Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Zeke sat at a table in the Three Broomsticks. In front of him was a Butter beer. Around him were people; most of whom he didn't know and a few he did but never really talked too. His shoulder was still smarting from the attack that had come from his camping trip.

Zoning out brought him back to that day. A day which he shouldn't have survived. Of course he knew the reason was because he was bitten by a werewolf. It slowed his bleeding down and eventually healed the wound itself. Still his friends were dead and he was not and he felt guilty because of that. Why was he the one who survived? It wasn't fair to be honest.

Taking another gulp of the drink that was in front of him he looked around. Looking down he opened his pack that he had brought with him. Pulling out a notebook and a quill and started to write down what was going through his head. He found it to be soothing to write out what he was feeling.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:27 pm

After his first year at Hogwarts, very little had changed about Finley Allen. The only thing that had changed is that he had a very real reasonable explanation as to why things happened around him, that in reality, shouldn't have been able to. His parents were okay with the whole thing, which made it a lot easier, but he still wondered at times if someone was going to pull away this illusion and laugh at him for being foolish enough to believe that witches and wizards were real.

Finley had to shake himself as he entered the small bar in Hogsmeade Village. His parents had opted for a trip to Scotland, and Finley had suggested stopping in this village rather than the hustle and bustle of Diagon Alley again. They hadn't minded, so they'd booked a room at The Three Broomsticks and told him to go and get what he needed.

Doing as he was told, as he always did, Finley stepped back in to the bar with his arms laden with bags of school supplies ready for September.

The pub was busy, despite it being the holidays, so after putting his things back in the room, Finley had come back downstairs and ordered himself a Butterbeer before looking for somewhere to sit. Everywhere was full, except one booth that had only one occupant. Talking to people... great. Moving forward, Finley cleared his throat gently. "Excuse m-me... c-could I sit h-here, please?" The boy asked, a very nervous, small smile on his lips as he looked at the older boy. "I w-won't disturb you, I p-promise." He stuttered, looking away once more because eye contact was very, very difficult for him.

Much like all social interaction to him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Zeke was started when someone decided to talk to him. He was so engrossed in his writing that he hadn't even noticed anyone approach him. Which was quite unusual since he did have more keen hearing. Looking up he saw a kid that looked to around his age.

The kid was asking if he could sit and looking around Zeke noticed the place had filled up quite a bit since he had gotten his notebook out. There was really no other place to sit here. Sitting his notebook down he sighed. "I suppose so but try not to bother me too much." he said as he picked his drink up and took another gulp.

He could tell the kid was a ball of nerves and to be honest Zeke figured the kid didn't want to make much chit-chat. Arching his back to crack it he scratched his head and scooted his stuff so the kid had room on the table as well.

The kid looked to be a Ravenclaw by the looks of his clothes. Smart and evidently shy and nervous. He pictured the word nerd in his head and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Finley's eyes averted when the older boy looked up, never one to be able to keep eye contact. It was much too intimidating to actually look someone in the eye, hence Finley didn't, this way he most kept under the radar.

"I suppose so but try not to bother me too much."

"I w-won't." Finley assured the boy, sitting down opposite and pulling out his book from his bag. And for all intents and purposes, he had no intention of breaking that notion because he had a lot of reading to do. There was no time like the present, either. Yes, school was about a month away, but he didn't see the harm in preparing for the classes that were going to come up. Even if it wasn't the theory he struggled with.

The book he'd chosen to read up on was a Care of Magical Creatures book, undoubtedly one of his strongest subjects due to the lack of wand work that was needed to pass the subject. Finley's magical skills were not very good yet, but he was trying very hard to excel. His lips pulled in to a small smile as he read about Salamanders, they seemed really cool animals, if he was honest. Hopefully they would get to look at those this year.

Looking to the boy across the table, Finley noticed he was writing, and due to his curious nature, he paused for a moment. "D-did you get s-summer homework?" He asked softly, so softly in fact that the older boy could pretend not to hear if he really didn't want to talk to him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Nodding as the boy said he wouldn't Zeke coughed. The kid started to bring books out and Zeke snorted quietly. Yep the kid was a total nerd. school was a ways away and here he was bookworming.

Looking back down at the table he took a drink of his butterbeer before he picked his notebook back up and started writing again. Tapping his quill against his chin he started to chew on it. Putting the quill back to the paper he began writing again.

"Why me? Why this? How fair is it for me to have to suffer like this? To know I didn't die but they did? It's like living in a hell that.." he was writing when the kids voice interjected his thoughts. It was almost a whisper so the kid was obviously trying to act invisible but with his hearing it was louder then normal.

