Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

» When it Rains, It Pours ((Open))
Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:32 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)   Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 3:50 pm

After much contemplation, Azalea had decided to go for the postgraduate program comprised of both Potions and Herbology. While the university had worked in record time to identify and evaluate her credentials from a past life, the witch had been left alone to weight her own options. Kit Harrington had returned to Furz Croft to find his daughter unusually preoccupied, immersed in her notes when she wasn't on her brand new laptop. The father daughter duo had just had enough meals together for the photographer to be informed that she had made a new friend, a soon to be neighbor by the name of Josh who was being very helpful.

It was good really, Kit reflected as he refilled Azalea's proscription for sleep medication. She looked happier and healthier than she had in a long time so making friends and being independent was good for her. The photographer still wouldn't let her stay completely on her own but if things continued the way they were now, he was sure she wouldn't need him or Clara six months from now. Azalea had always been far too independent, something he had always been proud of and was trying to relearn that pride all over again.

Azalea on the other hand only experienced her newfound life peripherally, mostly too busy in filling out paperwork, getting a proposal together for her thesis, digging through her old notes hoping for something clearer than the short hand she probably knew by heart at one point. Having realized the importance of internet usage, the witch had briefly studied how the technology had been assimilated into the magical world in the early 2010s and was widespread by now, she had gone about linking all her accounts and data to an online profile she could manage much more easily and had spent even more time catching up to world events. The last thing she needed was to look ignorant or uninformed when she began her catch up courses at the university.

But of course, it wasn't all work and no play. The long emails typed to Victoria Newbury almost every week were testament to that. Not only did she love hearing from the little witch she had thought of as a sister at one point but she also found herself wanting to share bits and pieces of her own accomplishments. As a result, Victoria knew about the older witch's application to university before Kit did. Azalea also once wrote in passing how much she missed Adrienne and Ivan but left it at that. The witch had had zero contact with Jake Newbury since her departure from his estate and neither had made a move to remedy that situation three moths in.

And then there was josh. If ever there was a sensation difficult to describe, the American brunette discovered it when she was with him. Not only did he always give everything she had to say due consideration but he also brought with him a rather contradictory state of affairs. In addition to his general aura of mystery, Azalea couldn't help but feel she would never really know him no matter how many question she asked about it personal life. The blond had never given off the impression that she shouldn't ask. In fact, he answered everything she queried of him. And yet he did it in such a way that Azalea was having some difficulty completing the image in her head of the polite gentleman who made her feel both safe and... somehow thrilled at the same time. Because there was no denying it, every time he spoke her name, a chill ran through her body. It hadn't been easy to identify at first but now she knew. It was not a coincident... Josh spoke her name as it if it was a sacred prayer, something too holy to fall from human lips.

Shaking her head, the witch caught her own amused smile in the hallway mirror. apparently her imagination had gotten quiet active in he past few weeks.

Just a few days ago, they had been out surveying the property Josh had finally put down the deposit on. His agent had not managed to get the keys for the indoor manor but the grounds were accessible so the blond had proposed a picnic. And though the couple had come armed with a wicker basket and other picnic paraphernalia, they had become more interested in taking stock of he ample grounds than eating. It had started raining hallway through their long walk but not to be deterred, Azalea had insisted on climbing the small rocky outcrop because what was the point of owning a mini hill if you couldn't climb up it and proclaim to be king of the world? Josh had only shaken his head, probably amused by her child like antics but he had helped her up regardless. Not a bad climber by any measure, the witch was still glad for his sturdy support, wondering how he was so adept at managing the uneven surface dressed as usual in his three piece and exquisite Italian cut shoes.

And when they had finally reached the top, he hand't let go.

It had felt natural when he held her hand, like he'd been doing it for years. So Azalea had let him hold it all the way back to her ow home. His grip was never too tight, never too firm, never too clammy, in fact it was almost nonexistent, an invisible assiduity that he would not let her fall but demanding nothing in exchange for that assurance.

But he's married, Azalea murmured crossly to herself that night as she undressed for bed. Josh's jacket, given altruistically to protect her white top from the rain earlier, hung by her nightstand, drying slowly. He has a wife and a son, he probably held your hand because you're sick and accident prone.

