Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Talk [Nikolai]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Talk [Nikolai]   The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 2:29 am

Carefully pulling apart a particularly large piece of orange chicken as he listened to his son, Andrei did not interject at any point. Instead, he continued to pick at his food until Nikolai finished. Though Andrei had loved his own father dearly, he used to always interrupt whoever he was speaking including his own wife and son. Of course, the man meant well, but it didn't sit well with Andrei's younger self at the time, and he suspected it wouldn't sit well with his son now. He had, however, beat around the bush long enough so, when Nikolai finally fell silent, Andrei spoke up once more.

"Perhaps I was mistaken then," he admitted, slipping off his glasses and placing them on the table as he so often did. "It's just your mom and I love you so much, and we want to watch out for you."

He paused, weighing his next words carefully.

"I know this is probably the last thing you want to talk about with your dad, but when you're in a relationship—either now or later in life—you have to remember to take," he groped around in his brain for the right euphemism. "Precautions...and I want you to know that if you have any questions—about relationships or otherwise—both your mom and I are always here for you no matter what."

And now it was Andrei's turn to fall silent. He doubted that Nikolai would be all that receptive to talking any further, but it was important that he knew the door was always open. After all, the headmaster couldn't very well force his teenage son to talk with him about such sensitive subjects—Nik would have to decide to reach out to him or Marie all on his own.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

Birthday : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: The Talk [Nikolai]   The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 11:24 pm

The internalised -- or mostly internalised -- eye roll that came with his dad's admittance that he and Nikolai's mum loved him very much was an inevitable one on the younger Kessler's part. Why did his dad have to be so lame all the time? They literally couldn't get through a single topic of conversation without the boy feeling like he really had been dealt the worst luck. Other people's dads were cool, had awesome jobs, and didn't get too involved in things that weren't theirs to pry in, but not Nikolai's dad.

The next part, though, did very little to help Nikolai in any manner. His dad was being more weird than normal, and with the notion of a relationship -- of which Nikolai was involved in none, and had no interest in getting in to one -- the boy's curiosity was called to a new height. Precautions?

The boy's frown probably gave that much away as he looked across to his dad in confusion. True to form, the inner spark of curiosity any Kessler held had been wet, and it wasn't going to leave until it had been sated.

"What do you mean by precautions?" Nikolai asked, truly not understanding what his dad was trying very badly to explain. "You mean not get in to one?" The boy asked, the amusement showing in his features because he didn't think his dad would be so... weird about such things. But, then, Nikolai was always underestimating his dad's weirdness.

The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 B9PKxb
Thanks to Kitty for the signature! <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Talk [Nikolai]   The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 4:10 pm

For an incredibly bright kid, Nik could also be incredibly dense. Well, it was that or he was incredibly innocent. Either way, both scenarios dishearted his father more than he could put into words. He had hoped that the boy's curiosity would have rid him of both density and innocence sooner rather than later. Yes, a strange wish from a father, but by Andrei's reckoning the sooner one fully understood the world around them, then the sooner they could adjust their actions and thoughts accordingly. That said, there was no time like the present to mitigate any perceived shortcomings.

"No, relationships are important," amusement briefly tugging at the sides of his mouth. "I'm more so talking about the importance of consent and practicing safe sex."

There, he said it.

In reality, it hadn't been nearly as hard as he thought it might have been. Indeed, it even made him wonder what he had been worried about in the first place. It also made him consider the fact that Hogwarts was severely lacking in this integral part of education for young people, awkward though it may be. That particular thought, however, would be for later as he still had to focus on the matter at hand.

"I know it's weird to talk about this kind of thing with your dad," he continued, his voice soft. "But I just want you to be prepared for whatever you might face in your life."

He paused and moved a healthy clump of rice from the takeout box to his bowl.

"So," he began again, channeling his inner academic. "Do you have any questions?"

Andrei's gaze did not waver from his son with this question nor did his face flush red as he had feared it might. Of course, if the boy had no questions then the headmaster would say his piece, and then his son would surely scamper away as Andrei once had when having a similar talk with his father.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

PostSubject: Re: The Talk [Nikolai]   The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2019 4:46 pm

The amusement that had been present whilst Nikolai believed himself to have the upper hand in the conversation was quickly removed as his dad returned his joke with a... well... almost permission to get in to relationships. The idea was one that threw Nikolai in that moment, but not as much as his dad's next statement did.

