Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) Empty
PostSubject: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:59 am

Prim had always wondered about who her family was and whether she did have any family at all. Was she a muggleborn like most people thought or was she just an abandoned half-blood or pureblood by her parents? She didn't actually think she would find out who her family was, at least not in such an awkward way that she was going to find out.

She had been just making her way towards the couches in front of the fireplace when she saw it; a fairly thick book with a nondescript cover, only bearing the image of some coat of arms with the words 'Fortes Fortuna Juvat', on a black background.

"Fortune favours the bold... huh?" Prim hummed softly, the latin words no problem for her to translate. The languages had been her passion and learning Latin, along with Greek, German and French, was something she did in her free time.

Feeling curious about what the book really was, the brunette flipped it open and the first thing she came across was the name of who the book belonged to.

James Byrne

"..Isn't he a third year?" She muttered before shrugging and quickly flicking through the book to see what it was. Her brow was arched as she flipped through the pages, the Latin words all jumping out at her before she closed it. "Better hand it back to its owner."

Despite being in the Magical World for four years already, Prim had no idea that normally books from certain families, Pureblood families, had magick's on them that made them impossible to touch by anyone but their blood descendants and yet here she was standing, holding a thick tome that she had also opened up without any repercussions.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:29 pm

James hadn't realised it yet, but he had misplaced his family book. He had been flicking through it late the night before, just seeing what it was about. He had been given the book at the beginning of the year from his father- another perk that came from being the eldest son, a lot of family heirlooms were passed to you before any other sibling.

Though he had quickly bored of it, and placed it on the floor, in favour of playing gobstones with a few mates (who had been curious at first, and bored as he had). They had made their way to bed and James had forgotten about it to be honest.

That was until he happened to walk into the Gryffindor common room, seeing a good-looking blonde girl (who he thought might have been in the year above) flicking through his book (though at the time, he didn't realise it was his of course- his book could only be opened by his family).

It was almost second nature- see an attractive girl, flirt a bit, and see where it goes. Of course, being thirteen- his flirting wasn't entirely good- but it was better than others in his grade.

He decided to approach her, with an air of confidence, a smirk playing at his lips- and to just go for it. Humour- definitely a good option.

"You know," he said, "if you were a dementor, I'd become a criminal just to get your kiss,".
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:37 pm

The book felt warm in Prim's hands and she took care to not drop it as she was quite sure that it was fairly important; after all such thick books with nothing but a coat of arms on them must be important to at least whoever had it. She stroked the spine of the book as she stood there before blinking her eyes when she had been approached by a guy.

One that Prim recognised straight of as being the one whose book she was holding. Just as she was about to open her lips and say something about finding his book, she had been flirted with. Badly flirted with. Choking in shock, she stared at the thirteen year old before arching an unimpressed brow and saying drolly.

"Thank Merlin that you're not a criminal then. The Dementors would probably get indigestion from you." She felt her lips twitch though. The flirting attempt was bad but it was amusing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 11:19 am

"Ouch," he chuckled "If anything I'd be a soothing relief, like heart burn medication," his chuckled turned awkward when he realised what he had just said. He literally just compared himself to heartburn medication. Yep, that definitely needed work. He fell silent for a bit, trying to think of a way to change the topic, maybe redeem himself a little bit (though who was he kidding? Who ever came back from bloody heart burn medication?)

He sighed a bit, just thankful that there didn't seem to be anybody else around to hear what he had just said. He then noticed the book in her hand. Oh thank god, a change of subject "So, you're a reader?" he asked. Yes, he saw the book. Did he realise it was his exactly? No. Sure, it looked similar, but how on earth would she be holding it open? The only thought that occurred to him was merely the similarity to his own book.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 12:34 pm

A soft chuckle escaped the brunette's lips as she stared at the boy, her lips twitching in amused as she realized, at the same time he did, that he compared himself to heartburn medication. "I won't agree or disagree to that." She teased the boy as she wondered just why he was trying that hard hard to flirt. He still had time but then again Prim was no boy so she had no idea what went through their heads at puberty.

At the question of being a reader, she blinked her eyes and stared at the book in her hands before grinning wryly. "I am but I believe this book is yours Mr James Byrne." She held it out to the boy, still not fully aware of the fact that the book would only accept a blood Byrne. The Wizarding World was still a mystery to her after all and most of it she spent at Hogwarts and not anywhere else.

