Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) Empty
PostSubject: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:48 pm

There had been a mountain of ups and downs with Lux Bailey, but Kamren and Clarinda had focused on the positives. Lux was simply a girl who needed their help, and as they had told Lux when they picked her up, they were not going to run off. The skunk prank, the destruction of property, all of it was in the past, forgotten and only a point of amusement for the couple now after a bad day.

The end of summer marked the point in time which Kamren and Lux had made their agreement. So, that morning, he sat at the breakfast bar, waiting for Lux to come down - she'd been out late, again, so he doubted it would be soon.

Then, he would be able to go through the motions of the deal. If Lux wished to stay, he would be more than happy to allow her to, as Clarinda and his daughter. If she didn't wish to stay, then Kamren would take her back to the orphanage, as she wanted. Of course, he hoped the latter would not be the option Lux chose, he believed they had built a strong relationship by now, what with the show of good behaviour at the ball.

Kamren had come to love the witch, even if many would consider her a pain in the ass, but the terms of staying would need to be set out. For Kamren was sure that if Lux wanted to stay, terms would come with that too.

Sipping on his coffee, Kamren glanced at the television as it ran through the days news of the Muggle world.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) EmptySun May 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Lux stood across the street from the orphanage, staring at the lonely building with it's peeling paint, barely surviving greenery and rusting metal. She'd taken a slow walk around the building a couple of minutes ago, she didn't need to hide her presence there, knowing that all the kids and supervisors were probably still fast asleep this early in the morning. There was no mistaking that things were being done to spruce the place up though; she'd spotted new paint coating part of the building, less trash littering the lawn, and a better plumbing system since her nose wasn't assaulted with the smell of pee a poo. Camera probably had a hand in this.

Now, leaning against the wall of a convenience store with the front of the orphanage in her view, Lux took in the sight of what had been her home for about six years of her life. It was the end of summer and Lux had not forgotten the deal she'd made with Camera. He would no doubt want to speak with her about it but for once in her life, Lux wasn't sure what her decision would be, hence the visit to the orphanage.

She'd needed some time to herself to think about the summer she'd spent with The Couple and she'd hoped seeing the place she ruled over would put things in perspective. And in a way, it did. Life with The Couple had been unexpected for Lux and it brought back painful memories that made the decision harder. But they'd gained her respect for their perseverance and immunity to her pranks and respect was something Lux did not give out easily.

She could leave them and go back to the orphanage but the sight of the building reminded her of how lonely she'd been. It didn't matter that she could control everyone in there and they did exactly as she said. It wasn't a place she belonged. It wasn't warm, and she didn't mean temperature wise, neither was it a refuge where she knew she would be safe. Most of all, she wasn't happy there. Sure she thrived on her ability to survive and be independent but she wasn't happy, something she felt in The Couple's home.

With a quiet sigh, she made her way back to the house, weaving though the familiar streets and alleys. As expected, Camera was already awake. Lux didn’t bother greeting him and instead poured herself a cup of coffee and grabbed an apple before sitting herself down at one of the seats at the bar. Not right next to him, of course, but about two seats away.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) EmptyMon May 23, 2016 7:50 pm

As Lux came in, Kamren didn't offer a greeting. He knew her enough by now to know small talk like that would be wasted. Instead, the Minister waited, allowing her time to get herself a drink, and take a seat. He paid little mind to the fact she didn't sit close to him, any closer would have had Kamren raising an eyebrow at her, but not today.

After the headline that was currently airing finished - something about a bar brawl which was not uncommon in Ireland - Kamren pressed the TV remote and switched the TV off, turning his attention to the young witch beside him.

"How was your walk?" Kamren asked, sparking conversation that morning. Clarinda and he had agreed that whilst they would not stop the security detail from following their daughter, they would at least allow her the privacy of her own space. The security detail now only reported Lux's whereabouts to them if she was in danger, or if it was something that would look untoward on their family. Whilst this was something Lux liked to enjoy, Kamren had specified that he only needed to know on the occasions where things got out of hand, and they should step in.

"The holidays are nearly up, Lux. I trust you understand that this means we need something of a serious talk?" Kamren continued, his tone not patronising, but simply showing he expected seriousness in the conversation. "Clarinda and I do not wish for you to leave our home, and I hope you know that not only by our words, but our actions too. But, of course, the decision of where you live from now on is in your hands."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) EmptyTue May 24, 2016 3:46 pm

Lux took a bite of her apple, enjoying the crunch and imagining how it would be like if the fruit was actually alive and feeling the pain of being chewed up. A corner of her lip turned up the slightest bit a the thought but she turned her attention to the news on the television. It was something boring and didn't warrant her attention. But then sight of a familiar bar flashed across the screen, showing the fight going on in there. It made her nearly want to spit the coffee out of her mouth in surprise and shock but she swallowed it down and felt the hot liquid burn her throat.

