Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A Whole Year... (Jari) Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 5:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Whole Year... (Jari) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
A Whole Year... (Jari) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Whole Year... (Jari) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
A Whole Year... (Jari) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:34 am

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Whole Year... (Jari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

A Whole Year... (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: A Whole Year... (Jari)   A Whole Year... (Jari) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Anniversaries made Jake nervous. Very, very nervous, actually. In the past they'd gone by without recognition - which had hurt a little, but he'd learned to live with it. But now, this was a different time in his life, and after the thoroughly enjoyable time in Paris, Jake had known that there was absolutely no way he was going to be able to ignore what he and Marilyn had together.

So he'd taken to planning - which was horrendous.

There was the idea of going out for dinner somewhere nice - Jake had canned that because it wasn't... enough.

There was the idea of getting Marilyn an item of jewellery - but honestly he didn't think he could match anything she already had.

There was the idea of taking her on a day trip, but Jake didn't know where to take her that would be enjoyable and show her how he felt.

So Jake had taken to something else entirely.

The twentieth of July came up to be a Saturday, and to start, Jake thought this would be wonderful. They would have the whole day to themselves, doing whatever he planned and making memories to (hopefully) last a life time. But on Friday afternoon, Louis had caught both of them as they were about to leave and asked if they could come in the next morning. They'd agreed, because really they couldn't deny the man before them, but Jake had felt a little deflated by that.

But it wasn't going to deter him.

They were working separate missions, Jake had been told, so it meant either one of them could be home first. But that didn't halt his preparation whilst Marilyn was in the bathroom the night before. Placing everything in just the right manner was difficult, but Jake managed. And then vanished it all out of Marilyn's sight.

The next morning, Jake had simply gotten ready for work, and kissed Marilyn on the way out. "Happy first anniversary!" Had been the only inclination he'd done anything, as there was no card, or flowers. A purposeful trick on his behalf as he left slightly earlier than Marilyn to the mission he'd been assigned.

As Marilyn arrived home, she would find the house in relative darkness. Jagger probably wouldn't come to her side like normal, because he and Jake had had a talk ("Look Jagger, I know you don't listen to me, and that's cool for three hundred and sixty four days of the year, but please, today, when Marilyn comes home, don't go to her. I have a surprise for her, and you just have to wait until I'm home to come out. Understand, Jagger?" He'd quipped an eyebrow. "I'll throw a very big bone in for you, if you listen, whichever one you want." Jake had added, knowing he was going mad by talking to a dog).

Slowly, the hallway would light up with a trail of candles, in an effort to guide Marilyn in to the lounge. She'd probably follow them, in to the room that was aglow with hundreds of candles that developed from the pathway and took up all the surfaces in the lounge that wouldn't catch fire. The walkway would end beside the coffee table, with Marilyn facing the television, and there would be a small pause before the technology would start to work.

It was a simple ballroom song that hit the background, one that Marilyn may or may not remember to have played the first night they'd gone dancing. But it was soft, filling the room, but never imposing. And then slowly on the screen came footage over the last twelve months of them doing different routines, slowed or sped up to match the music, but quite clearly showing the many different styles they'd learnt.

But mostly, it showed how much they enjoyed the dancing, because both of them were smiling and had their eyes focused on one another. It's funny how something I thought would be a one time thing would last for so long... The screen read a moment later, before the screen changed once more.

There was a small snippet of Jake on his Firebolt Two streaking across the pitch until it changed to the official picture of him joining the Auror Corps, grinning out of the television towards Marilyn. It's mind blowing how much confidence you've given me to achieve anything I want to be...

Pictures from their first holiday in Mexico filtered across the television screen, showing them getting ready for Día de Muertos, and the location they'd been to on that trip. It's amazing how much you've taught me about different cultures I'd never dreamed of experiencing... The pictures turned to the recent pictures of Paris, both of them grinning at the camera and looking so very, very happy with the world.

The pictures changed to snapshots of Marilyn that he'd recorded with his phone, the way she smiled, when she was asleep, playing with Jagger, cooking, anything she did, Jake had a picture for it, really. "Words can't even describe how lucky I am to have you, Marilyn..." Jake's voice told her as his face came up on the screen, smiling towards her. "And really, there is no present I can get you to show you how much you mean to me..."

