Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Quidditch World Cup 2026

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Administrator

The Administrator

The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 1:06 pm

The Final Sixteen...

How is everyone's excitement level? As we all know, there can only be one winner from each game. Each team has to fight it out and obtain as many points as they can in order to make it through to the next round. Whilst catching the Snitch will most certainly help your team, it doesn't always mean that your team will go through.

So, without further ado, let the games begin!

DateTeamScorevsScoreTeam
19 July 2026 (AM Game)Kyrgyzstan170vs20Sao Tome & Principe
19 July 2026 (PM Game)Barbados200vs170South Africa
20 July 2026 (AM Game)Germany170vs60Hong Kong
20 July 2026 (PM Game)Malaysia190vs10Montenegro
21 July 2026 (AM Game)Chile290vs190Austria
21 July 2026 (PM Game)Netherlands200vs300Spain
22 July 2026 (AM Game)Republic of Ireland250vs60Uganda
22 July 2026 (PM Game)Azerbaijan320vs30British Virgin Islands

Golden, bolded text denotes who caught the Snitch.

Okay everyone, lets just take a moment to catch our breath...

Kyrgyzstan vs Sao Tome & Principe is probably one of the quickest games I've ever witnessed in Quidditch History! With each team scoring two goals a piece in a fast tempo first five minutes, I don't think any of the crowd expected the young Seeker from Kyrgyzstan to swoop for the Snitch so quickly! Of course, good tactics by the Kyrgyzstan team -- the quicker you catch the Snitch, the more likely you are to go through, and they proved that as they moved through to the Final Eight in style!

Barbados were running away in their game, embarrassing the South African team with their 180 point lead. Whether the South African Seeker was aware of the fact catching the Snitch wouldn't be enough to save his team and put them through to the final eight, or whether he wanted to save his country further embarrassment, nobody can be sure. But South Africa caught the Snitch, despite it meaning they would not make the next round!

The Germany vs Hong Kong game was lacklustre at best. We were expecting much better from both teams, and thankfully, after an hour of little to commentate on, the Germans caught the Snitch, and put us all out of our misery. With that display, Hong Kong certainly deserved to go home!

Similar to the Kyrgyzstan team, the Malaysian team of beauties chose to follow the same tactics. And with K-K-Kiran swooping for the Snitch after only seven and a half minutes of play, the crowd was full of gusto, and the eeiry encouragement that has been putting most teams off back in full force, the team came out triumphant! And, I'm telling you, the after party was the most fun I've ever experienced in my life! The food? Out of this world, believe me when I say that no Malaysian needs a reason to feed you good food, but with their team going through, the feast was divine!

Chile vs Austria game us out first game of decent play! Austria had pushed out of the stalls the quickest, racking up their first 100 points in next to no time. Chile, as ever, were resilient, though, and fought back heroically in this battle. With both teams scores over one hundred, the Seekers were on the hunt for the Snitch hard. The Beaters were doing their best to put them off, as usual, but it was a mistaken blast from Josef Brandstätter threw Stefanie Enzinger from her broom in one of the nastiest incidents at the games, leaving the Chile Seeker with no competition for her catch. Stefanie is in a stable condition, we're told, and all of us here wish her a speedy recovery.

As if following suit on this, the Netherlands and Spain decided to give us quite the spectacular show, too! Both teams racked up high scores for this round, proving that neither team should be written off when it comes to European teams that have usually been easy pickings. Just as the Netherlands thought they might be heading in to the next round, though, the Spanish Seeker had caught the Snitch, giving them a clear win by 100 points!

Home favourites (for my British audience) Republic of Ireland were tasked with beating the higher seeded team of Uganda. But the Irish did not disappoint in their performance, clearly they were briefed hard to get in front as soon as possible (they went one goal down with their nervy start, but quickly recovered) and when they had worked up a two goal lead Fiona MacNamara brought out her A-Game! Showing off her undeniably perfect Wronski Feint that send the Ugandan Seeker through the stands (nobody was hurt) and free to chase down the Snitch unhampered for a good minute. This didin't result in a catch, the Snitch was devlish in it's flight, but before the Ugandadn Seeker could catch back up, Fiona had swiped the Snitch from the air, giving them a really well deserved win.

