Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
 A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
 A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
 A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
 A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
 A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dummy

A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] Empty
PostSubject: A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]    A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:16 pm

Nerisei Gerber wrote:
The Summer for Nerisei had been good. For the most part, she was at home, practicing her music, watching movies, playing games, surfing the net... and of course, texting her Dimitri. Dimitri had grown to become an inseparable part of her life and keeping in contact with him was something Nerisei found necessary. He was making her happy, and a single text of his could relax her more than anyone else ever could. He was the reason the young witch was able to get her feelings back and finally, start living her life once again.

So when Dimitri texted her with a possible date to meet, Nerisei was ecstatic. She couldn't thank the universe enough that the trip to France was still a week or two away, which allowed the witch to spend some of the most beautiful days in Dimitri's arms, laughing and just... being happy. That was what happened when Nerisei was left in Dimitri's presence. Though, sadly, the small trip to his estate had to come to an end, and the duo was back to testing, since both of them were now busy. Dimitri with his business meetings and Nerisei with ignoring her mother's pleas to join the modeling world.

Janna Gerber, though, wasn't the type of woman who gave up, especially when she had the right connections. Being a famous painter and owing two Galleries allowed you to have connections that many people would  dream of having and Janna Gerber planned on taking advantage of it. Nerisei had been refusing to join the modeling world, even though her mother had tried multiple times in the past. "I had a photoshoot one time and that was it, mum." Was all Nerisei kept telling her, but Janna could see the potential in her daughter. Something that the little witch was either unable to spot, or was willingly turning a blind eye on.

So when the trip to France came up, Janna had made sure to use every inch of her power to achieve exactly what she wanted. After getting access to the guests list, it took Janna mere seconds to spot the only name she wanted to see. Kit Harrington. One of the most famous photographers, and from what she had managed to find, his granddaughter happened to be a model, proving that he was the best choice among the other photographers who were going to attend. Janna had promised herself that Nerisei would secure a modeling job, one way or another.

The Ravenclaw witch was oblivious to all that of course, as she walked into the gallery where the exhibition was going to take place, right next to her mother, who was dressed as professionally as ever. Nerisei didn't look too bad either. Of course she wasn't as professional as her mother, but the black dress she had chosen for the occasion seemed to work just fine.

"Now, smile, dear!" Janna whispered to Nerisei, as they both made their way farther into the room. A pass was handed to her and the witch carefully placed it over her head, allowing it to rest against her chest. Now she was a part of the VIP, just like her mother. Oh the joy!, Nerisei thought as she followed her mother, who was already chatting with a few men --and women--, laughing and enjoying a glass of champagne. Nerisei had to look around for for a bit, but soon, a waiter came into view, and the young witch almost ran to him, grabbing one of the glasses and mumbling a small thank you, before moving away. Away from her mother, and the chances of stumbling upon a photographer.

And she had managed to do just that, for approximately 15 minutes, before her mother had, once again, found her. And the worst part, she wasn't alone.
"Ah, there you are, Nerisei. There is someone I'd like you to meet, sötis." Nerisei wanted to cringe at the pet name her mother gave her --mostly because she only used it as a warning--, and slowly turned to face the man that her mother had --as expected-- dragged all the way here. The fake smile that adorned the witch's face turned into a shocked gasp, and Nerisei's eyes went wide.
"Professor Harrington?!"

That was not what Nerisei had been expecting.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

Job/hobbies : Internationally acclaimed photographer

PostSubject: Re: A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]    A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:16 pm

A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] Shahrukh-khan-hot-Photoshoot
Truth be told, Kit was rather looking forwards to this exhibition in particular. The art world was known for its dance of fools and Kit Harrington rather enjoyed being he odd one out. In any other trade, a newcomer would be welcome, shown the ropes, encouraged to do better and supported even if he didn't learn as fast as he was expected to.

Not in the world of artists though, the self centered, narcissists that made the world go round. Not only did the industry make it extremely difficult for any new debutante to break in but his or her first display was almost always a joke, designed to make the artist abhor the industry enough to quit for the only thing artists feared more than an unflattering color pallet was competition.

