Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
OOC Chatbox
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Jake Newbury, Janet Shinings

Most users ever online was 13 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:14 pm
Latest topics
» Kit Harrington
by Mimosa Harrington Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Teacher Orientation? [Jake]
by Andrei Kessler Yesterday at 7:06 pm

» Play Date (Sophie)
by Sophie Heart Yesterday at 7:29 am

» New Beginnings {Ambroise & Roxanne}
by Ambroise Durand Yesterday at 5:17 am

» Advertising
by Guest Yesterday at 3:11 am

» Stocking up (open)
by Janet Shinings Yesterday at 12:49 am

Unanswered Open Threads

None!

IC Chatbox

Share | 

The Christmas Ball

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Administrator

PostSubject: The Christmas Ball   Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:54 pm

The Christmas Ball

Come one, come all
To Hogwarts' Christmas Ball!

It's the time of year where the festivities are at their fullest. The Headmaster has announced (in his somewhat jovial state) that a Christmas Ball will be held for all those staying over the holidays.

On the evening of the 25th December a ball will take place. Magic and splendor will fill the air, ladies in the beautiful dresses, and the young men in all their finery. It will be a night to be remembered by all. And who knows what delights will be brought before us all.

With dance floors for the active, tables for the watchers and food for all, Hogwarts has put on quite the evening for all those who remain at the school. Even a band, known to young wizards and witches alike have been brought to you for the evening.

So, without further ado...

Merry Christmas, to you!

Last edited by The Administrator on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:38 am

Christmas had come around much too quickly in TJ's books. Another full moon had passed with little and less self-destruction, and still TJ didn't know why there had been the change. All he knew was that he felt better after each full moon - yes, he still ached from the transformation, and the days running up to the transformation had him run down, but his recovery was quicker, and he didn't feel... so much of a monster.

The trouble with Christmas coming around so soon was that TJ hadn't known what gift to get for Amethyst. What did you get a witch who didn't seem to need anything? TJ didn't know, really.

But, TJ had ordered the witch the largest lollipop selection you could buy from Honeydukes, and it'd come wrapped up in a hamper that would at least show he'd put some thought in to it. And, alongside the hamper, TJ had bought his girlfriend an encyclopedia of Astronomy, written by some famous Astronomer that TJ hadn't heard of. He hoped she'd like it, as he knew Astronomy was one of her favourite subjects. It wasn't much, not really, but TJ thought it showed that he knew her, her likes, and her favourites. The card that accompanied the package had been simple in it's message, TJ had pained over something more extravagant in the Ravenclaw Tower the night before, only to write simply "To my beautiful girlfriend, Happy 1st Christmas - I can't wait for tonight! Love TJ x"

They'd had lunch together, and TJ had arranged for the package to be put on Amy's bed for when she returned later that afternoon. When they'd parted to get ready, TJ couldn't help but feel excited for that evening.

The Ball...

TJ had opted for a simple suit - not a bow tie suit, because he didn't really feel comfortable in that, and likely wouldn't use it again. No, instead he'd opted for a black suit, and black tie (he had no idea what Amethyst was wearing, so matching was not something he could have done). He'd tried to tame his hair for the evening, but it seemed the forces of nature were against him. A light stubble touched his chin that evening, and TJ made no effort in tidying that, he liked the stubble at the moment.

At five to seven, TJ had left the Ravenclaw tower, moving to the Entrance Hall to wait for Amy to appear from the dungeons. He, strangely, felt nervous that evening. He wasn't sure why, but he felt that this was a very big milestone in their relationship. Yes, they'd been dating for two months now, but today seemed... special. Rocking back and forth on his heels, TJ waited patiently, trying to picture the dress Amy would have chosen for the evening - though, he realised a moment later, it wouldn't matter what dress she wore, to him, Amy would always be beautiful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:23 pm

For Amethyst, this was the big day. It was the day of the Ball, and the first Christmas she was going to spend with her boyfriend. Someone who actually cared for her. Not that her mother or sister didn't care for her, but it seemed like Sapphire was their favorite child. Amethyst was not someone they really had much love for. Which was totally unfair, thinking that she had given them everything she could. She was the best at whatever she did, but well, she could never be Sapphire, could she?

Sighing, Amy tried not to think much of that. The only thing this would do is ruin this day for her, something she wasn't going to allow to happen. Not now and possibly not in the future. Her days with TJ were what brought her most happiness. Where she could be herself and have someone be there for her, not to criticize her but to love her for what she really was.
Even for her flaws. And the witch already knew she had quite a few of them.

Though what expected her in her room, when she returned from lunch, was the biggest surprise. Walking inside her dorm, excited to get ready for the evening that was to follow, Amy came face to face with a hamper, and next to it was lying an encyclopedia of Astronomy. The blonde witch squealed from happiness and quickly ran to her bed, looking for the card.

"To my beautiful girlfriend, Happy 1st Christmas - I can't wait for tonight! Love TJ x"

Amethyst bit her lip, her smile wider as ever as she held the card against her heart, the happiness overwhelming her. TJ was the best boyfriend she could ever wish for, and she couldn't believe he had spent his savings on all of these! He was crazy, she was sure, but she was so happy he had bought her something as well.
Placing the card aside, she quickly turned her attention to the hamper, filled with loads of lollipops, and she giggled. TJ remembered her favorite sweets, which meant he cared. He paid attention to her likes.

"Merlin... I can't believe he's my boyfriend!" She screamed happily, laying back into her bed and staring at the ceiling. She was so excited that she couldn't even move! This was combined with how nervous she was as well, since she wanted to be pretty for TJ. She always wanted to make him feel handsome next to her, not drag him down with her looks or attitude.

