Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Why won't you open up? (Amanda) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Why won't you open up? (Amanda) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Why won't you open up? (Amanda) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Why won't you open up? (Amanda) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Why won't you open up? (Amanda) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Why won't you open up? (Amanda)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Why won't you open up? (Amanda) Empty
PostSubject: Why won't you open up? (Amanda)   Why won't you open up? (Amanda) EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Lyra glared at the picture. She had slept through breakfast somehow, and now was starving. She could always wait for lunch, but she'd stayed skipped dinner the night before to do some extra studying, hoping to try and catch up on the subjects that Hogwarts seemed to be farther in than they had been back home. Of course, that left her ahead in some subjects that Ilvermorny was ahead on, so it wasn't an entirely bad exchange.

The dark haired witch missed her home every. single. day. Her parents assured her that moving and adjusting to new places became easier with time, but Lyra wasn't quite sure that she believed them. Nearly everything here reminded her of home, or reminded her of why she would rather be home, or how much her friends back home would love the very few things that made this new place bearable.

That was by far one of the worst parts, was having to leave her friends behind. Sure, she now had Mimosa, who was her usual bomb self, and the girls in her dorm were perfectly kind, but none of this changed the fact that she missed her gals back home. Her friends had been like sisters to her, and a few even lived near her. The others she could hardly ever bare to leave over school breaks, but the idea that she may never even see them again....

She pushed the thought from her mind, as it was much to upsetting to think about in the moment, especially as her stomach complained loudly at the lack of food filling it. She had heard you could use the painting of a fruit bowl to gain access to the kitchen, but she couldn't seem to remember how you got the picture to move. She'd tried everything she could think of. Pulling, pushing, kicking, she had even tried a couple code words that she thought might work, but had eventually given up.

She sat against the opposite wall, glaring at the painting and trying to consider what she could be missing. She still hadn't thought of anything when she heard footsteps. She climbed to her feet, peering down the hallway to see who could be coming, and if they could be of any help.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why won't you open up? (Amanda)   Why won't you open up? (Amanda) EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 11:43 am

Amanda had slept in today and so that made the girl miss the breakfast time. She knew now she had to go to kitchen to get something or else her stomach will end up making terrible noises before lunch time. So this is how she ended up near the kitchen.

She knew kind of way her around the castle already. It was her third year here already. Even yeah she managed to get lost at times too. Mostly when you did take wrong turn with the stairs. That can be super confusing at the start. Anyways when she was near kitchen she noticed someone was already there and trying to figure how to get in.

The girl seemed to be around her age so Amanda figured she might be another transfer student here. She walked over her and smiled. "Trying to get in the kitchen?" she asked from the girl and looked at the painting of the fruit bowl one. She walked over the painting and went to tickle the pear. "You need to tickle the pear. I know it sounds weird and odd. Not sure why it was made like that," she said with giggles there now awhile she saw door to kitchen open.

"You may go in now," she added there with a small smile and gestured towards the door now. "Oh, I'm Amanda," she decided to introduce herself even. "From Ravenclaw house," she added even. She just figured it would be good idea to know these things about each other since they will spend now sometime together anyways. "You are new here right? Transfer student? I have never seen you around anyway."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why won't you open up? (Amanda)   Why won't you open up? (Amanda) EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 6:51 pm

Lyra put on a friendly smile as a girl approached. She seemed like she was around her own age, though if that were the case she wasn’t a Hufflepuff. She didn’t recognize the girl and she had made a point to be one familiar with the girls in her dorm, and at least could now recognize them even if she couldn’t remember their names.

”Yes I can’t seem to remember how my friend told me it opens. I’ve tried everything I can think of and it still won’t budge.” She watched closely as the other girl showed her how and she couldn’t help but laugh softly. ”Tickling a pear. As if that makes sense.” She offered a hand to the girl. ”Lyra. Nice to meet you. And thanks, I would have been standing here tripping if you hadn’t come along.”

She moved into the kitchen, eyebrows raising at the sheer size of it. She sighed softly as the girl asked if she was new and nodded. ”I’m surprised my accent didn’t give me away. I just moved her from California on the first. And now I’m a Hufflepuff!” She shrugged, not sounding entirely enthusiastic about the whole thing and moved farther into the large room, eyes widening as several elves rushed up to assist the two girls.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why won't you open up? (Amanda)   Why won't you open up? (Amanda) EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 7:29 am

Amanda nodded her head there now. She at first couldn't remember this since it didn't make any sense. Why would someone try tickle the pear. Seemed so weird but she had done it. "Oh and you're welcome," she said with a small smile on her face.

When other girl introduced herself she nodded her head again. "It's nice to meet you too, Lyra," she said with a small smile. She had never been to USA. So she didn't know that much about it.

"Oh that's nice. Never been there but it was warmer than here right?" she was curious about it now. She had read about California before. She never knew if all books had right info in them. "Oh hufflepuff is nice house. I'm Ravenclaw myself," she said with a small smile. She knew another girl from Hufflepuff who was transfer this year. Seemed like hufflepuff was suiting them the best.

"Oh yeah if you feel like don't making the food then these house elves are super good at it. Their food has always been delicious," she said with a small smile. "How about some pancakes or waffles?" she was suddenly craving for them. It had been awhile since she had either of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why won't you open up? (Amanda)   Why won't you open up? (Amanda) Empty

Back to top Go down

Why won't you open up? (Amanda)
Page 1 of 1