Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) Empty
PostSubject: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)   Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Florence had met Serenity in the library, of all places. The girl, Serenity had been busy reading. And Florrie, well, she'd been busy finishing up homework questions. That was when a peculiar thought slipped into her mind. Only, it wasn't her thought. It was weird- a flash of blinding yellow light, and then the image of someone crying... It was gone in an instant though. But it was hers, Florrie was sure of it.

Waiting, until the girl got up to leave, Florrie had gathered her books and followed after her. Their first conversation had started a little bit down the hall from the library, with a "I know you're a seer,". And the rest is, as they say, history.

It wasn't long after their friendship began, that the two were walking towards the Great Hall when they happened upon two older students spouting rather vulgar insults at a fellow first year. Florrie didn't even have to use her legilimency skills to know what Serenity wanted to do. Glancing at her friend, she decided to approach the two students.

"Two against one's a little unfair, wouldn't you say?" she addressed them.

Last edited by Florrie Byrne on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)   Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Serenity had not once imagined that her best friend would be, of all things, a Leglimens. When the girl had come over and informing the Ravenclaw that she knew about her abilities, Serenity's first instinct was to panic and turn to Tammie. But then they'd actually got to talking and, soon enough, Florrie was one of her closest friends in the entire school.

It had been said that a Ravenclaw/Slytherin friendship could possibly be one that conquered the world, and this was proven to be, at the very least, true if the Slytherin was a Legilimens and the Ravenclaw was a Seer. The pair often went out together, fast and firm in their friendship to one another.

Walking down the hall one afternoon, Serenity caught the odd sensation of help me floating down the hall and turned to glance at Florrie, trying to Sense if the girl had also picked up on something similar. She had, and together, they made a beeline towards what soon became obviously two bullies targeting a first year.

But Serenity knew that she wouldn't be doing much -- if any -- of the talking; that was entirely up to Florrie. She would, however, provide as much support as sh-

There was a flash as she looked at one of the bullies, the sensation of being embarrassed, an image of an older woman -- his mother -- and a nickname that she heard loud and clear. His name is Alan. His mother calls him 'my Alley-bear' and he hates it, Serenity thought, sending it towards Florrie.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)   Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Hearing Serenity's thoughts, Florrie turned her attention to the one called Alan, who happened to be the one to respond, and who she remembered vaguely as being in her brother's year, perhaps even her brother's friend.

"This doesn't concern you, now run al-" he'd started. However, she cut him off.

"Alan is it" she tilted her head to the side, a slight smirk gracing her lips "Or do you prefer 'Alley-bear'?" she asked, her tone innocent, yet with an undercurrent of scorn. The boy's face fell almost instantly, and Florrie didn't need legilimency to know what he was thinking. How could she possibly know that? And the boy they had previously been insulting- the one with the curly black hair, couldn't help but laugh.

And that was when the other boy, Percy she thought he was, glanced back at his friend, before looking towards the two girls "Beat it," he sneered "Unless you want to swap places with him," he nodded to the boy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)   Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Serenity had to suppress a giggle at the reaction of Alan. It was perfect, really, the bullies getting what they deserved. Serenity knew what it was like to be teased; some of the older Ravenclaws had said some rather unflattering things to her the first few days, until one of the prefects overheard and put a very firm stop to it.

A part of her realised that the logical and proper thing to do was call a prefect or Professor and have them sort it. But she couldn't help but replay the conversation she had with that horse-girl -- Sophia, if she remembered correctly -- about rules. Perhaps this was one such situation where rules were alright to break; after all, they were helping another student not get bullied, right?

And so, pushing aside the part of her that screamed rules needed to be followed to the t, Serenity focused her attention on the rude boy who spoke, who threatened them. If she focused hard enough, she could technically force a vision of sorts, although told never to try until she was older. Technically speaking, she was older than when they gave her that rude.

A flash of pink crossed her vision, and she had to fight back a chuckle as she realised she was staring at a bed spread -- a bright pink, polkadot bedspread, that was, apparently, the boy's favourite thing at home. Not bothering to formulate it in words, Serenity focused on the image and sent the thought towards Florrie. This is his, she added, as explanation.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)   Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 11:04 am

An image- the bright pink polka dot bedspread flashed in her mind, all thanks to Serenity. And wow, that bedding was bright.

"Tell me, Percy is it?" she started after his threat "Did you ask to be in Gryffindor because the bed covers were the closest to pink?" she asked, crossing her arms and tilting her head to the side "Although sadly they don't have polka dots. Guess that'd make you a bit homesick, right?" she sighed dramatically so as not to smirk when she saw his eyes widen "Oh don't worry, both of you. Your secrets are safe with me... Though I can't promise the same for my friend here," she nodded back to Serenity.

