to see my nephew, once uncle Gavin's had a quick play! Then I should think we're ready to start dinner!" She grinned, moving off to Ivan and cooing over him with Gavin.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only)   The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hollands-Newbury Wedding (Invite Only)
Page 1 of 1