Jumping right back up again, Amethyst looked around, placing her beautiful presents aside and laying her beautiful dress on the bed instead. It looked so pretty, and she had never even worn this before. She really liked it though, and she hoped TJ would like it as well. Truth be told, she was kind of worried that it wouldn't match his outfit, since they hadn't talked about it at all, but Amethyst didn't care too much. Whatever he was wearing, it would still be TJ, and he would still be the most handsome man in her eyes.

After having a quick shower and using her wand to dry her hair, Amethyst looked around for the new underwear she had chose for today. She wasn't planning on anything big, but you never knew! And she wanted this day to be special either way. Putting the beige bra and matching thong -yes, she had to wear a thong with this dress- on, she moved towards her bed and smiled.

Biting her lip, she softly took her dress and slowly slipped inside it, giggling as she instantly felt like a princess. Amethyst didn't really dress up like this, so the feeling was new. But she kind of felt beautiful. Which was good.

Looking around her trunk, she found her black pumps and put them on, walking around the room a couple of times to get used to them. She had worn heels before, but it wasn't her usual type of footwear.

As for makeup and hair, Amethyst wasn't a fan of anything big. Soft curls went down her back, and she decided this was just fine. And as far as makeup goes, just a little bit of eyeliner to enhance her eyes, and some mascara and the lips were colored in a nude matte shade. That was enough, and she didn't need to add anything else, she believed.

Spraying some perfume to finish her look, Amethyst turned around just as the sound of apparation touched her ears. The cute little house elf, a friend of hers, stood there looked up at her in awe. "Miss Amethyst looks really pretty!"
Amethyst giggled and blew a little kiss to the creature, before grabbing her own present for TJ from underneath her bed along with a little card that wrote 'For the most talented Quidditch Player I've ever met. Fly safely - Amy x' and handing it to the little elf. "I want you to take this to TJ's room, okay Minnie?"

The elf nodded and with a crack, it had disappeared from her room, leaving Amy alone again. Looking around, she made sure everything was set. She was ready, TJ's present would be in his room for him to find later today, so everything was okay. Amethyst too, remembered what TJ liked, and bought him the latest Comet model. She knew that this was what TJ intended to buy for himself after Christmas, but she was faster than him on that.

Once she was sure everything was okay, she exited her dorm and Common Room, slowly making her way up the stairs. Small and steady steps until she reached the top of the last set of stairs. Slowly, she appeared from the dungeon, a slight blush on her cheeks as her eyes landed on TJ. He was already waiting for her there, which made her want to giggle. He was such a prince.

Keeping her head kind of low, she made her way towards TJ with small steps. She wasn't really used to the heels, but she was walking just find, surprisingly.
She stopped just a few inches away from him and looked up into his eyes.
Amethyst was so nervous about what he was going to say so she remained silent until he made a move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:47 pm

Thankfully, TJ hadn't had to wait too long, otherwise he might have worried Amethyst wasn't coming, or that she'd forgotten, or a million other things TJ was incredily worried about. But, all those thoughts were banished when Amethyst stepped in to the Entrance Hall, and TJ's heart skipped a beat. She looked beautiful, and the dress was exquisite.

His eyes had gone a little wide as Amethyst made her way over to him, and a smile had touched TJ's lips.

He had absolutely no idea how he'd found such a beautiful girlfriend, truth be told, but he was so, so glad that he had found someone as beautiful as Amethyst that could accept his condition. As Amy stopped before him, TJ took in the dress in its entirety from their position, his smile growing in that moment before his eyes moved to hers. If you knew TJ enough, you would be able to see he was overwhelmed, in a good way, by the evening. Happiness flooding his body as he looked at her.

"You... look exquisite." TJ told her softly, taking the step towards Amy that she'd left. "I'm the luckiest man in the world, not just tonight, but every day." He told her, leaning in to press a soft kiss to her lips. "Oh, and I almost forgot!" TJ added, pulling away and shaking his head at his silliness. Slipping a hand in to his pocket, TJ pulled out the boxed corsage that he'd bought for her, together with one for himself. "I know I should have checked colours, but I only remembered after lunch this afternoon, and it was too late by then. But, apparently this is a tradition, and I thought the wrong colour was better than nothing."

The explanation might not have been necessary, but TJ took the piece from the box and tied it carefully around Amethyst's wrist, before pinning his own to his suit. Looking in to her eyes, a hopeful smile on his lips, TJ went through everything in his head, making sure he'd gotten everything right for her, before nodding.

"Merry Christmas!" TJ finished, taking her hand and showing the witch in to the Great Hall where they would spend the evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:31 am

Amethyst had never been in a similar situation before, which made her feel kind of uncomfortable because she didn't know what exactly she was supposed to be doing. Was she doing it right? Was she doing something wrong? Only TJ would be able to tell her, and since she was really scared about it, she preferred to keep her eyes down, afraid of what she would see. Disapproval? Disgust?

But that was not how TJ felt about her, right? How would he look at her this way when there was so much more between these two? Amethyst didn't know, and she was simply scared about doing something wrong, because today was their night, and she wanted this to be magical. In any way.

"You... look exquisite."

Her eyes snapped up in that instant, looking deeply into his. He approved! Amethyst smiled widely, not able to hold back the happiness that took over her in that moment. She was so relieved that what she had done was right and that he actually liked what she had picked out. They had never talked about colors and such, so it was not something they had agreed on.

The kiss on her lips was welcomed as she kissed him back just as softly, before pulling back and watching as he fumbled with something. She didn't know what it was but once he opened the box and revealed a beautiful corsage, Amethyst giggled and bit her lip. It was so thoughtful and beautiful and she could only hug him in response, kissing his cheek softly.

"I know I should have checked colours, but I only remembered after lunch this afternoon, and it was too late by then. But, apparently this is a tradition, and I thought the wrong colour was better than nothing."

Amethyst laughed softly and shook her head at TJ. He was being so cute and silly and suddenly her nervousness was all gone. She felt at ease with TJ. She felt happy, and she wanted to spend the rest of the night, -maybe the rest of her life too-, with TJ.

