Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] Empty
PostSubject: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 7:45 pm

It had been a rough time for Elyah since she had come to the school again. The attack was something unexpected, and the damage that had been caused was great. Lives were lost, some were still missing and Elyah kinda felt bad that she was able to get away before anything had the time to reach her and cause her any harm. She was one of the lucky someone would say. But she hated it. Because other people didn't have that privilege. They weren't safe. And it was all the Ministry's fault.

Hogwarts was the safest place on earth, she knew. And for such dark force to be able to enter this castle, it only meant one thing. The Ministry was growing weaker and weaker by the days. Or that was what it looked like at least. How could they possibly have allowed something like this to happen?

Wrapped in her Hufflepuff scarf, Elyah made her way towards the Forbidden Forest, wanting to spend sometime alone. People didn't wander around as much anymore, afraid of what might happen again. The danger was not gone, she knew it, and if her father learned that she was wandering all alone in the Forbidden Forest, he would be -the least to say- displeased with her. And very mad. Maybe a little too mad. But she could handle herself. She always had.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 8:05 pm

Max had been amongst the lucky ones - he'd been told - because whilst the attack on the castle had happened, he'd found himself wandering the grounds. Or, more specifically, the Forest. Max had found at the start of the year, that there was an infestation (as many would call it) of Bowtruckles in the Forest. Now, Max had always been fond of animals, but his fondness had been developing as of late.

Especially when he needed to think.

For some reason, the presence of animals was much more relaxing to the boy who struggled with keeping focused. For taking his time about things. Which was why he'd spent most of his free time out in the Forest - sneaking away from the castle and keeping notes on the creature he'd found. His worries were nothing like that of his peers, why? Freddo had found his own way - through the thievery of Elyah's posessions - of telling him she was okay.

Max had assumed Elyah had seen Freddo, and put two and two together. So, not for the first time, he was oblivious to something being wrong.

Which was why he was today sat up in a tree, conversing with the Bowtruckles he'd found until their heads turned. The person whom... maybe... understood him had entered the forest on her own, and Max could only grin. Jumping down from the tree just before Elyah, Max grinned at the witch. "Hey! I didn't know you came out here! Or did Freddo bring you?" Max asked, looking around for his cat and coming up with nothing. "How are you? I've found something cool! I will show you, if you want, but, I know that you're probably going to have a lot to talk about, because everyone does at the moment, and it's very higgledy piggledy... You know?"

With that, Max put his arms around her and gave her a squeeze. "I've missed you, though, but I didn't know if you'd actually be interested in the forest. But, now I know. And this is awesome!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 8:38 pm

The young witch was positive she was pretty much alone in the Forest. And she liked it that way, since she was never one to be friendly or anything. Except with Max. He was so very different from her, always getting on her nerves, messing up with her potions -and sometimes her essays too!- but he had found a place in her heart before she could even register what was happening. Maybe it was the fact that he was indeed so much different from her, and from the rest of the world that made him so special in her eyes. She didn't know, and she certainly was not ready to admit it to herself, even more to him.

But the truth was that the little Hufflepuff witch was starting to develop her first crush. She was slowly falling for Max.

Lost in her thoughts, Elyah didn't even bother looking around the Forest, and so she didn't notice Max, sitting high up in a tree. Not until he landed right in front of her, causing Elyah to jump a couple of feet back with a startled yelp and quickly point her wand at the sudden surprise.
But once her eyes focused on the only person she didn't expect to see, Elyah froze.

"Hey! I didn't know you came out here! Or did Freddo bring you?"

Maximillian Hollingberry was standing right in front of her with his usual big smile in place, as if nothign had happened. Elyah couldn't move. She was happy, shocked, angry... so many things at once and she could not handle all of them! Where had he been? Why hadn't he written a letter to her or something? She was so worried! Hadn't he been worried about her at all?!

"How are you? I've found something cool! I will show you, if you want, but, I know that you're probably going to have a lot to talk about, because everyone does at the moment, and it's very higgledy piggledy... You know?"