Josh didn't seem to be in a hurry to get his jacket back, and Azalea thought no more of it for a few days. It was in the third week of May when she was taking a break from studying and trying to whip up a no carb recipe she had salvaged from her old notes that the witch heard her phone vibrate from the kitchen counter. Unlocking the screen with facial recognition, Azalea saw the text from Josh stating that he now had the key and if she would like to accompany him and a friend on an excursion to explore the indoors. Initially perplexed at the idea of a "friend", the witch flt her face heat with embarrassment. After their last meeting, Josh probably felt the need for a buffer between them.

Well, two could play at that game. Besides, it wasn't like anything had happened beyond him being nice enough to save ehr from falling off a hill and breaking her neck. Sneering a quick but formal reply with an affirmative, Azalea decided she would be the very picture of appropriate today. Choosing a pale peach dress that she was now starting to question (what had Clara been thinking with all that pastel, dark colors clearly uited Azalea more?) along with a matching coat so a repeat incident of the male's jacket would not occur even if all of Surrey was flooded, the witch left the house at half past four, determined to steer the relationship back into safe waters.

The property Josh had purchased was a steady twenty minute walk from the outskirts of Furz Croift but the weather was pleasant and by the time Azalea arrived at his front door, Josh's blue jacket draped carefully over one arm and still in its hanger where she had kept it after washing and ironing it herself, there was a rosy tint to her otherwise almond skin and her hair fell in chocolate wind kissed waves around her shoulder.

Steering herself to remain completely professional, the witch reached out and rang the doorbell. She could do this.

She could remain completely formal in the presence of Josh Murray.

She had no choice if she wanted to remain his friend.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

Birthday : 1996-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)   Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 4:38 pm

Since his Azalea had decided upon heading to university -- an accomplishment the blonde would never have thought to be possible six months ago -- the two of them had spent ample time together for... almost any reason Josh could find that didn't make it look too much. Of course he wanted to spend every waking moment with the witch and their son, but that kind of greed would turn lesser men to failure.

Instead, the blonde had contented himself with the time that he did get with the witch, listening to her every word as if it might be the last time. Even if he knew better than that. They'd been to dinner a couple more times -- under the pretence of getting to know the area better, and exploring the dining options locally -- they'd spent time in the grounds of Furz Croft with the plants his Azalea had been nurturing for some time now, and working through how to make them stronger, or prosper more in the ground they had to work with. There was the exploration of a greenhouse for his Azalea to work with, though the decision hadn't been finalised, and more recently, the adventure around the property that would be held for no other reason than to be in closer proximity to his Azalea.

Josh had left the witch back at Furz Croft after that adventure, his shirt soaked through, but his Azalea didn't seem to have been affected so much as they stood on the porch together. Josh had made his Azalea promise to go straight upstairs and get changed from her wet clothes, and ensure she warmed herself through so that she didn't catch a chill as they stood on the porch together, rivulets of water running down off his fringe and across his face. It took all his control to stop the cold from seeping deeply under his skin, because his own discomfort didn't matter in that moment. His Azalea had promised and with a small kiss to her cheek and a soft goodbye, Josh had watched her hurry inside with a small smile playing on his features.

From there, the rest had gone as normal, Josh waiting -- no, counting -- down the time until it was deemed 'acceptable' for him to get in contact with his Azalea again. To not look too... anything towards the witch. It had to be carefully manipulated, this situation.

But they were growing closer now.

The keys had arrived to his own new property in Surrey and Josh's first reaction had been to text his Azalea. To tell her the good news. He had deliberated around the point for a few moments, though, knowing how close he'd come to pushing things further the last time they'd met. How, on the porch of Furz Croft, he'd wanted nothing more than to step closer, push the sodden locks of hair out of his Azalea's face, and reach down to press his lips to hers. To push them towards the next level of their relationship.

But he had to be patient.

The text had, therefore, asked his Azalea to come with him and a friend to see the property. A friend. How it pained Josh to write of their son in such loose terms, but it had not seemed right to write 'my' son instead of our, so 'friend' had become the word he'd preferred.

Very few things had been brought to Surrey so far, Josh didn't want everything to be done in a day, even though it could, so that he had more reasons to invite his Azalea around to the property. There were a few boxes, but ample food in the kitchen. And, today, Josh's 'friend' would be the new foundation within their relationship.

