Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) Empty
PostSubject: And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement)   And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 4:58 pm

Jackson had been true to his word. Since Victoria had told the man of their child, Victoria's feet had not touched the ground. From the office, Jackson had carried her to the car. From the car, Jackson had carried her in to their little apartment, and straight to the bedroom. He had not let the witch get out of bed after that, instead falling asleep entangled in one another.

You would never have known the man had lost the campaign he'd been running from the smile on his face.

The next morning had been much the same, too. When Victoria had suggested getting them breakfast, Jackson had said no. He had gone to get food -- a much simpler affair than Victoria would have made in celebration, but appreciated no less -- leaving her in bed with the insistence of not getting out of it. Victoria had complied until she'd needed to use the bathroom. Thinking that might deter the man from his silly ideas, Victoria had gone to get up on her own, only to have Jackson scramble to pick her up once more.

Laughing as he put her down in the bathroom door, Victoria had pulled Jackson close and pressed a kiss to his lips that denoted how much she appreciated everything he was doing.

After finishing up in the bathroom, Victoria had been surprised to find Jackson stood waiting.

He'd carried her back to bed, and Victoria hadn't even tried to tell him that they couldn't go back to the last night's activities.

It was past lunch time by then, and beyond relaxed, Victoria had realised that she hadn't done the most important thing.

"I haven't told anyone!" She managed, looking quite shocked at that revelation. Jackson's lips touched her shoulder, and Victoria shook her head with an amused look. "I need to tell Jake and Azalea, mom and dad. Preethi! Actually, you should tell Jim, and I can message Bhabi later."

The planning was all said as Victoria pulled her phone from the bed side table.

Her fingers had automatically moved to Azalea's number before pausing.

Moving down to Jake's number instead, Victoria pressed dial -- it was best she told Jake first!

"Hey Vic!"

"Jake!" The witch replied happily. "How are you doing? How are my favourite niece and nephew? How's Azalea, is she home?"

"Tired."

In truth, he sounded tired, and Victoria made a note to ask.

"Adrienne is fine, she's busy with her homework right now. Ivan's doing well at Hogwarts, I think. Seems okay in my classes. Azalea's not home yet, but she's due in any minute."

"Work still as hectic as always?" Victoria asked, drawing back to the first reply Jake had given.

"Yeah, lots going on at the moment. But you know that."

"I know, hopefully things will settle soon."

"Yeah, hopefully. Azalea and I have barely been able to spend time together during the week, and I forgot how hard it was doing most things on your own. Not that it's Azalea's fault, her work is busy too, so we're juggling. How are you?"

"I'm alright. Jackson's doing well too. Although, we lost our campaign run last night, so we're considering what our next steps are going to be. But, Jackson will easily find another job, and I might look at something with the courts in Wisconsin." Victoria explained.

"Oh, well that's a bummer."

As always, Jake didn't seem too interested in Jackson's line of work, but that was probably because they hadn't really spoken to one another very much.

"You'll be fine, though, anyone would be lucky to have you on their team!"

Victoria smiled at that much, the faith her brother had in her was something that she always appreciated. "Hopefully, we hadn't exactly planned for this outcome."

Jake hummed in reply.

"Is Azalea enjoying her new position?" Victoria asked.

"I think so, yeah. It's keeping her very busy, which I'm not entirely sure she was expecting. But she loves the work, you know how she is with kids, so being in and around them so much makes her really happy. That's all I can ask for, really."

Victoria nodded even though he couldn't see.

"I do have some news..."

"Oh?"

There was a guarded excitement in Jake's tone, and Victoria took a steadying breath as she looked across to Jackson next to her. "Jackson asked me to marry him last night..."

Nothing came.

"I said yes." Victoria added excitedly.

Quiet remained on the other side of the phone.

"Jake..?"

"Sorry, sorry! Congratulations! I didn't realise he'd spoken to dad about it..."

Victoria laughed softly. "You're so old-fashioned, Jake."

"Traditional."

"Old." Victoria returned, but the smile on her lips inflected in to her tone to show that she didn't really mean it.

"Well, I'm glad he asked."

"Dadddddddddddy, who's on the phone?"

"Auntie Vic."

"VICTORIA? I WANT TO SPEAK TO HER!"

Rustling came from the otherside of the phone.

"Now, now, Adrienne, daddy isn't a climbing frame!"

Victoria's lips pulled up in to a smile.

"Victoria's on the phone, Azalea."

"She is?"

"AUNTY VIC!"

Bringing the phone away from her ear for a second, Victoria let out a soft laugh at Adrienne's enthusiasm. "Hello darling! How are you doing?"

"Daddy is making me do homework, he's boring!"

"Hey Vic!"

"Hey Azalea! And I know, Adrienne, Jake can be a very boring daddy!"

"Who's Jake?"

"Daddy is Jake."

"Azalea, Adrienne... I'm getting married!" Victoria told the two, assuming Jake had put the phone on loud speaker now.

"Oh my god, Vic! That's amazing!"

"Married?"

"Auntie Victoria and Uncle Jackson are getting married, Adrienne. And you're going to be our bridesmaid!" Victoria explained.

"Do I have to wear a silly dress?"

"You can wear whatever you want!" Victoria assured her niece without hesitation.

"When are you getting married?"

The question from Jake had an undertone of uncertainty, but Victoria had already known this would be a question that would come.

"Probably in a month or two..." Victoria admitted gently. Azalea didn't reply to this news, it clearly wasn't a shock, but that was because she knew more than her brother.

"Why so quick?"

"Well..." Victoria replied, looking more nervous than she'd thought she would be. "I'm pregnant, and I wanted to be married before..."

"Auntie Vic is having a baby?"

"Yes, Adrienne, a little cousin for you and Ivan to play with!"

"Auntie Vic, is he going to be more fun than Ivan? Please, please, please?"

"Oh, come on, Adrienna, Ivan is lots of fun! And I don't know if I'll have a boy or girl, we'll have to wait and see." Victoria replied, noting that Jake had gone quiet from the conversation. Or he had been for a short while, something had prompted him to speak again. Probably an elbow from Azalea.

"Congratulations, Vic. I hadn't seen that one coming!"

"Neither had we, honestly. But Jackson is so excited for the baby. He won't let me do anything at the moment. I'm sure he'll tire of it soon enough, but he's very excited at the prospect of being a dad. And, you'll be an uncle, too!"

"First time."

The agreement made Victoria smile fondly.

"So, what is planned so far, we have so much to do!"

Victoria and Azalea would take over the conversation from there. With intermittent comments from Adrienne. Jake had excused himself from girl talk about ten minutes later, and Victoria had felt like a weight had been lifted from her.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) Empty
PostSubject: Re: And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement)   And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 10:23 am

And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement) Rsz_on10
Back to top Go down

And we're... gonna get married (The Announcement)
Page 1 of 1