Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Reminiscing and free time {Open} Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Reminiscing and free time {Open} Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Reminiscing and free time {Open} Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Reminiscing and free time {Open} Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Reminiscing and free time {Open} Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Reminiscing and free time {Open}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Reminiscing and free time {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Adaline hummed softly as she walked through Diagon Alley, a couple of bags already in her hands as she did some shopping. The twenty-three-year-old woman had left her children, Silas and Eliza, with her parents to get some time to pamper herself; she loved her children to bits, there was no denying that but sometimes she just wanted to enjoy the day to herself.

It had been a year since Kai had died and Adaline's parents, as well as Kai's, had urged her to stop mourning Kai; the man would've wanted her to find someone else to love her and their children and while Adaline knew that in her heart she wasn't sure that she would be able to find anyone as good as Kai.

While the man had his bad moments, Adaline had loved him to bits and it had shown even now. On her right ring finger, she wore the engagement ring he had given her and around her neck was a picture locket with a picture of her, Kai, Silas and Eliza slotted in the right while in the left there was a picture of just the two of them.

The brunette sighed as she shrank her purchases and shoved them into the pocket of her coat before she stood by the quidditch shop, staring forlornly at the quidditch equipment in the window; Kai would've loved the new broomstick that came out just a couple of weeks ago, she was sure of that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Kieran hadn't played Quidditch at all really since he left Hogwarts, but he still loved to go flying occasionally when he had the time. There was nothing as freeing as soaring through the air with the wind blowing through your hair. He was between trips right now in his work so on his time off he decided to go and check out one of the new brooms that had just been released. Even though he wouldn't buy it, he still enjoyed keeping up on the brooms available and maybe a few years down the road when it wasn't ridiculously expensive he would purchase one.

When he got to the Quidditch shop he vaguely recognized the woman looking at the broom through the shop window. He knew she was a year younger than him, but couldn't recall anything other than that about her. She was one of those he recognized by face in Hogwarts but the name had never stuck. The girl he remembered had matured into a lovely young woman, but his eyes noticed the engagement ring on her finger so knew there was no use trying to do anything more than catch up with an old classmate. "Hello, did you come here to check out the new broom as well?" he asked. "Come on, I'm sure the owner can tell us more about it than we'd learn from looking at it from outside." he said, and opened the door, holding it for her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 10:57 pm

The brunette actually jumped in startled shock and pressed a hand to her wildly beating heart as she stared wide-eyed at the male in front of her. She recognized the man in front of her; he was a fellow Ravenclaw in the year above her and he was just as smart as her, always ending up in top spots for his exams.

"Kieran Douglas." His name just naturally came to her but Adaline supposed that was what you get for having Eidetic Memory. Eyeing the man in front of her, she could still clearly remember the teen who had helped her when she had been having problems in her own studies. The, then teenager, had been very helpful and Adaline knew that her own accomplishments at Hogwarts had been in part due to him taking the time to tutor her when she had been having problems in one or two subjects.

"..I did..." She nodded her head as she unconsciously fiddled with the engagement ring on her finger, a pained look in her eyes as she stared at the broom. While she herself wasn't that much of a Quidditch fanatic Kai had been and she knew for certain that he would've gotten this broom the moment it had come out.

Following the man, she smiled at him softly as she stepped through the doorway. "Thank you." She hummed softly, breathing in the air in the shop. The smell of wood in the air was very clear from all the broomsticks that were hanging on the walls.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 11:24 pm

Kieran was more than a little surprised that she knew his name, and he tried to remember hers but couldn't no matter how much he racked his brain trying to find it. "I'm sorry, I know we went to school together but I can't recall your name. Care to enlighten me?" he asked, feeling guilty that she knew who he was but he was clueless aside from her having been the year below him in school. Hopefully she wouldn't think too badly of him for not knowing it, after all it had been years since Hogwarts for both of them.

Oddly the talk of the broom seemed to be causing her to remember something bad that had happened, at least if the expression on her face was anything to go by. However, since they were at best casual acquaintances it wouldn't do for him to ask prying questions about her personal life or why she looked so sad. Instead, he simply chose not to comment and filed away the information for later. Cataloging things about people was something he'd always done, and the more he learned about somebody the more interesting they became to him. People were so different, but aside from a few bad eggs here and there most were good at heart. At least, that was his rather optimistic opinion on things.

