Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtograhs ( One shot)
Around Again (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Around Again (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Around Again (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Around Again (Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Around Again (Jake) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Around Again (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Around Again (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Around Again (Jake)   Around Again (Jake) EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 3:08 am

Veronika had a terrible night. There was no real reason besides the fact that she had spent all of last night pondering her decision. Most people took months and years to agonize over a decision as important as taking up a possible permanent teaching position at a prestigious school such as Hogwarts. Not to mention, taking it after only being another five years from a permanent teaching position with tenure at a school just as presitigous if not more sophisticated and light. Beauxbatons didn't have two Wizarding Wars under her belt, or a hostile take over or a terribly hard life. Beauxbatons was like a child of light and Durmstrang a child shrouded in dark, too many shady dealings and occurences under his belt; Hogwarts was a middle ground.

Now she was contemplating her choice to be at Hogwarts. Was it the right thing to do? She had  a terrific thing going at Beauxbatons and most importantly, she was always busy. There she never had the time to read and relax in her bed because a student was always coming to her crying with problems or another professor was inviting her out for a luncheon, business prospect dinner, dancing, brunches. It was a charmed life she lived. Now she wasn't busy enough and had time to reflect on her past, on the scars that marred her body; or the ones on her heart.

Whatever.

Point was she was currently bored and restless, so there was no better time than the present to get back in shape right? With that mentality, Veronika woke up rather early and washed her face before taking a sip of coffee and grasping a water bottle while dressing appropriately and tying her hair up. After lapping them around the Black Lake several times and finding herself a little tired she took a pause to greedily inhale air before noticing another person ahead of her. She smiled and straightened herself before running to catch up to them.

"Morning!" Veronika greeted grinning brightly despite the sweat pooling on her forehead and the little aches of muscles unused in her abdomen being worked out.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Around Again (Jake)   Around Again (Jake) EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:17 am

Ever since leaving his professional career as a Quidditch Player, Jake had kept up the tough gym routine despite not needing to. Staying in shape was important to the twenty-two year old, he liked looking as good as he did. Not to mention he was quite sure Marilyn would have something to say if he stopped working so hard. There was also the fact that being an Auror required you to keep your fitness up.

So, the two days that Jake was at Hogwarts, he headed in to work early (much to his girlfriend's annoyance when he woke her up with a kiss goodbye at six in the morning) and did a work out in the grounds. They were much more picturesque than any boring gym would ever be, so he made the most of it.

Today was a running day, long distance running. A cool sweat was rolling down Jake's back, but a healthy sweat, not a sweat that spoke of being unfit. Jake had his iPod in - with the Spanish lessons playing once more, though he was getting better, Jake kept going over it to make sure he got things right. For Marilyn.

Hearing a voice not far off, before hearing the footfall of another person, Jake noted the witch beside him, smiling as he took out his earphones. "Hey. Sorry, I was listening to something." He added, not sure if he'd missed anything in that moment. The witch wasn't one he knew, but, that didn't really matter to him. "You can run with me, if you like." He added, though he made a note to slow down a bit, because he didn't want to push the witch too hard and cause her an injury. "I'm Jake, by the way. Jake Newbury, I teach Flying and Defence Against the Dark Arts. I... don't think we've met.."

Jake's Attire

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Around Again (Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Around Again (Jake)   Around Again (Jake) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Veronika was finding that the more that she thought about it, making friends while she worked at Hogwarts would be best for her. It had been forever since she’d had a conversation that didn’t occasionally blend into French. She can’t name all the times she’d been sleeping over with her close friend, Beatriz, who would get so easily frustrated and change her story from English to French. Also broken English wasn’t too hard to listen to and decipher. Plus Beatriz was typically there with her when she was with other French people and translated to her, bless her Chartes-born heart. She missed Beatriz, but she planned on taking a plane down to meet her on one of her ‘Hogsmeade’ weekends.

She could recall the various times Beatriz had tried to get her to work out most mornings, and sometimes she gave in to go for a swim. Beauxbatons had beautiful, glistening pools that resembled an oasis and Veronika always felt refreshed after swimming there. Even if Beatriz gave her a knowing looking when Veronika arrived in a one-piece that did nothing at all for her shapely body, she ignored it if just to enjoy the coolness of the water. Of course as she looked at the Black Lake she noted, it was no oasis, but she can recall from her Hogwarts days the one or two times she was there she’d made the memories she desired. Also there was something much more calming and much less estrogen competitive filled about Hogwarts. Girls were vicious creatures when need be, and although Veelas were a rarity, in the classes that Veronika taught there were two. As if they were created specifically to hate and compete against each other. She shuddered at the memory.

