Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 10:07 am

Daniel was quite impressed with the turn out of today's lesson. It seemed like the students were really up for the classes this year, for which he was most grateful. Greeting each student that arrived to the class with a soft hello in return, Daniel waited for the flow of students to slow down before he started.

"Good morning everyone!" He greeted them all with a warm smile before going back to the question from the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor. "I would say that, in this instance, the Hogwarts grapevine has been good to you. We will be looking at Bowtruckles today, yes." He acknowledged, before turning his attention to the Gryffindor - a first year, he was sure.

"I'm glad you are enjoying the day. And I hope you take the caring of the creatures seriously." Daniel responded. He would not tolerate any foolishness when it could affect the health of any animals, and there would not be a warning for foolishness. Just a one way ticket to detention.

"So, as Carlotta has told you all, we will be today looking at Bowtruckles. Now, who knows anything about Bowtruckles?" He asked, looking around to see what the class would know about the creatures.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 7:01 pm

As his fellow Gryffindor said that she was okay - just a little cold, Max gave her a small smile. "Okay, but be honest! I don't want you to be in pain!" The boy replied to her genuinely. In Max's mind they were already good friends, and he wouldn't want one of his friends to be in any pain, if they could help it.

The question about hanging out made Max consider - only very, very briefly - before responding. "Of course! That sounds awesome, I'm free! I don't think I have homework, but I'm not very good at keeping track of that... But, yes, I'd really like that!" Max told her warmly, he definitely did want to spend some more time with Prim, she was cool. And he had promised to show her the Bowtruckles - even if Professor Jameson was about to beat him to that.

More people arrived - mostly those that Max didn't know, so he simply waited (impatiently) for the professor to begin the classes. And, much to Max's relief, that turned out to not be too long after he'd finished making plans with Prim. The question that was presented was an easy one, and Max jumped straight in.

"The Bowtruckle is a creature that looks like a stick - but obviously isn't just a stick! They're tree guardians - not very big in size, but still rather fierce. THey will attack people who try to get close to their trees - unless they know the person, and trust them. Though, it's not just humans they will attack. They live in... Britain, for sure... and I think Germany... They eat woodlice or fairy eggs, but in my experience, they prefer the woodlice more. It's more natural to their environment." Max explained, rapid fire and with not nearly enough breaths. "But, mostly, most people think they're boring creatures, but I think they're amazing!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 8:38 pm

"I wouldn't dare lie to you. Max." Prim reassured her fellow Gryffindor with a soft smile upon her lips as she chuckled at his worries; it felt nice to actually have someone worry about her but it also made her feel bad as she didn't want to worry Max.

"Great!" She grinned before she grabbed a hold of Max's forearm, a grimace on her face, her knee was already giving her trouble and she had no plan on tumbling down to the ground anytime soon. "After lessons how about we meet at the Common Room first before going somewhere?" She suggested, her head tilted to the side, studiously ignoring the twinges and burning; they would go away soon enough.

Soft giggles escaped her lips when Max started going on about the Bowtruckles; it was cute the way he was just so animated about the small creatures and truthfully Prim couldn't fault him for that. The creatures may be small but they were cute that even Prim wouldn't mind having one.

"They can also be found in certain Scandinavian Forests." She piped up after Max had finished his own little rant. "Also should a Bowtruckle live in a tree that a witch or wizard want to use as the wood of their wand, they can offer it woodlice which will placate it long enough to actually remove wand-wood from the tree."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Daniel was not in the slightest bit surprised by the person who had answered his question to the class. After all, the boy who had been spending time with the Bowtruckles (without direct consent from the school) should know much more than many of his peers. Regardless, Daniel couldn't help but smile as the boy went on with unfaltering enthusiasm for the beasts.

As Max finished, Primrose continued, and Daniel nodded along with the facts she added to the male's answer. Both, it seemed, knew their stuff when it came to Bowtruckles.