A little surprised when she started humming as she walked by him, Kieran thought she had a lovely voice. "You're quite welcome. And, may I just say you have a beautiful voice." he told her honestly, smiling at her. Even if it was simply humming a tune he loved music, and whether or not she knew it, she had an awesome voice if her humming was anything to go by. Following her inside, he found a card that explained the qualities of the broom they had been looking at and he looked over it curiously. Definitely an improvement in handling, though the top speed hadn't changed too much.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 7:32 pm

"Harris. Adaline Harris." The former Ravenclaw said with a soft smile upon her lips. Having an eidetic memory did have it's pro's after all. Even if half of the time it just made her want to curl up into a ball and cry because she could still clearly see the broken form of her former fiance, Kai, in his bed at the hospital. Shuddering, the woman shook her head to clear it of those thoughts. She wasn't going to go there, not today.

She blinked her eyes and a slight flush of colour appeared upon her cheeks as she ducked her head and nodded to the compliment. "Thank you." She rarely sang or hummed but lately, ever since Kai died really, she found herself humming or singing songs just to make her mood all that much better.

While Adaline looked at the card that explained everything about the broom, she sighed and murmured softly. "...Kai... would've loved this broom." She wasn't a big fan of professional Quidditch but for Kai she had actually gotten information on his team and had researched everything about his position, his team and what type of broom would be good for him.

"You play Quidditch?" She couldn't actually remember whether he did play Quidditch at Hogwarts; but that was probably because most of the time she was in the library or behind closed doors with one guy or another.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 8:01 pm

The name sounded familiar and a brief image of what he thought looked like a younger version of the woman before him flashed in his mind. "A pleasure to remake your acquaintance, Miss Harris." Kieran said, smiling back when he received one from her. For some reason he noticed the girl shudder and shake her head, and he wondered if he'd done something wrong or if she was merely having a rough time with other issues. "Are you alright?" he asked, a tone of concern in his voice. It probably wasn't his place to pry as they'd really just met after barely having known each other during school, but if he could help he would do his best.

The blush that he earned from her with his compliment had him smiling wider, thinking it was rather cute that something so simple would make the grown woman blush so easily. "You are most welcome. I'd sing something with you, but I wouldn't want to scar your ears with my voice." he joked. In actuality, he had a decent singing voice of his own but he was always self-conscious about singing where others could hear. Instead, he only did it when there was nobody around to notice.

Hearing the way she talked about this Kai person made him realize that they had probably been very close. Perhaps married, fiancees, or at the very least lovers of some sort. Feeling he should do something, he placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze before taking it back. "I take it you and Kai were close?" he asked, not really needing confirmation. "I'm sorry for your loss. If you ever need somebody to talk with...let me know." he offered, knowing that he couldn't do much but wanting to do what he could for her. Kieran hated seeing people hurting if he could in any way help make it less.

Her question had him smiling and he nodded in confirmation. "Back at Hogwarts I did, yeah. Haven't played much since as I keep fairly busy with work, but I enjoy flying for fun when I get the chance." Kieran explained.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Adaline blinked her eyes at the male before she grinned wearily. "Call me Adaline, Miss Harris makes me feel as if I'm still at Hogwarts and a Professor is about to give me detention." She didn't mind being called Miss Harris in a professional setting but like this it was just too much. "I'm fine... just reminiscing..." She murmured softly as she eyed the brooms all over the place.

Her blush receded a bit but the soft flush of color did stay. "I'm not that good myself." She cleared her throat with a giggle. She rarely sang or hummed but when she did her kids were always ready to sit and listen to her sing some songs and lullabies for them.

"Our relationship didn't start out in the normal sense." The brunette chuckled softly if a bit sadly. "I fell pregnant with my first child, Silas, after Kai and I had a fling in my sixth year at Hogwarts. I had no expectation's of him accepting the child but I figured he should at least know... Our relationship started from that mainly, at first Kai was with me just for Silas but over time we fell in love... I did at least... He proposed to me two years ago, when I was pregnant with our second child, Eliza, but before we could even marry he died... A quidditch accident." She explained and truthfully she felt much better then she had in a long time.

