Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
 The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
 The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
 The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
 The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
 The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dummy

The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] Empty
PostSubject: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:21 pm

Andrei Kessler wrote:
Marie had insisted on a suit, robes would simply not do. ‘Robes are all well and good for teaching a gaggle of teenagers, but there’s no substitute for a suit in business’ she’d confidently told her husband. Andrei, for what it was worth, hemmed and hawed about it on and off for a few days before finally caving to his wife’s superior fashion sense. And, though he much preferred robes, he did get a strange satisfaction from glancing in his office mirror before descending the castle’s fickle staircase and traversing the school grounds at a brisk pace.

Of course, none of this is to say that Andrei looked abnormally formal. In fact, one might argue he looked especially normal for a professor of his age.  He wore a well-fitted tweed jacket over an earth tone vest and dress shirt brought together by an unassuming red tie and further complimented by a pair of pants a shade darker than his jacket. In a word he looked scholarly, but, more importantly, he felt professional, which—as any self-respecting adult knows—can sometimes be the greatest hurdle of them all.

The briskness of the mid-morning weather quickly melted away as the runes professor wound his past a giggling group of first years on their way to care for magical creatures. Well, it probably wasn’t so much that it got warmer, but rather that Andrei stopped noticing it, his mind was elsewhere. His thoughts overleapt him and cast themselves forward to the task that would soon be at hand, wooing a prospective family into the Hogwarts fold.

Adelaide Goshawk, bless her soul, decided that today of all days would be a great day to take her long-delayed Valentines get away with…was his name Harvey? Andrei couldn’t quite remember; her husbands’ name, however, was beside the point. Long story short, the runes professor had received an excessively long letter from the woman informing him that while she was away a certain gentleman, Kenneth Harrington, would be stopping by the school to sort some things out about his daughter and that it would be his task—Andrei’s task—to make him feel both welcome and at ease.  Apparently, there was quite a bit of money involved and Andrei could not help but feel that this might be a test. A very real situation, but a test nonetheless.

Arriving at the tall almost menacing front gates of the school, Andrei slipped through them with ease the ring on his hand burning only slightly as it allowed him to break the magical veil around the school for the briefest of moments. The air felt damper outside the school’s boundaries, but the cold never returned. In fact, as Andrei glanced at his golden pocket watch, it felt almost spring-like.

10:38—roughly twenty minutes to spare.

Now came the ever-enjoyable waiting game.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

Job/hobbies : Internationally acclaimed photographer

PostSubject: Re: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:22 pm

Had someone told Kit Harrington thirty years ago that one day he would be putty in the hands of a female and live to cater to her every whim, the young man of 21 would not have immediately guessed the female in question would be his nine year old granddaughter. However a lot could change in three decades and now the American photographer wouldn't have his life revolve around anyone else. Having waved goodbye to Hogwarts in the eighties, this was the last way Kit expected to return to the school yet here he was.

Mimosa, naturally, couldn't be bothered to come to something so official and grown up. No, the child was too excited at the prospect of purchasing an owl at Diagon Alley. Clara had practically suggested that a trip there meant they should get Mimosa's school shopping done too. His two girls had disappeared into the magical street leaving him to confirm the final ins and outs of Mimosa's admission. Having received word that the headmistress - a Goshawk, what was the world coming to - would be regrettably unavailable, Kit was supposed to meet with one of the more senior staff members. Oh well, as long as the job got done.

The man had apperated to Hogsmeade Village shortly after 10:30, choosing to walk the rest of the way to Hogwarts. It had been a long time since he'd seen the scenery and a part of him was curious to see if any of it had changed. Last he remembered, they were big on tradition here. Dressed in jeans that looked too good to be off the rack and a casual dress shirt that nonetheless bore every sign of being tailored to fit his tall frame, Kit walked at a leisurely pace, taking in the sights and sounds all around him. Truly, nothing had changed here.

Making him glad that he had decided to leave for the new world. While some found this eternally preserved ambiance peaceful, the American saw it as nothing less than stagnant. This place would have never fulfilled his need to always keep moving, keep striving, keep discovering.

