Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Connections (Stephanie & Elenore)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) Empty
PostSubject: Connections (Stephanie & Elenore)   Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Elenore had just finished her homework. Truth be told, she rarely had homework because she had made a start on it in class. Most teachers were predictable 'please write an essay on what we studied this lesson' or 'an essay to include the uses of'. Elenore guessed and got on, and in the unfortunate circumstances that she guessed wrong, Elenore simply kept the work as extra notes.

In all of her subjects, Elenore was achieving an Outstanding, but she knew most of this was because the professors were setting their standards way too low.

But, her work was not finished, taking out a blank piece of parchment, Elenore checked her quill, dipped it in the ink and began on her homework from her parents. Well, private tutors. Calligraphy. A woman, she was told, was only as refined as her handwriting. Which, Elenore thought was the most abysmal way of displaying your refined nature. If you looked at Jacques' handwriting, you would think he was raised by a pack of wolves.

But Elenore never outwardly commented on her writing lessons. Merely proving her point again and again, that she was, and always would be, more valuable than her brother.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Connections (Stephanie & Elenore)   Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:36 pm

Stephanie had left her homework assignment for DADA to the last minute, simply because it was a boring subject she already knew, and she had not seen any point in labouring over it on the weekend instead of spending that time making friends and connections. It wasn't easy, being the youngest in a family of Purebloods, because it meant that she had not one but three older people who had been through Hogwarts before her, two of which were still in school.

That also meant she was known as either Serafina, Christopher, or Verena's 'youngest sister', a title she hated with a passion. She was Stephanie Lisa Daphne Richardson, and no less of a person.

But right now, she was Screwed with a capital 'S' if she didn't complete her essay - The Uses of the Knockback Jinx - which was due the following day. It wasn't a hard one, and Steph knew it wouldn't take her more than an hour to write if she put her mind to it. Stepping into the study area, she looked for the table with the least amount of people, turning her nose up at any and all the ones that had people she knew to be muggleborns. Half-bloods she could tolerate to an extent, but the former were just... Not worth her time.

Her eyes lit up as she caught sight of someone she knew by name. A Clement. Yes, that would do very well; that family was well known among their circles, and Stephanie could only see benefits from a friendship with one of them. A smile forming on her lips, she approached the table. "Hi!" she started. "Would you mind if I joined you?"
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: Connections (Stephanie & Elenore)   Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Elenore had started out with a response in French - her tutors expected her to write in all the languages she had been taught before. Each paragraph to flit from one to the next. The idea being that if she could write between the languages, she could easily flit between them in conversation. International balls would expect her to do such things, after all, and she would not be the one who messed up by speaking in the wrong tongue to the wrong person or confusing words that sounded similar but meant completely different things with strangers.

Reputation. Reputation. Reputation.

"Would you mind if I joined you?"

"Non, s'il vous plaît joindre à moi." Elenore responded - she had been writing in French about her lessons, and was engrossed in her work. Merde. "Sorry." The French witch added, exasperation touching her tone in that moment. "I meant that yes, you can join me. Please." Elenore amended, giving the witch a small smile that portrayed that she was sorry, but very open to the idea of sharing the company with the witch.

She had known the moment she had looked up who the witch was, and she was a valuable ally, if she could become friends with her. "It's nice to finally be able to meet you, Stephanie." Elenore said, not pretending for a second that they weren't aware of who one another was. Any Pureblood girl their age had done the lessons. And, with them being in the same year... Elenore could almost guarentee her name had been given to Stephanie to make friends with, much as Stephanie's had been given to her.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Connections (Stephanie & Elenore)   Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:10 pm

The female responded in what Stephanie knew and recognised as French, but what had been said, she did not fully understand. Sure, there had been language lessons - no Pureblood that wanted to have serious reputation only spoke one language, and it was obvious that French would be the natural thing to learn - but Stephanie had never really picked up the language quickly, and lessons were still underway.

At the very least, she understood the 'please'. Not a moment later, though, the witch had translated herself, and Stephanie flashed her another smile. "It's not a problem, and thank you" she said, setting her things down and taking a seat.