"Schoolwork?" he snorted putting down his notebook. "Why in Merlins domain would I be doing work during the summer? I'm not some nerd or bookworm like you!" he said maybe a bit to harshly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:41 pm

The snort that came with the mention of schoolwork made Finley realise that the boy before him was probably not from his own house. Well, it didn't hurt in asking, Finley might have been able to help, or even better, learn something new. But the boy before him didn't seem to have the same outlook on life.

But the next words made Finley cringe, outwardly and inwardly because those words were very hurtful. Also, they were a part of the reason he was how he was. Books didn't judge you, they didn't call you names. "S-sorry." Finley replied, shying away form the older boy a little bit, more out of instinct than anything else.

He was a curious young man though, so Finley wasn't going to give up quite so easily - another fault of his own, not knowing when people didn't want to hear him talking. "W-what are you d-doing?" The boy asked, his eyes showing just how inquisitive he was, but his stance still somewhat guarded, waiting for another attack on his person that he would neither defend nor deny.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:10 pm

Zeke sighed as his pinched the bridge of his nose. He hated this. He didn't mean to but sometimes things that came out of his mouth either came out out wrong or hurt someone and he could see that was what he had done to his kid. He could see him cringe at those last words he had flung at him.

"Look sorry it's just I am not obsessed with school like some. I just do my schoolwork and get done with it so I can be doing things I actually like doing." he said hoping that a more softer tone would calm the boy down.

Pointing to his notebook he became wary. He didn't allow anyone into his book because it held all his fears and emotions and he would hate if anyone saw what was written there. It was his only way though because he he never let his feelings out. He always bottled them up which was not a healthy thing he had discovered.

"That is something which to be honest it none of your business. I like to write...stuff...and that it what I use for it." he said hoping it didn't sound too mean.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 8:18 pm

The notion of being obsessed with school was not one Finley believed he was part of. He liked school, and he liked studying, but he wasn't obsessed with school. Though he did understand how that might have been mistaken. Perhaps the boy wasn't a Muggleborn like him, so he didn't understand just how cool a lot of this stuff was. He wasn't sure.

"I j-just like reading a-about the n-new creatures. W-we don't get t-these at h-home." Finley defended softly, showing the older boy the Salamanders despite the whole book being like nothing he'd ever seen before.

The older boy didn't seem to be much of a sharer though, as he told Finley it was none of his business what was in the book. And, to be fair, he was quite right in that manner, because it really wasn't any of his business, but he couldn't help being curious. A simple nod showed that Finley had understood that it wasn't his business, and the Ravenclaw fell silent for a moment, thinking about something else to say.

The notion of not disturbing the boy was out of the window, for sure.

"M-my name is F-Finley. S-second year R-Ravenclaw. Do y-you go to Hogwarts?" He asked, though he didn't know if this was going to help him make friends or just annoy the boy opposite him, but it was worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 10:22 pm

For once Zeke wasn't going to say anything because he honestly didn't want to hurt the kid more then he most likely had already. He wanted to mention the stuttering so bad but he calmed himself and kept himself from saying something which he would regret.

He looked as the younger boy shoved a book over his way to look at. Did this kid live under a rock or something? It was almost sad. "Where in the world did you come from to not know about this stuff? Didn't your parents ever teach you about this stuff?" he said quizically.

The boy took the boy back and stood silently for a few moments and at that point Zeke took another drink from his mug.

"M-my name is F-Finley. S-second year R-Ravenclaw. Do y-you go to Hogwarts?" Like really what kind of question would that be? Would he even be here if he didn't go to Hogwarts? "Of course I do! I am a Slytherin Fourth year. My name is Ezekiel Flynn though you can just call me Zeke for short." he said trying to be a bit more friendly
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 9:41 am

The question of where he'd come from made Finley frown for a moment before realising this was all very normal to people who had been brought up with it. "I... M-my parents are M-Muggles. We d-don't have these in t-the Muggle w-world." Finley explained sheepishly. He knew all too well that some people didn't like Muggleborns, but he was hoping the boy in front of him would be different. "I w-was brought up w-with cows and s-sheep and farm a-animals."

The question of his seemed to not have gone down very well, and when he found out the boy was a Slytherin, Finley came a little guarded. It had been Slytherins who had bullied him throughout his first year, and now he'd unknowingly ran in to the serpent's jaws without thinking. Hopefully though... hopefully this boy wouldn't be the same.

"Zeke..." Finley said, testing out the name that was very new to him. "T-that's an unusual n-name." Finley replied with a small smile. He liked it though, it was... well, it kind of said the boy was out of the ordinary, and Finley made a mental note to look up the name when he got up to see what it meant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)   Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next