Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian)   Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 7:54 am

Her lips twitched in amusement at the notion he presented of photography. The truth was simple: she did not find it interesting in the least. You pressed a button and the image came out. Some might argue that it was useful for memories - keepsakes, in a manner of speaking - but she disagreed. What use were pictures when you could have a pensieve instead? The whole interaction was captured and one was able to then re-experience the entire thing, versus just having one image to look at.

But, she said none of this, instead offering him a genuine smile. "Perhaps you are right," she mused. "Are you suggesting you are the one to prove me wrong?" she added, tone playful, yet her smile showing that she was not flirting or saying that statement as a means of trying to 'get lucky'. She was simply teasing him, and it showed.

The question made her chuckle softly to herself. This was the opening she was waiting for. If Adrian was to be a friend, he would have to know her - a part of her, in any case - as she was. And this was part of it.

"Boys," she said, simply, allowing a few seconds to pass. Adrian could muse, and think, before she would add on to that. So, after some time, she smiled. "Not men, mind you - boys. Manipulation is my poker. I play them, plain and simple." Now all that was left was to see what he thought of that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian)   Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 11:19 am

"I'm not the one to prove you wrong, no, my talent lies with the still frames. But I have seen moving pictures that are exquisite, so I'll make note to forward you a few copies. To prove you wrong." He responded, his tone light, showing that he was only playing with her in the same manner she had teased him only a few moments before.

"Boys,"

The answer to his question made Adrian frown. Before he had chance to catch himself his facial expression had changed in that moment to show that he wasn't sure what to make of that answer. Her clarification on playing boys as opposed to men made Adrian wonder which category she had placed him in for a split second. Though, really, it didn't make much difference to him which one she had put him in, because he wasn't here to be played.

"I have to say you are one of the most extraordinary women I've had the pleasure to meet." He mused, shaking his head. "Extraordinary likes for a Pureblood witch, and so blase with them." Adrian let out a soft chuckle. "But, if I might, why play with boys? Surely men would be much more of a challenge?" He prompted, very curious as to what was going to be given in answer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian)   Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:24 am

A light smirk touched her features as he spoke about proving her wrong; she was enjoying this, even if it wasn't leading to anything. It was always fun to meet someone who didn't mind her ... difference, to put in a nice manner. No, Serafina knew she was unorthodox and slightly more unconventional than most would like or have her be. Nevertheless, it was in the right proportions - in her mind - for she never openly disobeyed her parents or went against Purebloods.

She let out a slight laugh as her statement caught him off guard, eyes twinkling in amusement. She enjoyed having these sort of reactions, for it told her that the males weren't as high-up or in control as they would like people to see them as. After all, if a single simple sentence could make them lose control of their facial expressions, what more could more of the right sentences do?

The compliment came and passed, and Serafina paid little heed to it; it wasn't anything she didn't already know. "Thank you," she said, simply, showing that she accepted it.

"But, if I might, why play with boys? Surely men would be much more of a challenge?"

She tilted her head ever-so-slightly, not in confusion, but rather, in amusement, and another light laugh escaped her as she smiled coyly. "Because men wouldn't allow themselves to get swept away by games; they wouldn't allow themselves to become toys."

Pausing a second to let Adrian wrap his mind around this, she didn't let him comment before going on. "Men, in my experience, know their worth, value, and status. There know what they want and they aren't likely swayed, not even by the most convincing of..." Hesitating purposely, she let a smirk play on her lips for a split second before continuing with, "...offers."

Again, she stopped to let her words sink in. "Boys, on the other hand, are insecure and need constant affirmation - to put simply, they are like toys, ready and more than willing to dance to one's tunes, if only the right motivation was offered. The challenge, therefore, is finding the different motivations for each individual."

Leaning back in her seat, arms still elegantly posed on her lap, she smiled as she concluded, "I don't play men, therefore, not because I am not up to the challenge, but rather that there is no challenge. It would be foolish to try, and I am not foolish." The last sentence was said simply, matter-of-fact, for she was not boasting, just stating something she knew was true.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian)   Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 11:43 am

Adrian listened to the whole of Serafina's explanation with no notable change of expression on his features. They simply showed he was listening and being open to her opinion, and nothing more.

Internally, though, Adrian was surprised to begin with, then impressed by the logic behind her games. They were perhaps... trivial and not likely to lead to anything more than her fun, but if that was the purpose of the game, then Adrian allowed her the game.