Finally, we turned our attention to competition favourites British Virgin Islands who had to get past Azerbaijan. It should have been an easy task on paper, in truth, but after Azerbaijan winning their group, the team had grown in confidence. That confidence would soon trample the tournament favourites, meaning Azerbaijan are through to the final eight!

The Final Eight are:

Kyrgyzstan
Barbados
Germany
Malaysia
Chile
Spain
Republic of Ireland
Azerbaijan
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 1:29 pm

The Final Eight...

Things are starting to heat up now, with only eight teams left in the competition tensions are rising! Who will come up victorious in the end? The chances are only increasing for your favourite team to win the World Cup, and the nail biting of most fans will certainly be in full force now, if it wasn't already! To save you all some anxiety, I will delay no further as we look through who will make it to the Final Four!

Once again, highest score moves through to the next round!

Date
Team
Score
vs
Score
Team
23 July 2026 (AM Game)Kyrgyzstan190vs290Azerbaijan
23 July 2026 (PM Game)Barbados10vs330Republic of Ireland
24 July 2026 (AM Game)Germany180vs150Spain
24 July 2026 (PM Game)Malaysia280vs30Chile

Kyrgyzstan's fine run has been brought to a highly climatic end! Our first quarter final was definitely something to appreciate with both teams not qiving in to the other easily. Caution was thrown to the wind, and one of the most aggressive games of the tournament was provided to us to watch. I am definitely not complaining, but I do feel a little sorry for the Kyrgyzstan team who look completely defeated as they came off the Pitch at the end of the game. Azerbaijan were just more capable with their final play.

The home nations are, once again, celebrating triumphantly as Fiona McNamara and her team have flown through to victory! Did Barbados even turn up today? I'm not sure they did with that abysmal performance. The Irish team were just unstoppable, though, I'm not even sure the Malaysians will be able to tame them! But they deserved it, that much was for sure, and the score line truly shows the difference in quality surrounding the two teams.

The European fight off between Spain and Germany proved to be one sided, with the Spanish easily outdoing their German counterparts in most parts of the field. With the exception of the Seekers. It looked like Spain would cruise to victory, in honesty, but the Germans were not going to allow such things, and before Spain's lead could be extended too far, they caught the Snitch, securing their place in the semi-finals!

Our final game saw Malaysia take on Chile. Malaysia followed on from their last game, clearly much better than the South Americans who much like Barbados, didn't show up to the game. Malaysia were left with the free for all, and took advantage of it. Kiran caught the Snitch once her team had given the crowd their fill of excitement, and Chile were saved from deep embarrassment. If anybody needs me, I'll be with the Malaysian team, enjoying the celebrations once more!

Final Four:

Azerbaijan
Republic of Ireland
Germany
Malaysia
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 9:41 am

The Semi-Finals...

Ladies and gentlemen, it's that time we've been running up to, the semi-finals of the 2026 World Cup! Azerbaijan, the Republic of Ireland, Germany and Malaysia are all going to battle it out to get to the Final of the Quidditch World Cup. Our only surprise semi-finalist are the German team, who have shown time and time again that underestimating anyone at the World Cup is definitely a bad idea!

So, without further ado, here come the results...

DateTeamScorevsScoreTeam
25 July 2026 (AM Game)Azerbaijan50vsMalaysia360
25 July 2026 (PM Game)Republic of Ireland260vsGermany200

What a pair of semi-finals we were treated to ladies and gentlemen! A good show has been put on for us all by both the teams! Azerbaijan's fuel tank seemed to be running low, or else the Malaysian Chasers were given the best of luck by their friends and family this morning that they were able to run rings around them! Whatever the case, may be, Malaysia are through to the final with their great chanting skills that seem to be working wonders in putting the other teams off!

The Germans and Irish teams were locked in for a good game, too, with a very high scoring match between both of them. The Republic of Ireland looked to be about to bomb out of the competition as time drew on and the Germans got themselves ninety points ahead of their competitors, but once again the hero of Ireland is Fiona McNamara who caught the Snitch in the most tantalising of fashions to bring her team in to the finals of the world cup!

We're in for one of the best finals in a very long time, I think, with both the Malaysian and Irish team being more than on fire throughout the competition.

Tune in soon for the Final, guys, this cannot be missed for the world!

