Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
OOC Chatbox
House Points 2022/23

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 2 Registered, 1 Hidden and 3 Guests

Jake Newbury, Joshua Abbott

Most users ever online was 28 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:36 pm
Latest topics
» Moving Day (Scott)
by Joshua Abbott Today at 2:32 pm

» On the Rocks (Open)
by Claybot Alastair Today at 1:59 pm

» CoMC Lesson One: All Years
by Mackenzie Faucette Today at 1:47 pm

» Farfalla Papillon (Julienne's Poetry Blog)
by Julienne Ambrosi Today at 12:58 pm

» Versailles 2004 (Louis)
by Mimosa Harrington Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Lesson One
Ancient Runes (1-3) (4-7)

Charms (1-4) (5-7)

DADA (1-4) (5-7)

Dueling (1-3) (4-7)

Unanswered Open Threads

IC Chatbox

Share | 

A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Birthday : 2003-08-21
Job/hobbies : Violin, Photography, Dancing

PostSubject: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:14 pm

When Prim heard from some passing by Hufflepuff's that the Black Lake had frozen over so much it was possible to skate on it, the girl had been giddy and had immediately grabbed her ice skates, which she had bought in the Muggle World as a present for herself for her fourteenth, and got dressed in some warm clothes before making her way outside and while it was certainly in the minus' it certainly wasn't as cold as she thought though she knew that the moment she were to get on the frozen lake she would be freezing.

Seeing the glistening lake, Prim knew straight off it was frozen and as she stepped closer to it, she crouched down to press her hand to the freezing ice and put as much pressure as she could to see if the ice was going to give way under her or not. Seeing that it didn't, the brunette was quick to slip her ice-skate's on and slowly step onto the lake, her eyes lit up with happiness as she glided on the freezing surface, her moves fluid but soft, nothing extravagant about it at all.

She was nothing more than a fourteen-year-old enjoying her time off from school Ice Skating on said school's lake.

Gryffindor || Profile || In a Relationship with Max

Signature and Avvy credit to Accio! @ TDA
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Birthday : 2005-02-02

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Dimitri had headed out in to the grounds with a number of Ravenclaws. The tower had grown restless with the falling snow, and the icy expanse outside, and a group of around ten of them had descended down in to the snow. Mostly fifth years, but a group heavily dominated by the fairer sex.

It had started with making a snow man with the girls, and the boys had descended in to a snow ball fight when they had grown bored. Dimitri was winning, he guessed, as more than a few of the group turned on him. Squeals had gone up quite quickly when he'd taken Sarah - a blonde witch in Dimitri's year - to be a human shield, and the witch who cared for her looks had been pelted with snow instead.

She'd retaliated, of course, but Dimitri wasn't too bothered by the snow ball down the back of his coat.

They'd given up shortly after (mostly because Sarah had become too huffy) and made a small camp on the edge of the lake where they'd made a small fire (magical of course) to keep them warm. They'd been content for a while, but then the talk turned in to games, and that was how Dimitri had found himself on the ice. His dare, to run to the middle of the lake, and back, without falling over, or in to the lake beneath him.

Of course, without appropriate footwear Dimitri was more than a liability as he tried to run across the ice. He'd done well, though, for two thirds, but his next step took him careering in to the body of a witch who was simply minding her own business, skating on the ice, and not nearly ready for his antics.

Somehow... perhaps rather fortunately, it was Dimitri's body that hit the ice first, cushioning the younger witch as he held on to her side when he'd tried to catch his balance.

And, of course, there was the unmistakable sound of a crack - now, whether that was the ice, or a bone, Dimitri could not tell, but he knew better than to try to move. "I am, really sorry about that..." Dimitri told the witch, managing to contain his groan of pain just long enough to apologise for his behaviour.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
~ Inventive ~ 15 ~ Quirky ~ 5'8" ~ Single ~

Thank you to Megan for my awesome Sig <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:10 pm

When Prim had gone outside that day to skate she hadn't actually expected anyone else to be there so when someone bumped into her, she was naturally startled and let out a fairly loud shriek of surprise as she fell on top of the one that had bumped into her, her eyes wide with fear as she listened to the crack; just like her 'savior' she had no idea if the crack was from a bone or the ice but she really wasn't that willing to find out, at least until she was sure the ice was safe and she wouldn't fall into the freezing cold water.