"Well, it seems your reasoning is thorough enough." Adrian remarked when she had finished, a smile touching his lips to show he had appreciated the explanation. After all, a game that only one person knew the rules of was a very dull affair indeed.

"I can't help but feel sorry for the poor boys who thought they had a chance when they were only a play toy. But then... that's the fun of these meetings, no? Working out the right person through a mixture of carefully played games." Adrian said, a small rise of his shoulders in that moment showing his indifference. Not a full shrug, because that was unorthodox.

"It would have been remarkably interesting to see you play, too. But alas, this is not the time." Adrian mused, he could tell - or maybe strike an informed guess - that Serafina could tear a boy apart, given the time, and it would have been impressive to see. But, not today.

"So." Adrian prompted, trying to decide where to go with conversation next, pausing for a moment, then continuing. "You're at university, I'm told. How's that going?" He asked, his tone not belittling in the slightest. Actually somewhat encouraging because he admired the mind of the witch before him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian)   Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 4:16 am

[[OOC: SORRY IT'S TAKE ME SO LONG! D: Serafina went missing for a while; I think it's cos Stephanie tried to take her place and Sera was all, "I'm having nothing to do with this kind of immature power struggle; if she wants to try and be someone she can go ahead," and so stepped back and let her youngest sister pretend to be the main Richardson in my head (not that she did a very good job) But now Stephanie has been given away (finally, Serafina murmurs softly under her breath) I think she should be back in full swing now! Very Happy]]

Smiling at him as he spoke, she had already categorised him in that moment; it was usually easy to distinguish men from toys, and the male before her was most definitely not the latter. Adrian was someone who was not afraid of stating his position nor was he unsure of what he was capable of doing, and that meant she didn't want to mess around with that. The thing with boys was they went away crying and nursing their wounds; men returned the favour.

And Serafina had no time to play on the turf of others.

Noting that the male before her also used the terms she was so familiar with in her mind, she nodded. "And what games do you play?" she inquired, lightly, but inserting just a bit of knowledge in her tone, showing she had acknowledged him as not an opponent but someone with whom she could get along with.

"It would have been remarkably interesting to see you play, too. But alas, this is not the time."

Letting out a light laugh, Serafina smiled coyly at the male. "Perhaps one day you will get that chance," she teased. "After all, we run the same circles, do we not?"

Nodding openly at the question, she very slightly raised a right shoulder in what would seem like the beginning of a shrug, but was more of a minute movement than anything. "It's going well, thank you for asking," she replied, regarding the question with inner apprehension. It was uncommon for females of the Pureblood kind to be doing what she was doing, and while the way Adrian had asked the question showed no signs of judgement, Serafina had to be extra careful how she answered. "The Auror course is difficult, but rewarding. I'm enjoying myself thoroughly," she continued, watching him closely for any signs of what he was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian)   Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 4:20 pm

"Me? I try not to play." Adrian replied honestly. "I'm sure that will come as a let down given the conversation. But, I've never been very good at following them through, so I moved away from the game playing. Spectating a game is rather amusing, though." Adrian explained, already feeling as if he knew Serafina enough to know this was not going to be a satisfactory answer. But, he was not here for her to like fully, if she didn't like him enough, that worked out well for the both of them.

"One day." Adrian mused, nodding at her question. "I am hoping to slip in to the English circles more, I am transferring from the Spanish Ministry to the English one. One of our greatest criminals seems to be operating here, so I might finally be able to track him down." The Spaniard explained honestly. "Perhaps, if I am so lucky, the next time you hear of such an event, you will prompt me to joining you, so that I can work on making the contacts I need?"

Listening to Serafina's information on her course, Adrian nodded along in the right moments to show he was listening. The news of her being on the Auror course interested him in that moment, a slight raise of the eyebrow indicating as much, though it was a minute movement, easily missed by people who did not know him well enough, or watched closely.

"I remember the course well. It is a good course, for sure. Difficult, yes, but as you say, very rewarding." Adrian echoed, pausing for a moment, before asking the question on the tip of his tongue. "If I may, why the Auror course? Above all others that would have been on offer? The aptitude test, kind of answer. 'Why did you want to become an Auror'?" Adrian asked, mimicking the head of the law enforcement that conducted the interview when he signed up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian)   Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Spirits Of Sorts (Adrian)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2