"I..uh.."
Elyah was trying to form words that could potentially lead to a sentence, but she was still way too frozen to think clearly. She had spent all these days, locked away, not talking to anyone, because Max had not made an appearance. He had not informed her that he was safe, and had her believing he was hurt, missing, or worse, killed.

Though as his arms wrapped around her, Elyah was glad she didn't have to talk. Instead, she wrapped her arms around him holding him close to her and breathing in his smell. She had missed him so badly, and a sigh of relief left her as she was now sure he was okay.

"I've missed you, though, but I didn't know if you'd actually be interested in the forest. But, now I know. And this is awesome!"

"Max, you scared the hell out of me, you idiot!"
Pulling back, Elyah punched his arm, taking out her frustration, and just as quickly, she pulled him back into another hug.
"Why didn't you say you were okay? I thought you were hurt, missing! You idiot boy, you can't just disappear on me!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 8:54 pm

As Elyah pulled out her wand, Max took half a step back. He wasn't afraid of Elyah, she was so tiny he doubted she could ever hurt... well, anything. But Max didn't say that, because he was too busy trying not to grin widely at the witch for making an appearance. But, after a moment, a calmness seemed to appear, and Max felt himself letting out a small shaky breath.

With the small hug being accepted, Max enjoyed it for the moment, before pulling away and earning a punch to the arm. "Ouch!" Max responded, grumbling a little as he rubbed his arm before being pulled back in to a hug. "There really wasn't any need for that!" The boy insisted, but his tone was playful, showing he didn't really mind the punch.

"Well, you only got scared because you weren't observing correctly!" Max insisted, letting go of her and giving his arm another rub to make the pain subside. "And, anyway, scaring the hell out of you is probably not a bad thing. You can be angelic!" The Gryffindor insisted with a small laugh.

But, Elyah's tone turned serious, and Max began to frown.

"I thought it was pretty obvious you were okay? Freddo came to visit you!" Max explained, reaching up to his neck and pulling out the chain his cat had brought to him the morning after the attack. "I figured you'd sent me this as a show that you were okay, and in it's place Freddo seems to have given you my tie. Or, at least I thought he had taken it. I thought that was enough to make you know. I knew you were okay. And, don't you think if I'd been hurt Freddo wouldn't have hounded you all the time to come to me?" Max asked, because that was how Freddo worked. "He really should have been a dog, or something..."

Max's thought process continued for a moment, before he focused back on his friend. "I think... however, this is where I tell you I'm sorry for assuming, right?" Max asked, his tone sincere in that moment. Fumbling with the clasp on the necklace, Max handed it back to Elyah. "I'm sorry for not telling you I was okay. I shouldn't have assumed anything."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 9:14 pm

"I thought it was pretty obvious you were okay? Freddo came to visit you!"

What?

Elyah was confused. She had not seen the cat at all, and that was the main reason why she had believed something was wrong. Or maybe she was grieving so much, worrying that something bad had happened to him, that she had not noticed the cat following her at all. Could that actually be possible?

Her eyes focused on Max as his hands moved to his neck, revealing the necklace her father had given her. He was wearing her necklace, something that made the girl smile just a bit. It was cute to say the least, watching your crush keep something of yours close to him. But he didn't do it for the same reason. No, he couldn't actually like her like that.

"I figured you'd sent me this as a show that you were okay, and in it's place Freddo seems to have given you my tie. Or, at least I thought he had taken it. I thought that was enough to make you know. I knew you were okay. And, don't you think if I'd been hurt Freddo wouldn't have hounded you all the time to come to me?"

"That was your tie?! I thought a girl had brought a boy up there or something and he had forgotten his tie! How could I have know?!"
Elyah had to rub her temples to soothe the headache that was starting to form. Yes, she had indeed seen a tie left on her bed, on her pillow to be exact, but she couldn't have imagined it was Max's.

