Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
My Sanctuary (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
My Sanctuary (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
My Sanctuary (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
My Sanctuary (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
My Sanctuary (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

My Sanctuary (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

My Sanctuary (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sanctuary (Open)   My Sanctuary (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 11:36 am

Roxanne had never met a Seer in the flesh but seeing a young girl in front of her eyes tell her she was a Seer was a bit shocking; purely because from what she read about Seer's they tended to keep mum on their abilities so that people didn't use them for their own gain. Not like Roxy would do that she was a believer in letting fate run its course instead of actually trying to stop it or change it; nothing could change fate, no matter how much people tried.

The simple admission that she was made Roxy look at Serenity with a contemplative look in her eye as she stared at the young girl; it was weird knowing that one of her housemates, a twelve-year-old girl, was a Seer but then again she supposed that abilities didn't choose the person based on age. Sighing softly, she rubbed her temples as she turned her eyes to the fireplace in contemplation before turning back around.

She listened to Serenity and silently agreed that it had nothing to do with age. "It's hard for you though isn't it?" She questioned softly with a frown, as if not actually wanting to believe that a young girl was burdened with such a gift that was both terrible and great in its own way.

At the question of explaining, she contemplated before nodding her head. "The Förstner family, do you know who they are?" She asked and waited for either a nod or a shake of the head before she carried on. "The Förstner family, my family... we deal in the Underground. The darker side of both the magical and muggle world. We supply things that most people can't get because they're either illegal in most countries or downright endangered. We supply potion's ingredients, animals, old Magickal tomes and stuff like that to the magical side." She crossed one leg over the other. "To the Muggle side, we supply guns, ammo, grenades and just general Military stuff... The people here... They know this." She waved her hand in a general manner with a grimace. "The Purebloods and some Half-Blood's are aware of what type of power my father has in Germany and they come to me with demands and favours... It's... annoying one can say."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Sanctuary (Open)   My Sanctuary (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 7:08 am

For just a brief moment there, Serenity wished she had what Florrie did and could read minds; she wanted to know what was going through the other Ravenclaw's mind. Did she see Serenity as someone to be feared and avoided? Was she merely curious? Or did she want to, like so many others, use her for personal gains? Serenity simply didn't know, and that was one of the reasons she found it so difficult to make friends. How many used her? How many only wanted her to tell them their futures (which she was forbidden to do)?

Florrie could always help with that, but Florrie wasn't here, and she was left to her own judgements. Drawn out of her worries by the quiet question, she glanced very quickly up at Roxanne and then back down, trying to figure out if the witch was being serious or not.

It was a legitimate question, although one that wasn't, at the very core, correct. Did she find having abilities difficult in itself? No. That was easy. It was coping that was hard; it was the fact that she could never forget what she Saw, had no say over what she Saw, and couldn't control what she did, because she belonged to the Ministry.

Seeing in itself wasn't hard in any sense of the word, but that was because it was out of her control. So, Serenity merely shrugged and said, simply, "'Hard' is relative."

The next question brought a frown to her face. The name sounded familiar, like an odd feeling of dejavu she couldn't shake -- but, try as she might, there was nothing in her memory that related to the name. Perhaps she'd heard it in passing in the Ministry, or perhaps she'd heard someone call on the witch during class. There was even the possibility she'd Seen it in a vision from way back, ones she no longer recalled but were recorded somewhere in the Ministry.

She settled for a tilt of her head, indicating neither a straight yes or no, and motioned for Roxanne to continue. As she listened, she tried to tie together the details with anything in her knowledge, coming up short yet again. That was ... interesting, although she didn't quite know what she was supposed to say or do.

Eventually, as the female came to a close, Serenity tilted her head with a contemplative frown. "What does that have to do with you? It's your family; you're born into it. You don't have a say what happened -- or I don't think you do, anyway -- so why would they trouble you? That's dumb."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Sanctuary (Open)   My Sanctuary (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 10:34 pm

Roxanne wasn't stupid not by a long shot, being in Ravenclaw aside, Roxanne had been taught from a young age to see the tell-tale signs of a person who wanted to ask something or was worried about something but didn't speak. So from Serenity's body language, she had been quick to deduce that the young girl wanted her to say something, what she didn't know but she could guess.

"I don't care that you're a Seer," Roxanne said without any fear of retribution from the girl or her guardian elf. "I could care less if you were a Vampire; as long as you don't tell me anything about my future we'll be fine." She wanted her future to stay how it was going to go and not how she wanted it to go.

Her grandparents would probably frown at her and demand her to get the girl be her 'attraction' or some shit like that but her Father, she knew perfectly well, would commend her on her choice before telling her that should Serenity request any protection or even need it she was to give it, even if it meant putting Serenity under the Förstner family protection. Not that she was actually going to announce that, not until she was sure that her fellow Ravenclaw would need it.

"...Out of your control then." She stared at the girl for a few long seconds before humming. "As I said, I don't care much that you're a Seer. It's an ability, just like being a Metamorphmagus is or a natural Legilimens is... It's something you're born with and it's yours alone."

"It's the question of the day isn't it?" Roxanne huffed a soft laugh as she leant back on the couch and stared up at the ceiling. "They 'trouble' me purely because I'm the one and only Heiress to the Förstner family so they think that through me they may be able to get a meeting with my father." She was tempted to roll her eyes but didn't. "Dealing with the... more illegal side of things means that we are, or well my father is, able to procure some things that would get a normal Witch or Wizard put behind bars."

That is not to say they only dealt in the Underground; they did deal with the legal side of things as well but it was mainly illegal stuff that people asked of her father.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sanctuary (Open)   My Sanctuary (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Sanctuary (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2