Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Quidditch World Cup 2026 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Quidditch World Cup 2026 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Quidditch World Cup 2026 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Quidditch World Cup 2026 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Quidditch World Cup 2026 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Quidditch World Cup 2026

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Administrator

The Administrator

The Quidditch World Cup 2026 Empty
PostSubject: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 EmptySun May 26, 2019 2:36 pm

Quidditch World Cup 2026
July 2026

Ladies and Gentlemen, the much anticipated Quidditch World Cup has arrived, and this year, we're in for something of a treat, that much is for sure! We've had surprises a plenty this year, as many of the avid fans may have noticed along the qualification road! France have made a shock qualification in to this year's tournament, despite only managing to catch the Snitch once in their qualifying campaign, the somewhat talented Chasers rocked up enough points to gain qualification to the World Cup!

As we know, America have refused their place in this year's tournament, which allowed Saint Lucia a place in this year's competition -- all the best to them!

Without further ado, though, here come the qualified countries, sorted in to their groups. Remember, your team will have to play a game against each team in their group, and only the top two can progress to the knock out stages!

GroupCountryCountryCountryCountry
Group AItaly (Hosts)KyrgyzstanEcuadorAustria
Group BSao Tome & Principe Solomon IslandsVenezulaChile
Group CBarbadosLuxembourgSloveniaSpain
Group DMauritiusIraqSouth AfricaNetherlands
Group ESan MarinoZimbabweUgandaGermany
Group FHong KongSaint LuciaRepublic of IrelandBosnia & Herzegovina
Group GBritish Virgin Islands (Top Seed)MalaysiaCyprusArgentina
Group HMacauAzerbaijanMontenegroFrance

This year, we're not sure where the Quidditch World Cup will end up, so keep tuned here to find out how your team is getting on in the Quidditch Cup!
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 11:11 am

Group A

The Quidditch World Cup is now under way, and it promises to be a good summer with some pretty interesting teams making the final 32. Our analysis starts with Group A, though. With the hosts, Italy, being the Seeded team -- and most certainly not one of the best teams in the running -- we're hoping for some pretty good games throughout the group stage.

In Group A, Kyrgyzstan are hoping to join Italy in the final 16, but only time will tell...

DateHome Team
vsAway Team
25 June 2026 (AM Game)Italy30vsKyrgyzstan350
25 June 2026 (PM Game)Ecuador250vsAustria190
3 July 2026 (AM Game)Kyrgyzstan160vsEcuador70
3 July 2026 (PM Game)Italy280vsAustria160
11 July 2026 (AM Game)Kyrgyzstan130vsAustria230
11 July 2026 (PM Game)Italy160vsEcuador160
Golden, bolded text denotes who caught the Snitch.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, Group A has dealt us with quite the surprise! Italy have bombed out of their group with a dismal display, finishing last in their group. We also have a surprise finish from Austria, managing to progress out of their group in to the Final 16! Anyone who put their money on the Austrians to do this well is a brave man, or woman, but it just goes to prove the Quidditch World Cup is fully of surprises!

Kyrgyzstan and Austria move on to the Final 16.

StandingTeamTotal Points
1Kyrgyzstan640
2Austria580
3Ecuador480
4Italy470
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 5:06 pm

Group B

Well, Group A gave us some hiccups in those who qualified for the next round, I wonder if Group B will off something of the same?

Group B's main contenders are Sao Tome & Principe and the Solomon Islands. Chile are noted down as the easy pickings for the round, but with the South Americans be able to put up a good fight and qualify.

Only time will tell folks, but let the games begin!

