Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) Emptyby Chester Millstone Today at 8:55 am

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) Empty
PostSubject: Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya)   Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 5:50 am

Humphrey was quickly settling back into a similar routine with his classes to that of his first year, and since he worked hard to keep on top of the homework it left him with a good amount of free time. Today he was spending it trying to sketch out a scene for his story. The young student was using pen to do the outline of it, and then colored pencils to fill the characters or objects in with color after that was complete. At the moment he was trying to put the finishing touches on the balcony around the two characters conversing on it. There was even little speech bubbles around the two people, so he could fill it in with dialogue if he got any ideas. Often, he just wrote the story and didn't bother with drawing out scenes in detail; but, for spots he wanted to get absolutely perfect he found the process helped him think. Something about it helped him relax his mind, and almost always the muse would start flowing once the picture was done. Kind of cool how the brain worked sometimes, in his opinion.

Noticing somebody else come into the common room, he smiled as he saw the older Hufflepuff from the junk shop. Waving at her cheerfully, he motioned for her to come and join him. "Hello Miss Viktorovna, you're more than welcome to join me if you'd like." he offered, hoping she would take him up on it. Their conversations about what stories certain objects would tell had been most interesting when they had bumped into each other in the junk shop. Maybe she would be able to give him ideas on his own story, or provide a female insight into how the girl in the picture might react  in the situation. Usually, he would ask Casey for a girl's opinion, but Casey wasn't exactly here to ask her about it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya)   Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 4:21 pm

Anya had spent the better part of the morning in bed, working on a poem. After a while, she finally came to the realization that there was a word beyond her bed and her quill, so she decided to see who was in the common room. She grabbed her leather bound notebook and her quill, and she made her way to the Hufflepuff common room.

Anya had grown accustomed to the Hufflepuff common room. In previous years, she had tried to spend most of her time in places such as the library, drowning out the rest of the students at Hogwarts. This year she decided that she would try and be more social. She had made some friends, especially from her own house, so she knew that this would not be as hard as she had originally thought.

As she walked through the common room, she noticed a familiar voice approaching her ears with his words. When she turned towards the sound, she recognized the young Humphrey Williams from their meeting at the Junk Shop. They had shard stories about different objects in the shop. She remembered being quite surprised by his creativity.

"Hello Humphrey," She smiled, making her way over to the boy. He seemed to be working on something, perhaps a story.
"What are you working on?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya)   Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) EmptyThu May 05, 2016 3:59 pm

As Humphrey saw the older girl smile back, he returned it with his own, glad that she was coming over. Perhaps she'd be able to help him get an idea for the direction this conversation between his two characters could go. After all, she had liked telling stories about objects in the shop. Maybe it wasn't too much of a stretch to think she'd be good at writing them as well, he didn't think it was. When she came over he saw her looking at what he was working on, and blushed a little when she asked about it. It wasn't often he explained to people about his story and that he would kind of like to be an author, but Anya was really nice and he felt he could trust her with the information.

Thinking about it for a moment, Humphrey reached out and handed her the picture carefully. "Well, I've been working on a story, and this one scene has been giving me problems with how I want this conversation to go. Sometimes I've found that drawing the situation helps me think it through. Basically, she is trying to talk to him after the first time he's forced to kill an enemy in a war. He needs to learn a way to cope with it, and Persephone, who goes by Sephy, is trying to help him with that. Kendrick's kind of a noble idiot a lot of the time though, so it's hard." he explained, trying to keep it as concise as possible. Looking at her a little hopefully, he motioned to the other chair. "You wouldn't happen to have any ideas would you?"

Telling anybody about his story wasn't something he ever did. Even when at home he went to great lengths to make sure Casey didn't manage a way to get it. However, when he remembered what they had talked about at the junk shop, he thought that if anybody would understand Anastasiya might. At the very least, she would be able to provide a good female perspective on the situation and maybe give him some input. Because, if there was one thing Humphrey had learned since starting Hogwarts, it was that he really didn't understand girls all that well.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya)   Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) EmptyThu May 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Anya listened closely as Humphrey explained the story he'd been working on. The boy's ideas for the story were so intriguing to her. She had never been very good at writing long prose. She often found herself lost within the story she was writing, constantly changing the plot. Poetry was an easier way for her to translate her feelings onto paper, though sometimes that made no sense either.

'How creative,' she thought when Humphrey explained how he drew out certain scenes so that he could figure out how they should go. She had never seen any plot-helpers like this before.