"Well done, both of you, you've correctly explained the creatures - in quite good detail - to the rest of the class. Five points, each, to Gryffindor!" He told them both, making sure to encourage the participation of students with rewards for their efforts. "So, today, you will all be able to meet with a Bowtruckle. I have fairy eggs and woodlice - dead ones before anyone gets squeamish - for you to feed to the Bowtruckles. Please treat them with respect, and they will more than likely be open to making friends with you.

"You can work in pairs, or on your own, I don't mind." Daniel concluded, waving them off to the nearby tree which was the home to the Bowtruckles.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Prim beamed at the Headmaster when he praised them on their correct answers and even gave them points. She was glad she had read up on Bowtruckles before hand and that Max had mentioned them in passing when they had first met. It hadn't been hard to see why the other Gryffindo enjoyed the creatures so much.

The moment she heard they could work in pairs, Prim turned to look at Max and widened her eyes just a tiny bit to give him the puppy-eyed look, a small pout upon her lips. "Pair up with me?" She asked her friend, not above using her cute features to get her way though she had a feeling that even without her using the puppy-eyed look Max would work with her. There weren't that many people in their class and Prim would rather work with someone she knew and not someone she did not know.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 3:33 am

Elleon made his way to Care of Magical Creatures, his steps slow and his heart pounding a hundred miles an hour. Care of Magical Creatures was his favourite class, and yet, he found himself apprehensive of it. Would he be able to keep up with the rest of the class? Would he be able to understand anything that was said? Would he find himself the laughing stock of the whole school for having to repeat a year? He heard that another student had to repeat the year as well, but that didn't make him feel that much better.

Perhaps he'd come to rely to much on Jelena for interpretations. Sure, he was happy his sister moved on to the next year, but he couldn't help but feel naked without his security blanket. At least this would give him practice living in a Hearing world. He had to be able to live on his own someday, right?

He arrived at the Forest and tried to place himself near the front so he could keep Professor Jameson in his view. He would miss what all the rest of the students were saying - unless of course, he turned around to look at them - but he decided Professor Jameson's words were more important.

When the professor began the class, Elleon trained his eyes on the man. Bow...truck.... He wrecked his mind, trying to come up with the rest of the word while searching his brain for what he'd read in his textbook. Bowtruckle!. A small triumphant smile graced his lips at having figured out the word. Then Professor Jameson stopped talking and Elleon gathered that another student was giving an answer. Trying not to look obvious, he turned around and scanned the crowd, eyes zeroing in on a Gryffindor boy whose lips were moving. St..ste? no, sta, no, sti? stick?...tree..attack..person..humans..live..Britain..eat wood-...eggs..natural. While his brain worked to fill in the gaps, his eyes once again roved the crowd, landing on another Gryffindor. He went through the same process, recognising some words and missing others, then filling in the gaps he'd missed.

When finally he couldn't find anyone else speaking, he turned again to face the professor. There was that word again wood-something. The professor waved to the tree and Elleon made his way there, eyes landing on some fairy eggs and oh...woodlice! That's what it was. He committed the mouth shape to memory, forming his lips in the same manner as he picked up a small handful and approached a Bowtruckle. Very very carefully, he fed some to the plantlike animal, smiling softly as it devoured the woodlice.

"Hi there," he whispered in his thick voice. "You like this, don't you?" Elleon fed the Bowtruckle more, talking to it softly so that not many would hear him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 12:33 pm

As Prim assured him that she wouldn't lie, Max smiled. "I just meant if it does hurt, tell someone. Don't pretend it's okay. Not that you'd lie... Just don't be in pain." Max tried to explain more clearly, but he didn't think he was getting there with what he was trying to say anyway, so he gave up.

With Prim's arm reaching out to him, Max half turned and supported her, making sure she was okay and not about to fall over, or something. The question about meeting up made Max nod his head. "Sure, that's fine. Probably easier!" Max insisted before he turned to answer the professor.