DateHome Team
vsAway Team
26 June 2026 (AM Game)Sao Tome & Principe80vsSolomon Islands190
26 June 2026 (PM Game)Venezuela50vsChile240
4 July 2026 (AM Game)Solomon Islands150vsVenezuela280
4 July 2026 (PM Game)Sao Tome & Principe10vsChile270
12 July 2026 (AM Game)Solomon Islands10vsChile290
12 July 2026 (PM Game)Sao Tome & Principe340vsVenezuela50

If we thought Group A had given us surprises, then we had clearly counted our chickens much too early! The Chile players were obviously in the mood to create controversy at these games, and Merlin's beard,they have done so! Not only did they catch the Snitch in each of their games, they completely thrashed all of their opponents with goals scored, too! Going to be frank, but I would not want to be the one who goes up against them in the Final 16!

Chile and Sao Tome & Principe move on to the Final 16.

StandingTeamTotal Points
1Chile800
2Sao Tome & Principe430
3Venezuela380
4Solomon Island350
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Group C

After our last couple of groups, I'm a little afraid to announce those likely to move through to the next round of the competition, when each of my predictions has shown to be wrong, ladies and gentlemen! Group C gives us varying levels of talent, though, with Barbados the bookies favourite to make it through to the Final 16.

The European teams on display in Group C are quite far apart when it comes to talent, too, with Spain having a turbulent route to the Final 16 -- they managed to clutch enough points by catching the Snitch to sneak past the English team everyone had been hoping to see this summer, so there may be a number of English people wanting revenge by seeing them leave in the first rounds.

As always, though, I'm holding my breath to see how this all pans out...

DateHome Team
vsAway Team
27 June 2026 (AM Game)Barbados320vsLuxembourg50
27 June 2026 (PM Game)Slovenia190vsSpain220
5 July 2026 (AM Game)Luxembourg170vsSlovenia320
5 July 2026 (PM Game)Barbados340vsSpain190
13 July 2026 (AM Game)Luxembourg310vsSpain200
13 July 2026 (PM Game)Barbados310vsSlovenia40

Wow-wee! What a high scoring, high tempo group that was! The chasers for all of the sides were on fire throughout the whole of Group C, 176 goals scored in just six matches! We were definitely kept on the edge of our seats throughout this Group stages, with (for once!) the favourite showing us what a World Cup is all about! Not to mention, Spain, who pretty much everyone had written off (or maybe that's just the Brit in me?) have managed to sneak through to the finals, despite only catching the Snitch once!

You really couldn't write this, folks!

Barbados and Spain move on to the Final 16.

StandingTeamTotal Points
1Barbados970
2Spain610
3Slovenia550
4Luxembourg530
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 8:05 pm

Group D

Phew...

Have we all caught our breath from that whirlwind of a ride? I'm not sure I have, and with such unexpected outcomes, I'm not even sure where to begin with my introduction to Group D! They have a lot to live up to, that's for sure!

Group D sees us turning our attention to Mauritius and Iraq's teams for the first and second place of this group. Iraq have been on fire in qualifications, thundering to very clear wins throughout their qualification campaign -- if we're looking to them for the high scores, this should be a good Group to follow.

As always, though, we won't know until the final game finishes who will be going through to the Final 16!

DateHome Team
vsAway Team
28 June 2026 (AM Game)Mauritius280vsIraq60
28 June 2026 (PM Game)South Africa180vsNetherlands20
6 July 2026 (AM Game)Iraq180vsSouth Africa190
6 July 2026 (PM Game)Mauritius130vsNetherlands360
14 July 2026 (AM Game)Iraq140vsNetherlands290
14 July 2026 (PM Game)Mauritius150vsSouth Africa

The predictions for this World Cup are completely off the scales this year! The Netherlands and South Africa have just played giant killers at this year's game, by completely knocking out the highest ranking teams in their group. I'm not even sure what went on through most of this group, as shock after shock was dealt to us! Iraq didn't look like they'd even turned up to the World Cup, or perhaps all of the teams had done their research to keep the team at bay. Whatever it was, it definitely worked, and yet another very talented team has been halted in their tracks!

If I were a betting woman, I would definitely be placing my hand with the Netherlands, because their team is on fire with their tactics this World Cup...

Netherlands & South Africa move on to the Final 16.