She paused a moment, considering her options, before adding "Actually, I've changed my mind. I can only promise they're safe if you both stop acting like dicks, yeah?" she looked back to them, almost daring them to say anything else.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)   Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 11:01 am

While Serenity didn't exactly agree with how Florrie was dealing with it -- being rude to someone had always been something that went against her teachings -- she couldn't deny that it brought forth some rather interesting results. In any case, the boy they had been bullying had been left alone while all their attention was on the Slytherin.

Glancing at both Percy and Alan to ensure they weren't looking at her, she confirmed the fact that they were far too caught up in how Florrie seemed to know such intimate details about them and quickly motioned towards the boy, indicating that he should slip away while they weren't looking. With a grateful look towards her and a smile, the boy did just that, tiptoeing to the side and then hurrying off.

Turning her attention back to the current situation, she was just in time to hear Florrie posing the question back to her and did her best to keep a neutral expression on her face. Not daring to speak -- for if she tried, she was certain that it wouldn't come out as strong-willed as Florrie's had been -- she instead shrugged.

But, mentally, she said, Nicely done, to her best friend.

A second flash came from one of the boys, a sensation she couldn't shake of rebellion. Read them, Florrie! They're thinking of doing it again, she immediately thought, sending it out towards Florrie.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)   Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 11:48 am

Florrie carefully gauged their reaction at her words. Puzzled, the both of them, and that bought a smirk to her lips. But her satisfaction was interrupted by words of warning from her friend, urging her to read them.

This was the difficult bit. And it was difficult to explain. It seemed natural, for Florrie to be able to read Serenity- partly because of how close they had grown. But these boys, she didn't know at all, save for the fact that they occasionally sat with her brother at lunch, and what Serenity had made known. But she had been improving, with practise.

A word flashed through her mind- from Percy, she thought- and it wasn't a pleasant word at all- rather vulgar to be honest. Puzzlement had quickly turned to anger for him. And Alan, well, his anger was sparking too. Alan was, really ticked off that a first year had the nerve to say what she had.

"Wow, rude," she looked back to Percy "Struck a nerve did I?" she blinked innocently, before noticing the boy that they had been bullying had gone. And perhaps her work would be done, if they would merely cooperate.

But nothing was ever that easy.

Why? Because Florrie liked to push, and push and push, until someone broke. Although in this case, it certainly wasn't the smartest idea, considering that she could feel their anger without much concentration at all, meaning they were feeling it very strongly.

"Come on, I could have said much worse," her eyes flickered with mischief as she remembered back to when James had passed her in the hall, laughing about a certain incident that had happened in the common room. James, she could read easily. She attributed that to him being her brother, "Like bringing up the time your dorm called you 'Pissy' for a full week because you wet the bed," she said quickly.

And that did it- that was what really got to Percy. And Alan, who had decided to back up his friend. They hadn't seemed to notice that the boy had gone, and right now, they didn't seem to care. Right now, they were more concerned with Florrie, and by default Serenity, and how they could have known what (they presumed) both girls knew.

Florrie looked back to Serenity, after hearing their intentions, "Time to run," she said quickly, grabbing her friend's hand and pulling her along as the two boys chased after them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)   Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 11:56 am

Serenity turned to Florrie as the witch continued to talk, a light frown touching her features. They'd done their job; they'd helped the boy escape. Wasn't that enough? Surely that was enough, right? What more was there to do? But no, Florrie kept going, using something she must have heard from somewhere, although Serenity wasn't quite certain where.

Stop. That's enough, she tried to tell Florrie, but it was too late; her arm was grabbed by the Slytherin and they took off in a run. Serenity could hear the pattering of feet behind them, realising that they were being chased.

Automatically, she turned to look for Tammie, but the house elf shook her head. This wasn't her responsibility. If -- and only if -- the boys caught up with them and tried to hurt Serenity would she step in. Besides, Serenity wasn't about to admit that she'd used her abilites to blackmail two people. That would be reported straight away and she'd be called in for a severe telling off.

"Over here," she said, taking the lead and directing Florrie down a hallway she only knew existed because she had used it a few times to calm down after a vision. It led straight to the staircase that led to the Ravenclaw tower.

Is the fire the cause of death or birth for a phoenix?

Serenity needed only a few seconds to think. "Neither; the fire is but a tool. It is the phoenix that decides what to use it for." The door swung open and Serenity entered without a hesitation, pulling Florrie in behind her, before collapsing onto the couch. "I think we're safe here," she said, panting a little as she gave Florrie a slight smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)   Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity) Empty

Back to top Go down

Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (Serenity)
Page 1 of 1