He couldn't help the smile that touched his lips at the sound of Primrose giggling beside him. He wasn't one hundred percent sure why she was giggling, but giggles were a beautiful sound. Max liked it. A lot.

As Prim added to his answer, Max cringed at forgetting those things. He should have known those things, but Max had still given a good answer. Which was reflected by the fact they were given points for their house. Beaming at that information, Max listened as they were told what they needed to do. It was easy enough, but Max could at least, maybe, show Prim his Bowtruckle, Buckle.

"Like I was going to pick anyone else!" Max joked, helping Prim to the tree by offering his arm for her to lean on. "Come on, though, we might be able to find Buckle. Though I doubt he'll be overly confident coming out with so many of us about. Probably best to find him later. But I might be wrong. Are you okay with touching woodlice? I know some people don't like touching insects, but I'm totally okay with doing it if you're not. You can just see the creatures!" Max explained, grabbing a tub of woodlice on the way and picking up the woodlice as if it was nothing.

Holding them out towards the nearest tree, Max waited for one of the Bowtruckles to move closer. His excitement was growing, as it always did at the prospect of meeting some of the creatures. His eyes were, for once, quite focused on a single object. Max was, quite honestly, captivated by the small creatures. And very few things would ever get past that.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 11:44 am

Elenore simply allowed a small smile when they were told that thy would be looking at Bowtruckles today. Whilst not the most exciting animals that could have been chosen to care for, Elenore appreciated not being faced with something truly dangerous on their first lesson. As many of the other students hurried up to see the beasts, Elenore followed after them a little more slowly, collecting the small box of Fairy Eggs on the way, and going to the quieter part of the tree to see the Bowtruckles.

A smaller Bowtruckle seemed to want to join her in that moment, and Elenore felt glad. Many people seemed to avoid her, except of course Cara, and Hogwarts was a very ruthless community when it wanted to be. Whilst outwardly Elenore didn't care for others, she did often crave a few more people's attention. She wouldn't say friendship, but someone to be there.

"Ici vous allez, petit..." Elenore cooed the small creature, holding up one of the fairy eggs for the small beast to take. Up close, Bowtruckles were very cute, but Elenore couldn't find herself wanting for one.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 10:56 am

Daniel watched as the students moved to work. Some working together, others opting to work alone. Not that it mattered either way, there was no right way to caring for the beasts, after all. Directions weren't really needed for any of the students, so Daniel just supervised from a distance.

As the minutes ticked by, Daniel checked his watch to find that their hour was almost up. Allowing the last few Bowtruckles to be given a woodlouse or two, Daniel clapped his hands together to get the attention of everyone once again.

"Okay everyone, I hope you've enjoyed the lesson today. The Bowtruckles, as you can see, can be quite soft, tame creatures. But please, never underestimate their power. If not respected, they can be quite dangerous little fellows." Daniel insisted, making sure no one would leave here without fair warning. "Homework is to write up the key facts on the Bowtruckle, before answering the simple question - would a Bowtruckle make a good pet?" Daniel explained, looking towards one Gryffindor boy in particular. "Please bring them with you next lesson. Until then, have fun with your other studies."

Waving them off, Daniel turned to pick up the extra boxes of woodlice and eggs, saving them for another day.

Class closed.

House Points
Eli De Santis = 10 points for attendance
Maximillian Hollingberry = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answer + 5 points for participation = 20 points.
Primrose Seele = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answer + 5 points for participation = 20 points.
Severine Charlot = 10 points for attendance

Elenore Clement = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for participation = 15 points.
Elleon Caverly = 10 points for attendance + 10 points for participation = 20 points.
Joshua Abbott = 10 points for attendance

Carlotta De Santis = 10 points for attendance
Emily MacDonald = 10 points for attendance

TOTAL:
Gryffindor: 60
Hufflepuff: 45
Ravenclaw: 20
Slytherin: 0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Care of Magical Creatures - Lesson One (All Years)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2