"I don't care about the color, idiot," she said playfully as he tied it around her wrist.
"I care about you."
There, she had said it. She had been wanting to say this for some times now, and she was sure she had shown this in many ways to him, but she still wanted to voice it. Or better, she wanted to voice something else as well, but that was going to wait for a little bit.

"Merry Christmas!"

As he took her hand, Amethyst stood on her tip toes and gave him a little kiss on the lips.
"Merry Christmas, my little wolf."
Back to top Go down
Finley Allen
University Student
University Student

Birthday : 2001-12-25

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:51 am

Truth be told, Finley did not wish to attend the ball. Why? There were people, and as much as he might have started to conquer his fear of being around others, Finley was still not one hundred percent confident in himself either. Going home was not an option, the older he got, the more he seemed to understand that the behaviour of his father was not okay. Finley didn't wish to deal with him, so he had opted to stay at school for the holidays.

However, being a Prefect, and staying back at school meant that Finley had been roped in to helping with the ball. Whilst he didn't mind doing the decorations, being asked to go and keep on eye on people's behaviour was not something he wanted to do. Especially after the last time he'd tried to be authorative. That had gone absolutely and completely wrong. The badge was not nearly as powerful as people thought, especially with someone like Finley behind it.

But, Finley being Finley, he did what he was told. Getting dressed in to the suit his mum had sent for the occasion, Finley let out a sigh. He looked stupid, he felt stupid, and this whole thing was stupid.

Not to mention it was his birthday, and if anyone caught wind of that during the celebration... Finley knew he was going to die of embarrassment. Heading in to the hall - past a couple from the older years who looked very caught up on one another, Finley made his way to the food table, not looking for anyone in particular because he was 'on duty'.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
~Flourish & Blotts Employee ~ 21 ~ Average Build ~ 5'11" ~ Dragonology Student ~

Thank you to Haylen for my pretty signature! <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:06 am

The playful mannerisms of Amethyst made TJ smile. He knew she didn't mean it when she called him an idiot for worrying about colour. Truth be told, he worried about everything that had anything to do with Amy, because she mattered, and he simply did not want to upset her, in any manner. As problematic as that might be, TJ would not change the way he thought for anything, she was important to him. The only real friend he had, and his girlfriend.

"I care about you."

Those words were enough for TJ's cheeks to get a light flush of pink through them. Though, he had a small amount of stubble that hopefully made the effects less noticeable. "I know." TJ responded softly, not quite being able to say something similar back. Not because he wouldn't mean it, but because he wasn't one hundred percent sure how to tell Amy how much she meant to him. That was something the Ravenclaw was yet to work on, finalise, but he would, he knew he would tell her one day exactly how he felt.

"Merry Christmas, my little wolf."

A glimmer of uncertainty touched TJ's features at that nickname. Only for a second, as he realised that if Amy was okay with that, saying something like that in public, then he wouldn't worry. She was happy, and he simply could not deny her that much. "Come on, let's get a table, then... we could dance?" TJ proposed, leading her in to hall. He couldn't dance, truth be told, but he was not going to let this night go to waste. This was going to be perfect, that much TJ was certain of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:09 am

The Christmas ball had not only appealed to Madison, it had provided a perfect opportunity to take the game to the next
level. Only, part of her wasn't exactly sure if it was a game anymore. Finley was... Different. In all senses of the word, in all the possible meanings it could have taken on, he was that. And what was worse was that he made her feel different, too. Emotions weren't something she felt a lot of.

Happiness, pleasure, satisfaction... These were the things she knew. But what made humans, well, humans? No, she didn't understand those: remorse, compassion, empathy, love. It just didn't make sense to her, and those were not something that ever invaded her. Until Finley. He made her feel guilty when he got hurt and made her want to make him feel better when he was upset. It was different, and it was weird, and she wasn't quite sure she liked it.

But they were there, and she couldn't do anything about it, except try and convince herself it wasn't there and that she was still playing him, although that annoying small voice at the back of her head that only was present when he was around kept telling her that wasn't true.

Nirek was another issue, but she was a convincing liar, and she managed to explain away a lot of her actions, and most of the time, convinced herself, too.

Except for tonight.

There was no lie in the world - no manipulator in existence - that could have made her believe she was doing this for the sake of the game.

Dressed in the dress that most skirted the dress code without actually breaking it, Madison entered the hall and looked around. For anyone else, the beauty would have taken their breath away or made them pause in admiration, but to the witch, it was merely another event, and beauty was lost on her.

Instead, she glanced around the room, her eyes only lighting up as she spotted Finley. Walking across the room, she didn't hesitate, each step oozing with the confidence she always had and very quickly found herself beside him.

"Hey there, Finn," she greeted, keeping her tone soft and gentle. It wasn't by force, now, and she found it came naturally whenever she talked to him. "I was afraid you wouldn't come. It would have been dull without you. I'm glad you're here. You look amazing." The words came with ease, and, more surprisingly, actual truth. Again, different, but she pushed that idea out from her mind, and instead focused on smiling at the Ravenclaw.
Back to top Go down
Finley Allen
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:43 am

The evening had barely begun and the hall was filled. Finley was simply glad he was stationed by the door, so that he could slip away if this all grew too much. Perhaps that had been planned by the Headmaster? Finley didn't know, because he still thought Professor Jameson had lost it when he had put the badge on Finley's chest.

His eyes were moving over the crowd, not really staying on one person at anyone time because he didn't wish to get caught staring. That would likely cause trouble that he simply didn't wish to think about in that moment.

But as his head moved to looking straight forward, something held his eye that he had not been expecting. Madison. A small smile touched Finley's lips at the sight of the Slytherin. She looked... his eyes moved down, taking in the dress, and seeing the slit by her leg, moved back up instantly. Swallowing softly, Finley tried to keep his mind from wandering - not in an adult way, he was working, and Madison...