"It's okay, it's my fault for not actually watching where I'm skating." The brunette said with a forced smile, her brow twitching slightly as if she was holding herself back from saying what she really wanted to say, which was to just huff and scowl at the boy for bumping into her.

She could tell that he had no skates on and that meant he was just walking around the ice in his own shoes.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:19 pm

The smile he received was forced, oh Dimitri could tell a forced smile when he saw one. Which meant only one thing. He was not in the witch's good books, and that was never a good way to make a start with anyone. "I really am sorry, you know. I was just pratting around." Dimitri insisted, because he didn't believe that she thought him to be serious in that moment.

Shifting slightly, Dimitri winced in pain and laid his head down on the ice with a sigh. "I think that was my shoulder." He murmured, mostly to himself more than the witch above him. "Would you mind..?" The Ravenclaw added, motioning for Prim to get off of him so that he could at least try to get up, and back to the edge.

Looking across to the side of the lake, he could see his friends starting to amalgamate at the edge of the lake, looking on with amusement and calling others over to see the state he'd gotten himself in to. This was not going to end well, Dimitri was sure, for either one of them.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Prim was fairly annoyed that she had been broken from her trance of skating out her worries, annoyance and anger that she still felt towards her birth father and the revelation that she had been forced to accept when it was shoved into her face.

"Yes well, pratting around, as you call it, shouldn't be done on the ice." She scowled down at the wizard, her blue eyes lit up with annoyance as she slowly got back onto her feet, thankfully she had practice in getting up after falling down so her rise up was fairly fluent and there was no stuttering or wobbling that one would normally see in a beginner Ice Skater.

Holding her hand out, the witch arched a brow and said. "Getting up on this ice with only shoes on is suicide. You'll trip and injure your shoulder further or worse, break your fucking neck because you decided to be a dick." The Gryffindor stared at the boy below her, holding her hand out and ignoring the calls from the edge of the lake, her brow twitching and her lips pursed.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:51 pm

As the witch got off of him, Dimitri pushed himself up, feeling the full force of the pain in the back of his shoulder. Grimacing as he got a verbal lashing, the Ravenclaw simply nodded. "Yes, yes, I know, and, of course, you've never done anything stupid, I suppose." Dimitri replied, he was listening, and he'd learnt his lesson, but he really didn't need to be told that he'd been stupid.

The proffered hand, though, was appreciated, and Dimitri took it, making sure to get up carefully as he cradled his left arm in to his stomach. He was definitely going to have to head up to the Hospital Wing when he got off of the ice, but that was a long way off. "Thank you." The Ravenclaw told the witch, shuffling along a lot slower than he'd gotten on to the ice. "Though, I will contest the being a dick, thing. Being stupid, yes... I don't think I was being a dick."

"Dimitri, come on, quit playing house with little Miss Hobble!" One of the other Ravenclaw's called from the side, causing Dimitri's brow to furrow in that moment. Ravenclaws were stereotypically mean, but this didn't mean they couldn't be arses when they wanted to.

"Please ignore them..." Dimitri told the witch by his side. "I'll tell them not to say these things when I get back to them." He insisted, shaking his head at his friends. "Shut up, Derek!" Dimitri called back to the boy on the shore of the lake. Really? Though, until now, Dimitri hadn't realised he'd knocked the kid with the limp off her feet, and now he felt twice as bad.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:03 pm

"I never said I didn't do anything stupid. We all do stupid things from time to time, I just never thought I would meet someone idiotic enough to walk on ice in normal shoes." Prim stared pointedly at Dimitri's feet which were covered in nothing more then just normal shoes that certainly were not suitable for walking on ice.

"You're welcome." She replied as she hauled him up. "I may be a Gryffindor but I'm no bitch though I can be if the time calls for it..." She trailed off before huffing out a soft laugh as she glided alongside the wizard though her entire expression turned frosty as she turned towards the one that called her Miss Hobble and even though she acknowledged Dimitri's words to ignore them she couldn't help but reply to the Ravenclaw that called those words out.