Keep creating real art.

Nearing the gates, Kit noted the welcoming party of one. The man had "professor" written all over him. A casual glance at his designer watch showed that he wasn't late, the faculty member merely early. There were still a goof five minutes to go before eleven.

"Good morning," the distinguished american gentleman called out, reaching the stranger in three long strides. His Californian accent rang plain for everyone to hear. "Kit Harrington, I gather you're Adelaide Goshawk disguised via Polyjuice?"

Come plot with me! <3
 The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] Rsz_rs12
Back to top Go down
Dummy

PostSubject: Re: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:23 pm

Andrei Kessler wrote:
“Ah, good morning,” he clicked his timepiece shut and replaced it in his pocket leaving only the burnished chain exposed. “Nothing quite that exciting I’m afraid.”

He accepted the man’s hand and wrung it heartily—Kit was not what Andrei had expected though it was nice for once not having to look down on someone to catch their eye.

“Andrei Kessler, I teach ancient runes and I’ll be standing in for the headmistress for today,” he motioned to the open gate that he’d disenchanted during his wait. “She found herself having to take a personal day; though she did ask that I send you her regards. Shall we?”

Assuming the taller man moved through the small opening in the iron bars, Andrei would follow close behind. However, instead of leading the man onwards through the grounds he paused. He would be a complete amateur if he neglected to reset the school’s early warning system—it also made for a good demonstration of the rather extensive security system for a worried parent or guardian.

“If you’ll give me a moment, please.”

Andrei closed the gate behind him, drew his wand, and began muttering the long string of spells that sounded more like a runic chant than anything else. The magic itself was not all that complicated, but it did require a certain amount of concentration as exacting pronunciation was paramount. Finishing the spell, Andrei silently thanked his prodigious memory for saving him from the embarrassment of having to start the spell over.

“I do hope your trip was pleasant,” turning back to the school’s newest guest, he returned his wand to an inside jacket pocket. “You probably couldn’t have come at a better time of year.”

Almost on cue, the light gray cloud cover above the pair exploded with spears of light as the sun finally punched through the cloud cover for what must have been the first time in months. Bathing the idyllic landscape in a bright mid-morning light, the sun brought a new warmth to the once cool air making it surprisingly pleasant. It truly was a sight to behold and it even caused Andrei to pause briefly at the bizarre serendipity of life.

“You know,” the professor quickly found his voice again. “If you aren’t averse to it, I was hoping to make the most of this weather and have our conversation while walking the grounds; in my experience sitting at a desk isn't altogether conducive to reaching an understanding."

This suggestion served two purposes. First of all, it would, rather shockingly, provide much more privacy than a stuffy room in the castle and second, the pair would avoid having to wade through the mealstrom that was a passing period, which—judging by the still chiming bells in the distance—had just started. Certainly, their jaunt through the grounds would end in the castle hopefully signing admittance papers, but in the meantime, the majesty of a spring day would serve as a better office than any Hogwarts could hope to provide.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:23 pm

"Well, consider her regards received," Kit assured the Runes' Professor, chuckling quietly to himself at a joke he didn't quite think to share. Addie Goshawk had not changed much over the years it seemed. "I hope her personal day isn't a bad one, I hear her brother is getting worse despite all the treatments they have him on." The American waited patiently as his companion restored the protective spells around the school, putting Kit's mind at ease even if a little. At least Mimosa wouldn't be able to sneak out that easily.

"Pleasant to the point of boring, I'm afraid," the photographer admitted, taking in the grounds he hand't set foot on in what felt like forever. "Nothing ever seems to change in this particular part of the world. Hella creepy," he added sheepishly, dark eyes seeking out the shores of the lake where a certain giant squid had once lived. Kit wondered if the overgrown calamari was still kicking.

At the mention of the weather, Kit found himself grinning quite sincerely. "Now that, I don't mind admitting to. We're from California, its mostly dry and when it rains, well, you don't want to know what happens when it does rain. I worry Mimosa will see all this greenery and water and develop unrealistic expectations."