"Hey there, Finn,"

"H-hi." Finley responded, his throat feeling rather dry all of a sudden as Madison had picked him out. She was beautiful, Finley could never deny that, but he knew that there was no way in the world she would ever like him. He was just... Finley, after all.

"I didn't w-want to come." Finley admitted softly when she said she didn't think he would be here. His hand moved up to his chest where the blue prefect badge sat, indicating that this was the only reason he'd come to the ball in the first place. Had Finley of had his own way, he'd be tucked up in his bed upstairs reading his new book that he'd received for Christmas. One about the making of a Muggle film that had come out just over a year ago, Star Wars.

The compliment though, made Finley's cheeks flush pink, his eyes moving away from the witch for a moment because she'd made him feel... unusual. "You... umm... you look b-beautiful." Finley replied, his eyes glancing up at hers after the last word before looking away. "Y-your dress... is beautiful." Finley added, or maybe corrected, he wasn't sure what he was trying to say, truth be told, but it was out now, and he couldn't do anything about that.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
~Flourish & Blotts Employee ~ 21 ~ Average Build ~ 5'11" ~ Dragonology Student ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:14 am

Watching Finley closely, Maddie couldn't help but feel a tad bit smug at his reaction. It was what she had expected, and it was what she had dressed for. A bubble of laughter rose, but she bit it down as she tracked his eye movements. Ever so casually, she twisted a little, as though looking around the room, and let the material fall to cover the slit. It had achieved its purpose, and there was no point in keeping it out in the open when she wanted to converse with Finley.

"I didn't w-want to come."

She let out a small laugh. "It wouldn't have been the same if you were off reading or doing homework," she said, just a hint of dry humour infusing her tone. She reached out and very gently touched his arm, letting it linger there for the space of a heartbeat before retreating and offering him a huge smile. "I'm glad you're here."

At the compliment, she blinked, feigning a look of surprise, and then glanced down at herself. "What, this?" She shook her head. "No, I'm not half as beautiful as some of the others in the room." This was a lie. Madison Bishop was not insecure, and she knew exactly how to manipulate her looks to get the attention of almost anyone in the room. Once she had her sights set on someone, there was no going back; she went all out, and owned dresses and outfits that would give both her parents a heart attack.

Looking pointedly at the food table nearby, she said, "How about some food, Finn? I, for one, am rather peckish."
Back to top Go down
Finley Allen
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:50 am

The humour in Madison's tone was enough to make Finley smile a little, his cheeks still red. She knew exactly what he'd rather be doing, and Finley wasn't entirely sure if that should be deemed a good thing, or alarming. Perhaps she cares, a voice whispered to him, and Finley took that to mean that it was only a good thing that Madison knew what he would be doing if he wasn't here.

"What, this?" She shook her head. "No, I'm not half as beautiful as some of the others in the room."

Finley's mouth opened to tell her that this wasn't true. But, Finley was a man that liked to know that what he was saying had truth, and evidence behind it. So, the Ravenclaw looked around the hall first, trying to see if anyone else looked better (to him) than Madison did. But, upon seeing as many of the girls as he could in the room, Finley shook his head, looking back to Madison. "That's n-not true." Finley told her softly, he was, in truth, not overly comfortable with disagreeing with Madison, but he had because he wanted to be honest.

The trouble was, Finley didn't quite realise that he was opening himself and his feelings up to her with those words, or in fact that she'd been fishing for him to express himself more clearly in that moment, it had simply happened, and Finley was none the wiser.

With the prompt of food being Madison's next point of call, Finley jumped in to action. "Uh, y-yeah." He responded, pausing for a moment before he moved before doing something he thought was right. Well, everyone else in the room - the guys, anyway - seemed to be holding the hand of the person they were with, or had their arm around their waist.

The latter was much too much contact for Finley to deal with - especially with Madison because she made him feel too many things at the same time, and with her beautiful dress... No, Finley offered her his hand, ready to lead her through the people to the food table and help her collect a plate of everything she wanted. As he'd been prompted to.

Because no matter how much Finley didn't want to be here, and no matter how nervous he felt, Madison had a way of making him do anything with only the smallest prompt. And Finley didn't know how, or why, this happened, but he let it happen anyway.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:54 am

"That's n-not true."

The words surprised her. Not because she didn't think she was beautiful - she knew she was - but simply because it came from Finley. The boy never spoke anything he knew wasn't truth, and if he had said those words, that meant he believe it fully. That meant...

Merlin's beard.

He truly, and wholeheartedly, believed she was...

Shit.

"You flatter me." The words came out easily enough in the same soft tone as before, and she never once faltered in her facial expressions. Practice made perfect, and Madison had mastered hiding - and faking - emotions of any kind. She just never imagined she'd have to do that against... Whatever the hell she was feeling.

To hear that Finley honestly thought she was the most beautiful person in the hall did something that she wasn't quite sure of. Invading and obtrusive, the warm ...thing... pierced her insides, originating from a place unknown. It tried to spread, but she forced a mental block against the parasite and switched her focus onto the here and now. There would be time to analyse things later.

But one thing did occur to her - if Finley believed she was beautiful, and even more beautiful than some of the older females here, that meant on some level, he liked her. That thought was odd, and she couldn't quite comprehend it, but it was a fact she couldn't quite ignore, either, because it meant that her plans were working. She was working Finley with ease.

For a split second, she lost composure at the hand being offered, but by the time she had blinked, she had readjusted herself. A gentleman. Momentarily, her mind flashed back to when she first started her project. It had evolved to so much more since then, but she didn't quite acknowledge that, instead trying to convince her mind that her heart had not skipped a beat at the sight of the male before her.