"Miss Hobble?" She drawled out with an arched brow, a sneer appearing on her lips. "Couldn't a Ravenclaw think of something better? I mean you all are supposed to be these smart-alecks with wit yet clearly that seems to have missed you Derek or better yet the hat put you into the wrong house. Maybe you should've been in Slytherin?"

Prim's words were mocking as she said them and even though it didn't hurt her being called that it annoyed her that people who didn't know her dared calling her names.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:04 am

Dimitri could only cringe as the witch beside him let loose on Derek. Of course, he deserved it completely, picking on the girl like that because she didn't walk without a limp. But she all but tore him apart for those words. It was an awkward situation, and Derek did not look too happy with her. For a moment, Dimitri thought they might end up underwater with Derek losing his cool and sending some kind of spell towards them.

But, after sticking his middle finger up at the girl on the ice, Derek turned back to his friends and the group moved off towards the castle. Seemingly forgotten, Dimitri simply managed to get himself to the side and back on to the bank. Looking after his friends, the Ravenclaw let out a sigh before turning back to the witch.

"I really am sorry. For bumping in to you. And Derek. I don't know what's gotten in to him, in truth." Dimtri told the witch, shaking his head a little. "Are you okay, though? I really, really didn't mean to hit in to you... Oh," The boy continued, holding out his good arm, and hand, to offer a handshake. "I'm Dimitri, by the way. I'm hoping next time we meet, it's not me falling head over heels for you." He joked, because... well, hopefully that would solve the problem.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Primrose stared coldly at Derek and slowly arched an unimpressed eyebrow at the boy showing her his finger, making her scrunch her nose up and turn her head away with a sniff of derision, not even insulted at that and instead she looked at Dimitri who looked somewhat upset with his friends.

"I'm sorry for just loosing my temper at your friends." The girl said sheepishly as she stepped off the ice herself and took off her ice-skates, her walking shoes being quickly slipped on as the coldness of the ground seeped into her feet. "I'm fine, really... Though my knee might be complaining come tomorrow morning." She laughed softly as if the thought didn't really bother her, and truthfully it didn't; she'd just stay in the common room all day probably anyway.

"I'm Primrose... Or Prim for short." She replied and took his hand, smiling softly. "It's nice to meet you Dimitri."I'm hoping so too." She teased with a chuckle.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:18 am

"Oh, no, they deserved it. Don't apologise." Dimitri insisted as he waited for the witch to get off the ice. Rubbing his shoulder gingerly, the Ravenclaw made up his mind that he would indeed need to go and see the school nurse. Which... well, that wasn't too much of an issue, because the school nurse was very, very beautiful.

"Primrose..." Dimitri took the name in with a small nod. It was a nice name, not overly fitting of the tough demeanour of the witch that had just been displayed, but he had only known her for a brief time so far. "I promise it doesn't happen often." He added in respect of the falling at people's feet. Though, this comment probably didn't help him very much.

Looking around awkwardly for something to say to a witch you'd just bowled over, and then had your friends shouting at, Dimitri decided it was probably best to cut this meeting short. "Well, I think I'm going to head up to the Hospital Wing, get my shoulder checked out. I'll... see you around, Prim." The Ravenclaw finished awkwardly, hesitating for a moment, before heading off towards the castle, cradling his left arm and feeling like a right twerp.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:48 pm

"Still, I don't want you to be in trouble with your friends for what I did." Prim said sheepishly and with an apologetic smile upon her lips as she watched Dimitri rub his shoulder. The girl was quite aware that injuries to the shoulder could get quite serious but as she looked at Dimitri she was quite sure she didn't even have to tell the other male to go to the nurse.

"Do, I don't doubt it." The Gryffindor snickered as she pulled her hair out of her ponytail and ruffled it to let her head get some relief from the tight band that was slowly making a headache appear behind her temples.

"You better get that shoulder checked out, you could get a serious injury if you ignore it." The Gryffindor said with worry coating her words; she played Quidditch so she knew perfectly well that injuries like that could get serious quickly, no matter how it happened.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:52 pm

"Honestly, no trouble. He was being a douche." Dimitri insisted, because her worries were completely unfounded and he was not afraid of telling his friends that they had been unnecessarily mean to someone who did not deserve it.