At the professor's suggestion that they tour the grounds instead of conduct their meeting in a stuffy office, Kit found himself agreeing wholeheartedly. The most unpleasant thing he had been expecting from this trip was having to fold his tall frame into a tiny chair, and anything that minimized the risk of that was okay with the artist. "Sure why not? I haven't seen the school in forever, it would be nice to get a tour again." Perhaps he could still catch the last waves of inspiration this place had left? it had convinced him to pursue his passion once upon a time after all.

As they began walking, heading towards a group of buildings Kit remembered as the school's greenhouses, he reached into his jean pocket out drew out a small green box. Extracting a slim white cigarette from it, the man looked at his guide. "Do you mind?" A genuine question. if the professor did indeed mind, Kit would put the cannabis cigarette away. If Andrei had no problem however, the American would offer his companion the box.

"Feel free."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Dummy

PostSubject: Re: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:24 pm

Andrei Kessler wrote:
A shadow of a grin flitted across Andrei’s face at the mention of the Californian weather. He’d done a bit of research into the region when reviewing the other man’s profile online—crazy what you can find out online these days. Power of the internet aside, the professor’s understanding of the west coast weather had mostly centered on the summer where trees burst into flame and houses found themselves devoured by waves upon waves of the primal element. He’d have thought that wizards would be able to handle such blazes with ease, but it seemed that even magic could not bring the forces of nature to heel.

As the pair of wizards made their way closer to the school the clouds began to clear up more and more. The whole landscape appeared to swell upwards at the once foreign prospect of the sun. Birds sang, trees swayed gently, and a strange distant wail issued from deep within in the forbidden forest. Hogwarts was coming back to life and it was truly a sight to behold.

“Be my guest,” Andrei shrugged at the man’s question about smoking. “I’ll pass though; bad experience in Singapore I’m afraid.”

Flashing a sheepish smile, he did not bother to recall that day more than a decade back. If you thought Muggle Singapore had a thing about drugs, well, then you wouldn’t believe the wizarding community when it came to restrictions. Suffice to say it had not been an altogether pleasant experience, but hey he’d avoided jail so all's well that ends well.  

“Now,” the pair made their way past the greenhouses. “Tell me a bit about your granddaughter, I understand you have a few concerns…”

Andrei trailed off allowing an opening for Kit to speak. Instead of going off on some tangent about the school and its history he figured it’d be better to let the other man direct the conversation. After all, this conversation was about him or rather his worries.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:24 pm

"Singapore," Kit nodded, lighting up the cigarette with the ease of a man who was well practiced in the art. Bringing the glowing indulgence to his lips, the man took a drag, exhaling lightly before he spoke again. "Nice place. Bit strict in the daytime but all those repressed energies come out at night." In fact, the wizard had first been to the tiny country in South Easy Asia as a 24 year old struggling to forget his current grievances. Only to find out that Singaporeans laws were not at all conducive to his current goals. That is until the sun went down and the shadows came out to play. Since then, it had become a somewhat irregular destination, the last time Kit had been to Sentosa was three years ago, and that too sadly for work. Mimosa had thoroughly enjoyed the theme parks though.

As they made their way into the greenhouses, the American was surprised at how much he still remembered. Not just of the school but of the world he'd left behind. Each greenhouse building bore a Murray name, meaning it was paid for by the current ruling family in Wales.

When talk turned to Mimosa, the older man took another deep drag of his cigarette. It was going to be difficult to explain his exact worries for the child but that was his job now. A stumbling father and now a stumbling grandfather were roles that Kit had just learned to accept in life. "Firstly, the child is young for the age of admittance," he confessed, bringing the cigarette down so it wouldn't distract from his words. "She's nine right now, due to to turn ten in August. So she'll be starting as the runt of the class." Oddly enough, this was the least of his worries, he had started of with the light stuff.

