Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) Empty
PostSubject: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 6:14 pm

When Prim heard from some passing by Hufflepuff's that the Black Lake had frozen over so much it was possible to skate on it, the girl had been giddy and had immediately grabbed her ice skates, which she had bought in the Muggle World as a present for herself for her fourteenth, and got dressed in some warm clothes before making her way outside and while it was certainly in the minus' it certainly wasn't as cold as she thought though she knew that the moment she were to get on the frozen lake she would be freezing.

Seeing the glistening lake, Prim knew straight off it was frozen and as she stepped closer to it, she crouched down to press her hand to the freezing ice and put as much pressure as she could to see if the ice was going to give way under her or not. Seeing that it didn't, the brunette was quick to slip her ice-skate's on and slowly step onto the lake, her eyes lit up with happiness as she glided on the freezing surface, her moves fluid but soft, nothing extravagant about it at all.

She was nothing more than a fourteen-year-old enjoying her time off from school Ice Skating on said school's lake.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Dimitri had headed out in to the grounds with a number of Ravenclaws. The tower had grown restless with the falling snow, and the icy expanse outside, and a group of around ten of them had descended down in to the snow. Mostly fifth years, but a group heavily dominated by the fairer sex.

It had started with making a snow man with the girls, and the boys had descended in to a snow ball fight when they had grown bored. Dimitri was winning, he guessed, as more than a few of the group turned on him. Squeals had gone up quite quickly when he'd taken Sarah - a blonde witch in Dimitri's year - to be a human shield, and the witch who cared for her looks had been pelted with snow instead.

She'd retaliated, of course, but Dimitri wasn't too bothered by the snow ball down the back of his coat.

They'd given up shortly after (mostly because Sarah had become too huffy) and made a small camp on the edge of the lake where they'd made a small fire (magical of course) to keep them warm. They'd been content for a while, but then the talk turned in to games, and that was how Dimitri had found himself on the ice. His dare, to run to the middle of the lake, and back, without falling over, or in to the lake beneath him.

Of course, without appropriate footwear Dimitri was more than a liability as he tried to run across the ice. He'd done well, though, for two thirds, but his next step took him careering in to the body of a witch who was simply minding her own business, skating on the ice, and not nearly ready for his antics.

Somehow... perhaps rather fortunately, it was Dimitri's body that hit the ice first, cushioning the younger witch as he held on to her side when he'd tried to catch his balance.

And, of course, there was the unmistakable sound of a crack - now, whether that was the ice, or a bone, Dimitri could not tell, but he knew better than to try to move. "I am, really sorry about that..." Dimitri told the witch, managing to contain his groan of pain just long enough to apologise for his behaviour.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 5:10 pm

When Prim had gone outside that day to skate she hadn't actually expected anyone else to be there so when someone bumped into her, she was naturally startled and let out a fairly loud shriek of surprise as she fell on top of the one that had bumped into her, her eyes wide with fear as she listened to the crack; just like her 'savior' she had no idea if the crack was from a bone or the ice but she really wasn't that willing to find out, at least until she was sure the ice was safe and she wouldn't fall into the freezing cold water.

"It's okay, it's my fault for not actually watching where I'm skating." The brunette said with a forced smile, her brow twitching slightly as if she was holding herself back from saying what she really wanted to say, which was to just huff and scowl at the boy for bumping into her.

She could tell that he had no skates on and that meant he was just walking around the ice in his own shoes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 6:19 pm

The smile he received was forced, oh Dimitri could tell a forced smile when he saw one. Which meant only one thing. He was not in the witch's good books, and that was never a good way to make a start with anyone. "I really am sorry, you know. I was just pratting around." Dimitri insisted, because he didn't believe that she thought him to be serious in that moment.

Shifting slightly, Dimitri winced in pain and laid his head down on the ice with a sigh. "I think that was my shoulder." He murmured, mostly to himself more than the witch above him. "Would you mind..?" The Ravenclaw added, motioning for Prim to get off of him so that he could at least try to get up, and back to the edge.

Looking across to the side of the lake, he could see his friends starting to amalgamate at the edge of the lake, looking on with amusement and calling others over to see the state he'd gotten himself in to. This was not going to end well, Dimitri was sure, for either one of them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Prim was fairly annoyed that she had been broken from her trance of skating out her worries, annoyance and anger that she still felt towards her birth father and the revelation that she had been forced to accept when it was shoved into her face.

"Yes well, pratting around, as you call it, shouldn't be done on the ice." She scowled down at the wizard, her blue eyes lit up with annoyance as she slowly got back onto her feet, thankfully she had practice in getting up after falling down so her rise up was fairly fluent and there was no stuttering or wobbling that one would normally see in a beginner Ice Skater.

Holding her hand out, the witch arched a brow and said. "Getting up on this ice with only shoes on is suicide. You'll trip and injure your shoulder further or worse, break your fucking neck because you decided to be a dick." The Gryffindor stared at the boy below her, holding her hand out and ignoring the calls from the edge of the lake, her brow twitching and her lips pursed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 6:51 pm

As the witch got off of him, Dimitri pushed himself up, feeling the full force of the pain in the back of his shoulder. Grimacing as he got a verbal lashing, the Ravenclaw simply nodded. "Yes, yes, I know, and, of course, you've never done anything stupid, I suppose." Dimitri replied, he was listening, and he'd learnt his lesson, but he really didn't need to be told that he'd been stupid.