"Would it be impertinent of me to ask you if you'd accompany me to the Hospital Wing? I mean, I know it's my fault, but you did scare my friends off. And I'd rather have some company than be up there on my own..." Dimitiri asked, giving a shrug of his shoulders and wincing. "Then..." He continued, gritting his teeth a little. "Maybe we can decide on something I can do to make it up to you for ruining your ice skating session?" He proposed.

Whether this would work, only Merlin knew, but it couldn't hurt to ask, now, could it?

"Oh-" Dimitri paused, moving off to get his bag, before coming back to Prim. "I have chocolate, too, if my company wasn't a good enough excuse to come to the Hospital Wing, I'll share my chocolate with you if you come up with me." He offered, knowing very well that this was bribery, but it had to help his cause, right?

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:48 am

"If you say so." Prim said dubiously but at the insistence of Dimitri she let it go, knowing well that Dimitri knew his friends better than she did and well if they had any problems with Dimitri then they weren't his friends, not really.

"I won't mind going with you." She reassured him with a soft smile on her lips as she started her trek with the Ravenclaw, making sure to keep a critical eye on the boy so that he didn't jostle his shoulder too much, many people took shoulder injuries lightly and didn't know that if they didn't get it checked out it could lead to problems in the future. "You didn't ruin my ice skating session." She reassured. "But I wouldn't mind if you took me to Hogsmeade over the weekend so I can buy some new ice skates." She grinned at the other male; she had some money saved up so she was willing to use it on a pair of new ice skates.

"Bribing me?" She questioned with a teasing smile. "No need to bribe me, I'm coming with you... But I'll take the chocolate." She held her hand out and wriggled her fingers in amusement.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:48 pm

"Great, thank you." Dimitri replied kindly to Primrose accepting his plea for her company in the Hospital Wing. Especially if he was going to be stuck there for a short while, company would be nice.

The compromise for him making it up to Primrose made him smile. It sounded something like a date - something Dimitri hadn't had for a while - and he was quite excited. "Deal, I need to pick up a few things anyway. We can make a day of it, if you'd like?" Dimitri offered, though he didn't know if that much would be pushing his luck a little bit in that moment.

Her acceptance of the chocolate brought a soft laugh from Dimitri as he handed her the bag. "Help yourself. It's Honeydukes, so it tastes good." The Ravenclaw explained, because he was not a fan of the cheap kind of chocolate.

"So, where's your boyfriend today... Marc? Or something? The one that likes the animals?" Dimitri asked - he genuinely believed that they were together, and there was a rumour going around the school about the pair. Dimitri figured there must be some truth in there, so there was no harm in asking.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:48 pm

"You're welcome." The smile on Prim's lips was soft. Prim rarely felt the need to walk with someone to the Hospital Wing but Dimitri was proving to be good company so the Gryffindor didn't mind accompanying the Ravenclaw; the offer of chocolate notwithstanding.

"As long as you provide the dinner afterwards we can call it a date." The brunette teased her newest friend with a soft flush upon her cheeks that could be written off as a flush from the cold. She didn't want a boyfriend just yet, she was still much too immature to settle down with one guy, but Dimtri was a fairly hot guy and Prim did have eyes so scooping out potential boyfriends was certainly a must and Dimitri did rank in the top five guys she'd be willing to date -Dimitri was at number two at the moment-.

"Of course Honeydukes tastes good. They always have a good selection of chocolates." The brunette agreed; she loved expensive chocolate because most of the time it tasted better than the cheap chocolate but Honeydukes proved to be a wealth of cheap chocolates that taste nice.

"Max?" Prim blinked her eyes before she burst into soft giggles and shook her head. "Max isn't my boyfriend, he's a very good friend, my best friend. He's pretty much like a brother to me." She explained with an indulgent smile on her lips as she thought on her fellow Gryffindor; Max really was like a brother to her and she loved him to bits. Not to mention, the amount of times she was worried because of him clearly showed that he wasn't boyfriend material, at least not to her.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:04 pm

"A date?" Dimitri echoed with a small laugh. "My, my, Prim, you know how to move quick, huh?" He teased lightly. "Fine, I'll buy you dinner. We'll call it a date. But, for the record, you asked me, so don't go making me out to be some kind of skittish guy who asked you in a second to go on a date." He said, chuckling a little. "Not that I wouldn't want to ask you. I was just gonna build up to it."

