Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Back in England { Open } - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Back in England { Open } - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Back in England { Open } - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Back in England { Open } - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Back in England { Open } - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Back in England { Open }

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Back in England { Open } - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Pandora looked over Nero and she had to nod her head at his dress; just like he stated he was wearing something casual smart. It made Pandora smile as it meant that she wasn't dressed too casually herself. Setting her drink down on the table, she smiled softly at the older male.

"Call me Pandora then please." She stated and sat down, crossing her legs at the ankles and sipping on her drink as she looked at him over the rim of her glass, her smile turning into a slightly softer one as she listened to the man question her about her dress. The stain had gotten off and she had managed to salvage her dress so there was nothing wrong.

"My dress is fine." She informed the man as she leaned back in her chair, her head tilted to the side as she listened to his words. "There's no need to worry about it. Even if it had been ruined I wouldn't have said anything." She wasn't a woman that wanted money; she had her own after all and quite a lot of it too. There was no need for any more just because someone wanted to repay her for ruining her dress. "Thank you. You look quite good yourself Nero."

"How has your day been if you don't mind me asking?" She questioned him, not above making small talk while she tried to figure out just what exactly he wanted from her; she was quite sure it wasn't just company for drinks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 7:53 pm

"Pandora," Nero settled the agreement, a smile playing on his lips as he lifted his glass to his mouth and sipped at the straight liquor. He definitely liked the way it sounded rolling off of his tongue, but Nero decided, once again, to save that card until later. Just in case he needed it.

The information on the dress being okay was trivial. A conversation at best, but Nero nodded along with the answer he'd been given, dropping in a soft 'good' in a couple of places to show that he had meant his words. Of course, like most things in life, clothes could be replaced, but he didn't want to upset the woman before him. Women, Nero had learned over the years, lost their tempers over the most trivial things, at times.

"My day?" Nero asked, cocking an eyebrow slightly at the question, but playing it off a moment later as he gave the question thought. "Well, I set off the production team for our second batch of one of my newer inventions. We're hoping to test it in one of the preseason Quidditch matches, but I'm still waiting on confirmation on the prospective team in regards to trialing it for me." Nero offered in way of an answer, waving it off casually a moment later as if these ties with Quidditch teams were normal.

"Then I had a few meetings with new potential customers for my products, with way too many compliments, and kiss-ass comments coming my way. Safe to say, I was very glad to get out of the highly fused testosterone battle that comes from the play for my business." Nero added, letting out a soft laugh. "When they will finally send women my way to do the business, rather than sending me old fat, sweaty men will be the day I've gone to heaven, I'm sure."

Nero shook his head at the thought, before motioning across the table to Pandora. "I feel rather rude, you know what I do, but I never asked the same of you. A Healer, perhaps?" Nero asked, trying to place the woman before him. Or... rather, simply imagining her in the uniform of the St Mungo's Healers. Shame was something Nero did not know, that much was certain.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Pandora smiled softly at Nero, sipping on her own drink. The small talk let Pandora bring her own conclusions to what Nero wanted from her and she had a feeling that she already had a bit of an idea; however she wasn't going to make this easy for him. She wasn't an easy woman to woo and Nero would have to work to get her anywhere close to him much less anywhere close to his bed.

"Must be hard, being the owner." The woman stated softly as she listened to him complain about his day pretty much; not that she could blame him. She would probably be the same if she was in his place, leading such a big company and having to deal with idiots all day long. Not that she would actually say that the people he dealt with where idiots.

"Ancient Runes Mistress Actually." Pandora stated with a smirk on her lips. "And hoping to get into Curse Breaking or Warding at Gringotts." She would've tried the Ministry but they were stingy bastards and Pandora didn't really like them that much.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 8:00 pm

"There are many perks of the job that make it bearable." Nero replied coyly to the comment on his job being hard. Truth be told, he loved his job. He loved the awe that was found on people's faces when he released his new products, the wonder on children's faces when he made toys that could do inexplicable tricks. No, there was nothing more satisfying than his job, today had simply been a 'bad day' at the office.

When Nero had chosen wrongly on Pandora's job (well, perhaps he'd been slightly hopeful) he couldn't help looking rather impressed. Whilst Healing was a good, respectable job, there was no denying that women in the Curse Breaking line of work were a rarity. Like her name, Pandora was quite an unusual woman in that respect.