No, as Andrei Kessler denoted that Nikolai should know about consent and practice safe sex, it was safe to say the boy's eyes grew quite wide in that moment. The chopsticks that had been bringing the chicken to his mouth paused halfway, loosening slightly to allow the chicken to fall unceremoniously back down in to the bowl with a less than appetising 'plop'.

So this was where the conversation was going?

Did his dad think he was having sex with Mimosa?

Heat travelled in to the teenagers cheeks as his dad denoted that he probably found this weird, but that he could ask questions if he had any. The youngest Kessler remained still, though, trying to process all of this, and decide how to move forwards. He knew what sex was, of course, he was a teenage boy and the other boys in his dorm talked about such things rather openly. Nikolai, however, only really knew the fundamental principles of sex. You needed a girl, and from recent exploration of his own self, he knew what would be involved.

But to say he knew much more than that, would be a vast understatement.

And still his cheeks were aflame.

"I don't think so. I can research on Google, and stuff." Nikolai quickly replied, though he had an inkling his dad would probably not let him get away from the subject so easily. Nobody else had mentioned their parents having this conversation, though, so Nikolai resigned himself once more to the fact his dad was lame. "I'm sure it's not that difficult." He finished, hurriedly trying to get through the rest of his dinner so that he could make a break for it.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Talk [Nikolai]   The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 6:58 am

Andrei furrowed his brow ever so slightly; Nik wasn't going to make this easy, was he? And yet, the older Kessler found himself smiling in spite of it. The whole thing was rather amusing, had he been the same way with his father? He couldn't quite remember now, but his son's reaction to what had long since become mundane to Andrei struck a chord with him. Strange how age could do that to a person, make the alien ordinary. Truthfully, it comforted the headmaster more than he could put into words.

"Ah, yes, Google's famous competitor, 'and stuff'," Andrei quipped, his slim knowing smile making another brief appearance before he continued. "Well, I suppose I wouldn't want to bore you with a long lecture about something you already know so much about. So, why don't you tell me what consent and safe sex mean to you and we never have to talk about it again if you don't want to?"

The man's natural inclination, as one might expect from a professor, was to lecture. However, he held back in this respect; there was a time and a place for lectures, and this was not it. Lectures were not conducive to the type of open dialogue Andrei hoped to foster. Sure, Nik didn't want to talk now, but that didn't mean the door to do so should be closed. Familial relationships were like any other: built on honest communication. Well, open communication and good food, both of which Andrei was convinced he had here, as he continued to pick at the remaining broccoli in his bowl.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

PostSubject: Re: The Talk [Nikolai]   The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 6:05 pm

The eye roll came from the younger Kessler as his dad made one of his dad jokes that wasn't funny. They both knew what Nikolai had meant, but the boy didn't make further comment on that much, not wanting to get in to semantics at this point.

Of course, his dad wouldn't just let it go from there, though, instead insisting Nikolai explain what he believed the two points asked were about. Nikolai's chopsticks scraped the last of the rice from the bowl, and the boy was on his feet, heading to the sink where he deposited the bowl. Uncomfortable was not a word the boy usually associated with how he was with his father, but right now, Nikolai was uncomfortable and definitely wasn't going to answer his dad's question.

"I'm going to go read." The boy explained as he made his way to the kitchen door, not waiting for any answer as he hurried upstairs to do exactly that. The firm shutting -- though not slamming -- of his bedroom door would indicate enough to his dad, Nikolai hoped in that moment. The conversation was done, and Nikolai did not wish to continue talking about the subject with his dad.

But faced with the emptiness of the room brought forth the notion that didn't settle well with Nikolai.

He didn't know what either of those meant, not really.

And so, in true Kessler fashion, the boy pulled out his phone and went to the internet browser, curiosity leading him to explore the two points his dad had brought up. That had been the point, hadn't it?

The fact the youngest Kessler would end up in related territories shortly after was another matter entirely, and one he definitely would not be sharing with his dad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Talk [Nikolai]   The Talk [Nikolai] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Talk [Nikolai]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2