(And, for those who care, the third place playoff also takes place too!)
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 10:02 am

Third Place Playoff

Before we move on to the biggest of announcement of the summer, a quick show of Quidditch prowess for you all! Azerbaijan and Germany will play one final game to find out who came third in the competition. Based on how previous games have gone, I wouldn't like to be the one to call this game, and though it may only be a consolation prize, this still helps to rack up points in the international standings of each country in the Quidditch world leagues.

Will it be Azerbaijan or Germany, only time will tell!

DateTeamScorevsScoreTeam
26 July 2026Azerbaijan160vs250Germany

Well, there we have it! The second lowest ranked team at the Quidditch World Cup have done something quite extraordinary in getting to third place in the competition! To say we were not expecting the Germans to do so well would be a vast understatement, but they have more than surpassed the expectations that were sent to them!

A huge congratulations to the Germans, and consolations to the Azerbaijan team, and from all of us, thank you for the great games you have gifted this World Cup!
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 10:32 am

The World Cup Final!

The game we've all been waiting for is here, everyone! I don't need to tell you just how much tension is now surrounding both camps! The Malaysian team's shoulders have never been so tense as they build up to the final, I can assure you of that much!

Today's focus though, will be on the skill and tactics put in place of both Seekers. Fiona McNamara versus K-K-Kiran is going to be one of the most explosive encounters the world will get to see. Who will come out triumphant?

The betting pools have gone crazy over night, and honestly, I have no clue who is going to come out triumphant in this!

Attention turns to the VIP boxes, though, the Minister of Magic here in Italy is thanking us all for being here, but as is to be expected of late, the cameras are turned instead to the guest of honour at today's game. Jacques Clement, accompanied by young Mimosa, is in the crowds today, turning more and more heads as time goes by. The young Clement ward looks beautiful, as she always does when seen publicly with Jacques, and today is definitely no exception as she smiles and waves out to the world after Jacques motions to the big screen they've been captured upon! Aren't these two an adorable sight?

Oh! The Italian Minister has just offered the klaxon to Jacques to set off the Final of the Quidditch World Cup...

A delay...

*collective sigh of the audience is heard over the transmission*

Jacques' hand has brought young Mimosa's, and after looking to the young witch, and the two of them counting down from three together...

*klaxon sounds loudly*

The Quidditch World Cup final is under way!!

DateTeamScorevsScoreTeam
26 July 2026 (PM Game)Malaysia230vs40Republic of Ireland

As quickly as the game started... it's all over! Both teams were out of the gates in a flash, and Malaysia were pulling away from Ireland, scoring six goals in quick succession before the Irish team hit back! Four goals on the bounce saw the Irish trying to makeup ground, and stay in the game, but Malaysia replied with two goals of their own soon after, pushing the Chaser's to work harder on both teams.

That said, though, this was always going to be a game of Seekers and both Fiona and Kiran were up for the game. The Malaysian witch was tailing Fiona like a hawk throughout, following Fiona closely to try not to give any advantage to the redhead. Of course, both witches had their fun with false runs for a Snitch that wasn't there, but these two International superstars were not going to be fooled quite so easily.

After ten minutes of flying around with aimlessness, Kiran had spotted the Snitch, and the weird aura that descends the Quidditch stadium as the chants started for the witch sent chills down everyone's spine. The slow build up of the witch's name as she grew closer to the seemed to send the stadium in to a plummeted temperature as those neutral supporters watched with baited breath.

The Irish Beaters were doing their best to unseat the Seeker, but with Fiona McNamara keeping as close as she was, it was almost impossible for them to do it successfully. Whether the organisers had put magic in to the stadium to make the chills as real as they were, or whether it was just the sheer hopefulness of yours truly, I could never tell.

K-K-Kiran had rolled the broom, though, as she flew, catching the Snitch whilst she was upside down in the roll, before pulling up hard, the Snitch held firmly in her grasp.

For a moment, the stands remained stunned, unsure on whether this was truly happening, before the cheers erupted from the stadium.

The pan back to the VIP box showed the future Lord Clement grinning from ear to ear as he hugged young Mimosa, clearly joyful of the success of the Malaysian team.

As if this Quidditch World Cup wasn't a blindingly beautiful games, it has made history, Malaysia are the first all-female Quidditch Team to win the World Cup! Congratulations ladies!

LET THE CELEBRATIONS BEGIN!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Quidditch World Cup 2026   The Quidditch World Cup 2026 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Quidditch World Cup 2026
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2