"We were able to get special permits for her to attend Hogwarts by showing the residences we maintain here and given the fact that I was somewhat of an exception myself back when i first came here." In fact, Kit's 11th birthday had fallen right on the first day of term, and instead of making him wait an extra year, his parents had insisted he be allowed to attend the day he turned eleven. "But i worry about her fitting in. She's... American." Just the way the words were said showed Kit's opinion of drab old England and its niceties. Mimosa was a spark of wildfire and he worried this rain would dampen her spirits more than she anticipated.

"She s also unusual in that she works, she is quite a renowned fashion model across the world. I have a binder full of her most noticeable work though you may have seen her in Quidditch catalogs. She's one of the foremost child models in the world and that has rather gotten in the way of her education thus far I'm afraid." Though Kit would have loved to paint a better picture of the situation, he also understood the importance of being truthful. Lying wouldn't benefit anyone, least of all the little girl who's interests he was representing here.

"She plans to continue her work while at Hogwarts, which may require her to be away from the school during weekends and such."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Dummy

PostSubject: Re: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:25 pm

Andrei Kessler wrote:
She plans to continue her work while at Hogwarts? Andrei thought incredulously. In his relatively vast experience with nine-year old’s they did not choose to work when they could be playing with their friends or mucking up trouble elsewhere. Then again, he couldn’t discount the idea that the child was, in fact, a freak of nature, they turned up every now and again. By that same token, however, he couldn’t very much see the small girl afraid of killer cabbages he’d met by the kitchens wanting to spend time away from the friends she’d no doubt make at the school.

Who am I to judge though?

“Her age won’t be much of an issue,” Andrei replied with a well-timed shrug. “However, what does worry me, if I may be so bold, is her continuing to work.”
He paused here as a group of students scuttled by the pair of wizards and towards the greenhouses.

“While we can most definitely accommodate her schedule,” he continued once the group passed. “I do worry she might miss out on much of the school experience by working. Students, as I’m sure you remember, tend to create cliques rather quickly and if your granddaughter is constantly pulled in and out of school it might very well negatively impact her integration.”

The correct path—and probably the path the current Headmistress would have taken—would have been to simply assure Kit Harrington that everything would turn out just fine. Andrei, however, was neither the headmistress nor did he really agree with the ‘correct way’ of carrying out business. Students, for the runes professor, were not just numbers in a spreadsheet and he cared about their overall experience.

“Personally, I moved around a lot during my oldest’s early school years and it was hard having to pull her away from her friends every year, I can only imagine what every weekend would be like.”
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:26 pm

When the professor expressed his concern for Mimosa's work, Kit nodded agreeably. It wasn't a thought that hadn't struck the photographer before. If he was the kind of parent who forced his decisions on children and grandchildren, they wouldn't be standing here and life would have been different.

Perhaps Mimosa's mother would stlll be alive.

But the role of disciplinarian was not only one the American fundamentally disagreed with but also one that was better left to Clara. Kit had always tried to teach his girls the best he could - safe in the knowledge that Clara would pick up any of the slack - and then allowed them to make their own decisions in life. It had been Mimosa's choice to go to Hogwarts despite much better options available state side and it was her choice to work through school, and at present, Kit saw no way around that.

"Believe me," he assured the gentleman. "Nothing would make me happier if she decided to stay in school and stop her work for a while - or at least confine it to summer vacation - once she's taken a shine to the school and her new friends. But I'm afraid I can't promise that. We, that is her Godmother and I, have raised her to evaluate and make her own decisions to a large degree. And we feel it would be poor parenting to undo all that now by forcing her to stay in school."

The artist took another long drag from his cigarette as the professor offer a personal anecdote about moving around, listening politely and nodding where appropriate. While Kit appreciated the sound logic behind the argument, he also knew it didn't apply to him and Mimosa.

The duo continued to walk, clearing the greenhouse and heading towards the small collection of sheds that skirted a part of the Quidditch pitch. This was where all the sports equipment was kept if Kit's memory served. "Ever played?" the man asked casually, putting aside his vice once more. He himself had tried Keeping for a year before deciding he didn't belong up there as much as down in the stands.