And by the looks of it, Mellisso Strapenia would give the world a show one day. His work retained some immaturity as it was portrayed in the Le Gallaria de Amore, under lighting intended to highlight the flaws and mark down the price. But Kit had been invited by a friend and he would play devil's advocate in Janna Gerber's honor. The woman had taste, she also had finesse and his sense of humour matched hers to a degree.

The photographer raised his hand in a gesture, making the attendants strewn discreetly through the room do a double take. Kit grinned to assure them he had not made a mistake and within less than a minute a red bidding sticker was placed on the rather cliched sketch of a woman siting at a sewing machine.

Bid starts at one million euros.

Yes, Kit Harrington may be an artist but before that, he was a trickster. Now to see how many people would bid after him just to figure out what they were missing. Insecurity was the best tool to extract money from unwilling pockets. Having accomplished his good deed for the day, the American moved on, milling amongst the crowd until he found what he was looking for.

"Janna darling," he greeted the European beauty with a light kiss on both cheeks. "You get more and more beautiful each day." Only then did he notice the younger girl beside her, clearly her daughter based on the similar features. "Though I dare say young Miss Gerber is going to give you some stiff competition in a few years."

"Professor Harrington?!"

"You are too kind, my dear," the photographer smiled, giving her a little bow. Of course he remembered her from the one "class" he had taught at Hogwarts. Now that he saw her beside Janna, he wondered how he could have missed the resemblance in the first pl;ace. "Please, call me Kit," he insisted, taking her hand and brushing his lips politely to her knuckles.  "I see you took my advice about keeping art close to your heart."

Come plot with me! <3
 A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] Rsz_rs12
Back to top Go down
Dummy

PostSubject: Re: A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]    A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Nerisei Gerber wrote:
Coming to this place was the last thing on Nerisei's mind. Not because she didn't like art, hell, she loved art, and as much as she disliked her mum's insistence sometimes, it was all because of her that the young witch was able to paint extremely well at this age. The reason that she didn't want to be here, though, was because modeling was something Nerisei had never found any interest in, unlike her mother, who was constantly trying to persuade her into it. Nerisei had tried to see the positive in it, even tried a photoshoot, but... it wasn't something that she liked. Maybe she wasn't ready back then, or maybe you just needed the right person to push you, honestly she didn't know, but so far, she was staying away from modeling.

What she didn't expect though, was that her own mother would bring Kit Harrington, of all people, in this exhibition. It shouldn't be a surprise, since he was a photographer after all, but Nerisei knew better than that. Janna Gerber didn't just want Nerisei to meet Kit. Oh no, that would be way too simple. Janna wanted her to become his model. Which was, the least to say, twice as bad.

At the insistence of calling him Kit, Nerisei was ready to object, but as the older male took hold of her hand and placed a soft kiss upon her knuckles, Nerisei effectively shut up. Should she feel uncomfortable? Weird? Something? It wasn't everyday you met a Professor outside class, and the young witch wasn't sure how to act. Technically, though, he wasn't her Professor, since he had only held one class, but it was still kind of weird!

"I see you took me advice about keeping art close to your heart."

"How could I not, Kit?" Nerisei answered, testing the name on her lips. It felt... unnatural, but it was mostly because she had never talked to him before, outside of class. Eventually, she would get used to it. She hoped. "After all, my mother is an incredible artist, and I am as well. Obviously not as incredible as her."

"But she would make an excellent model, wouldn't she, Kit?" Janna insisted, jumping into the conversation with ease. "Moder!" Nerisei whisper yelled, using the Swedish word for 'Mother' and hoping that her sweet, sweet mum would stop. "Sweetheart! I am just pointing out the obvious! Kit here, as you already know, is the best photographer there is, and it wouldn't hurt to hear out his opinion, would it?"

Nerisei bit her tongue and inhaled sharply, giving Kit a big smile. Turning her face away from her mother's evilly shining eyes, Nerisei calmed herself down. She knew that she wouldn't be able to avoid this, and just leaving would be rude. Plus, it would cause a scandal, since her mother would be left alone. And Nerisei had not come here to ruin her mother's reputation. No, she would never do such thing. "Well, Kit, I would be glad to hear whatever you have to say. After all, we both know that Janna Gerber always gets her way."