Hearing what the scene was about, Anya thought back to when her mother left. Her father had been a mess and it had been nearly impossible to get through to him. He hadn't killed anyone, but he may as well have. The man had walked around the house muttering nonsense such as "it was all my fault." Soon after, he abandoned thought altogether and he drowned himself in his work.
Being alone so often made Anya run through different situations in her head. She had spent countless days thinking about what she should have said to the man to ease his guilt. She figured that perhaps telling some of these ideas to the Hufflepuff would help him with his story.

"She should try to convince him that it wasn't his fault," she said softly. He killed someone, but it was because they were at war, not because he wanted to, right? With war, it is certain that people will kill and others will be killed. He needs to know that. I think that Sephy needs to understand that he won't be back to normal anytime soon, maybe ever. She needs to focus on getting through to him, not trying to make him into who he used to be. Loss changes people." she then laughed nervously, lifting a lock of hair and twisting it around her finger. "I don't know if any of that makes sense."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya)   Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) EmptyFri May 06, 2016 3:26 am

Even though Anastasiya was quiet at first, Humphrey could tell she was taking in the information and mulling it over from the look in her eyes. While she was thinking about it he tried to get into the minds of his characters again, looking at the visual he'd made to help get into it. Despite the fact he was struggling to find the words for the dialogue he was still able to get a sense of the anger, hurt, and confusion his main character was probably feeling. More than anything, it was probably anger at himself for taking another life. The young man could try to justify it all he wanted, but he couldn't change the fact that he had ended another human. He could tell himself it was necessary, or even right to do so; however, it wasn't going to stop his conscience from eating him up inside.

Anya's voice broke his silent contemplation of the matter, causing Humphrey to refocus on what she was saying. As she continued explaining, he began to nod as he thought about it more. He wouldn't be able to convince himself it wasn't his fault, because he would always bear the responsibility for his actions. But, what she was saying about Sephy maybe letting him know that it's okay to be different from who he was before, that had a lot of potential. Also, that he could start to accept the fact that if he was going to continue in this war he would have to kill more, and that it was okay. Sometimes saving innocent lives, meant ending the lives of wicked ones. When she said at the end she wasn't if that made any sense he reached out and patted hr shoulder. "No, I think it makes perfect sense. There's a lot of ideas you gave me that I can work with. Thank you." he said sincerely, giving her his warmest smile.

Humphrey had definitely been right about Anya being the person to go to for this sort of thing. It wasn't just anybody he could put themselves in a situation and think it through, but she had the talent. Part of him wondered if maybe she'd done some writing of her own, and he looked at her curiously. "Hey Anya, do you like to write too? You're pretty good at it." he pointed out after he asked the question, waiting expectantly for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya)   Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Anya waited patiently for the boy to respond to her advice. She hoped that she had helped him at least a little bit. She often found herself stumped when it came to translating thought to paper, though dealing with human emotions seemed to make the work a bit easier. She was filled with relief when Humphrey told her that what she said had made sense.

"I am glad I could help," she told him. When he asked her if she was a writer as well, she shook her head slightly to the left and to the right, her brown hair sweeping along her shoulders.
"Not particularly," she responded. "I mean, not stories and stuff like that. I often write poetry, though," she opened the small leather notebook which she held in her hand.

On the first page was a rather small poem that she had written one day at a jewelry store. She remembered standing at the display window of a high end sop, staring through the glass at a multicoloured, silver necklace. She remembered wondering what kinds of emotions the piece of jewelry held.

Ruby cheeks
Opal eyes
Diamond truths
And Onyx lies

Amethyst standards
Emerald replies
Peridot snickers
And Sapphire cries

Tourmaline relations
Tanzanite skies
Garnet negativity
And a silver demise

"It makes very little sense," she laughed, handing him the page. It did make little sense, but Anya enjoyed the way it sounded and rolled off of one's tongue.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya)   Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Humphrey smiled when she told him she was glad she could help. "Excellent, because I'll probably be coming to you for tips from now on." he informed her, hoping she wouldn't mind too much. There weren't that many people interested in writing that he knew, and he got along with Anya pretty well. When she shook her head and proceeded to tell him she wrote poetry he chuckled a little. "Poets are writers too, just a different kind." he said, and looked curiously at the notebook she was opening.

Taking the page she handed him, Humphrey read the poem twice as he thought about it. It was an interesting idea, but he didn't know what each of the gems were so some of the impact was lost on him. "It's kind of cool. I just don't know what all of the gems are so that makes it a little tougher to get." he admitted, carefully handing it back to her. Next time he went to the library he would definitely be looking up the different kinds of gems he wasn't familiar with. "Thanks for sharing, Anya."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya)   Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ways To Communicate (Anastasiya)
Page 1 of 1