At the agreed time, the doorbell had sounded, and Josh had moved to get the door. "Hey, A-Azalea." He greeted the witch kindly, stepping aside to allow the witch entry, before moving to greet her with a small kiss on the cheek as had become customary by now. "Thank you for coming." He added, allowing the moment to sink in before he closed the door.

"I was just moving a couple of boxes upstairs. Why don't you head to the kitchen, my friend Ethan is in there at the moment. Make yourself comfortable, and then I'll make us all some coffee, yeah?" The Welshman suggested, waiting for his Azalea to agree to the idea before he moved off upstairs as he'd stated.

There were no boxes to be moved -- least of all by the Lord Murray -- but he needed his Azalea to believe otherwise so that he could do as he wanted.

To watch as she took in their son.

From a distance.

~ Profile ~
Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) Signat10
Signature by the amazing Jess! <3
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)   Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 7:29 pm

The door opened on queue, just as Azalea knew it would. Not strictly punctual by nature, the witch was learning to be unconsciously so because Josh was always on exact time. And it made her feel embarrassed to only be just a minute late. Punctuality was not the only habit she had unconsciously picked up in the blond's presence but whatever else she'd learned vanished from her mind as Josh greeted her kindly, nothing more than perfunctory actions accompanying the greeting.

"I have your jacket," the brunette pointed out unnecessarily, raising ehr right arm on which the garment lay folded. "Washed and ironed by yours truly." A friendly smile accompanied the statement as she took in Josh's appearance.

If she was going for formal, her friend and now neighbor was as casual as she'd ever seen him. Still in smart trousers but this time, no jacket complimented his plain white shirt. Where usually a tie rested on his chest, now a neat row of buttons resided, straining against - and Azalea tried hard not to notice - what appeared to be an extremely ample torso.The top button was undone, probably because he'd been moving boxes all day. To anyone else, Josh would still look formal enough to attend a board meeting but Azalea knew this was probably his equivalent of jeans and a t shirt.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" the witch asked as he ushered her towards the kitchen where Ethan supposedly waited. Leaving her to introduce herself to his friend seemed rather out of character for the blond but she was an adult, she knew how to shake hands and politely say hello. So instead of worrying, the witch simply left her coat neatly folded on the sofa and entered through the kitchen, making a note of how this place was both similar to and different from her own dad's house.

"Hello," she called out before cautiously entering the wide kitchen area. Wood cabinetry, she noticed. Josh was a fan of the classics. Or maybe it was his wife's choice... "Ethan?" she called out, expecting friend or colleague or Josh's but at first glance, the kitchen appeared empty.

Until her eyes landed on the high chair situated beside the counter.

Azalea's breath hitched, stopping somewhere in her throat as she gazed upon the baby sitting calmly in his chair, his big brown eyes looking at her curiously. The child could not have been more than one and yet, unlike other babies, he neither cried out nor fussed at seeing a complete stranger. No, Ethan merely sat in his high chair, a quizzical expression on his shrubby features as if inquiring what her business was in this kitchen.

"H-hi Et-Ethan," Azalea finally managed, letting in a bit of air into her lungs but doing so carefully so as not to disturb the baby. "I didn't kn-know you'd be here," she continued, taking a silent step towards the counter. The toddler held her gaze silently, almost a complete copy of his father.

"I'm Azalea," she introduced herself, her voice automatically slipping into the octaves she sued with children, to let them get familiar with her voice as well as her presence. Though Ethan was a lot younger than Ivan and Adrienne, he was still a child.

And he still reminded her of the emptiness inside her where both her own children should have been.

"I'm a friend of your dad's," she continued, now almost to the high chair. Ethan had still noontide a sound, merely growing frustrated at how slowly she was walking towards him. The toddler in his limited wisdom had decided he wanted a closer look at the stranger, but the stranger wasn't approaching fast enough.

Losing patience, the baby raised a tiny arm towards her, as if demanding she come closer and Azalea was only too happy to oblige., Reaching out for the child, she lifted him gently from his seat... and brought him close to her chest in a cuddle.

And as she enveloped the child in her arms, for the first time since last September, Azalea felt whole.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)   Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Taking his jacket back from his Azalea with a soft thank you, Josh made off towards the upstairs of the house, stopping near the top to send the jacket on its own to the wardrobe so that he could still be within ear shot of his Azalea. The witch had moved through to the kitchen, Josh could hear her footsteps even if they were barely audible to the rest of the world, his body in tune with her every movement. His Azalea's voice rose up from the kitchen as Josh moved silently back down the stairs, listening intently to each word that was spoken.