And it was true. The smirk on Janna's lips proved that much.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]    A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Kit watched, thoroughly amused as the mother daughter duo completed their subtle back and forth. Janna was a wonderful artist and a capable gallery owner but her subtlety with her daughter looked to be something the family would eventually have to leave out of the Christmas card. Though the reverse scenario did intrigue the man, usually it was the young ones who wanted to pursue a career in the modelling arts with the parents convincing them not to.

"Well, Kit, I would be glad to hear whatever you have to say. After all, we both know that Janna Gerber always gets her way."

"Does she now?" The American raised an eyebrow, his dark eyes full of mischief as he evaluated the Swedish woman. Janna could be persuasive, he'd give her that. But little Nerisei probably had a lot to learn about life in general. "We'll have to test that out some time for you see, I'm not in the business of making someone do things they're ideologically opposed to." He was probably gong to pay for that later but what was a trip to Paris without a little risky business?

"As your mother knows, I am a photographer. I also work with models. But she forgot to mention I'm also a father, and I think that dimension of my personality may be of more used to you here. So why don't we start with why you wouldn't like to be a model? What is it about our line of work that repels you, Miss Gerber?" If Kit knew anything about from being a parent, it was that the more you pushed a kid into something, the harder the kid pushed back. In this case, the wizard fully expected Nerisei to not be as opposed to modelling as she was to doing what her mother wanted her to do.

"Maybe I can put some of your fears to rest," he suggested lightly, dark eyes observing the young girl's facial features. Her mother was right, she would make a stunning model. "Or perhaps you can finally convince me to retire?" he added in jest, trying to make the girl feel comfortable. After all, no one should be made to feel their future was set in stone, it sucked all the adventure and mystery out of their present.

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Dummy

PostSubject: Re: A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]    A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:18 pm

Nerisei Gerber wrote:
Watching Kit Harrington talk about her mother gave Nerisei mixed feelings. Not that it was bad, but since when was her mother so close to her one time Professor? Last thing she knew was that Janna Gerber was either painting, working at the Gallery or chasing after Neri. Making friends was not something her mother usually did. But it was obvious that Kit knew a lot of things about her mum, and same thing went for Janna. Things that were far more... personal.

The young witch didn't trouble herself too much, though. Instead of thinking whether the relationship between Kit and her mother was weird and trying to figure out about them, she focused on listening to everything Kit Harrington had to say, in order to be able to learn a few things and actually give him a good enough answer. Nerisei liked to be perfect, and no matter what, making a good impression was important. She had to live up to the expectations.

"As your mother knows, I am a photographer. I also work with models. But she forgot to mention I'm also a father, and I think that dimension of my personality may be of more used to you here. So why don't we start with why you wouldn't like to be a model? What is it about our line of work that repels you, Miss Gerber?"

Kit posed a very good question. Why didn't she want to join modeling?

Nerisei went to open her mouth, but before anything escaped her, she closed it and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Why didn't she truly want to become a model? The answer would be simple, because her mother was trying to push her into it. But that was the only reason she didn't truly want it. Which was not a good enough reason at all.

The comment on how he could, perhaps, change her mind, or maybe she could change his, brought an airy laugh from the witch. Nerisei looked up at Kit, and for the first time she felt comfortable. He might not be close to her, not yet at least, but it certainly didn't feel like he was a stranger. He had the experience, the humor and... he made her feel like a child. True enough, he was a father, and from what Nerisei could understand, he had to be an amazing one. Especially since his grandchild was Mimosa, the sweetest little girl Nerisei ever had the chance to meet.

"Well, to be honest, the main reason I don't want to pursue such career is because my mother here, insists on it. But to be fair, I don't truly have any other reason." Nerisei gave her mother a glance, before turning back to the famous photographer. "I... don't know how modeling works, and I have never felt beautiful enough to become one. Plus, I don't feel comfortable being photographed by everyone."

Giving Kit a small smile, Nerisei waited to hear his opinion, and maybe, just maybe, she would rethink this whole idea.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]    A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:18 pm

The artist wasn't the least bit surprised to hear Nerisei's reasoning, he had been expecting it all along. But that didn't make the girl's concerns any less important. Kit's method of parenting was rather free range compared to most people's, he believed in letting them make their own choices not only because it was good for them but because forcing them down one path was the swiftest and surest way of assuring they would go down another. If Janna was had suggested modelling an ill fitting career choice, her daughter would be out at ad agencies right now handing her portfolio to anyone who would take it.