"Thank Merlin, I didn't throw it away."
But that didn't mean Max was going to get it back, anyway. She had a very nice plan on how to use his tie.
But he was right about Freddo. If anything had happened, that animal would have come to her before the news reached her ears. She would know before anyone else. How had she not thought of that?

"I'm sorry for not telling you I was okay. I shouldn't have assumed anything."

As he handed her back her necklace, Elyah took a good look at it, before fumbling with the clasp herself, managing to open it a couple of seconds later.
"I want you to keep it, so it will always remind you of me."
Walking up behind him, Elyah closed the clasp as soon as the chain was around his neck and smiled.
"Now, you will always have something of mine with you."

And once again, she pulled him into a hug, hiding her face in his back. He was growing taller and taller, Elyah was starting to feel so small compared to her. But she loved his hugs and his awkwardness a bit more than usual.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 11:12 am

The idea of a girl sneaking a boy in to Elyah's dorm made Max's nose crinkle a little bit. He wasn't repulsed, no, but he wasn't exactly sure why you would want to do that. Especially when there were other people who could come in at any time. Merlin that would be embarrassing being caught in a girl's dorm! But the question of how she could have known made Max chuckle. "It has my initials in the label at the bottom. Mum put them in there after I lost three last year." Max explained, looking sheepish for a  moment. It wasn't easy looking after so many things, Max had told her as much, too.

"Well, if you could return it, I'd be super thankful, because I haven't told mum I lost it yet, and I really don't want to get a Howler for it!" Max replied to the fact Elyah still had it. To him, there was nothing off in that, though many might have seen an implication.

The moment was a little weird, though, when Elyah put the necklace back on him. Max had only put it on to keep it safe, because he was very good at losing things. He hadn't meant for Elyah to think he wanted it. Because, well, it was Hufflepuff, and he was a Gryffindor, and that was a very confusing picture to present to people...

"Are you sure? I mean, I don't want to keep it from you. It is yours, and well, it's Hufflepuff... isn't that going to be confusing?" Max asked as Elyah hugged him again. "If you want me to keep it, I will, but... it is yours." Max finished, clearly quite confused with the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 8:26 pm

"It has my initials in the label at the bottom. Mum put them in there after I lost three last year."

Elyah had to giggle at the response Max gave, and also at the thought of him losing so many ties. What in the name of Merlin did he do with those ties?
But it had been idiotic of her not to check for any initials or anything on it. If she had only been more careful, she might have figured out that Max was alive sooner. She might have sought out for him!

"I must admit, it was rather idiotic of me, not to examine the tie. But one way or another, you always manage to come back to me..."

Looking away, Elyah tried to hide the look in her eyes. A look that gave away the mixed feelings she had about the situation. About what she felt exactly for Max. She didn't want to accept it. No. It was dangerous and Max was just her friend. And she wouldn't let anyone destroy that. Not even herself.

"Well, if you could return it, I'd be super thankful, because I haven't told mum I lost it yet, and I really don't want to get a Howler for it!"

A smirk touched the Hufflepuff witch's features. Oh under any other circumstances, she might have considered giving him his tie back, mostly because she didn't want him to get in trouble. But now that she thought better about it, she was in no way going to give him back that die. He would have to take it over her dead body. Which probably meant never.

"Nah, I do not think I will, Max. Freddo brought it to me, so it's mine now!"

And then he started talking about how the necklace belonged to her, and that there was no particular reason for him to keep it, unless she truly wanted him to have it. Elyah stood in front of him, rolling her eyes the whole time as he kept talking and talking. That was who Max was, and even if she loved him for that, she would not pay him enough mind for such matters.

"I mean what I say, Max. When I say I want you to keep it, you keep it, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 8:44 pm

"Oh, it's on the inside, of the bottom bit, you know, where there is the hole thing... You know... the lining, that's what I mean." Max explained, confusing himself for a moment before getting his head around the right word for where the label is. "But, it's okay, it wasn't super obvious." Max added, hoping that that would appease Elyah in to not feeling so stupid in the situation.

