Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) Empty
PostSubject: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 7:57 pm

"Daddy..."

"Yes, Ivan?" Jake replied, easing his son out of the way of some busy English tourists who weren't looking down to the floor where his son was stood, looking up at the tower in front of them in awe.

"What'sat?"

"What's that." Jake corrected his son softly, picking up up to see better and pointing up at Big Ben before him. "That is Big Ben, he's a clock."

"Tick, tock, tick tock!" Ivan replied happily, making Jake grin at his son.

"Yes, indeed, tick tock." Jake replied a moment later, moving back in to the hordes of people moving around the city. Apparating in to the Ministry would, in hind sight, have been much easier for Jake to have done, but seeing as he was looking after Ivan, he'd decided to show him around. It would, therefore, take them a little longer to pick up the paperwork Jake planned to finish at home, and give Veronika a little more time to just relax.

"Mommy doesn't like tick tock?" Ivan asked, looking back to the clock in wonder.

"Daddy doesn't know. Maybe?" Jake replied, which made Ivan pull a face of uncertainty. "We can ask her when we get home!" Jake added, which settled Ivan a moment later as Jake turned the corner to the road where the entrance to the Ministry was located.

However, as he turned the corner, Jake just about managed to avoid a collision with another person, pulling Ivan out of harms way as if he were a Quaffle that needed to be protected.

"Sorry!" Jake apologised in his American accent, giving the woman a small smile. "Wasn't looking."

"Silly Daddy!" Ivan echoed, cuddling in to his father's shoulder with a soft gurgle that brought a smile to Jake's lips once more. Honestly, being a dad was one of the best things that had ever happened to Jake, and there weren't many things he hadn't done over the years.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Click-clack, click-clack...
... was what the crowd of people heard as Annabeth's new blue velvet high heels hit the asphalt as she took each step.

Her strut was like always. Her shoulders back and head high, confidently owning the streets of London.

Her loose blonde locks flowing in the breeze and her tight black dress restraining her from walking too fast, would make anyone believe that she was trying to rush in order to meet a date.

Although, in fact, she was simply dressed like this... for her. Annabeth always made sure to look her best in public in order for people to be miserable that they couldn't have her.

As she noticed everyone staring at her, Annabeth's naturally sad lips curled into an elegant smile. She also managed to wink at a few future suitors that she would probably be coming back for later.

Suddenly, just as Annabeth turned the corner, she collided with a man and his child. Her smile faded and her voice turned to into anger. Even before looking at the man, she said, "Would you pathetic American watch--" Just then, her icy blue eyes narrowed as  looked at the man. Annabeth remebered that he was a professor at Hogwarts! She shook her head and quickly apologized, "I'm so sorry.. I didn't realize that it was you." She managed to let out an embarrassed laugh.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 8:34 pm

Jake's lips twitched in to a small smile at the words that tumbled from the woman's lips a moment later. "I must admit..." Jake mused, thinking it through a moment longer. "That I have never heard such words be directed at me." He insisted, thinking over the term once more before giving in to a small laugh.

"Don't worry, no harm done." Jake insisted a moment later, shifting Ivan up a little as he was slipping. Ivan's eyes were set on the witch before them, though, taking her in cautiously the way all new babies do. Ivan, however, was not a shy baby - probably thanks to the fact Victoria (Jake's younger sister) paraded him around all the time.

"Pwetty lady!" Ivan said happily after a moment, cutely becoming embarrassed and hiding his face in Jake's neck. After only a moment he sat back up to look at Jake. "Like Mommy?"

Jake managed a small smile at his son, then a slightly apologetic look back at the witch before him. "This is my son, Ivan. Who definitely needs a lesson in tact." Jake joked softly. It wasn't that Jake couldn't see that Annabeth was pretty, because she was, but she wasn't Veronika. "What brings you to London today?" Jake asked, especially given Annabeth's attire that was quite showy for normal day time wear.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Annabeth's cheeks began to turn pink by pure humiliation after Jake spoke. "I don't usually call people that.." This was a lie. She has an ability for scolding people. In fact, it's almost a talent. "... I guess i'm just having a bad day." That was the best excuse she could have came up with. She may be a pro at reprimanding but Annabeth barely knows how to apologize.  

As the small child complimented Annabeth, her now falsely gentle blue eyes, shifted to Ivan, giving him a poorly-hidden fake smile, "Cute." She said, pursing her lips together. Annabeth has always had a hatred for babies. Maybe it was because they were annoying, always crying for practically no reason.

After Jake introduced her to the baby, she smirked and crouched a little to have Ivan at her eyes level, "Well hello, I'm Ms. Ambrose." She said in the nicest voice that could be pulled out of her. She then, straightened herself once again as Jake asked her a question she didn't exactly know the answer to, "I'm just out for a stroll." She said casually looking at him from his shoes to his face. After analyzing him, she realized that he was an attractive man. Her voice now dropped into a seductive tone, "How about you?" She was probably aware that he was married but knowing Annabeth, that didn't bother her.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Jake waved away the excuses for the words Annabeth had spoke. A simple misunderstanding, that was all it had been. Besides which, Jake had Ivan and he wasn't about to go getting angry in front of his son, it wasn't fair on the small child. "Honestly, don't worry over it." Jake assured the witch, his smile showing he genuinely didn't mind.