"I've heard, though, don't quote me to this, that freelancing as a Curse Breaker pays much better than both the Ministry and Gringotts - it might be worth the consideration, unless, of course, you want to tell me you're not interested in the money side of the job." Nero offered, before racking his brains. "I have a contact in the field, if you're ever interested in pursuing that course." He added, hoping to boost his 'brownie points' with the woman opposite him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Pandora didn't know what exactly she wanted to do with her Ancient Runes Mastery. Most thought she would go into enducation and teach students at schools around the world but she didn't think she would be able to actually stand teaching thirteen to eighteen year olds; teaching Ancient Runes was certainly something she didn't think she would be able to do. Not only was Ancient Runes her passion she had seen how people acted towards Ancient Runes, to them it was just a stupid subject and more often then not people had dropped out after the first few lessons.

Sighing softly the brunette, placed her chin in her hand and watched Nero through lowered lashes, sipping on the rest of her drink before putting the glass down. "It does pay better. My Master from France who took me on as an apprentice as soon as I finished Hogwarts, is a freelance Curse Breaker. It certainly does pay better and it also allows you more access to treasures from tombs and pyramids that you find." Mistress Belladonna was a fierce Curse Breaker who had been in her profession for more then thirty years and had accumulated quite the wealth with her work. Her entire house was covered in treasures from ancient tombs all over the world. "..I'll think about it." She stated with a small smirk upon her lips.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 7:38 pm

The comments on having a teacher - or close enough - before made Nero wonder why Pandora had not accumulated some contacts of her own. Perhaps business was not her strong suit, and this had not been an option she had looked in to at the time, and could possibly regret later on. Merlin only knew that much, truth be told, but it did leave the business minded Nero a little perplexed.

The assurance that she would think about it made Nero give a simple nod.

"Of course, quick decisions are not normally fruitful." Nero replied, lifting his drink once more, sipping and placing it back down.

"So, M- Pandora, you're a curse breaker by trade, but what... do you do for fun?" Nero asked, not slighting the witch with the meaning of thinking Curse Breaking boring, simply asking as to what she did outside of work. Perhaps not the most bold of questions, but the drinks had not been flowing quite yet. Motioning to the bar man, Nero pointed to the two of their glasses, and soon they were being refilled. Alcohol, after all, made the night much, much more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Pandora had been, at first, sure she would be able to get connections through her Master but Mistress Belladonna had told her no straight away.
"You have to form your own connections Pandora." The kind woman said as she sat down opposite Pandora with a cup of tea in hand. "I can help you but that would be just like giving you charity and I don't think you would want that. You won't be appreciated for your own strengths."
It stung but Pandora understood Belladonna's words; having connections and being appreciated for her work were completely different things. She was going to get her own connections and not through Mistress Belladonna.

"No, they aren't." She agreed with a snort, rolling her eyes just a tiny bit as she tapped her fingers against the table. "You tend to make mistakes when you make quick decisions." She hummed softly, sipping on her own drink.

"For fun?" She grinned, crossing her legs under the table as she leaned back in her chair. "Dance, drink, go abseiling, swimming..." She nodded her head in thanks to the barman for refilling her glass though she made a mental note to not drink too much that day. "And how about yourself Nero?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Dance.

Boring.

Drink.

More to Nero's taste.

Abseiling.

Nero might be an inventor, but he was not the type to be the adventurer, and so, once again, he wasn't overly impressed with the answer that Pandora had given.

Swimming.

This, the inventor could not pass up the invitation of envisaging the witch before him doing just that. Naturally, Nero's imagination had probably gone a step too far with the idea of what Pandora may actually wear in comparison to what he would want to see her wearing, but he was only a man.

"Very interesting. The sporting type, it would seem." Nero commented with a small smile. It would likely be hard for the witch to judge if this comment of Nero's was a good thing or not, but he was not going to clarify his view. The returned question made Nero smile ruefully - probably shouldn't ask a question you weren't happy to answer yourself.

"My hobbies... well, they include a lot of luxuries. Fine dining, posh parties, expensive alcohol from all over the world... And... well, the best hobbies are ones a man should never admit to before a woman such as yourself, I'm sure." Nero explained - of course, in not admitting out right to what he liked the most Nero had probed to find a reaction. He never offered up exclusivity in these kind of moments, so it was best to elude to such things early on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in England { Open }
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2