This Finley was more confident, more sure of himself, and he was grown. Yes, he still had the occasional stutter, but it was improving, and so was his magic. He wasn't as afraid of things as before, and could hold a decent conversation with her, as well as some others.

He had come a long way, and she didn't know it, but so had she.

She took the hand and let him lead her.
Back to top Go down
Finley Allen
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Finley was honestly not sure what to say when Madison insisted that he flattered her. Was he playing the flatterer? No, Finley had been honest, and as much as he might want to tell her that, Finley found the words were lost somewhere, because he simply didn't know how to express what he meant in the right manner.

That, and, well, Madison seemed to make it difficult for him to talk in extended sentences anyway.

But, Finley didn't have to worry about his lack of argument, for the Slytherin took his hand - she had very soft hands, Finley noted, hands that were much smaller than his own, but not in a bad way. With her accepting, Finley could feel his heart beating a little faster, and really hoped Madison wouldn't know the difference as he led her towards the food table. It was only a buffet, so it made it quite easy, really. When they'd gotten to the food, Finley picked up two plates, indicating that Madison should fill them, and he would hold them for her.

One, so that she didn't ruin her dress if there was an accident, but also because he knew that it was his place. Or, he at least thought it was. "I'll h-have whatever." Finley added, he wasn't fussy so whatever Madison was eating he would eat too, to make their lives easier.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:19 pm

She couldn't help it - she bit the inside corners of her mouth to stop her from frowning as she felt Finley's hand envelope her own. The frown that threatened to show was not caused by a sense of displeasure, or because she didn't like it. Rather, it was because she did, and enjoying something simply because they were was not something she was used to.

Normally, she found pleasure in being right. In manipulation gone her way. In a game well played, or a round won. She never ever found herself being happy at the mere act of holding a hand, or of physical contact. And yet, here she was.

She tried to tell herself it was because she had manipulated the boy into doing so, but she knew that wasn't true; all she had done was got him to accompany her to the buffet table, and possibly the rest of the night. She hadn't expected him to ask for her hand, or for her to accept. That was not part of the plan; that was not what she had in mind.

And she... liked it.

He took a plate for her as well, and finally, things were back in schedule. "Thank you," she murmured, beginning to place food items on both their plates, careful to choose what she knew Finley liked. When she was done, she took her plate from him. "Shall we find a quiet corner?" she asked, already having spotted one earlier.

She could only hope her presence was enough to deter anyone else from joining them; Merlin knew her own people, and those that knew her, would not dare sit themselves with her if she hadn't specifically invited them. But the others would be something else. She would take care, though, of each problem as it arose.
Back to top Go down
Finley Allen
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:41 pm

No problems arose as Madison filled his plate with a good selection of food. The house elves, as always, had done a magnificent job with the food, and truth be told, Finley couldn't wait to tuck in to it all. As Madison took her plate, Finley grabbed them a knife and fork each and followed her across the room, careful where he was placing his feet so that he didn't stand on her, or anyone else's, dress.

That was a disaster Finley definitely wanted to avoid at all costs.

Once they'd been seated, Finley passed her the cutlery and tucked in to his food only a moment later. Polite as it might be to wait, Finley was hungry and he knew Madison wouldn't mind if he got on with the food. Or perhaps he hoped she wouldn't, the Ravenclaw could not be sure.

"S-so..." Finley started, before swallowing his mouthful of sausage roll. "No-one a-asked you to the b-ball?" Finley asked, because Madison had arrived on her own, and it didn't seem like she was in any rush to go off to see someone else. The question was a little hopeful, Finley rather wanting to know that there was not a random guy waiting for her. Because that would be very complicated, and Finley did not wish to deal with that.

But, also, he didn't want there to have been someone else, because that would have meant someone had thought about this harder than Finley and actually thought about asking Madison. Which, in hindsight, he probably should have done, but he hadn't. After all, what was the likelihood Madison would have said yes if he'd have worked up the courage to ask?

She's sat with you now, a voice offered helpfully, but Finley wasn't sure whether that really meant anything in the long run.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:07 pm

Calling him a little wolf wasn't meant to offend TJ. She was comfortable with him being a werewolf, and she wanted to show him that. That she wasn't scared of being near him, with him and that she didn't want to hide him in any way. He was her powerful wolf. Hers. And she wouldn't change that.

Though she didn't speak another work, afraid of giving him a bad impression. She was going to play safe, since she still didn't know how well he was taking things like these. Compliments and whatnot.

"Come on, let's get a table, then... we could dance?"

Amethyst nodded happily and took his hand, walking along with him. A big smile was touching her lips and her eyes wouldn't leave his face. He was so handsome..

She still wasn't sure how she had gotten him to fall for her, or well, she still wasn't sure whether he had fallen for her at all.
But she knew she loved him. And she was sure about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:32 am

The problem with being single and uninterested was that it did not make sense for her at all to be at the Christmas Ball. While everyone danced, laughed, and flirted away, Gabrielle stood by the refreshments table, wondering why she had even bothered to get dressed and join the festivities in the first place. It didn't help that most of her friends had dates, and that when they tried to set Gabrielle up with some Slytherin bloke, they did not get on immediately. At the moment, her date was on the dance floor with some blonde girl, and Gabrielle could care less.

She could care less about any of this, anyway. She started to regret not having brought a book with her, but her roommates told her that it would be rude to bring out a book in the middle of dancing or conversation with her date. That would've been preferable, though, over standing by the refreshments and stuffing herself with food. With a poker, almost bored expression on her face, she scanned the Great Hall for a friendly face, hoping to see someone who wasn't busy looking for some after-party snogging.

She had actually tried kissing someone the summer before her sixth year in Hogwarts. By then, most of her fellow students already had some experiences in the romance field, and her lack of interest in anyone worried her. The kiss was an attempt to both console herself and be more like her peers, but it ended up confusing her even more. As she kissed the muggle from her summer job, she felt... nothing. Not the warm sensation her friends talked about or the butterflies fluttering in one's stomach that she always read about. He's eating my face, she remembered thinking. They never kissed again afterwards, and Gabrielle was perfectly alright with that.

