Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
An escape from reality (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 3:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
An escape from reality (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 2:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
An escape from reality (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
An escape from reality (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
An escape from reality (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

An escape from reality (open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

An escape from reality (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An escape from reality (open)   An escape from reality (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 8:04 pm

Janet hadn't heard of the students eaten by spiders. It sounded like a horrible way to go, but she kept the surprise and horror that her explanation provoked from her face, knowing that it would only make the other girl feel worse. Instead, she kept her face gently as she listened to the rest of what the other girl said, saying a semi-soft "I hope your pain eases soon." She wanted to hug the other girl and squeeze all the sorrow and pain out of her, but she knew that it wasn't the best time, not to mention she didn't really know the younger girl.

"I am sure your mother would want the same, if not more, for you. She is still here, as long as you keep her with you. In every memory."

Janet nodded. "Yes, I know.I keep trying to tell myself all that as well, and yet it doesn't usually seem to help. I completely understand not being able to wrap your head around the fact that they're gone. I still write her letters, to be honest. I don't send them because then my Dad would get them and it would just make him feel even worse, which isn't what I want. But I write them and then burn them. It helps some, and makes me feel a bit less lonely."

As she heard herself talk she realized how idiotic that sounded, how weak, and decided to change the subject. "I do agree they will always be with us though. And that they would want us to be happy and live our lives. At the same time, just remember it's also okay to grieve. It's better to be sad that their time with us was cut short, rather than be glad they're gone after all."

The other girl seemed open to the idea of a strings group, and Janet was glad of that. "There have to be other violin players, other string players even, like violists or cellists or bassists, or all of those.We could even possibly use a pianist." She grinned and shrugged. "How could we get the word out about that?"

She wasn't even sure what piece she'd pulled out, as the music didn't seem to have a title on it. As she started, however, she immediately recognized it and found her fingers playing the music automatically. It was a song her mother played with her last year, and that they practiced over the summer and performed for her father. She felt her familiar emotions welling up but she held them back. This was a happy song and there was no room for sadness or tears with its upbeat nature and tempo.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: An escape from reality (open)   An escape from reality (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 7:44 am

"I hope your pain eases soon."

It had, truthfully become way easier to handle the loss of her best friends. Nerisei had had a very hard time to come t grips with that, but with the help of a few people, the witch was back on track, living her life as normal as possible. She was happy, somewhat, and that was all that mattered. Plus, with the O.W.L.s coming up, the witch didn't have enough space for her brain to be occupied with something other than studying. Or that was what she kept telling herself at least.

Listening to Janet talk about her mother, and how she was managing with her grief was a welcome distraction. Nerisei hadn't truly shared an interest in other people's pain, mostly because she was too caught up into her own little bubble of sadness. But now that she was actually paying attention to what the other witch was saying, it was obvious that she harbored an amazing amount of love for her mother. What child didn't? But it was sad. And Nerisei could see that Janet was slowly letting go, opening up to the Ravenclaw witch.

"I do agree they will always be with us though. And that they would want us to be happy and live our lives. At the same time, just remember it's also okay to grieve. It's better to be sad that their time with us was cut short, rather than be glad they're gone after all."

Nerisei cleared her throat and turned away from the witch for a few seconds. It was obvious that she had changed the subject, and Nerisei could understand the reason behind it. No one truly wanted to seem vulnerable in front of a person they barely knew. Nerisei hated it, in fact. But sometimes, just sometimes, it was good to let go. "Yes, you are right." Was all the witch said. They had spent too much time being sad anyway.

The question on how they could spread the word about forming a possible music group went unanswered. Not because Nerisei didn't have an idea, but because they had started playing the piece-- a piece Nerisei didn't recognise, but it was beautiful nonetheless--, so she didn't have the chance to voice her ideas. Instead, she would wait until the playing had seized, before she made her plan known.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: An escape from reality (open)   An escape from reality (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 11:23 am

The song continued for what felt like forever for the witch. Forever, playing her mother's favorite song and just trying to hold herself together. It was strange to her, that she could feel such sadness during this song. Last year if she had heard it, the music would have brought an instant smile to her face, yet today she was barely holding back the tears that threatened to spill down her face.

As her bow finally came to a stop, a soft ending to the piece, she lowered her violin, eyes closed for a moment. She wouldn't let herself break down. Not now, and not here. She knew if she let the tears escape it would be only seconds before she was sobbing, and she wasn't sure if her heart or mind could take that right now. No. She had to keep focused on her studies, on her music. The words she had told the other girl just a couple minutes ago, remember it's also okay to grieve, seemed to now feel like a lie to Janet. It wasn't ok. Not right now, right now she needed to move on, bury it.

She took a deep, shaky breath and opened her eyes, refusing to let her grief swallow her as she packed up the music. "Sorry" she murmured, somewhat embarrassed to have had to have that struggle in front of the girl she barely knew. She knew she didn't, but felt like she owed her an explanation, "my mom and I learned that song last year, it was one of the only duets we'd memorized to play together."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An escape from reality (open)   An escape from reality (open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An escape from reality (open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2