"I love flying myself." She hummed softly as she ran her hand over the smooth handle of the broom. "It had been a while though..."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 5:10 pm

Kieran blushed and nodded when she told him to call her Adaline instead of Miss Harris. The way she talked though made it sound like detention was a regular thing during her school years. "Alright Adaline. But tell me, did you have detention a lot? You sound like on who's speaking from experience." he commented, curious to hear if she was a troublemaker. He wasn't much of on himself but he knew they always had the most interesting stories. "Okay." he said, when she told him it was just reminiscing. Personally he thought she still looked kind of sad, and he just wished he knew how to help.

Upon hearing her say she wasn't that good herself he shook his head. "From what I heard I beg to differ. Although I'd have to hear you sing proper instead of just humming to give a final judgement on the matter." he said with a wink. Perhaps if they became friends they could to a muggle karaoke bar or something. Kieran would have to sing too, but he thought it might still be fun. "Have you ever been to a muggle karaoke bar? It's a place where they have a huge list of songs and you sign up to sing one, and you can get drinks or food. If you want, maybe we could go to one sometime?" he asked, hardly believing he was basically asking the girl out after only just meeting her.

Kieran listened when she told him about Kai, smiling sadly. It was terrible that he was gone, but at least she had two kids with him. He'd always wanted children himself, but just hadn't found anybody that he would want to settle down with yet. "I'm sorry. So I assume you have people who help take care of the kids when you're busy?" he asked. "That must be a lot for a single mom to deal with."

When he heard her talking about loving flying but it having been a while he shook his head. "Well we will have to fix that then. I have a spare broom at my place if you don't have one of your own. We should go flying together." he suggested with a wide smile.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Adaline grinned sheepishly at his words and rubbed the back of her head, her cheeks flushing a dark red as she answered his question. "Guilty as charged. Ever since I could remember I've been receiving detentions but my grades never suffered, thank Merlin, so the Professors were a bit lenient with me." She could still remember the amount of detentions she had received as a Hogwarts student when she was still there and she was quite sure that many of them still remembered those days fondly just like she did.

"Well if we can I suppose we can go to Karaoke so you can check if I do sing just as good as I hum." She said cheekily with a grin on her lips as she thought on how good it was to talk to someone without wallowing in self-pity on not having Kai there anymore. "I've been to quite a few karaoke bars so yeah, I know what they are." She had been a kid when her brother took her to one though she never dared to go on stage and sing herself.

"Oh yes! I have my family and Kai's parent's helping me.. I don't think I will be able to deprive his family of their grandchildren and they are amazing. They always tell me to stop mourning him as that's not what he would've wanted of me." She said fondly, her eyes misting over slightly before she smiled at Kieran. "It's hard being a single mom but I love my kids and I don't think I would be able to give them up or anything... And I do have help from Victoria as well when it comes to the children."

"I'd love to!" She beamed at the other male, for once thinking that maybe flying wouldn't bring her bad memories if she was doing it with someone.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Kieran grinned widely when he saw her blushing and rubbing the back of her head, knowing he'd hit the nail on the head with his guess. His time in school had only included one detention, and that was only because he'd lost track of time studying and was late walking back to the Ravenclaw dormitories. It had only happened the once, and after that he mad sure to set an alarm on his watch to give him the proper amount of time to get back. "Only had detention once myself, but I was the good little nerd during school. You have to tell me a good story about one of the times you got caught, though." he said, really curious as to what her troublemaker side was like.

Slightly surprised when she actually agreed, he nodded and thought about when they could go. "Awesome. Sadly, I'm leaving soon for my next trip with work, but when we get back I'll send you an owl and we can set up our date." Kieran told her, before realizing he'd never actually asked if it could be a date and not just two friends hanging out, blushing brightly. "Umm, is it okay if we call it a date? I mean, I've been wanting to ask you out but if you're not comfortable with that it doesn't have to be." he said, inwardly cursing himself for how awkward he could be sometimes.

Kieran felt a little relieved when she explained that she had family helping her as well as Victoria, who he assumed was a best friend. Raising a kid on your own couldn't be easy at the best of times, and especially not when part of you was still trying to get over the death of your lover. "That's good, I'm glad they're all so supportive." he said, smiling back just a little as he spotted her tears. Moving over he gave her a gentle hug, not caring if she cried a little on his shirt. "Easy there Adaline, it's okay." he told her quietly.

Her enthusiasm made him laugh, and he figured they could either do it the same day as the karaoke thing or set up another time. "We'll have to make it happen, then." he told her with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing and free time {Open}   Reminiscing and free time {Open} Empty

Back to top Go down

Reminiscing and free time {Open}
Page 1 of 1