And yet, she did find herself longing for a connection. Not a romantic connection, but a connection nevertheless. People were so dull, predictable and boring, and no one ever lived up to her standards and challenged her. She had thought being sorted into Ravenclaw would mean that she would meet like-minded individuals, but instead even her few Ravenclaw friends were the sort to trust more in memorised data than in actual intellectual explorations, such as making scientific hypotheses or theories and testing them. Well, whatever, live and let die, to quote that James Bond song her father loved so much. If most of humanity (especially the wizarding world) wanted to remain idiotic, that was not her problem.

With a self-satisfied look on her face that wasn't quite a smile, but not a smirk either, she walked to the dance floor and joined the students dancing without partners. She wasn't going to find someone she could mentally spar with here, so she might as well have a little bit of mindless fun. She glanced at the guy to her right and winked, knowing that it was all he would ever get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:15 am

Dear Ellie,

My dearest, darling, eldest daughter. How I love thee, let me count the ways... It's a lotta ways. I write with the intent to inform you that your littlest sister is fairing well with the new home. I know you've only been gone four months, and you're bound to return for the holidays, but I've want to tell you of how little Katherina goes purely because I am in a wonderful mood. Momma's been reading some Shakespeare, that she has. Anyway, Katherina's been subjected to all the baby pictures of you and Philly and Cayly and gosh I just started to miss you all so much.

Also, heard you have a dance tonight and Cay told me you didn't plan on going since you didn't want to buy a dress and all the other commodities so your father's money and I took the liberty of gifting you with a pretty dress.

Love,
Momma-Kins

Ellie groaned as she read the letter and looked at the package with total disdain. She abhorred it when her mother shopped for her. Her mother liked to dress her up like a little doll to be parade about and to be prodded and to be awed over. She loved it as much as she hated it. She loved it because she enjoyed the attention, all young people did because it's just a natural thing, but she hated it because she received questions and unwarranted groping and advances. She preferred that kind of company be filtered out and away from her.

At least at this dance, she needn't worry about it considering she'd have at least a brother to watch over her. She penned out a quick letter, gave it to some first year with specific directions on who to give it to, likely tucked away in a corner of the library. She received a reply within an hour as she was finishing her report for History of Magic class. She smiled at the girl, gave her five galleons and shooed her away.

There was a Ravenclaw fifth-year that had showed some interest in her, quaint as he was, she found him dull. However, he was sensible. A sensible half-blood, her stomach churned at the idea of going with someone not a pureblood, was to escort her tonight. His name was Alexander, and he was attractive. If she hadn't been exposed to a life of luxury, if she wasn't from luxury herself, perhaps he'd be of more interest to her. As it was, the fifth year Alexander would suit her just nicely for a single night of innocent dancing. He sounded exciting to be escorting her, after all, so maybe the night wasn't bound to be a total bust.

"Sylvie," she called out to the bubbly, but useful fourth year, the redhead turned immediately, "can you do my hair please? Something to match this dress." She quickly unwrapped the package. The dress was modest, if a bit tight, and the shoes looked atrocious, but she suspected that was her mother's intent.

"Of course!" Came the thrilled reply, Ellie cringed, and set to doing her make-up.

Ellie's Dress
Ellie's Accessories
Alexander Devroushim

Later in the evening, post Sylvie's quick curling of her hair, and the dressing up of herself, she stood outside of the portrait to see Alexander and his group of friends with their notably Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff dates waiting for her.

"Wow, you look stunning; like you stepped out of a portrait of Aphrodite herself. Absolutely breathtaking." He cooed, smiling widely. She scanned over him and gave him a shy smile, with a light biting of her lower lip to add emphasis of attraction.

"Thank you, Alex," she answered, "you're very kind for taking me up on a date so last minute. And you look quite dashing yourself Lucky, lucky me." He flushed and offered her his arm.

"How could I deny someone as beautiful as you?" He asked teasingly. She grinned wider, liking the fawning.

"Don't make me blush," she joked, and they continued some menial conversation just a few steps ahead of the group as they headed toward the Great Hall.

Once they arrived they danced for hours on hand, some were slow, some were all in a group with their heads tossed back as laughed echoed through their bodies at something silly. Overall, she was having quite a lot of fun even if it did feel totally menial. After sometime she excused herself to stand outside.

She took in a deep breath and enjoyed the quiet night air, loving the way it cooled her heated skin. When she heard footsteps approaching, she was in a splendid mood to reciprocate to any form of conversation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:30 am

As they took their seat, Madison glanced around the hall, only now fully taking it in. The decorations were nice, and suited very well for a Christmas ball. All around her were couples. Some kissing, some dancing, some whispering to each other, some hurrying off to Merlin-knew-where to do Merlin-knew-what. It was fascinating to watch and gather intel about people, but frankly, that was not what was on Maddie's mind.

Instead, as she blinked herself back to the current time and place, she smiled softly and accepted the cutlery passed her way. Watching him for a few seconds, she wondered briefly what he would've done had she not showed up; it was a possibility he wouldn't have eaten at all, despite being obviously hungry. It was only then that she, too, began to eat, taking small bites and chewing neatly.

"No-one a-asked you to the b-ball?"

She blinked. Finley making small talk was still not something that she was quite used to, as much as it showed her she was winning. She took her time chewing the bite of salad, mulling over what she wanted to say. By the time she swallowed, Maddie knew her next move.

Smiling at the Ravenclaw, she casually said, "Many people asked, but I turned them all down." She picked up her fork, brought the food halfway to her mouth, then hesitated for a moment. "The one person I wanted to go with, you see, didn't ask," she concluded.