"Mmm, they definitely do. But only their finer range. I don't like the run of the mill chocolate they do. This is the more expensive range that most of the kids in the school don't know about." Dimitri told her, handing her some chocolate. "If you suck it, or let it melt, you can taste the smoother blend of the chocolate. Rather than it being... well, I don't know how else to describe it... maybe a bit powdery..?" Dimitri tried to explain, though he wasn't quite sure that was the right way to explain.

"Max." Dimitri echoed the witch, making note. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" He replied, flushing at the mistake he'd just made. "Everyone... well, the rumours were... are, that you two are dating. My mistake!" The Ravenclaw felt very awkward right about now. "So, you're single then, I take it?" Dimitri amended, just trying to ease the conversation back in to safer waters.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Prim laughed softly at that and grinned, her eyes literally shining in amusement at the Ravenclaw's words; she would never say anything that Dimitri was a skittish guy, she wasn't that bad of a person. In truth all she would say was that Dimitri was the charming guy with whom she enjoyed her date with. "You were being too slow then." She teased with a soft chuckle.

"True." She conceded the point of that and nodded her head, agreeing with Dimitri that Honeydukes finer chocolate was much better than anything else. "Their finer chocolates are certainly better than anything else but most people don't have the money for it." She replied with a grin upon her lips.

She blinked her eyes and took the chocolate, following Dimitri's instructions on letting the chocolate melt on her tongue. She didn't think it would do much but as she sucked on it and let it melt she was treated to the taste of the smooth blend of the chocolate. "Mmm, it's nice." She agreed with a nod of her head.

"It's okay, I'm not really surprised people make that assumption." She revealed with a soft laugh. "We do act like it don't we? But no, we are just friends. Though if you do want to label it something it's more like siblings." She hummed before nodding her head to his question. "Yep, I'm single."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Dimitri couldn't help but let out a little laugh at the notion of being too slow. "Possibly my biggest fault when it comes to women." Dimitri replied. It harbored some truth, those words, but the Ravenclaw simply joked it off, not wanting the witch to feel bad.

"Most people can't..." Dimitri agreed, leaving the message that he could afford the chocolate floating in the space of unsaid things. He wasn't trying to show off, per se, because you didn't need to do such things, but he did want her to know that he wasn't some cheap kind of guy who couldn't afford the finer things in life. Even if, in this case, they were only talking about chocolate.

"You're welcome." Dimitri replied as Primrose agreed with his statement. It might be a slightly weird suggestion - sucking chocolate rather than chewing it, but for Dimitri, this meant the flavour really came out.

The explanation of what was going on between Primrose and Max cleared a lot of things up, and Dimitri was quite glad. From what he'd seen of the Gryffindor boy, he was a bit weird. Though, of course, you couldn't judge a book by its cover. "Well, that makes this much easier to explain, then!" Dimitri said with a sigh as they got to the doors of the castle, pushing it open, and holding it for the witch, Dimitri followed after the witch.

"So, tell me some more things about you. You're single. You're not dating Max. You like ice skating. And sucking chocolate." He listed, smirking a little at the last one because that was just somewhat amusing. "What else is there to know about you, Prim?" He insisted, starting up the stairs.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:00 pm

"Well I think it's cute." Prim teased with a soft laugh as she hobbled next to him, grimacing slightly in pain but otherwise she was okay; her knee was just being more out of it than any other day. "The put-out expression guys get on their faces when a girl asks them out because they were too slow when confessing." She had seen it happen more then once and truthfully it made her burst into giggles.

She arched a brow at that but put it out of her head, no point on dwelling on it; she knew that Dimitri was from old money, or at least fairly well off, if he could afford those chocolates from Honeydukes. Not many people could; the only reason Prim could was purely because she was so stingy about saving money and hoarding it all that she had started a vault in Gringotts with all of her muggle money that she had converted into Wizarding currency.