There was a pause, with everything going dark.

"So you'll have to forgive me for settling with a video of how perfect you are to me, how much you complete me." The voice continued as today's date came to the screen with a Happy First Anniversary below it.

"I love you, Marilyn." Jake whispered, wrapping his arms around her and pressing a light kiss to her neck. "I hope you like it..."

With that, the room lit more brightly, showing a copious amount of marigolds as were Marilyn's favourite, and love heart shaped petals everywhere. There was a champagne bottle on ice on the table, and the candles gently moved out of their way. A box of chocolates sat on the sofa, with a blanket and dinner was gently levitating itself towards them, a steak as was Marilyn's favourite, and Jake's favourite carbonara. He think he had everything, but honestly, he really wasn't sure.

"We can watch a film, if you'd like..." He whispered softly in her ear, wondering if this was okay.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
A Whole Year... (Jari) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Whole Year... (Jari)   A Whole Year... (Jari) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Marilyn had awoken on Saturday like she had the Friday before, bright and early to prep for her mission that Louis had announced the day before. This mission had required her very specific skillset and thus had her getting up extra early to prep her tools, weapons and bodywear. She had had little time to gather much emotion since she was in Huntress mode, but had managed to give Jake a kiss when they'd gotten up. After that she'd had to concentrate. Hair braided tightly up, away from her face, her black shorts and tank top for maximm mobility, with a bulletproof spell on them, Louis' cuff between the rings of the two shield cuffs she donned, her utility belt filled with her blades and smoke bombs and real bombs.

After suiting upthe woman ran through her mental checklist before interrupted by a kiss and a "Happy first anniversary!" Sweet, she thought, thinking that they could celebrate by simply enjoying each others company later that night when the mission was over. But there was no time for that now.

The mission was a hard one, they'd found an underground group that was guilty of smuggling dark artifacts over the border to eastern Europe, composing of a vampire, a few werewolves and a handful of wizards. The wizards were taken down by her team with little difficulty, and the vampire was something Mari had taken care of often enough for it to be a quick job to incapacitate him without killing him. The werewolves had been vicious, two men and a woman. The moon was almost full so their bloodlust rivaled hers.

After a somewhat bloody fight Mari had knocked down the men, her hair undone and frazzled, her guns and their silver bullets still untouched, lip split open. Standing before the woman who wore a tattered Tshirt and an old pair of jeans, ripped everywhere, Mari was poised to strike at any moment, the two circling each other. The woman growled a low feral sound but Mari remained expressionless, her busted lip healing before the womans eyes, leaving her lips blood stained nonetheless.

The woman pounced and Mari evaded, jumping on her back and trying to pin her to floor to knock her out so they could take her in but she was ferocious, snarling and trying to bite Marilyn every chance she could see, not succeeding. Finally they rolled around and the woman had Marilyn pinned, amber eyes flashing yellow. A gunshot rang through the air as a silver bullet pierced her heart and she slumped on top of the witch. Mari let out a deep breath, shoving her off and sitting up, signalling her team that she was okay.

Finally it was hometime and she went straight to their flat, opening the door and feeling slightly apprehensive when Jagger didn't bound up instantly through the darkness. Suddenly, light. Following the candles slowly Mari crinkle her forehead in confusion at first, as the path led up to the television, but slowly it dawned on her that this must be Jake's doing, and she just decided to go with it.

When a familiar tune hit her ears she smiled, gasping as the image flicked on to her and her boyfriend dancing through the months. It's funny how something I thought would be a one time thing would last for so long...

It's mind blowing how much confidence you've given me to achieve anything I want to be...

Her hand flew to her mouth to cover it as she watched, smiling widely at the screen depicting her boyfriend. And then, herself. Pictures she didn't know existed of herself dancing or cooking or even sleeping. Her slender figure on the carpet with Jagger, giving him a big kiss and laughing. So this was how Jake saw her... Mari's eyes pricked with tears of joy that remained unshed and would continue to remain unshed, for this was nothing to cry about.

"I love you, Marilyn. I hope you like it..."

Mari let out a noise of surprise and happiness as he came up behind her and kissed her neck, just as the room grew lighter to reveal a beautiful spread of flowers and the promise of a comfy evening.