She put down her fork again and shrugged. "What about you"
Back to top Go down
Finley Allen
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:03 pm

Finley would not have been able to lie his way through the current situation. The situation in which Madison told him she had been asked to the ball by many other people. A squirming on his insides happened that was most unpleasant. One he didn't quite know the origin of but could have had a very good guess at.

He wanted to ask who - though the reasoning for that would have been (quite simply) because he wanted to tell himself again and again, by comparison to those who had asked, why he was not good enough for... well, Madison. Because Finley did have feelings for the Slytherin, as complicated as they might be, he did like the witch. But he was very, very scared of saying that, because she would most likely have just laughed at him.

"The one person I wanted to go with, you see, didn't ask,"

"Oh..." Finley replied softly, feeling his insides tighten just a little more than before. Madison liked someone, or at least wanted to go to the ball with someone. Finley did not, for a single second, think that she was talking about him. And he idly wondered who it might have been. There were plenty of guys out there who would have probably been exactly what Madison wanted. "I'm s-sorry he... he d-didn't ask." Finley responded softly, meaning those words in that moment, because he would have liked for Madison to be happy.

When the question turned to him, Finley gave a small shrug. "I'm only h-here because I'm a p-prefect." He told her. If he hadn't been forced in to helping with the evening, he definitely would not have been here. So, he really hadn't thought about asking anyone. Truthfully. Though, as he looked across at Madison, he knew there would only have been two options. One: ask Naomi to go, as friends, so long as she wasn't going with one of the Brennham brothers (Finley always confused the two of them). Or, two: ask Madison and die of embarrassment when she said no.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:33 pm

The Christmas Ball had come around much sooner than Jacques had anticipated. He had contemplated going time and time again - weighing it up with going back to France for the holidays to get away from the monotonous English people. However, Elenore had pleaded with him again and again not to force all of them to go home, and he had a sneaking suspicion that her and Caramarienne had plans.

It would have been fun to squash their fun, truth be told.

But Jacques had decided against it.

Jacques had asked a Pureblood Slytherin in his year, Eloise, to join him at the ball. She was, of course, beautiful, but Jacques was not interested in any way. Jacques had pulled on his suit only just in time for the ball, and pulled his fingers through his hair until it looked just how he wanted.

He'd made his way to the common room just in time to see Eloise appear from her room, and she looked - to any other man - divine. Jacques moved to her side, paying her compliments that he did not mean before leading her up to the ball. It was not to Jacques taste, tacky as anything not done by the Clement staff would be.

He eyed his sister with a large group of first years, dancing with girls and boys with indifference, a warm smile on her face. Caramarienne was close by, with an older student Jacques wasn't sure he knew, but he didn't have time to question it before he was pulled back to the person beside him.

The ate, and they got a drink and Jacques was scanning the room when Eloise asked for a dance. Jacques grimaced before accepting and moved to the floor to dance with the girl he'd asked to the dance. They danced only once, before Jacques excused himself, leaving the blonde in the arms of another who wanted to dance. He mulled around the edge of the dance floor before he noticed it.

Ellie Brennham, dancing.

He paused in his movements, eyes on her completely. She looked happy in that moment, and... loathe as he might be to admit it, very pretty in the outfit she wore. However, Jacques eyes moved to the boy she was with, and in an instant he felt disgust. The boy was not a Pureblood, of that much Jacques was certain. He had half a mind to interrupt the dance, but just as he was about to step across the dance floor, Elenore stood in front of him.

"Dance with me?" She asked him, and Jacques eyes fell to her face. Giving a single nod, Jacques bowed to his sister's wishes, leading her in a dance. "You'll get wrinkles early if you don't stop frowning." Elenore teased softly as he span her round, a soft giggle leaving her lips as she did so.

"I'm fine." Jacques responded, his eyes flickering to Ellie once more. Though, he wasn't sure in that moment.

Elenore kept hold of him for a few more songs, Jacques watched Ellie leave the dance floor, out in to the cool winter air, and he excused himself from the dance when it finished, hurrying after the Gryffindor.

"I would have thought you'd of chose someone better to come to the ball with, Brennham." Jacques insisted to the witch as he moved to stand before her, his eyes on hers in an instant. "What is he - a halfblood?" Jacques asked, a faint trace of disgust on his features in that moment. How could she have accepted a halfblood's invite to the ball? Really.

~ Profile ~ Plot Page ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 17 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:57 am

He said... Nothing. He didn't comment, he didn't ask who, and he didn't so much as make a general noise of acknowledgement. But then again, she was pretty sure that he would not known what to say if he had been capable of speaking, something Maddie was quite certain he could not. Not in that moment, at the very least.

And that told her two things, both of which were opposites. First was that he frankly just did not care, and, therefore, had nothing to say about it. The second - and this was the option that confused her the most - was that Finley was jealous. That he wished he had gone with Madison, or that he had asked her.

Which it was, though, she didn't dare try and guess, although a part of her - the part she hid from everyone, including herself - hoped it was the second. And that in itself was enough confusion: hope was not something Madison did. Logic and planning got things done, and hope was for those that couldn't manipulate situations to suit them. So why was she doing just that, when she knew with time she could make it so that Finley wanted her?

Because it wouldn't be the same, the same part of her whispered, and at once she blocked off all those thoughts. It wasn't something she needed.

"I'm s-sorry he... he d-didn't ask."

Maddie shrugged. "I am, too. I would have loved to go with him." She paused, debated dropping another hint, then added, "But I also know he wasn't planning on coming to the ball at all, so it's a no-brainer that he didn't ask."