She knew that Max and her looked like a couple at times but there really was nothing between them; sure at times she thought what it would be like but she knew that their relationship right now was going to be nothing more then just friends and it could be likened to that of a brother and a sister. "Oh really?" She arched a brow in slight amusement as she stepped through the door, nodding her head in thanks to it.

"Well I'm a Gryffindor, I enjoy playing the piano, I play Chaser, I love reading.." She hummed before choking on a laugh at the last item on his list. "Mmm...." She just smirked at that last bit; let him take that however he wanted to take it. "And you? What do you like to do?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:04 pm

"Well... I think it would be embarrassing. For me. Having a girl ask me out, that is. It's not how things work." He explained, he meant in the Pureblood world, of course. Other people could do as they liked, but in his world... he couldn't fathom being asked to be married by a woman... that would be very harsh against the small amount of masculinity he held dear.

"Well, I wouldn't want him thinking I was trying to steal his girlfriend, or something. You know, guys get pretty defensive if you so much as talk to their girlfriend. But, if he'd not..." Dimitri gave a casual shrug, grimacing as he moved his shoulder. That had not been a wise move.

Dimitri had to hold in the groan at the mention of the piano. How many people - or more specifically girls - did he know that could play? Why did no one ever play something more unique? Of course, he didn't say that, because it was a good talent, but an overly used one in his eyes. "All very interesting - what books do you like?" Dimitri asked, a reading Gryffindor was not very common, so he couldn't help but be intrigued by her genre of choice.

"Well, I'm a Ravenclaw, if you hadn't already guessed. I do stupid things to amuse my friends... I play piano as well, though I realise now that's going to sound like it's quite the common affair in the school. I swim - I've never been good at Quidditch, so I had to find another sport to suit. Watching Quidditch is fun, though." He added with a smile as they began their climb of the stairs. "And, of course, as a Ravenclaw stereotype, I love to read, too."

As they reached the floor of the Hospital Wing, Dimitri thought of another question. "What's your favourite class?"

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:10 pm

"Embarrassing?" Prim arched an amused brow before chuckling. "But isn't it girls that usually confess their feelings to the boys and ask them out?" She teased with a soft laugh but there was some seriousness in her eyes; she didn't fully understand what Dimitri meant, she doubted she ever would, but on some part she could understand that he wasn't talking about normal situations but something that she could phantom yet.

"Even if he was my boyfriend Max isn't one of those to actually get all protective." Prim said with a soft smile; it was normally what was seen on her face whenever she talked about her dear friend. "Not to mention I'm not one to cheat, no matter what. I'm honorable and if I didn't like someone I would dump them before moving on." She nearly shrugged but stopped herself, grimacing at the chiding voice at the back of her head that sounded suspiciously like Chris'.

"Ladies do not shrug. It's terrible for your posture, and common to boot."

She instantly shoved that voice out of her head but kept in mind what she was doing. She knew that she was going to be hearing Chris' words now in her head when she was doing things that she shouldn't be.

"..." Prim blinked at him in suspicion and narrowed her eyes before letting out a soft sigh as she held her hands in front of her while walking next to him. "I love reading muggle books, especially ones written by Stephen King, Tolkien, C. S. Lewis and the like.. I also like reading poems written by Emily Brontë..." She hummed softly.

"Oh, I also play the violin." She added with a small grin on her lips. "I forgot that one.. I love playing the violin as well..." A soft giggle left her lips as she followed Dimitri though naturally at a more sedate pace, considering her knee was aching. "Well I don't have a favorite per se but I do like DADA, Potion's and Charms." She tilted her head. "And yours?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:25 pm

"Umm..." Dimitri managed to begin with, before giving a small lift of his shoulders that would pass as a lower born person's shrug. "I would imagine for you that might be normal. Not for me." He supplied in response, deciding not to get in to that subject. Pureblood life was not exactly the easiest thing to comprehend for outsiders.

"Well, I would imagine that that is good to know." Dimitri replied in response to the not cheating part of her sentence. He could not fathom how anyone who did that could live with themselves. Merlin knew it was common in the arranged marriages of the Pureblood world - but how could you sleep next to your wife at night if you couldn't remain faithful? Dimitri couldn't answer that one, but that was something for his older self to deal with.

