Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Couldn't Stay Away [Dan]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] Empty
PostSubject: Couldn't Stay Away [Dan]   Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Elyah didn't know if she was ready to go to this school yet. She was beyond surprised when she had shown those signs of magic, but the attitude her mother had towards her in the beginning shocked her.
It was hard to believe that her mother would actually believe she was mentally ill, because she was showing these signs. It wasn't as if she had lost her mind. She could simply do things others couldn't.

But she came to terms with the fact that her mother had been raising her up all alone from the start. She didn't have help, except the money she said dad was sending for her. But she still was sceptical about it.

Elyah had her mother's last name, not her father's. Then, there was the fact that they didn't even have a picture of her dad back home and it was weird. They were in love. They were married. They had her. Why was there no sign of this?
But every time she asked about it, her mother always seemed to find a way to cover it up. And she did that so good, it was almost impossible not to believe she was telling the truth. Almost.

She wanted to come to Diagon Alley since the day the letter arrived, but her mother was too busy to take her there. It's not like she was particularly excited about it either. Her daughter was a witch, and the worst thing was that she had no idea about it. Was it dark magic? What if she got hurt in a way she couldn't fix?

Miss Diana, her neighbour's mother, calmed her down, telling her that it was fine. That wizards and witches were just special people. Gifted people and it was nothing to worry about. But Elyah knew her mom better than anyone else. And she was afraid she was going to lose her.

Moira Croft was not ready to face the Wizarding World yet, so she simply dropped her off to Diagon Alley, and left. She was being extremely overprotective and Elyah was getting a bit tired of it, but she knew it was only because she loved her.
"Yes, mother. Don't worry, I have my phone. I will call you when I'm done, okay?"

Getting out of the car, she sighed and watched as her mother drove off. Now it was her turn to figure out how she entered this Diagon Alley. Because all she could see was bricks. Many many bricks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't Stay Away [Dan]   Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Dan skipped towards the entrance to Diagon Alley. Humming happily at the thought of finally purchasing his school supplies. He stopped abruptly when he noticed a girl standing in front of the brick wall. She looked terribly lost and Dan frowned in sympathy. Then, with a smile, he tapped on the requisite bricks to open the passageway and stepped back to let the girl through. "It's a bit confusing the first time 'round," he whispered.

He was greatly looking forward to purchasing his supplies, his wand especially. Giggling, he bounced through the doorway with his parents and made to dash off towards the book store when he realized the girl hadn't come with her parents. Frowning, he turned to her, "Where's your mum and dad?" Maybe they were already here and she was supposed to find them, in which case, Dan would be happy to help. Or maybe they'd just dropped her off to fend for herself. Either way, Dan was happy to take her along.

"I'm Daniel," he greeted with an outstretched hand. "Are you going to Hogwarts too?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't Stay Away [Dan]   Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Elyah felt bad now. Completely lost and bad. She didn't want to worry her mother, and wanted to prove that she could deal with the school supply shopping and everything, but right now, all she wanted to do was curl into a ball and hide somewhere. She didn't want to call her mom to come pick her up, since it wouldn't solve anything. She still needed to buy all her supplies, and from what she had heard, she needed galleons, or something like that. The money she had would not work with wizards.

As if someone had read her mind, a few people appeared right next to her. There was a boy about her age, and beside him what seemed like his parents. She watched him carefully as he moved forward and tapped the bricks. The girl looked mortified at the sight of them moving, and the hidden Diagon Alley appeared.

"It's a bit confusing the first time 'round,"

Elyah simply stared at him, obviously terrible at hiding how shocked she was. She was scared, excited and so many other things at the same time. In all truth, she had no idea where to go and what to do. For a slight second, a part of her wished there had never been these signs in the first place.

"Where's your mum and dad?"

Ouch. Elyah looked at him, trying to hide the hatred she felt for a slight moment. He did not deserve a punch in the face. Yet.
He did not know her story and how sensitive this was for her, so she would forgive him this once. She followed him quickly and went through this doorway, before it closed.
"I.. mom couldn't come and I don't have a dad."
She then shrugged and let out an awkward little laugh, trying to drown the knot in her throat.

She took his hand and shook it softly. "I'm Elyah. Yes, I received a letter saying I can attend. But I guess, I am not made for this place.."

She shrugged and looked around, taking in everything. People were running around, going in and out of stores. People were talking. It felt as if it was just another market.
"Truth is, I don't know where to go.. or what to buy.."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't Stay Away [Dan]   Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 8:40 pm

Dan watched the door close behind them then turned to grin at the girl. His smile dropped rapidly when she spoke. "I.. mom couldn't come and I don't have a dad." He blinked in shock before frowning, "I am so sorry," he stated sincerely, terrified she'd slap him or something equally painful. Then smiled, "You're welcome to share mine, though. Lord knows he loves me enough to share."

Elyah. That was a pretty name. "Oh nonsense, you're a witch, aren't you? Then you deserve to be here just as much as anyone else." He tucked his arm about hers with a defiant grin. "And it's alright if you don't know where to go," he added. "I'm fairly new myself, but I've been here a few times so I sort of know where I'm going." His parents wouldn't be any help, considering they were muggles, but it was nice to have them all the same. Something told him this girl was important, and Dan wasn't one to ignore his gut.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't Stay Away [Dan]   Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:58 pm

"I am so sorry,"

Don't.., Elyah wanted to scream at him, but she remained silent instead. She didn't want people to pity her. This was the last thing she ever wanted them to do. It made her feel vulnerable and broken. As if she needed her dad to grow up.

No. Elyah would never admit she actually needed a father figure for her. She had expected her mom to find someone else, since her dad hadn't appeared, but of course not. Her mother stayed faithful, and that made Elyah both, happy and sad. Happy to see that her mother loved her father this much to remain faithful even when he was away for so long, and sad because her mother was growing old on her own. Without some love.

"You're welcome to share mine, though. Lord knows he loves me enough to share."

That drew a small laugh from the girl.
"Thanks.. but you don't have to worry about it, promise."
No one had ever offered her the possibility of having a father, yet this boy she had just met, was offering her some father moments, if she wished for them.

When Daniel tucked his arm about hers, she smiled and looked at him. He was being so kind and helpful, and Elyah couldn't help but this it was so sweet of him to do that. Even if he didn't know her at all, he was still willing to help her.
"I guess you will help me today then?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't Stay Away [Dan]   Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Worry about it? Oh, puh-lease! "Hon, I insist you borrow my dad if you ever need him," he stated in his thickest southern American accent. He'd found that many were charmed by his accent, rare as it was in these parts, and he wasn't averse to employing it when the need arose.

Dan decided he liked this girl, even if he had only just met her. She was pretty--being gay didn't mean he couldn't appreciate aesthetics--and she certainly needed someone to care, much as she pretended otherwise. Anyone who knew Dan knew that when he got an idea into his head, he ran with it until he simply couldn't anymore. She would be his first friend in this strange new world.

"I guess you will help me today then?"

He grinned and shrugged, "Today, tomorrow, next week...Whenever you need me." The theme song to an old American cartoon played in his mind. Whenever you need me, baby; call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me It seemed rather appropriate to the situation, he thought. Also, he may have been watching old reruns that morning. "So, where to first?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't Stay Away [Dan]   Couldn't Stay Away [Dan] Empty

Back to top Go down

Couldn't Stay Away [Dan]
Page 1 of 1