"H-hi Et-Ethan,"

Josh's breath caught in his throat as he leaned against the wall, eavesdropping on this moment that he knew he couldn't be a part of. Not just yet. His Azalea needed a moment to assess the situation. To see their son. To adapt. The way her voice had wobbled just a little in that moment had brought the smallest shine of...

"I didn't kn-know you'd be here,"

The words were still coming out stuttered, but they were growing with confidence as his Azalea grew closer to their child. He could only imagine how she looked, drinking in the image of the child, seeing the likenesses of the child and them. Her likenesses in the child that Josh could see so, so clearly.

"I'm Azalea,"

A warm touch in the usually icily cold eyes of the blond could have been seen in that moment if any one had laid eyes upon Joshua Murray, but as he stood in the hallway, using the mirror opposite the kitchen door to watch his Azalea, nobody could have borne witness to the moment.

They didn't need to either.

Watching his Azalea move closer to their son, Josh willed her to do whatever came naturally. To do whatever she wanted in that moment. Whatever made her happy. For a moment, Josh watched with baited breath as Azalea stood before their son, wishing with anything in the world that he could see her features, her eyes. He may not be the best at reading emotion, he'd always struggled to read those, but with his Azalea... he was sure he would have seen it...

Ethan, uncharacteristically of the small boy, reached out to the woman before him. Perhaps knowing, perhaps curious, but definitely not of his character. Beckoning her closer as if he knew who she was, even if his Azalea could not recognise the child herself. Not content with the mirror image of the moment, Josh moved to the door way -- silently -- and leaned gently against the door way, his head resting on the wooden frame as he watched the two together. They way his Azalea naturally moved in to the comforting role of Ethan's mother. The way Ethan cuddled in to the 'stranger' more than happily in that moment, his small fist curling in to the material of her dress as his head rested upon her chest.

Everything in that moment was simply perfect, save for the empty space on the witch's left hand.

Joshua refused to break the moment, either, so he made no sound that would interrupt, merely waiting at the doorway to be caught watching, or else for his Azalea to place their son back in his chair to allow him the opportunity to move again.

But for now, he would not... could not, bring himself to intrude.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)   Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 pm

Slabs of pinkish gold sunset poured through the high windows of the living room where Azalea now sat, comfortable with her feet tucked underneath her on the soft grey couch. She had been right in her assumptions earlier, Josh did prefer a more dated aesthetic around him. Having grown up around glass and steel and cables running through everything, the brunette found it soothing somewhat. As if the page of an old classic had opened up and protectively folded her within its elegant illustrations.

Little Ethan slept peacefully in her lap, cuddled in her safe embrace.

The witch didn't remember how long she had held the baby in the kitchen, trying not to cry as she buried him into a hug, feeling his soft form against her and smelling the smell that only came from babies. By the time she realized she had been holding him too long, there was already a steady trail of tears running down ehr cheeks. To Ethan's credit, he stayed quiet for longer than babies his age would have, engaging himself in thoroughly investigating the visitor by rubbing his head against the material of her dress, picking at her chocolate strands with his tiny fingers and even opening his mouth slightly to see if he would be fed. But after a while when it looked like the stranger would do nothing impressive, he did what babies did when they're bored.

The toddler let out a loud wail.

Almost immediately, Josh was by her side, taking the boy from her and swinging him gently into his arms. Azalea opened her mouth to apologize, realized she must look a mess and turned way, trying to discretely wipe at the tear stains across her skins. Luckily, the blond had either not noticed her meltdown or was giving her the dignity that came with the privacy in which one dealt with their emotions.

When she was certain she could get her act together again, Azalea turned to the father and son, ready to apologize for making the baby cry when Josh merely flashed her a smile, indicating that Ethan was quiet and gurgling once more. Far from blaming Azalea for the wails earlier, the man simply handed the baby back to her.

As if he trusted the witch completely with Ethan's well being.

"Coffee then?" he'd asked, motioning for her to go through to the living room as he busied himself in the kitchen. Silently, the brunette obeyed, carrying the baby more carefully than she'd held anything else in her life. A few minutes later, the owner of the house joined them, two steaming mugs and a baby bottle for than in hand.

