Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) Empty
PostSubject: You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot)   You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) EmptySat May 02, 2020 10:58 am

In any other situation, the confusion on Kiranjeet's features would have been adorable to the Frenchman as he waited quietly for her process the information he'd provided.

The piece of parchment in her hands had almost lost each crease he'd caused upon it, only the faint lines remained in evidence of the frustration that had flooded through his system hours before. The only reason Jacques knew that it had been hours was because the sun had set, dancing off of Kiranjeet's dark hair until the darkness had consumed them. One of them had moved to turn on the light at some point, but Jacques' body had gone numb from sitting in the same position for hours.

"I don't understand-"

"It's okay not to understand." Jacques had assured the witch, but his reply had been quickly shut down by the look on Kiranjeet's features. The look that told him he was not to talk in that moment because she didn't need his reassurances, she didn't want him to say a word.

"I thought..."

Jacques bit his tongue to stop himself from saying another word, from moving forth to reassure the witch that it was all okay. But he'd learned in the hours that Kiranjeet did not want his touch, she'd moved back from each attempt he'd made, and the knot in his chest had only grown tighter with each failed attempt.

"I thought you were just figure heads. You know, like the UK has the Royal Family as theirs, the Clements..." It had been the same line the witch had managed each time she tried to get her head around his life, comparing him to things she believed she understood. Jacques made no move to say a word. "The Monarchy in France was thrown out. The government ruled in it's place."

The Frenchman nodded, there was nothing else he could do or say in that moment.

"But what you're saying..." Kiranjeet's eyes moved to his face, perhaps hoping that he would laugh and tell her he'd managed to completely get her with his joke, but he was nothing less than sincere. "That... your family makes all the decisions of France under... the guise of a democracy?"

Once again, the man nodded.

Kiranjeet got to her feet, turning away from him even as her thumbs kept kneading at the parchment between them. He had known that the witch would not deal with this information easily, nobody in their right mind would be able to completely accept this information without struggling to re-write everything they knew and believed in their life. It had not been the Frenchman's intention to tell Kiranjeet so soon, either, but it had happened.

"How long?"

Jacques' eyes lowered from Kiranjeet's back, and away from the witch. Guilt already seeping from each pore. They were back at the next part of the witch's concern again, but with a fresh question this time. Not the loaded question of his trust in her, but this time something else.

"I didn't as-"

"How long, Jacques?"

"They would-"

"You."

"From the start." Jacques replied softly, not wishing to upset the witch, but not having a choice. "I've never looked at what the reports say-"

"That makes it okay?"

"No, it doesn't." The man conceded. "They only do it for the protection of the House. All of us are subjected to this, Kiranjeet. If I could stop it-"

"You can."

"It's for your safety, as much as it is for mine." Jacques tried.

"I don't need protecting!" The witch spat in reply, turning back around to face him in that moment. The argument that she didn't understand what they were protecting her from was one Jacques would not start, instead just allowing the witch to be carefully kept in the small amount of blissful innocence that she still had of everything that was going on in the world.

"Does she know?" Kiranjeet asked, holding up the piece of parchment in her hand as a reminder of where all of this had started. "Does she know you're spying on her?"

"It's not spying, Kiran-"

"Then tell me what this is. 'The Lady Elenore seemed to be in good spirits today. Whilst her birthday looked like it might be one spent in solitude, it was soon changed with a visit from her friend, Kevin. A present was given to Lady Elenore, the contents of which was later found to be three small puppies. Kevin did not stay long, but the newspapers are always around. This photo was bought -- under your previous instructions -- from the photographer, and will not be published in any media.'" Kiranjeet read the note, and Jacques did not need to see the picture of his sister kissing the man again, it had already been ingrained in his mind.

No answer came from the man as Kiranjeet stood looking at him expectantly.

How could the witch before him understand? Her siblings, her life... it was all normal.

"Jacques?"

"I..." The sigh escaped his lips without his permission.

"You what?" Kiranjeet asked, her anger growing hotter with each second as he tried in vain to find the words that she needed to hear.

"I'm trying to look after her, Kiranjeet." His words were enunciated as he moved to follow the witch as she retreated towards the front door of her apartment. "She doesn't reply to any of my letters. She ignores Maman and Papa's letters. I'm just trying to ensure she's okay, America is not for someone as fragile as Elenore-"

The look on Kiranjeet's features made the man stop in his tracks.

"I need space, Jacques." The witch cut across his statement. Pulling on her coat to defend against the Irish winter. "And I want you gone before I get home."

The thought of arguing occurred to the man. To ask her to wait, to just hear him out, but Kiranjeet had made her wishes clear. Instead, Jacques waited for the door to close not-so-gently behind the witch.

Turning back to the room at large, Jacques moved towards the kitchen and the fridge that sported a small white board. No reminders sat upon it, which made him feel less guilty as he brought the blue marker to the board.

I have never told anyone the truth before.
I know it's a lot to take in, and doesn't look good.
But it's all for our safety.
I'll be here when you're ready.
J x

The marker had been replaced, his jacket pulled back on.

Jacques had apparated from the apartment as requested, without the knowledge of whether he'd ever be returning again.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot)   You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) EmptySat May 02, 2020 11:54 am

You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot) Rsz_on10

Back to top Go down

You're the fear, I don't care, 'cause I've never been so high (One Shot)
Page 1 of 1