She was kind of looking forward to just broadening her horizons a bit. Friends were something no one could have enough of. She didn’t feel too into the mood for anything more either.

“Oh no it’s totally fine, I’m sorry if I disturbed you at all,” she waved her hand in front of her face to show it didn’t bother her but her brows furrowed as she felt a bead of sweat fall atop her brow, she swiped it away immediately and cringed, “sorry haven’t done this in a while so I’m a bit of a mess. But I’d love to run with you,” she added excitedly before her face fell a bit, “in advance I apologize if I’m not as fast,” she grinned apologetically, “and I’m Veronika Hollands, I double teach too, Transfiguration and Dueling though, and flying? I loved it when I was here.”
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Around Again (Jake)   Around Again (Jake) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Jake wasn't one to judge on physical fitness. Or, at least, he was not now one to judge after his girlfriend had kicked his ass on a number of occasions in the gym despite him thinking he was much fitter than her. Looks - it seemed - were highly deceiving and Jake had managed to learn that he shouldn't judge quite so easily.

With most things.

With the apology, Jake waved it away. "No, don't worry. It's good that you're getting back to it." He insisted with a warm smile. "It's honestly okay though, going slower I mean. I've done enough of faster pace today." Jake insisted, motioning for the witch to lead on so that he could fall in to step with her.

With the witch's name now known, Jake smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Veronika." Jake replied with a warm smile towards the witch. And he meant it, he really did. "Yeah, I teach Flying. It's great, I agree. The kids here are always so interested." Jake responded. "Do you fly often?" Jake asked, wondering if the witch still kept up with the activity now.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Around Again (Jake)   Around Again (Jake) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Veronika was liking this kid, it was clear she was older than him; there was a sort of youth in his eyes despite his profession as a teacher. She cringed when she remembered how guessing age had gotten her last time with the Gods be damned, Headmaster of all things. She wouldn’t say a word about it, but she’d think about it. She could be wrong, it was possible that he was just a professor who hadn’t experienced much. She mentally chided herself; it was wrong to make assumptions. She wondered if she was the oldest professor at Hogwarts if this was one example. Not that it was bad per se, but she just couldn’t help but think maybe Jake was a symbol of all the professors at Hogwarts. Maybe that was a new trend? Young teachers? She shook the thought away.

“Thanks Jake, so how’re you liking teaching? Have you been doing it long?” She asked as she fell into step with him, keeping the pace well and not feeling too tired. She was sort of glad she hadn’t started running with him earlier than this however, not because she was tired, but because the faster pace sounded a bit out of her reach for her. She preferred jogging over running like a maniac. It let her absorb her surroundings better and enjoy the morning air. When she ran it would be because she felt like she needed to get away, and so far she hadn’t felt that need.

“Same to you,” she nodded her head, she grinned a bit, “I loved flying in Hogwarts a bunch. Even in the turbulence I loved it.” She shrugged a bit thinking about the one time she’d tried to take Beatriz go flying with her and how she’d ended up upside down in a tree, she winced at the memory. “I used to teach at Beauxbatons, but I didn’t teach Flying there, I would fly with some of the girls though. It’s so different in France than it is here.”
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Around Again (Jake)   Around Again (Jake) EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Falling in to step in the run was easy enough, a much lighter pace than Jake would normally go for, but there was nothing bad about that in his mind - perhaps it would simply mean a run after work too, or a harder run the following morning. But that, he would figure out another time because it wasn't exactly important right now.

The question on how he was finding it was one that made Jake smile. "I love teaching." He replied honestly to the witch beside him. "The kids are fantastic, and I haven't had a bad set of results yet, so I'm going to guess I'm doing a good job." Jake explained, feeling quite proud of himself. The question on how long he'd been teaching made Jake pause to think whilst he ran. Since he was eighteen? "I think it's four years now..." Jake replied after a moment. "Well, this is my fourth year. Third as Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher though." Jake explained. "I was only supposed to be a temp in that position." He offered in explanation for the later arrival of DADA. "What about you, have you settled in well?"

Listening to her talk of flying, Jake smiled to himself. "I know what you mean. I mean you've probably worked out I'm not English from the accent. I used to teach the American kids. But, I kinda fell for the English splendor and moved here. Best decision I ever made." Jake explained with a small chuckle. "I've only been to France once... But I didn't see many locals. Private resort... thing." Jake explained, but he didn't know if that was the right term for the Caldwell's place there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Around Again (Jake)   Around Again (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Around Again (Jake)
Page 1 of 1