At his next statement, she nodded. "But you're here, right?" she asked, a light smile touching her features. "So you might as well enjoy yourself. Besides - who else will keep me company?" she added, wondering if he had picked up on any of her clues. Probably not, she decided. For a Ravenclaw, he was quite slow on verbal hints. Turning her attention back to the food, she wondered how she would play out the rest of the night.
Back to top Go down
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

Birthday : 2002-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:15 am

Lux's Outfit:

Lux fixed on her bat earrings then stood back and surveyed herself in the mirror, turning one slow round. When she was done with her inspection, her lips curled into a satisfied smirk. It had taken her ages to find a dress she deemed worthy enough for the Christmas ball. Knowing most of the girls would show up in flow length sweet gowns, she'd made sure to go for a short dress that had strategic see through areas.

Unsurprisingly, no one had asked her to the dance and she was grateful for that. Having to hang on to the arm of a guy was no way to spend the night. Oh no. She'd flown solo her entire life and she wasn't about to change that anytime soon. Lux had considered not attending the dance but after the amount of work she'd put in - as a prefect - to decorate the hall, she decided she had to admire the fruits of her labour.

Huh. Prefect. What a hoot! It was more of a shock than anything when she found out she'd been selected to be a prefect. The one who took every opportunity to break the rules now had to enforce them. She snorted. Well, it gave her the opportunity to bully the younger years that was for sure and she'd make the most of that.

She applied a coat of lipstick to match the colour of her dress and doubled checked her eye-make up. She'd gone for a dark almost gothic look. It was Christmas after all and she had to do everything in her power to contradict the season. She pulled on her ankle boots and set off for the great hall, her heels clicking softly on the floor.

Her eyes took in the decorations and she nodded once, a small grin playing on her lips. She made her way to the buffet table, and poured herself a drink before letting her gaze wander around the hall. To her utmost surprise, she spotted Finley with another girl. Looks like the loser is smitten her lips turned in disgust.

Lux took a few steps closer, making sure she wouldn't be seen by them. As she drew near, her eyebrows nearly flew off her head as she recognised the girl he was with. Madison. That girl was a bitch. No kidding. Lux shook her head. What was she doing with him? She'd heard of some of the girl's exploits and couldn't deny that she was impressed. Lux heard that she even had some of the older years wrapped around her dainty little finger.

True, Lux didn't have her own posse of followers but she did have students scared out of their wits and willing to do whatever she told them to. Taking a sip of her drink, she remained in the shadows and observed the couple. This night might prove interesting after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:39 am

Earlier in the evening before Ellie and Alexander begun dancing, at she ate with his friends she was subjected to many a question. Some found it odd that she was a Gryffindor when she clearly sported no outwardly, overtly brave characteristics (she definitely did not fit the stereotype of being loud, boisterous, or obnoxious) and others found her to be more Ravenclaw than Gryffindor. It was the stupidest idea she'd ever heard, but she hid that part of her opinion knowing it was better to not say that out loud. She merely laughed and acted humbled and embarrassed by what they were saying.

Dancing with Alex was good at first, after the first one that was medium paced and elegant there were a few more slow ones. She blessed her lucky stars that one of Alex's friends offered her a blister-away potion and a healing potion for her feet, post the dance there was bound to be some blood and pain. However... It was proving to be enjoyable. Alexander was a gentleman, surprising considering his ailment of blood, and never moved his hands lower than was necessary and got her drinks when she needed it.

His company was decent too, he was a bit dull; a puzzle easily solved. The second of two children, a late bloomer, gentle and still finding himself, and he was definitely a boy unexposed to the horrors of manipulative, deceitful women. Easily handled, she also thought as she smiled a wan smile at him to which he flushed and promptly looked away. She catalogued that detail too.

Standing outside felt good; it felt better than seeing her brothers dance with people they genuinely adored and experiencing Alex trying to stumble his way through a conversation with a professor while playing arm-candy. She played with one of the bangles on her wrist as she let the air cool her heated skin. At the familiar sound of a certain someone's voice, she flushed, ready to tell him to shove off.

Except there is something utterly disarming about a handsome boy. Her face contorted from one of anger to one of quick confusion, she shook her head a bit, telling herself that the evening was far too nice to let him ruin it. Then he went and opened his mouth to continue talking, and she was disgusted and frustrated more.

"Oh look it's the little Clement boy," she spat out with a roll of her eyes, "must you antagonize the good of heart so often? You must hate puppies." Ellie's jaw clenched. "An act of charity," she mumbled half-heartedly. "And your own date? What's her name again? Eileen? Ellen? Answer me this at least, is she as vapid as she looks?" She asked crossing her arms, ignoring the race of heart, and smirking just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Finley Allen
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:35 pm

The comment of how Madison would have loved to go with the person made Finley's insides hurt rather painfully. Who? This was the prominent question that was only just staying off of his lips. Who did Madison want to come to the ball with, and why - with the level of confidence the Slytherin witch had - had she not asked him?

Finley wasn't at all sure, and his body was making weird movements internally at these questions. It didn't like the idea of Madison with someone else...

"But I also know he wasn't planning on coming to the ball at all, so it's a no-brainer that he didn't ask."

A frown touched Finley's features, and he looked at Madison sideways. That story was so... him. But, Madison couldn't mean him, could she? Why would Madison Bishop have wanted to go with him? He didn't have anything to offer. He couldn't dance. He certainly wasn't very good company. Many people thought he was boring.

And yet, it seemed Madison was hinting...

"So you might as well enjoy yourself. Besides - who else will keep me company?"

"A-aren't all of your friends h-here?" Finley asked, not trying to cause offence, or push her away. But Madison Bishop was popular, and Finley was not. He was easily overlooked, and forgotten even easier. The notion of enjoying himself wasn't one that Finley thought he could find in this room, but, as he stole another glance at Madison, and how beautiful she looked that evening, he knew that... maybe for once in his life, he'd found something more beautiful than a novel.

That thought turned Finley's cheeks pink without him realising, his eyes averting from the Slytherin and back to his food. Feelings, Finley decided, were not easy to deal with.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   

Back to top Go down

The Christmas Ball
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next