Quickly she turned in his arms and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly before kissing him senseless, unable to voice her emotions just yet. It wasn't until they needed air they broke apart slightly and she replied, "It's brilliant, I love you." She laughed out of audible joy and hugged him again.

"I'd love to spend the evening on the couch with you but first I have to shower as I am covered in werewolf dribble and blood and probably reek like nothing else." She cupped his face and kissed him again, "I love you so much, thank you." Mari gently wiped a drop of blood off his lower lip with her thumb before giving him a loving smile and heading off to shower really quickly. Honestly the witch just stripped off her clothes and rinsed everything off, making sure she healed everything and then magically drying herself so within five minutes she was padding into the living room wearing a robe.

"This is such a sweet surprise, Jake," She said, kissing him again when she came in, "Happy Anniversary," she whispered against his lips, sitting on his lap on the couch.

(Mari)
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: A Whole Year... (Jari)   A Whole Year... (Jari) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:12 pm

The reaction from Marilyn made Jake smile, holding her close to him as they kissed one another. He hadn't had time to notice the state she was in from the mission, but he noted her slightly broken lip as they kissed. But he hadn't thought much of it, because he couldn't see too much where they stood.

But as Marilyn said she would love to spend the evening with him, Jake's heart plummeted at the idea she had plans, or she didn't want to... The explanation came a moment later and Jake relaxed for a moment before frowning. Werewolves? But he nodded as she said she would be right back, letting her go and moving to the sofa, pulling his jacket off in the process and unbuttoning his shirt.

A sigh left his lips once the bathroom had shut, his hands moving to his face and rubbing gently.

He'd not thought about the possibility of her being hurt or not ready for the whole process and he was slightly annoyed with himself. It wasn't Marilyn's fault though, and the young man simply sat back on the sofa, waiting for Marilyn to join him once more.

"This is such a sweet surprise, Jake,"

"You're worth it." Jake replied as she sat in his lap, pressing a light kiss to her lips. "Sorry for not adding a shower in to my plans." He added with a light chuckle. "I got your favourite dinner done, when you're ready." Jake told her, pressing a light kiss to her cheek. "Are you okay? Your lip is slightly swollen... You're not hurt, are you?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Whole Year... (Jari)   A Whole Year... (Jari) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:28 pm

"You're worth it."

"You're the best," she cuddled into his arms and waved off the apology, "It's fine, just needed to rinse off, kind of hard to do this," she deepened the kiss slowly, one of her hands gently caressing his cheek, "When I'm covered in blood and dirt." The witch had a smile on her features as she began to relax in his embrace, "I'm alright," she responded in answer to his query, "Illegal weapons distribution. Vampire, three werewolves and a few wizards. One werewolf wouldn't let me stun her, shot her right on top of me, it was disgusting. Busted my lip. Blood distracted the vampire so I knocked her out. I wasn't injured apart from that and it's healed already. Is it still swollen, really?"

Mari focused on her lip and slowly the swelling went down visibly and she sighed with relief, "Knew I'd forgotten something. Don't worry, I'm really alright, just a little sore. How was your mission, are you alright?" She asked, kissing down his neck softly.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: A Whole Year... (Jari)   A Whole Year... (Jari) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Knowing that Marilyn was fine made Jake smile more, enjoying the kiss completely. The notion of what she'd done made Jake worry momentarily at how close she'd been, but Jake knew she was capable, and that she was okay right now. "It's a little swollen, but not much." Jake told her softly, but before he could sort it himself, Marilyn had fixed it and she looked as beautiful as normal.

The question of his own mission made Jake shake his head. "I don't want to talk about such things tonight." He replied, hands moving to her shoulders to gently massage them since she'd said she was sore.

"I put the video on a small CD... so you can keep it." Jake told her, smiling slightly at the notion. "So we can keep it." He amended.

"You know, I can't think of a better year in my life than this one. I'm really grateful, Marilyn. And, I love you very, very much." The words came as Jake's hands continued to massage her shoulders, hoping that he'd made the evening enough for her. It was so very difficult trying to work to what people expected when you didn't truly know what they expected.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Whole Year... (Jari)   A Whole Year... (Jari) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 5:09 pm

"I don't want to talk about such things tonight."