"See what you've done to this beautiful girl, Janna?" the man chided softly. "Now why don't you see to some of your more important guests while I have a nice chat with this young lady." Just then, a waiter passed by and Kit was quick to swipe two glasses of champagne from the passing tray. Handing one to Nerisei, he winked. "You are sixteen yes? If not, please don't tell me, getting a criminal record in Paris might ruin my credibility in - or raise it - you can never tell with this city."

Once the gallery manager had made herself scarce, Kit turned to address the young Ravenclaw's more immediate concerns. "A lot of people believe modelling is just about taking pictures when there's really a lot more to it. From acting, singing, body part timing to runway work, all kinds of models are required in the industry. Some don't even require you to be photographed believe it or not."

As the witch admitted she didn't feel herself pretty enough, Kit let out a slow chuckle. "Sweetheart, everyone on this earth is beautiful enough to be a model - for you see, it is the camera person's job to find the beauty in every subject. If you don't look pretty, it is those around you that have failed to see the beauty in you." Pausing for a moment, he let the words sink in. "And I certainly don't intend to fail on that part."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Dummy

Nerisei Gerber wrote:
"See what you've done to this beautiful girl, Janna?"

Nerisei blushed furiously, whilst her mother smiled and playfully rolled her eyes at Kit. "Oh come on, Kit, darling. I was simply trying to make her see what she was missing all this time.." Janna insisted, never admitting that she had been wrong. Maybe her intentions were truly good, but her way of showing it was terrible, which ended up with Nerisei fighting back. After all, as Newton used to say, 'For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction'.

As Kit waved Janna away, Nerisei stared at how her mother smirked and left them alone, something she would have never done before. Janna always stayed around whenever Neri met a new photographer, as if to make sure Neri wouldn't run away. But this time, she left her only daughter with the infamous Kit Harrington without a second thought.

"You are sixteen yes? If not, please don't tell me, getting a criminal record in Paris might ruin my credibility in - or raise it - you can never tell with this city."

Nerisei laughed softly as she accepted the glass of champagne Kit offered. Taking a sip, she looked around, before leaning a bit closer. "I will be sixteen in approximately four months, but no one knows that. So, as far as anyone's concerned," Nerisei said with a smirk, raising her glass to softly clink it against Kit's. "I am sixteen." What difference did a few months make, after all?

After that, Kit started explaining the world of modeling, or at least a part of it, to Nerisei. From how it was widely believed that modeling was only about taking pictures, when there was much more behind it. It was something that the young witch hadn't really thought about, and the more Kit spoke, the more Nerisei found herself understanding. Modeling seemed to be way more than the young witch, or her mother, had ever thought. Because it was a given that Janna Gerber did not know all of this.

Kit Harrington had a way with words, it seemed, because Nerisei felt at easy listening to him speak. Honestly, she liked to hear his thoughts so much, that she actually caught herself thinking about modelling. After all, Kit had insisted that it was the photographer's job to find beauty in all things, and the fact that she didn't feel beautiful enough meant that the people around her had failed to see it.

"And I certainly don't intend to fail on that part."

At that, the Ravenclaw's eyes widened a fraction, as she looked up at the older man. Did that mean that Kit Harrington wouldn't make her feel anything less than beautiful, if Nerisei allowed herself to model for him?
"Was that... an invitation, Sir?" Nerisei asked with a small, hesitant smile. It had been years since her last --and only-- photoshoot. But Nerisei had changed a lot since then, and Kit Harrington was not just any photographer.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]    A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:19 pm

"It can be whatever you want ti to be, my dear," Kit assured the girl with an easy smile. She was coming around the to teh idea of it all, it was clear in her sparkling eyes. And more than superficial beauty, they sparkled with interest, interest Janna clearly had not been able to invoke on her own. Good on the gallery owner though, for recognizing when she needed help and when to call in reinforcements.