StandingTeamTotal Points
1Netherlands670
2South Africa650
3Mauritius560
4Iraq380
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Group E

I have been asked by the Captain of San Marino not to mention how they're one of the bookies favourites for the tournament this year, ranked the second highest. And seeing as I have been asked nicely, I won't do this to them...

Zimbabwe are looking to progress to the last sixteen, with Germany waiting to be decimated by the others in the group -- they're the second worst ranked team in the world... how they're here, I will never be able to explain to you!

Still, it's the QWC!

This group is my personal favourite, because I totally put a Knut or two on Germany to progress! Love an outsider, but I've probably just wasted that...

DateHome Team
vsAway Team
29 June 2026 (AM Game)San Marino200vsZimbabwe210
29 June 2026 (PM Game)Uganda170vsGermany360
7 July 2026 (AM Game)Zimbabwe120vsUganda350
7 July 2026 (PM Game)San Marino40vsGermany310
15 July 2026 (AM Game)Zimbabwe330vsGermany130
15 July 2026 (PM Game)San Marino230vs
Uganda

Merlin's soggy socks...

If I have a job left by the end of this World Cup, I will be a lucky woman! San Marino and Zimbabwe fall out of the World Cup after Germany trash their opposition. I don't know where the Germans learned to fly like they did, but they were ruthless on the field throughout the whole tournament, and with the highest total score, the top the group.

I'm off to cash in my bet, because I am definitely going to be buying all the rounds this evening!

Germany and Uganda move on to the Final 16.

StandingTeamTotal Points
1Germany800
2Uganda720
3Zimbabwe660
4San Marino470

Last edited by The Administrator on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Group F

Okay, okay, okay, I've got it this time...

No saying who should win. No saying who is bad.

Group F consists of Hong Kong, Saint Lucia, Republic of Ireland and Bosnia & Herzegovina. That's all I'm allowed to tell you guys...

May the best team win!

DateHome Team
vsAway Team
30 June 2026 (AM Game)Hong Kong250vsSaint Lucia30
30 June 2026 (PM Game)Republic of Ireland180vsBosnia & Herzegovina80
8 July 2026 (AM Game)Saint Lucia210vsRepublic of Ireland320
8 July 2026 (PM Game)Hong Kong240vsBosnia & Herzegovina210
16 July 2026 (AM Game)Saint Lucia180vsBosnia & Herzegovina210
16 July 2026 (PM Game)Hong Kong170vs
Republic of Ireland

Yay! Yay! Yay!

The top seeded team have qualified! Hong Kong go through to the final sixteen with a relatively uneventful tournament. Bar the game against the Republic of Ireland which had everyone on the edge of their seats with the very closely fought game, until the Irish Seeker swooped in to bring a halt to the building pressure of the Hong Kong team!

Saint Lucia bombed out, but with their last minute call up after the USA bowed out of this year's games, I'm not surprised!

Republic of Ireland and Hong Kong move on to the Final 16.

StandingTeamTotal Points
1Republic of Ireland810
2Hong Kong660
3Bosnia & Herzegovina500
4Saint Lucia420
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 8:29 am

Group G

We're in to the penultimate group now, fans across the world are holding their breath in anticipation as the results for the last four teams to join the top sixteen are about to be announced. The final eight teams are all offering promising games, but only time will tell if expectations will be met.

Today, we move to Group G, consisting of the highest seed, the British Virgin Islands. We're hoping to see them move through to the final sixteen, but as we know from my previous commentary, not everything goes to plan!

Joining the British Virgin Islands in Group G are Malaysia -- note that the Malaysian team has caused massive controversy in their decision to be the only team in the whole World Cup to have an all female team! I may be a little biased when I say I want Malaysia to smash everyone out of the Cup, but do it for the girl power!

Honorary mentions for Cyprus and Argentina also joining us in Group G!