"Whatever you want, mi corazón," she whispered, humming in content when he began massaging her shoulders, smiling wider at the notion of them having the film on disc. "Thank you, I love it, that was an amazing surprise," Mari whispered, kissing him again as he continued to massage her shoulders through the silk robe.

The witch was truly relaxed by the time he began speaking again, the warm light of the candles melting the wax like she melted beneath his hands.

"You know, I can't think of a better year in my life than this one. I'm really grateful, Marilyn. And, I love you very, very much."

His words brought a blush to her cheeks as she absentmindedly played with a marigold, stroking the velvety petals gently. That was the only thing she ever wanted to hear, to know, that he loved her and loved being with her. That he felt the same way about her that she felt about him.

"I love you so much sometimes I think it's impossible to love a person more, but I do, every day." She whispered back, closing her eyes, "Thank you." The statement was meant to express her gratitude, not only for tonight, but for everything, every night, day, hour, minute. Every ounce of affection. "Do you know what mi corazón means?" Mari asked softly, "It means 'my heart'."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: A Whole Year... (Jari)   A Whole Year... (Jari) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Jake simply smiled as she said she loved the video. He was glad because it had taken him a while to compose and to find the right words to express just how grateful he was for everything they had together. It was something for both of them to look back on, and Jake probably wouldn't have changed anything he'd put in there.

I love you so much sometimes I think it's impossible to love a person more, but I do, every day."

Jake couldn't help but grin at that, drawing her closer to him in his lap and then lying down on the sofa with her held close. "I'm glad, because I find something new that makes me love you more all the time." Jake told her, kissing her softly as the blanket laid over her, their food forgotten as Jake got comfortable.

"Do you know what mi corazón means?"

Jake shook his head at the question, and a moment later a smile touched his lips at what it did mean. "That's really sweet." He told her, kissing her softly. "I only know English." Jake explained, though she probably already knew from the fact he always looked completely blank when they were around other languages.

"But yes, I am your heart." He whispered, smiling warmly at his girlfriend as he linked their hands together. "And hopefully, I always will be." Jake added, kissing Marilyn once more before resting back in to the pillows on the sofa.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Whole Year... (Jari)   A Whole Year... (Jari) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 5:42 pm

"I'm glad, because I find something new that makes me love you more all the time."

Oh, Mari smiled happily to herself, snuggling close to him as he laid them down gently, legs intertwined and lips only a breath away from each other as they got comfortable under the blanket. As he told her he only spoke english she chuckled lightly and kissed his cheek, not answering that yes, she'd been aware of that, because she found him so adorable when he was trying to work out what she'd said.

"But yes, I am your heart. And hopefully, I always will be."

"You will," she promised, kissing him tenderly, squeezing his hands gently, "You will always be my heart," she kissed his cheek, "my love," she kissed his other cheek, "and my world." The honest words came softly, but substantially. They rang true and they both knew it, the confession filling Mari with hope and faith for their life and future together. This was bliss, she though, but then again things just kept getting better.

"How about a nap, mi corazón?" she whispered, "And then dinner..." she nuzzled her face into his neck and smiled, closing her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: A Whole Year... (Jari)   A Whole Year... (Jari) EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 5:52 pm

The soft words of commitment made Jake smile softly. He wanted all of that, he wanted to fulfil her words o being those things to her. And to be honest, Jake was quite sure he would be. He had no plan on changing that. The kisses only made him feel more sure in that notion, too.

"I'll be all those for you." Jake promised to the witch as she settled between him and the back of the sofa, safe from any harm even though there wouldn't be any.

The notion of a nap made Jake nod. His day had been tough enough, and sleep was always welcome. With Marilyn tucking herself in to the crook of his neck, Jake tucked her hair out of her face, pressing a light kiss to her forehead and getting comfortable himself. "Sleep well, Mari." Jake replied softly, settling beside her and closing his eyes.

Neither one of them would wake for dinner, the candles slowly going out as the hours passed in the bliss they'd found from being together. It didn't have to be exactly how he planned, but their anniversary had been a success, and that was all Jake had wanted. A moment to show her he cared, and memories to go forward with.

And that evening, it would be the simple notion of being everything to someone that made Jake's evening.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Whole Year... (Jari)   A Whole Year... (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Whole Year... (Jari)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game One (2014-15)-
Jump to: