Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Food For The Brain {Dominique}

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For The Brain {Dominique}   Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 8:52 pm

She grinned at the nickname Dominique said she used for the younger Slytherin. It was a cute name, Mim, and it made Janet kinda wish she had a nickname, though her name was short enough she didn't really need one. She hadn't ever really wanted one either, up until now, though it was a silly childish wish that she quickly ignored.

"Neither am I. A picky eater that is. Though I have to say, red velvet cake is a particular favorite of mine. Though I like it with french vanilla icing, not the buttercream that most people eat it with." She paused a moment, thinking about her food preferences. "On second thought, I am a semi-picky eater, though I'm not too bad. I just have my definite likes and dislikes."

Janet glanced up from her book and nodded before turning back to it. "Yeah, I was in the library, though I may study in here more often. After all, food and relative quiet. It's a win-win!"
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

Birthday : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Food For The Brain {Dominique}   Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 7:02 pm

Dominique wasn’t a picky eater and was really glad of it. Janet then started to talk about cake. She really loved her cake. But she loved the whipped icing better than the really sugar icing that she had. “ French vanilla icing is good. And not a fan of the buttercream either.” At least she was talking about deserts. Dominique smiled as Janet said she was picky eater. “ Not me I love to eat anything. Well almost anything.”

She then listened as she heard that Janet in the library. “ Yeah I would rather study where I can eat. But I do love the library.” She was enjoying her first year at Hogwarts. So she wasn’t sure what to take about. As she knew that Janet need to study. “ So what year are you in?” At least she could talk and get to know her. “ I am in my first year.” She was the same as Mimosa.

Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 PAGF2e
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Food For The Brain {Dominique}   Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 5:37 am

She nodded. "I love most foods, though some I only like certain ways, and some I won't eat at all. I will eat a large variety of food however, I'm not so picky about the kind of food, like Italian or Mexican, as much as I am about how it's prepared. For instance, I only like tamales at certain places, and I'm extremely particular about my potstickers. That's part of the reason I end up trying to learn to cook them myself, so I don't have to be disappointed when other people make it." She grinned and lifted one shoulder in a shrug.

She glanced up at the younger girl, slightly annoyed but not inclined to show it as she gave her a small smile. "I'm in my sixth year. I'm trying to catch up on some work/studying at the moment because I wasn't here for most of the beginning of the year." With that explanation, she looked back to her book.

It was then, she realized that her words could have been perceived as rude and that she should really attempt to make conversation. She still didn't look up from her book for a moment as she tried to think of something to talk about. Well, the girl had mentioned she was in her first year... she looked up to smile at her. "So how are you liking Hogwarts so far? What house are you in?"
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: Food For The Brain {Dominique}   Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 12:40 pm

Dominique loved talking about food, just as much as she loved eating. “ Yeah my mom likes to make a joke that I will eat anything before it eats me.” She couldn’t help but laugh at that, as it was funny. “ I really like Jamaican food. But jerk chicken can be very spicy.” She was glad that she was able to try out different things because of her parents' job.

She then asked Janet what year she was in. And she said that she was in her sixth year. “ Oh wow I know a girl who is a sixth year. Her name is Sasha and she is my best friend. And also is my supplier of chocolate.” Dominique really liked Sasha and knew that they had a good friendship. She then mentions to Janet that she was in her first year. And she was asked how she was liking Hogwarts.

“ I really am loving my first year. As it isn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be.” Janet then asked her what house she was in. “ Oh I am a Gryffindor.”

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Food For The Brain {Dominique}   Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 2:43 pm

She chuckled. That joke could certainly not be applied to Janet, but it was amusing nonetheless. She nodded enthusiastically at the mention of Jamaican food. "Yes, well I adore spicy foods. I can take a bit of heat myself, though I, of course, have my limits. Do you prefer sweet foods or spicy foods if you had to pick one?"

She nodded. "Oh, yes! I know Sasha. I wouldn't say we were "best friends" but I do know her. Supplier of chocolate, huh? Oh, because you can't go to Hogsmeade yet, I presume. Well, a supplier of chocolate is definitely always a good thing to have. If you ever run out, come and find me, I always have loads of candy hidden that I could dip into." She grinned with a wink. She wasn't sure exactly why she took such a liking to this girl and was even offering her candy! The world's greatest treasure, but she supposed that's what friends did for each other.

"Were you expecting it to be bad?"
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: Food For The Brain {Dominique}   Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 12:41 pm

It seems like they were talking about food. Which she knew was going to make her hungry. But she was also going to snack, so she would be alright. Janet then asked her what foods she prefer. She gave the option of sweet or spicy. “ I can only pick one?” Which Dominique knew that this would be tough for her. “ I love both of them but I would have the both of worlds and sweet and spicy.”

She then mention Sasha and how she was the supplier of chocolate. “ Yeah since I can’t go, she brings me some chocolate.” Janet then told her that if she ran out of chocolate to find her. “ Thank you!” She then started to think about how Sasha and Sterling was bring her chocolate. “ Not sure I am going to run out as Sasha and Sterling keep bringing me chocolate.

Janet then asked if she was expecting her first year to be bad. “ Actually I really didn’t know what to expect. But I am glad that it has been an amazing year.”

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Food For The Brain {Dominique}   Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Janet laughed and shook her head. "Cheater! You can't pick both silly." She stood, retrieving a pepper and a random piece of candy from different places in the kitchen before coming back to sit down. She held one in each hand out towards the girl and raised one eyebrow at the first year. "Sweet or spicy?"

"Oh, so you have two suppliers of chocolate then, huh? Well, you're a lucky girl! But you may keep me in mind regardless. I don't only have chocolate, I have almost any candy you could buy at Hogsmeade. I stock up. You should see my wizarding card collection. Years of living in Hogsmeade has its perks!"

Janet nodded as Dominique explained that she wasn't sure what to expect. "I understand that. I, on the other hand, knew exactly what to expect, so I wasn't too worried my first year." Growing up in Hogsmeade, Janet got to talk to lots of the students that came through and stopped in Honeyduke's and Zonko's Joke Shop, and the Three Broomsticks. From stories they told the cute little girl, curious about her future school, she knew exactly what kind of place to expect. Not to mention both her parents had gone there and had told her about how to get into the kitchen, and had made her memorize a generalized map of the school and the grounds surrounding it.

Come to think of it, her time at Hogwarts was almost over. The thought made her frown. "Next year is my last year here! I only just realized that..." She trailed off, thinking over the fact that soon she'd have to actually know what to do with her life. "Uugh. NEWTs are next year as well! I take my mocks this year and NEWTs next year."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food For The Brain {Dominique}   Food For The Brain {Dominique} - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food For The Brain {Dominique}
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2