The hesitation from the witch at his question made Dimitri a little curious - had he said something she didn't like? He wasn't sure, but as she supplied the works she liked to read, Dimitri nodded in understanding. There wasn't anything bad in that selection, and he was quite relieved there were classics in there. There was nothing like superficial reading. "Good choices." Dimitri replied with a genuine smile.

"Ah, the violin, yes. Beautiful if played properly, agony otherwise. I'll hope your playing falls in to the former." Dimitri said, letting out a small laugh to show he was only teasing the witch. Reaching the door of the Hospital Wing, Dimitri pushed it open as Primrose explained her favourite lessons.

"Oh, mine is Charms, without a doubt. I excel in that one the most, but some of it comes in to DADA, too." Dimitri explained, before the nurse came over, asking what he'd done. Dimitri explained, and was soon ushered to a bed, where he was checked over - after taking off his jumper and shirt. As he'd suspected, he'd managed to put a hairline fracture in to his shoulder, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be sorted with a potion and an overnight stay, the nurse had said.

Settling back in to the pillows as the nurse went to brew up the potion, Dimitri looked over to the Gryffindor witch with a smile. "Looks like I got my just rewards, huh?" He joked.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Ah, that made sense; he was a Pureblood so it wouldn't be normal for a girl to ask a boy to marry her. Well, she still had a lot to learn about the Pureblood society and she knew for a fact that her summer would practically be filled with nothing more than lessons on etiquette, customs and all that stuff.

"From what I know... Or from what I at least hear around here, many people cheat... And I can't stand that." She sighed softly and shook her head; the thought of cheating just didn't sit that well with the Gryffindor witch and she knew that she would be one of those people who would remain faithful, even if her partner was the cheating type, which she hoped he wouldn't be but well, one never knew. Especially in their world where arranged marriages were common to boot and not everyone fell into a loving relationship with their spouse.

"They're the only authors that I genuinely like.." She hummed softly before blinking her eyes at the words, her eyes lighting up and her lips pulling into a grin. "I would never play the violin if I was in the latter. I am fairly good but I am still learning. I don't really have the money for professional lessons so I learn all on my own really."

She nodded her head in thanks as she stepped through the doorway, smiling kindly at the Ravenclaw. "Charm's is fairly easy to do when you have the theory down I say." The Ravenclaw pointed out with a small grin as she followed Dimitri to the bed where she patiently waited at the side before she took a seat on one of the chairs by the bed. "Looks like it." She teased.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:50 pm

"Oh, no, I agree, cheaters should be... Crucio'd or something." Dimitri said, before letting out a small laugh. "Okay, maybe not that extreme, but, you know, something to make them see that it's not a good thing to do." He amended, though even when he'd first said it, Dimitri had been joking.

"Well, if you can learn to play on your own, you must be quite the talent!" Dimitri offered the witch with an impressed smile. Learning an instrument all by yourself was definitely a feat that Dimitri could never have done. But, that was besides the point.

"You can not look so smug about it, you know?" Dimitri reprimanded the witch, though only in jest, when she agreed he'd gotten what he'd deserved in that moment.

"So, then, this date of ours. When can I look forward to taking you on it?" Dimitri asked, deciding that it was probably best to get that booked in before Primrose changed her mind. Even, of course, if it was just friends, it was something to do!

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose Seele
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:53 am

"I don't think a Crucio is too extreme." Primrose deadpanned with a snort as she shook her head. "Cheaters don't really deserve to have any significant others." She grumbled as she put her hands into the pockets of her trousers, humming softly as she listened to Dimitri.

"It had been hard... Learning on my own that is." She said softly. "My... Orphanage isn't exactly poor but not too wealthy either so while the matron was able to get me my violin lessons she was unable to pay for." She stared at Dimitri from the corner of her eye, wondering what he would be like at her reveal of her being an orphan. "But it wasn't that much of a problem. I borrowed some books from the local library on violin practice and I was able to learn through that."

"I deserve to look smug." She grinned cheekily, her eyes lit up in amusement.

"How about next weekend?" She suggested. "It's going to be warmer then from what I heard." She hummed softly.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)   

Back to top Go down

A Witch on Ice (Prim and Dimitri)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next