"For now, lets call it a trial run," he continued, making sure to use phrasing that alluded to the clarity that it was all Nerisei's choice. She could pick up modelling as well as give it up. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out three cards. "Most young models start out as the life of the party," she winked, handing erh the cards. Each was of a famous celebrity throwing a party that Kit knew would appreciate beautiful guests.

"You see, to be a model, one must be comfortable in their own skin, amidst many different people. So they start out as simply party guests at some of the more extravagant events. You will learn how to conduct yourself among the social elites, you will pose for group pictures to adorn social media and more importantly, you will make contacts. You can attend one party and if you like, do the next one."

Of course most beautiful young girls found an agent at such parties but the photographer refrained from telling her that for fear of overwhelming the teen.Besides, he hoped that she would aspire to a lot more than just an eye candy girl at a celebrity's event. "If you like the three parties and think you can stand the entertainment industry for a bit longer, have your mother give me a call and we can arrange for a proper Photoshop to start your modelling portfolio."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Dummy

PostSubject: Re: A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]    A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:19 pm

Nerisei Gerber wrote:

"It can be whatever you want ti to be, my dear,"

Nerisei was surprised at how well Kit was handling the situation. How well he was handling her, that is. A few moments ago, the young witch was not interested into modelling at all, and would do anything to stay away from anything close to it. Yet, now, here she was, not only open to the idea, but was actually discussing the possibility of trying the lifestyle as soon as possible. Not in a million years would Janna Gerber have been able to persuade her daughter into considering the job. But Kit Harrington? Oh, he knew the way.

"For now, lets call it a trial run,"

The Ravenclaw raised an eyebrow at that, confused as to what exactly the older man meant. But before the girl had the chance to ask him, Kit started explaining that every girl started off somewhere. Mostly, by attending parties. Three cards were pulled out of his pocket and were handed to her. Nerisei immediately examined each one of them, whilst hearing to everything Kit had to say.

"You see, to be a model, one must be comfortable in their own skin, amidst many different people. So they start out as simply party guests at some of the more extravagant events. You will learn how to conduct yourself among the social elites, you will pose for group pictures to adorn social media and more importantly, you will make contacts. You can attend one party and if you like, do the next one."

Nerisei has so many questions to ask, but Kit was not yet finished. After that, he explained that if the young witch managed to live through the parties, and wanted to continue the journey, she could have her mother call him, in order for them to arrange an actual photoshoot, where she could begin forming her own portfolio.

"So, what you are saying is that I should attend the parties, see if I enjoy myself... and if after that I still feel like I want to give it a try, you'd be willing to help?" Nerisei was starting to feel somewhat nervous. Say she went to these parties, and say she mingled enough and made a couple of 'friends'... what if she ended up wanting more? Only time would tell whether Nerisei Gerber was actually tough enough to be part of this business.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]    A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:20 pm

"Precisely, Miss Gerber," the American confirmed with a grin as if she had answered a very complex riddle. "You see, I believe in letting people make informed decisions. And for that, you first need to be informed. These parties will give you a glimpse of what life as a model may be and then you can choose to partake or decline." It wasn't merely a strategy to get the girl hooked either, Kit genuinely meant the words he spoke. Unlike Janna, he had no vested interest in Nerisei pursuing modelling, he only wished the girl happiness in whatever field she chose.

"Never fear options, young lady. Options are the best thing life can afford you, and the worse thing it can take away. You will go to these parties, you will dress up, meet people, understand the world of entertainment a bit more and then take all the time to decide what you want to do next. My offer stands as long as I do," he grinned, reassuring the witch that her potential photo shoot did not have en expiry date.

"Oh, and would you do me a favor, beautiful one?" he added, the hint of amusement in his voice prominent. His initial one million euro bid was now nearing two and he had an important decision to make. Hike up the price for more competition or leave it be and not risk losing two million along with Clara's good will. "Would you please let you mother know... 14 -32." Janna would know, they always used the same hotel in Paris albeit the rooms changed.

And he would need her warmth in his embrace tonight should he decide to raise the stakes and own a sub par piece of art that cost way too much. Retributions in a way.

Just then, his phone rang and he moved politely away with a quiet "Excuse me, I'm terribly sorry but I have to take this."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]    A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Single Piece of Art [Nersei, Janna and Kit]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next