They had continued chatting well into the evening, not realizing when the sun sunk lower and lower across the horizon. In fact, Azalea only realized how much time had passed when Ethan's soft snores reverberated through her, her dark brown eyes fixed on the peaceful child.

"He's perfect," she murmured absentmindedly. "I can't imagine wanting anything more in the world after having him."

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)   Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:51 am

How long they'd stood in the same room without his Azalea noticing his presence, Josh could not be sure, his focus was upon the witch who was gently rocking their son in her arms as she stood in the kitchen, drinking him in hungrily as if he might disappear if she took her eyes off of him for too long. It was mesmerising, truly, watching the two of them together, Ethan exploring the new person with the intimacy that could be forgiven in such a young person. The way his small fingers played with his mother's hair was one that Josh committed to memory.

From his vantage point, Josh could not make out the silent tears that crept down his Azalea's cheeks, but he could see the contentment in his son's features of being in his mother's arms now. That was enough.

But, as if realising that this moment was much too precious, as if realising Josh had come too greedy with the situation in which he now found himself, Ethan's lungs let out the earsplitting wail of a small child, and Josh hurried forth to settle his son, hoping that it would not spoil the moment for his Azalea, or scare her away...

As he took the child in to his arms, Josh's eyes caught sight of the tears on his Azalea's cheeks, his chest twisting almost painfully at the sight. She'd turned away in the same moment, though, and Josh's attention had turned to their son, hushing him gently from the racket he was making. The miniature version of the Lord Murray settled quickly, content in the attention of his father now. Fickle beings, children, Josh had found in the past nine months, but he would not swap their son for the world.

With Ethan contented, Josh's attention returned to his Azalea who had found her composure once more, he'd offered her a small smile before handing Ethan back, and then busied himself with the coffee he'd offered the witch a life time ago, now. The coffee had been served, and Josh had served the two cups in the sitting room, a tin of biscuits accompanying them that had been placed in the new house by Merlin only knew which member of staff. They had slipped in to easy conversation once more, Ethan interrupting only to gain his mother's attention every now and then when he felt she'd decided there was something of greater interest than him. Those moments allowed Josh to watch his Azalea with their son from the opposite sofa, drinking in their chemistry without apology.

"He's perfect,"

His Azalea's words had only been soft, but Josh had, of course, caught them as she looked fondly at the child. Josh's lips played at a smile, a smile that knew the truth, but couldn't tell it to the woman before him. Not yet. "He is. Much like his mother in that respect." Josh admitted softly, though his eyes were not on his son, but the woman holding the infant who's breathing came out in soft snores now.

"I can't imagine wanting anything more in the world after having him."

"There is very little." Josh agreed, his eyes falling to his son in that moment. There was a softness to the blond in watching the two people before him. A softness that no one else in the world would ever be permitted to see. A vulnerability, no matter how small, before that side closed off again once more. "His mother wasn't very well when he was born. She decided to leave Ethan with me, because she couldn't care for him." Josh explained, allowing his Azalea in a little more with the carefully constructed story that he knew would bring them to a closer bond because it would come close to his Azalea's own heart.

"I don't know if she will ever be able to come back in to Ethan's life... my life..." Josh explained, keeping the details very vague but also feeding just enough in the same moment. "He needs a mother figure in his life." Josh admitted, playing deeply on the caring nature of his Azalea, beckoning her closer to staying with them, without actually asking so much of her.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)   Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:20 am

The witch found herself completely under the sleeping child's spell. After having held him for this long, parting from him seemed like an impossibility, but she knew she must. Sooner rather than later, she would have to hand the child back to his father, and leave. Leave to go home and close her bedroom door, leave to collapse on the marbled floor of her room and cry to herself all night long because Azalea did not have the luxury of crying herself to sleep.

But for now, she was here, and Ethan was with her, and his father didn't seem in a hurry to see ehr off.

"He is. Much like his mother in that respect."

The comment was delivered softly enough but it made ehr look up. Of course, there was a mother in the picture. She had known that. The painful thudding of ehr heart had no business being as pronounced as it ws being as the confirmation of soemthing she already knew.