DateHome Team
vsAway Team
1 July 2026 (AM Game)British Virgin Islands180vsMalaysia350
1 July 2026 (PM Game)Cyprus50vsArgentina240
9 July 2026 (AM Game)Malaysia250vsCyprus100
9 July 2026 (PM Game)British Virgin Islands190vsArgentina170
17 July 2026 (AM Game)Malaysia180vsArgentina50
17 July 2026 (PM Game)British Virgin Islands150vs
Cyprus

My luck is in everyone!

Malaysia don't fall prey to my bad luck of noting them as a team to be reckoned with, and the British Virgin Islands don't do too shabbily either! You should see the smile on the faces of the Malaysian team's faces! Please excuse me, I have to go congratulate these magicians of Quidditch personally! Well, there's one special monobrowed beauty, but semantics!

*scurrying sounds left through the still on-air mic*

Malaysia and the British Virgin Islands move on to the Final 16.

StandingTeamTotal Points
1Malaysia780
2British Virgin Islands520
3Cyprus500
4Argentina460
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 8:43 am

Group H

We're in to the final group stages now! Just Group H to finish off. And... well, this group is a little bit of a nothing group, truthfully. France are expected to go out in the first rounds -- but we know from my previous commentary it doesn't always work like that.

Macau, Montenegro and Azerbaijan are all 'okay' teams, no real stand out players, in truth, but none of them truly as awful as the French team -- sorry Monsieur Clement!

Will we see an upset? Merlin only knows!

DateHome Team
vsAway Team
2 July 2026 (AM Game)Macau60vsAzerbaijan300
2 July 2026 (PM Game)Montenegro320vsFrance140
10 July 2026 (AM Game)Azerbaijan250vsMontenegro110
10 July 2026 (PM Game)Macau340vsFrance160
18 July 2026 (AM Game)Azerbaijan180vsFrance90
18 July 2026 (PM Game)Macau10vs
Montenegro

There we go, just as predicted! France flop out of the World Cup in last place in their group. Though, in fairness to the team, they did score quite a few goals throughout the group games, their Seeker just wasn't quick enough to give them the possibility of moving in to the Final 16.

Azerbaijan and Montenegro gave us some very interesting games, though, making the race for top spot one of the closest run groups in the whole World Cup. 

Azerbaijan and Montenegro move on to the Final 16.

StandingTeamTotal Points
1Azerbaijan730
2Montenegro720
3Macau410
4France390
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 8:58 am

Final 16 Fixtures

Has everyone caught their breath? What a whirlwind of Group Stages that was! We have had a fair few surprises come up through the groups, but that is why everyone loves the Quidditch World Cup!

The Final 16 Fixtures start tomorrow, so, a quick preview for you all so you know where you can place your bets!

Finishing PositionTeamvsTeamFinishing Position
Winner of Group AKyrgyzstanvsSao Tome & PrincipeRunner Up of Group B
Winner of Group CBarbadosvsSouth AfricaRunner Up of Group D
Winner of Group EGermanyvsHong KongRunner Up of Group F
Winner of Group GMalaysiavsMontenegroRunner Up of Group H
Winner of Group BChilevsAustriaRunner Up of Group A
Winner of Group DNetherlandsvsSpainRunner Up of Group C
Winner of Group FRepublic of IrelandvsUgandaRunner Up of Group E
Winner of Group HAzerbaijanvsBritish Virgin IslandsRunner Up of Group G

The British Virgin Islands still remain the most backed team of the competition, but we have had more than enough upsets throughout the competition to know that this might not be the case.

I would definitely watch out for both the Republic of Ireland and Hong Kong, both teams put on good displays in their group. The Malaysian team caught every Snitch in their games, and the weird chanting from the crowd as Kiran dives for the little golden ball seems to be putting teams off massively. Uganda scored highly throughout the group stages, but now, we take a new turn.

In the Final Sixteen matches, you only have one game to get through to the Final eight. Whoever scores the highest goes through, as always.

Make sure you get your final bets in, I here the booth is closing up soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Quidditch World Cup 2026
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next