When Elyah told him she wouldn't be giving his tie back, Max couldn't help but frown at her. That wasn't fair! But, after a moment, Max decided to give in. Perhaps Freddo would bring it back now this whole thing was sorted. Or, perhaps one of his roommates had a spare. Anything to make sure he wasn't going to get in trouble.

Again.

Max's attention was instead captured by Elyah's insistence that he keep the necklace, and with a small sigh of frustration he relented. "Okay, I'll keep it. But, if you want it back, you have to promise you will just say. Because it is your necklace, and I really don't want to take it from you if you want it. But, I will keep it safe, for you." Max explained, before remembering something else.

"Now, come on, I have to show you my awesome find!" Max insisted, pulling Elyah to the tree trunk and showing her the footholds he'd made. "Mind your step, and follow me up." He insisted, before scampering up the tree to the perch he'd been in before Elyah came in to the forest. Well, halfway up, then he stopped. "Oh, and speak softly. We don't want to frighten them!" Max added, before pulling himself in to position and getting himself comfortable.

"Come here..." Max told the small Bowtruckle that seemed to trust him the most as he held out his hand. "I have a friend that's come to meet you." Max continued as he waited for Elyah. "Don't worry, she's friendly, I wouldn't bring her up if I didn't trust her." Max added as the Bowtruckle looked a little worried at the idea, before checking on Elyah's progress.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] EmptyTue Nov 22, 2016 7:14 pm

"Okay, I'll keep it. But, if you want it back, you have to promise you will just say. Because it is your necklace, and I really don't want to take it from you if you want it. But, I will keep it safe, for you."

Elyah had to smile and nod to whatever he was saying, not really paying him much mind. All she wanted was for him to just accept her words, and her presents, and be done with it. But Max was not like that, you always had to persuade him. Well, not always. But 95% percent of the time that was the case.
Thankfully though, he accepted it, and didn't speak another word about that. Instead, he was already thinking of something different.

"Now, come on, I have to show you my awesome find!"

Then she was pulled along, towards the tree where Max had made footholds in order to climb up. Was he building a tree house in the Forbidden Forest or what?
Listening to his instructions, Elyah slowly moved up the tree, after him, curious to see what he had find. Truthfully though, she had no idea what it could be.

"Oh, and speak softly. We don't want to frighten them!"

Elyah suddenly stopped.
"Them?" But Max was off again, and Elyah climbed up after him, and got comfortable next to him. Then he started talking to someone else, and only then did Elyah notice the little Bowtruckle that got into Max's hand.

"Don't worry, she's friendly, I wouldn't bring her up if I didn't trust her."

"Max, is that a Bowtruckle I'm seeing?"
Elyah made sure to keep her voice low, not wanting to scare away the little thing, but the smile on her face proved how incredibly happy she was. She had read about Bowtruckles and always wanted one, but couldn't believe that she was seeing one right now!

"Oh Merlin, it is so beautiful!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] EmptyTue Nov 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Max ignored - or more likely missed - the question of who he was referring to by them. He was too excited about showing Elyah his find to worry about fully informing her as to what he was going to show her. Typical of Max, not thinking every angle through properly before going ahead with the thing he wanted most.

As Elyah got comfortable, Max looked across to her with a grin. "Buckle is a Bowtruckle, yes." Max explained. "And he's not the only one in the forest. He's just the most courageous. The others are warming to me a little bit, but I doubt they will come out with you here because you're new. But, if you come and see them enough, they will probably come to be accustomed to you. Buckle here thinks he's my favourite, but I love all of them." Max explained, taking Elyah's hand with his free one and moving it to be out flat.

"No fast movements, and, it will tickle slightly, when he moves across your palm, so make sure you're not going to throw him." Max explained - which was ironic that the hyperactive Gryffindor could give lectures on keeping calm. "Go on, Buckle." Max insisted, bringing his hand close to Elyah's so she could hold the small creature for herself. Never had Elyah likely seen him so calm and gentle, something that only really happened around animals. Something he had not noticed in himself, truth be told.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]   I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Not Scared [Elyah & Max]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next