But Josh wasn't done. As he continued, telling of the mother that was too sick to care, a mother who may never return, selfishly, the knot of grief inside her loosen. She was a horrible human being for the slight inklings of opportunity she felt, her arms unconsciously securing themselves more snugly around the baby. But Ethan didn't have a mother, and she didn't have a son.

Would it really be so bad?

"I'm so sorry," she spoke quietly, trying to inject as much sincerity into the statement as she could to make up for her own selfish thoughts. "That's an awful thing for you and Ethan to have to go through."

The toddler slept on peacefully, unaware of the discussion taking place in his presence. If she had left shortly after he was born, he wouldn't remember his mother. No, the memories would be Josh's alone. "If... If you ever need someone to babysit... I promise, I'm really good with children, I use to watch Iv- I mean, I was staying with a friend and he had two children, and I loved hanging out with them."

Ivan and Adrienne too were like this baby boy, devoid of a mother and with a father trying to make the best of a bad situation. Jake at least had a lot of help, Josh was all alone.

Josh had also never made her feel like her right to his child was secondary. In fact, somehow, Josh always made her feel like her presence was the most important thing in a place... Even the competing presence of his own son had not made her feel like an outsider of the bunch.

The man sitting opposite her, smiling softly a the baby in ehr lap, was truly a good soul who deserved better.

"I don't know how helpful I can be," she managed, trying not to let her emotions take over once more. "But at the very least I hope you'll know you aren't alone, not as long as I'm around." Lowering her head slightly, the witch didn't meet his eyes, choosing to look upon Ethan's peaceful features instead as she spoke.

"Please let me help," it was a silent plea, but one nonetheless. She would do anything for the child, Azalea simply knew it. And all she craved was a chance to prove it, over and over again.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)   Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 12:41 pm

The soft comforting apology that came from his Azalea made Josh gently wave away the worry that had touched her features. It was not a problem, not really, but the witch would not understand that the mother he spoke of sat in the room, with their child, and he no longer had cause for concern when it came to her wellbeing, or Ethan's. Everything, Josh knew, would fall in to place, with time.

The offers of help brought a small nod and a smile of appreciation from Josh in that moment. "That would be most helpful, if you wouldn't mind." Josh replied, taking on the air of a relieved parent who knew they would have an extra pair of hands to hand if the need arose. Even if they were not needed, his Azalea's help would be the most important for their son. Ethan needed his mother in his life.

For a short while, Josh allowed a comfortable silence to grace the room, his Azalea's eyes once more resting upon the child in her arms in a manner that spoke of a mother's love for a child. If only... the thought was selfish of him, but it had been squashed before it could fully form.

"Would you like to help me put Ethan to bed, A-Azalea?" Josh asked after a short while, knowing it was time to get the child to bed before it became too late and his routine was taken out of kilter. The agreement to that statement had come without a second thought, and Josh had allowed his Azalea to carry Ethan upstairs to the room that had been set up for the child already. Together, they worked to get the still slumbering child from his day clothes in to his nighttime wear, and Josh gave the honour of settling the child in his bed to his Azalea. Ethan had made little fuss throughout, and thought Josh knew it was not a Lady's place to do all of these things, nor his, he couldn't help but enjoy the moment.

When they were both sure than Ethan was settled, they exited the room quietly and returned downstairs. It was growing late now, Josh reflected, and though he would prefer for his Azalea to stay, the blond knew that baby steps were still needed. Offering to walk the witch home -- after reassuring her that Ethan would be fine, and that he had an app (the staff would be back the moment the duo left) on his phone that would alert him to Ethan's distress -- Josh had thanked his Azalea once more for her kind offer of helping out with Ethan in the future, and assured her he would take her up on it, but also that she was always welcome to come round to visit the two of them now that they had met.

On the doorstep of Furz Croft, Josh had leaned down and pressed a kiss upon his Azalea's cheek as normal, though with a difference this time. Instead of the kiss nestling softly in the middle of her cheek in the area of safety he usually liked to use, the male's lips had nestled closer to her lips than the centre of her cheek. Still soft in it's placement, not daring to ask for more, but planting the seed for future meetings.

"Goodnight, A-Azalea," Josh had whispered after a small pause, before carefully backing down the steps of the Harrington home, and turning away in to the night.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)   Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh) Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I stay? Would it be a sin? (Josh)
Page 1 of 1