He would listen to the professor with a quiet chuckle before turning the conversation back to the child. "Mimosa is also... special in other ways. At the age of two, she was diagnosed with Oesteogenesis Imperfecta. And while she has been through a lot of medical help to manage the condition, there are still certain precautions we take around her. Namely, the child cannot participate in activities that are too physically strenuous. I have her full medical reports with me should you wish to look and pass them on to the school healer."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Dummy

PostSubject: Re: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:26 pm

Andrei Kessler wrote:
A sneaking suspicion that Kit did not quite understand children washed over Andrei along with the other man's words. Nine-year-olds, in the rune professor's experience, could bearly decide what to have for breakfast by themselves. So, a child of that same age making career choices? Well, that was laughable at best and condemnable at worst. Perhaps the man by his die knew this or maybe he did not, but Andrei could not help but judge him.

It was alright to judge if he didn't express it in words, right?

"Tried out once in school," a slim grin snuck across his face. "Never made it past the first round of cuts; I suppose I'm a better spectator than player."

In all fairness, he had been physically fit enough to join the team, but it seemed that every other week he found himself down with some sort of sickness. Such was the curse of a poor constitution. Oh well, luckily he didn't mind watching.

"I'm afraid that's not my area of expertise, but I will gladly pass them along to our medical staff," Andrei nodded accepting any papers the man might provide him. "Nurse Ratchet spent fifteen years at St. Mungos and I imagine there isn't a malady, Muggle or magical, that she doesn't know how to treat. Mimosa will be in good hands with her."

The pair soon left the Quidditch pitch behind and soon the vast wall of woods came closer and closer as they made their way through the grounds. The forest had always interested Andrei because as a student he'd look out into its vastness and see blurs of movement here and there. Though he couldn't say he was scared of it the place did send shivers down his spine when standing in its shadow as if the trees themselves had eyes.

"Do you have any other concerns I can put to rest?" Andrei finally asked pulling his gaze from the forest.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:27 pm

The reassurance that Hogwarts' medical staff was indeed capable of handling his granddaughter's condition would go a long way to soothing Kit's fears. Not enough to dismiss her current healer of course, something he wouldn't have done even if it wasn't sanctioned by the Clements and their concern for Mimosa. However, it was enough to maybe assure the gentleman that Hogwarts was not as crazy dangerous as he was dreading it to be for the little girl. This professor seemed to genuinely care about students, a vibe Kit never personally got from Addie Goshawk so they were already on better footing.

As the men continued their stroll heading towards the forest, Kit found himself amused. Were students still taking the term "forbidden" as a challenge these days? He was almost certain if the staff re branded the forest as "boring and mundane" no one would wish to go in there. "There used to be a herd of centaurs in the forest when I was here," he remarked casually as the neared the edge. "Any of them still around?"

When asked if he had any other concerns for the child, Kit nodded. "Well, not more of a concern, just something I would feel better if the school knew." Pausing for a moment, the man took a last drag from his cigarette, not even realizing how long they'd been walking for. Once he was done, the man tossed the remainder into the dirt, squashing it into the ground with his heel.

"As you can imagine, she hasn't had the most stable learning environment so far. However we do take Mimosa's education seriously. She has a private tutor that travels with her and said tutor works on subjects not offered at Hogwarts." When the idea of Michelle as a private tutor had first cam to Kit, his instinct had been to say no simply because of who had assigned her to Mimosa. But after having talked to his granddaughter and seen how much she clearly adored Michelle, Kit had conceded.

"She's learning French, embroidery, penmanship and dance alongside all the regular subjects. I'd like to ask that these extracurricular not be disrupted while she's at school. Her tutor would be happy to drop by Hogwarts once a week and resume their lessons. If the school would be so kind as to accommodate the young lady. I have her details with me too, in case she needs registering as someone who can pick and drop Mimosa to and from school." The man patted his satchel, motioning that all relevant papers were in there and would be given once they were indoors.

"And that's about all of it I think. Of course the child is wildly ecstatic to be coming here, but I'm sure you see that in a lot of children."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]    The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc] Empty

Back to top Go down

The UHNI [Azalea/Kit/Mim/etc/etc]
Page 1 of 1