"That's your name on the inside of the cover isn't it?" She asked as she flipped it open to where the boy's name was.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 1:16 pm

When she stated that the book that she was holding-open- was his, a look of puzzlement spread over his face. He took hold of the book and flipped the cover closed, clearly seeing his family's coat of arms. He flipped it open again and saw his name scribbled on the inside of the cover.

He looked back up at her, and down at the book "How-?" he looked at her in confusion "How did you open it? You shouldn't be able to..." he closed the book. His father had told him that only a Byrne, one by blood only, would be able to open it- and he'd even tested the theory by asking a few of his friends to try, with no success.

And to his knowledge, there were no other blood Byrnes besides his father, Anthony and Florence...

Unless there was something that his father wasn't telling him...

"You're not a Byrne," he added absently, as his mind went through what it could mean. Or was she? Perhaps his father had some dirty little secret that he'd managed to keep hidden all these years. The magic on that book was strong, no doubt about that. It was the only plausible explanation...

And that's when it hit him.

His eyes widened with the realisation- the only explanation- he blushed bright red "Shit," he murmured under his breath, unsure of what else to say. For once, he was truly at a loss for words.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 2:30 pm

Prim blinked her eyes at James, her head tilted to the side as she watched him. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she listened to him. What was he on about? She shouldn't be able to open the book? It was a normal book wasn't it?

"Ummmm... what are you on about?" She asked with a frown on her lips; she was very confused about his reaction and even more confused about what he was saying.

"A Byrne?" She blinked her eyes. "Of course I'm not a Byrne.." Truthfully she had no idea. All she knew was that she had been abandoned as a toddler at the orphanage and she had been there ever since. She only knew her name and the surname that had been given to her by the matron at the orphanage.

"I'm Prim. Prim Seele." She introduced herself, her lips still pulled into a frown as she eyed his suddenly bright red face.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 3:58 pm

"Well Prim Seele," he replied "I've got news for you," oh man he felt like an idiot- really and truly. But he couldn't've known- he had to remember that. Well, more like he needed to remember that- it would help with him not feeling awkward about attempting to engage in flirting with a relative.

"This book," he held it up for her to see "has an enchantment or spell or something on it. Basically, it can only be opened by people related by blood on my dad's side," he explained "So, unless- and I'm really, really hoping this is the case- you managed to lift the enchantment, then you've just discovered a new family member," he chuckled awkwardly and shuffled his feet a bit.

He let out a sigh "... And this just got incredibly awkward, because it means that dad got busy before he got married..." he ran a hand through his hair, thoroughly embarrassed by the whole predicament.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Prim stared blankly at James, her lips parted open in shock and her eyes wide as well. She hoped that the boy was joking but from his awkward shuffling and just as equally awkward explanation Prim knew that he meant every word.

"...An enchantment or spell on it so that only blood relatives can open the book?" She repeated his words and blinked her eyes a couple of times, her mind working a mile a minute at those words. There really were some weird things magic could do and with that thought her mind went back into overdrive.

"I'm only fourteen, it will be impossible for me to lift such an advanced enchantment." She said automatically before spluttering at his words. "A family... I have a freaking family... That... can't be true... can it?"

The poor girl had no idea what to think or do. If what James was saying was true, and she had no reason to not believe him -his awkward explanation's and fidgeting made it obvious that he was saying the truth- then it meant that she did, in actual fact, have a family. A family who either a) didn't know about her or b) didn't want her. She dearly hoped it was the first one because then James' reaction would make more sense.

"This... is very awkward and incredibly confusing..." The female frowned as she stared at James; for the first time in her life not actually knowing what she should do or say.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 1:19 pm

He felt himself cringe internally when she stated that there was no wk ay she'd be able to lift the enchantment. The thought that they could be related, and he'd said the literal worst pick-up line ever, made his skin crawl.

"So, um," he tried to think of what to say "I think I might write to my father about this, yeah?" he couldn't think of what else he could do except get answers "Minus the heartburn thing of course," he added hastily.

He went to walk away, pausing and thinking, before turning back to her "Just making sure," he said "I wouldn't've tried anything, or said that stuff if I had known..." he trailed off "And thinking back, now that I'm a bit older and wiser, I'd never actually say that stuff anyway," he tried to make light of the situation, tried to make it slightly less awkward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)   I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim) Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Byrne? (James and Prim)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next