She knew that bar and the people getting beat up. They were part of her gang, the only people that came close to family, who accepted her as she was and always had her back. Sure, gang fights broke out all the time but her gang did not simply get themselves into trouble. Something was going on and she needed to be there.

Then he spoke.

Lux gritted her teeth at the annoyance. "Fine," she bit out icily as her mind raced with how she could get to the bar. He surely would not allow her to jump into the middle of a fight and there was no way she could escape the security she suspected he kept on her. But he didn't stop there. Lux rolled her eyes mentally. It was one of the inconveniences of having parents.

Her ire increased even more at his next words. She was not a dimwit and did not need the reminder. But she paused as what he said registered in her mind and an idea formed. Perhaps this was an opportunity she could take. Torn between going to the bar and staying, she was silent for a while before deciding that this would prove more useful to her.

"You should know by now that I do not care what you or that woman wish for. It is none of my concern and will not affect any decision I make," she began, pausing a little while to collect her thoughts. She would never to her dying breath admit that she actually was beginning to feel comfortable in this home and way of life.

"Perhaps my decision will be swayed in your favour if you can fulfill a request," she continued, looking straight at him to make sure he knew she was entirely serious. It was more polite than she had ever been and Lux hoped it would add weight to her words. "I want, with your resources and position, to find the identity of my birth parents and the reason they abandoned me."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) EmptySat May 28, 2016 8:05 pm

Kamren simply smiled at Lux's words of not caring what he and Clarinda wanted. Perhaps she wanted to believe that, Kamren would let her believe that, but if Lux's response to the question of what she wanted moved towards wanting to stay, he would know that she did in fact care for them. In a way only Lux could care for people, but it would be something, and the Minister of Magic would take that, no matter how small it was.

However, the next bit was not something Kamren had been ready for - normally in a negotiation Kamren had gone through every possibility with his advisers, and he'd planned his response to each one carefully. But the request that Lux had just made was one that Kamren had not been ready for, and shock touched his features completely in that moment as he looked at the witch before him.

"That is quite the request." Kamren responded in the first instance, thinking it over for a moment before speaking again. "I recognise that this is something you want to do, and I understand why you want to do this. You're not stupid, I know that, but I want to point something out. The answer we find in looking them up might not be one you want to hear, Lux. They could be... they could have died." Kamren posed one possible idea for them not being around.

"Or, they may not want you still to this day. Or, they could even want you back. A mix of emotions could come from this situation. I want to help you, of course I do, but I want you to know what you're getting yourself in to by doing this. And, if you're still sure that this is what you want - I'll give you time to think about it and make certain you wish to know - then yes, you have my promise that we will find your biological parents."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 6:18 am

When she was younger and more prone to being naive, Lux would wonder about her parents and dream up noble reasons why they would leave her to survive life on her own. Perhaps they were secret agents trying to protect their daughter, or perhaps they were royalty and some power hungry douche bag was out for their blood and to save her life, they gave her up. The list went on and on, each one more outrageously impossible than the other.

Then she grew up.

By the time she was three years old and put in four different foster homes, she realised the harsh realities of life. Gone were the childish fantasies and in its place, the seed of fierce independence was planted. With care, it flourished and bloomed, its roots sinking deep into her soul, an anchor necessary for survival.

But through the years, thoughts of her birth parents never left her mind. How could they when they constituted a big chunk of her identity and history? Lux had no clue of her true ancestry. Even her name was given to her by the orphanage. Sure, she'd forged her own identity but it wasn't quite the same as knowing where you came from or what you are.

She knew that digging into her past would be as pleasant as opening and eating a can of worms but Lux had never backed down from something just because it had the risk of being nasty. If she had any chance of moving forward with The Couple, she needed to lay to rest the things that plagued her soul, dispel the ghosts and slay the dragon once and for all. It wasn't going to be easy, no doubt about that, but the necessary things in life often weren't easy.

"Whether they are dead or alive doesn't matter to me," Lux replied calmly though she was bristling internally. Did he not think her capable enough to have thought through every possibility? She'd done that and more. "I just want to know who they are. It's not nice, you know, to have no clue whatsoever of your history. It's like constant amnesia with no cure, a hole that is filled so naturally by other people and taken for granted when yours remains blank and empty."

She took a deep breath to calm herself down. "You do not need to worry about my emotions. I've been through worse and survived. This will be a walk in the park," Lux responded with a wry smile. "I'm not daft or dense. I know what I'm asking and the possible outcomes of such a request. I've already taken the time to think through it, so additional time is not necessary and will only be wasted."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Kamren was quiet as Lux responded to his words. He did not think that his daughter was stupid by any stretch of the imagination, but in youth came naivety and the fact that, sometimes, you couldn't view the whole situation. However, Lux was adamant that she knew what she was getting herself in to, and thus Kamren would not allow her to be stopped.