The Daily Prophet had called him much worse when he'd been a Professional Quidditch player, he was sure.

"He does his best to be cute, that much is certain! Don't you, little man?" Jake cooed softly to Ivan who simply smiled up at his father and then across at Annabeth in turn. He was nothing short of cheeky, that much was true of Ivan.

Ivan continued to grin at Annabeth as she introduced herself to him, giggling a little, but not replying. He was too young to know social norms just yet, but he would get there eventually.

"Me? Oh, I'm just dropping in to the Ministry to pick up some paperwork. Letting Veronika get a little down time." Jake explained - the whole school knew about his relationship with the Dueling and Transfiguration professor at Hogwarts, anyone who didn't know had likely been hiding under a rock.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 8:59 pm

Her eyes shifted to the child once more, trying her best to hide the true disgust she felt deep down. "Why would anyone want to be trapped in awful parenthood? Those little brats are never thankful anyways." She took a deep breath as Jake answered her question.

Annabeth's eyebrows quickly rose as she heard the name "Veronika". As a professor, she didn't pay much attention to the lives of the other staff members because frankly, she didn't care. But, Annabeth remembered people talking about how Veronika and Jake were married. She didn't actually realize that it would last.

Therefore, her seductive smile disappeared into her now, unpleasant expression, "Oh, Veronika? You two are still together?" Her teeth were almost clenched as she said this. She paused to let out an amused laugh."How's she doing?" Annabeth tried to disguise her unhappy emotions but anyone would have been able to see through it.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 7:00 am

At the sound of his mum's name, Ivan looked confused for a moment before questioningly looking at Jake. "Mommy?" Ivan asked and Jake nodded in response. Ivan took to looking around for her, convinced that she must be around if Jake was talking about her.

"Yes, we're still together," Jake replied happily to Annabeth's question. "The first eight months of marriage have gone really well!" Jake added. It was no secret that Ivan had been born before Veronika and he had been married. Their engagement (though already in the pipeline) had been brought forward because of the news that Ivan was on the way.

Jake was too concentrated on the thought of his wife to notice the change of mood in Annabeth, though.

"Veronika is doing great. She's just short of eight months pregnant now, so she'll likely miss the first few weeks of school." Jake explained, a pang of worry flooding through his system. It would soon be time to worrying over whether there were going to be any complications this time around...

Shaking the thought from his head, Jake turned the conversation around. "What about you? Is there someone in your life?" Jake asked politely, because he honestly wasn't so sure that he knew much about Annabeth.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 3:58 pm

Her eyes, now filled with distaste, focused on his "Eight months? That's almost laughable. I don't see it lasting for much longer..." Annabeth didn't believe in the sanctity of marriage. In fact, she thought that when two people did get married, they would have bad luck for the rest of their lives. Therefore, when (and if) she met someone that would put up with her rotten personality, she planned on never getting married.  

Annabeth phased out and looked to the cement sidewalk when Jake was talking about his wife. She didn't want invaluable information to be stuck in her head. After Jake finished, she simply nodded with a small half-smile. Then, she brought herself to say, "That's nice." just like most people say when they are unsure how to answer.

But, as soon as he asked her the old relationship question, that she's been avoiding forever. Her eyes shot up from the asphalt. "Well.. That's not really any of your business but if you must know... I am not seeing anyone." Her words were very pronounced and you can easily tell that she was annoyed and upset.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 am

The response from the witch about her relationship was one Jake hadn't expected. Of course, some people playfully acted at being upset given their age, but he hasn't expected what looked to be a very upset woman.

"Well..." Jake started a little awkwardly. "Being single is not a bad thing! You don't have to explain yourself to anyone! And, I can assure you partying goes out of the window when you have a little tyke!" Jake assured the witch. Now, Jake did not mind this in the slightest, he loved Veronika very much, and their son (soon to be two children) made him the happiest man on earth. But there would always be room in Jake's heart for partying too.

"I hope I didn't offend you with my question, Annabeth, I meant no harm." Jake added a moment later with a soft smile.

From here, Jake wasn't so sure where to take the conversation so he bounced Ivan up on his hip and waited to see if his colleague had anything else to talk about.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 1:13 am

As Jake answered, her icy eyes narrowed and shifted between him and Ivan. "Of course I know that being single isn't a bad thing." Annabeth said in an arrogant tone. After flipping her hair off of her shoulder, she continued, her lips pursed: "I do not party. I'm much too mature for that."

Annabeth never partied in her life but it's not because she didn't want to. No one ever invited her. She's always imagined how it would be. Bright lights, pounding music, shoving crowd, it intrigued her. Although, now that Annabeth is much too old, she doesn't intend to walk into a club.

Her weight shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other as she checked her watch. She cleared her throat and managed one last smile, "I've got to run. But it was so nice talking to you." It was strange, how her emotions could change so fast and look so realistic. But, I guess that's just Annabeth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)   London Calling (Annabeth & Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

London Calling (Annabeth & Jake)
Page 1 of 1