The proffered hand, though, was appreciated, and Dimitri took it, making sure to get up carefully as he cradled his left arm in to his stomach. He was definitely going to have to head up to the Hospital Wing when he got off of the ice, but that was a long way off. "Thank you." The Ravenclaw told the witch, shuffling along a lot slower than he'd gotten on to the ice. "Though, I will contest the being a dick, thing. Being stupid, yes... I don't think I was being a dick."

"Dimitri, come on, quit playing house with little Miss Hobble!" One of the other Ravenclaw's called from the side, causing Dimitri's brow to furrow in that moment. Ravenclaws were stereotypically mean, but this didn't mean they couldn't be arses when they wanted to.

"Please ignore them..." Dimitri told the witch by his side. "I'll tell them not to say these things when I get back to them." He insisted, shaking his head at his friends. "Shut up, Derek!" Dimitri called back to the boy on the shore of the lake. Really? Though, until now, Dimitri hadn't realised he'd knocked the kid with the limp off her feet, and now he felt twice as bad.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:03 pm

"I never said I didn't do anything stupid. We all do stupid things from time to time, I just never thought I would meet someone idiotic enough to walk on ice in normal shoes." Prim stared pointedly at Dimitri's feet which were covered in nothing more then just normal shoes that certainly were not suitable for walking on ice.

"You're welcome." She replied as she hauled him up. "I may be a Gryffindor but I'm no bitch though I can be if the time calls for it..." She trailed off before huffing out a soft laugh as she glided alongside the wizard though her entire expression turned frosty as she turned towards the one that called her Miss Hobble and even though she acknowledged Dimitri's words to ignore them she couldn't help but reply to the Ravenclaw that called those words out.

"Miss Hobble?" She drawled out with an arched brow, a sneer appearing on her lips. "Couldn't a Ravenclaw think of something better? I mean you all are supposed to be these smart-alecks with wit yet clearly that seems to have missed you Derek or better yet the hat put you into the wrong house. Maybe you should've been in Slytherin?"

Prim's words were mocking as she said them and even though it didn't hurt her being called that it annoyed her that people who didn't know her dared calling her names.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 11:04 am

Dimitri could only cringe as the witch beside him let loose on Derek. Of course, he deserved it completely, picking on the girl like that because she didn't walk without a limp. But she all but tore him apart for those words. It was an awkward situation, and Derek did not look too happy with her. For a moment, Dimitri thought they might end up underwater with Derek losing his cool and sending some kind of spell towards them.

But, after sticking his middle finger up at the girl on the ice, Derek turned back to his friends and the group moved off towards the castle. Seemingly forgotten, Dimitri simply managed to get himself to the side and back on to the bank. Looking after his friends, the Ravenclaw let out a sigh before turning back to the witch.

"I really am sorry. For bumping in to you. And Derek. I don't know what's gotten in to him, in truth." Dimtri told the witch, shaking his head a little. "Are you okay, though? I really, really didn't mean to hit in to you... Oh," The boy continued, holding out his good arm, and hand, to offer a handshake. "I'm Dimitri, by the way. I'm hoping next time we meet, it's not me falling head over heels for you." He joked, because... well, hopefully that would solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Primrose stared coldly at Derek and slowly arched an unimpressed eyebrow at the boy showing her his finger, making her scrunch her nose up and turn her head away with a sniff of derision, not even insulted at that and instead she looked at Dimitri who looked somewhat upset with his friends.

"I'm sorry for just loosing my temper at your friends." The girl said sheepishly as she stepped off the ice herself and took off her ice-skates, her walking shoes being quickly slipped on as the coldness of the ground seeped into her feet. "I'm fine, really... Though my knee might be complaining come tomorrow morning." She laughed softly as if the thought didn't really bother her, and truthfully it didn't; she'd just stay in the common room all day probably anyway.

"I'm Primrose... Or Prim for short." She replied and took his hand, smiling softly. "It's nice to meet you Dimitri."I'm hoping so too." She teased with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 11:18 am

"Oh, no, they deserved it. Don't apologise." Dimitri insisted as he waited for the witch to get off the ice. Rubbing his shoulder gingerly, the Ravenclaw made up his mind that he would indeed need to go and see the school nurse. Which... well, that wasn't too much of an issue, because the school nurse was very, very beautiful.

"Primrose..." Dimitri took the name in with a small nod. It was a nice name, not overly fitting of the tough demeanour of the witch that had just been displayed, but he had only known her for a brief time so far. "I promise it doesn't happen often." He added in respect of the falling at people's feet. Though, this comment probably didn't help him very much.

Looking around awkwardly for something to say to a witch you'd just bowled over, and then had your friends shouting at, Dimitri decided it was probably best to cut this meeting short. "Well, I think I'm going to head up to the Hospital Wing, get my shoulder checked out. I'll... see you around, Prim." The Ravenclaw finished awkwardly, hesitating for a moment, before heading off towards the castle, cradling his left arm and feeling like a right twerp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next