"I never assumed it would be nice." Kamren responded to the question, giving a small nod to show his assent to the request after a moment. "I will look in to this for you, try to find your biological parents. But I cannot make any promises that you will find what you want in them." The Minister agreed verbally, lifting his coffee mug to his lips and taking a large enough mouthful of the liquid before swallowing.

"You must know, though, that your staying here will not be a bargaining tool for anything else. If you need something else, monetary or otherwise, you will help Clarinda and I with whatever we need help with at the time. Or, else wise earn the means to gain whatever it is you may want. You're not a servant, no, but I will not be bargaining with you." Kamren finished, getting up from the stool and moving around to put his cup in the sink.

"Now, I've a few errands to run in the office. Clarinda is in her study reading up on the notes she made from the Disease. I trust you have enough to keep you entertained for a short while?" He asked, giving his daughter a small smile that he hoped conveyed that he did care that she had enough to be doing for the rest of the day. That he didn't wish to leave her with nothing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 9:04 am

When he actually agreed to help her, Lux could not hide the slight widening of her eyes in surprise. She hadn't expected him to acquiesce this fast and had expected to be arguing about this for some time. Perhaps...then she narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "You're not just saying you'll look into it just so I'll stop asking. You'll actually do it?" she questioned, her gaze never leaving his.

She had to know. So many times, she'd been promised something just so people could shut her up, and though The Couple had kept their word so far, she could not trust them quite yet. "Because if you don't, I guarantee hell-fire to rain down on you," she added. Sure, it would be challenging to get her revenge on the Minister of Magic but she was creative and well versed in the ways of torture. It was the little things, after all, that could annoy and get to someone.

At his next words, Lux pursed her lips in anger. Her plan had backfired. She had to keep in mind that now she was up against a person with brains and power. It was a battle of wills but Lux was determined not to let them break her. She would stay with them, keep her independence and will intact, and leave once she was legally able to. "Just find them," she ground out, not acknowledging his previous words.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not four, you old man! I've looked after myself for seventeen years. One day without you or Clarinda's attention won't make a smidgen of difference," she replied. "I'll just go kill some kittens, maybe break into a bank, steal a million dollars, and land up in jail. That would definitely keep me entertained." She was, of course, completely joking but just because she was with new parents didn't mean she had to accept their parenting.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:37 am

"I'm being deadly serious, Lux." Kamren replied to the question of his intentions. He was not the kind of man who made empty promises, no matter who he might be talking to. He held her gaze, not hiding anything. He was serious. "I am going to the office now, I will pull the resources in to place immediately. We will find them." He assured her. One way or another, Kamren would make sure that he got what his daughter needed.

The threat of hell breaking loose in the house simply made Kamren smile to himself. Not because he didn't believe that Lux wouldn't do it, but because she should have known by now that acting up in this household did not get the reaction she wanted. Ever. Yes, it was inconvenient, but neither Clarinda nor Kamren reacted to her actions because they couldn't afford to let the witch think she had that power over them. Not that she did, anyway.

The final part, as Kamren pulled his suit jacket on, made the Minister let out a soft chuckle. "Well, you have fun with that, sweetheart. I'll listen to the heroics later." Kamren replied. Joking or not, the security would interject if Lux tried anything too stupid. "I'll get the team on your request as soon as I get in." Kamren added, making sure Lux was fully aware he meant to keep it as he took the Floo powder from the chimney top. "The Ministry of Magic." He called out, throwing the powder at his feet, and disappearing not a moment later.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 5:02 am

She nodded at his words. There wasn't much else to say or do but wait to see if he would come through with his promise. Although she'd sounded sure about this request, Lux couldn't help but feel the anxiousness rise up as she thought about seeing her birth parents. She had a million questions to ask them but there was also a million ways this could turn out and Lux wasn't quite sure what she wanted the outcome to be. One part of her wanted to have a happy ending, and another part of her wanted to prove her initial thought right - that her parents had abandoned her.

And she had to decide: would she leave The Couple if her parents wanted her back? Or would she stay with them? And if her parents did not want her, what would she do then? For a second, Lux second guessed her decision to ask Kamren to find them. The next moment, she quashed the feeling down. No, she wasn't one to give up and take her words back. She would see this through no matter what happened. She'd already been through hell and came out alive. This would be a walk in the park. Hopefully.

His words jerked her out of her thoughts. "I'm not your sweetheart!" she yelled at him, right before he tossed the Floo powder into the flame. "Don't ever call me that again!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)   The Adoption (Lux & Kamren) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Adoption (Lux & Kamren)
Page 1 of 1