As her name passed the lips of the Clement family member, Stephanie's expression lit up even more. Finally, someone who did not call her Verena's sister. Her smile grew even wider, and she nodded once, a slow dignified nod that had been well practised. "Likewise, Elenore," she replied, also not bothering to hide the fact she knew the witch. After all, they were both Purebloods, and connections were important; she had been drilled in all the names of those currently attending Hogwarts, both in her year and older, as well as those who would be attending.

"What are you working on?" she inquired, glancing at the parchment.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: Connections (Stephanie & Elenore)   Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:22 pm

The slip was not a good first impression. But, Elenore had more in her arsenal that could redeem her for that much, she would simply have to watch herself for the rest of the conversation to make sure she made up for the mistake. She would chide herself for some time over that.

The mention of her name showed that they were in the same ballpark, and Elenore made note - to write back in her letter - that the Richardson's were a worthy connection to have. Of course, she was sure her parents had already secured some kind of connection, but connections needed reinforcing all the time from the bottom up. And Elenore was more than sure Jacques had not befriended Christopher, so it would be left up to her to do his work for him, yet again.

"Oh, I'm doing my mandatory weekly calligraphy work, for my tutors. They expect me to practice my written languages, too, you caught me in the middle of my French paragraph. Hence the slip of the tongue." Elenore explained, moving her quill away enough for the witch to see the writing she'd done so far. "I finished my essays for class, so I figured I might as well do this whilst I am here, too. What about you?" Elenore asked, motioning towards the other witch's items on the table. "Homework?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Connections (Stephanie & Elenore)   Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Stephanie nodded as Elenore explained her work. "It's not a problem. My tutors have been giving me French vocabulary on a weekly basis, but I've never had a knack for languages," she explained, leaning forward a little to see the penmanship. "Very nice," she commented, tone displaying slight envy in that moment as she made a mental note to ask her tutors to teach her how to write like that. Stephanie never liked to have others do something she herself wasn't taught, and while writing was obviously something she could do well, calligraphy like that had not been on her list of subjets.

"Yes," she answered, motioning to the empty parchment. "The Defence Against the Dark Arts essay we are to write." Her tone was casual. "It's so dull to have to write about things I already know; this subject was taught to me from before my Hogwarts days. Why should we have to suffer for those less educated?"

Her statement was accompanied by a look of tasteful disdain, conveying more than her words had said - that she looked down on people like that, and that she knew she was superior than them. If Elenore and her were to get along, Stephanie knew that there had to be an agreement on this; she would not want to associate herself with a muggleborn lover.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: Connections (Stephanie & Elenore)   Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:24 am

The information - everything was information, really, you just had to know what to do with it (something Elenore was still working on to perfect) - about not being very good with languages made Elenore tuck that away. It wasn't very... Pureblood to not have mastered one other language than the one that you spoke every day. "Languages are quite difficult." Elenore responded, playing the card of someone who wanted to sound as if she was supporting Stephanie's words.

And perhaps, she was trying to support her, but Elenore knew that she had just found an upper hand. Not to be used yet, no, but for later.

But what came next, the slight tone of envy made the French witch raise an eyebrow inwardly. Envy was something she knew, Jacques displayed that trait more often than not, and it was unbecoming of a Clement. How could he be envious of people when he had the world? Merlin only knew. But here, again, someone was showing envy in front of her. But Elenore simply smiled at the compliment from the witch, and softly replied with a thank you.

Stephanie was interesting, already.

The disdainful look on the Slytherin's features brought a small smile to Elenore's lips. She understood enough from that statement, as to whether she agreed with it wholly... well, only Elenore would know that much. "It was relatively tedious, I will agree. But it's good revision. Not to say you haven't mastered it yet, of course, but I find it's good to go over it again now, to freshen it up. But, writing essays when were already at, what, third year level in knowledge is a little frustrating.

"But, had you not have had the essay, I would imagine you would not be here now." Elenore supplied, making a silver lining from the predicament that Stephanie had made for herself. Stephanie was going to be a good connection, Elenore was sure of that, but she was going to be one of those people you had to mind your tongue around.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connections (Stephanie & Elenore)   Connections (Stephanie & Elenore) Empty

Back to top Go down

Connections (Stephanie & Elenore)
Page 1 of 1