Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Acceptance (Jake)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

Job/hobbies : Internationally acclaimed photographer

Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acceptance (Jake)   Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:58 pm

"Do they know yet?"

"Do you see the Palace Guards swooping own on us from their swat helicopters?" Kit answered Jake's question with his own. Sure the young man had to know how each o the Clement children were protected in foreign lands. Teaching Young Jacques and Little Lady Elenore would have given him some kind of idea.

Except maybe not, maybe Kit was dealing with a blissfully unaware Aurar?

"The bottom line is, they took as much interest in Mimosa's father as Clara and I did upon her appointment to palace ward. So while they may have records somewhere linking you to the child, they aren't specifically interested in you. However that being said, if you grow close to her, expect a calling card from Versailles." Kit had felt it his duty to warn the kid, and now he had. how Jake took it was entirely up to him.

When asked how Mimosa would take the information of having a parent present, Kit paused, reaching for his coffee once more to give himself time to think. As much as he wanted to dishearten the kid by telling him Mimosa's life had no space for him, he couldn't do that. He hadn't done it with Vanessa and he couldn't do it with Jake.

"I like to think that Clara and I have done a good enough job with our granddaughter that she neither wants nor needs biological parents," Kit finally admitted, replacing his cup on the table. "However, that is my assumption. It is also true that Mimosa has never asked why she doesn't have a mom and dad and the only reason I can think of is because she never missed having them. Even if Clara and I left something to be desired in her upbringing... The Clements seemed to have made up for it." For loath as he was to admit it, the Clements made Mimosa happier than anything else could have.

"That broom you mentioned, that was a gift from young Jacques. And the volley of packages she gets every week, all those are from the Lady Clement. In a way, they are as much her family as we are."

Come plot with me! <3
Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 Rsz_rs12
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance (Jake)   Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:58 pm

The joke -- it had to be a joke, right? -- about the Palace guards not having descended upon him yet made Jake give a small smile. Surely that much was just for films, right? Jake doubted the Clements had the swat team on call...

But as the jokes were cast aside, Jake simply nodded at the idea that if things worked out, he would be hearing from the Clement family. Truthfully, though, Jake did not know enough of the Clements to be able to gauge whether that was something he should worry about. Kit seemed to be playing it down, though, so Jake wasn't going to worry about a family he'd never met outside of his professional capacity as a teacher at Hogwarts.

The answer Kit gave of whether Mimosa would take well to his presence in her life did not seem to offer much hope. That much hurt. Hurt quite deeply, but the younger man's expression did not show enough on his features to be something of note to the other man.

Instead, Jake took a mouthful of the liquid, swallowing in a couple of mouthfuls, before replacing his cup. The confidence he might have had in meeting with Mimosa was waning with Kit's obvious lack of sense of needing him in his daughter's life, but he would not falter away from his responsibilities of at least trying to be a father.

A few moments passed, Jake sorting through the information he'd been provided. It was down to him now, there was nothing more Kit could really say or do. Mimosa was the only one who would either allow this, or disallow it.

"I guess the final figure is one normally arranged with the legal buffs. I am not asking this as a means of insult, I'm asking because I know that many people will argue over such things. I also know that you -- at least you were -- always comfortable financially. I haven't contributed for the last ten years, though. I won't ask you to put a figure on that much. Or insult you with a figure much too low. But... going forwards, I would like to contribute towards Mimosa's living costs. If you won't accept money now, I'll put it in to a fund for when she's eighteen, or... something. But... please know that I don't intend to shirk my responsibilities, even if Mimosa doesn't wish to have me in her life." Jake explained, nervously because money was touchy, but he'd never have it said he hadn't tried to do the right thing.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

Of all things Kit had anticipated they would have to hammer out over the child's custody - temporary as it may be - money was the least important. So much so that until Jake mentioned it, Kit hadn't even thought of the idea of financial compensation. It had never been an issue, not with the Clements, and it certainly not now.

"You're right, there is no price to be put on my granddaughter's upbringing. And We will not be accepting any gold from you. However should you choose to set aside funds for the child, that is your prerogative." the child could easily survive on her own income along. Add to that the Harrington fortune was all hers for the taking, and while Kit himself had not bothered seeing it in print, he was almost certain the Clements had a larger, more enriching trust fund for Mimosa than Jake could ever dream of.

"The child is well taken care of, that should be our only concern," he finished, taking up his mug and chugging down the last of his coffee. "And that is all evergreen in her life really wants, for her to be happy and well taken care of. If you join Team Mimosa and dedicate your life to that cause, there won't be any problems."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Jake had known, of course, that any offer he tried to make with Kit when it came to money would be refused. The man had never appreciated money, his daughter had never appreciated money, and Jake could almost guarantee that Mimosa wouldn't appreciate it either. In a world where money just happened to you, Jake supposed that was normal.

But, he would put an amount -- equal to Ivan and Adrienne's current funds -- each month for Mimosa's eighteenth birthday from him. It would, in all likelihood, look a pittance to his eldest daughter, but to Jake, it would be a vast amount. An amount he would have appreciated when he was eighteen, entering the real world.

"As you wish." Jake had replied softly to the older man, not getting in to an argument on that much because there was no point.

"I will write to yourself and Clara when I have spoken to Mimosa to let you know how it goes. And... well, if you need me in the meantime, I'm sure you know where I am." Jake finalised, finishing the rest of the tea.

There wasn't much more Jake could say, and he knew the man before him didn't much like him. But, Jake was not here to win favourites with Mimosa's grandfather, no, the only person who mattered in all of this was Mimosa.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance (Jake)   Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:59 pm

The matter of financial security dealt with, Kit got to his feet. There was very little they had to talk now that most of the finer points had been discussed. Kit didn't particularly care what measures the Aurar took to reassure himself that he was part of Mimosa's life because honestly, none of it would matter unless Mimosa herself chose to accept him.

Conversely, if Mimosa took a shine to the young teacher, there was no power in the world that could keep him from being a part of her life because that was just how things worked. If she decided she wanted Jake around, then everyone on Team Mimosa would have to be on board.

As Jake confirmed that he would be writing to detail how his interaction with Mimosa would go, the photographer nodded. "Much appreciated," he muttered, pushing back the chair that had once again proven its worth against it's height and weight. Reaching out, he shook the younger wizard's hand in a gesture of good will before heading out the door, leaving the chiming curtains clinking merrily behind him.

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance (Jake)   Acceptance (Jake) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Acceptance (Jake)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2