Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) Empty
PostSubject: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 3:58 pm

Just as Primrose and Max agreed, Prim was waiting for her friend in the common room, frowning as she sat on one of the couches and stared at the fire in the fireplace. She had never actually told someone her full story, what she could actually remember of it anyway, and it felt weird talking to someone whom she only knew a couple of months really.

Letting out a soft sigh, the brunette closed her eyes and leant back on the couch, her head thumping against the soft headrest on the couch. It would be hard, she knew, but she wanted to tell Max at least some things about her life at the Orphanage. Not all of it were nice memories but they weren't all that bad either and maybe it would help her from bottling it all up as well as she tended to do when her past and lack of parents was brought up.

Due to her eyes being closed and being so into thought she didn't notice when someone joined her on the couch.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 5:42 pm

As agreed, Max had hurried up to the Gryffindor Common Room after lessons, flown up the stairs to deposit his bag and change in to something more comfortable than his robes, before taking the stairs two at a time to get to the seating area in Gryffindor Tower. He didn't know what Prim wanted to do, but he was down to pretty much anything really. Whether it was just chilling in the common room, or heading for a walk, it didn't really matter.

Noticing Prim had taken up a seat on the sofa, Max moved to the back of it and hopped over it, landing with a soft 'oof' next to Prim. "Always wanted to do that!" Max explained with a grin. "Hey - don't tell my mum I did that if you ever see her, though. She would kill me! You know!" He mused, looking towards the fire that was gurgling away happily.

"So, what's the plan?" Max added excitedly. Adventure was fun, but he didn't know what Prim had in mind at all!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 6:00 pm

The moment Max joined her on the couch by jumping on it, the brunette let out a soft squeak in startlement as she was jostled in her own place, making her glare at her friend with a soft pout on her lips. "Don't do that!" She whined, her arms crossing over her chest before she huffed a soft laugh.

"Maybe I should send a letter to your mother. Mrs Hollingberry, I would like to inform you that your son, Max, has been seen jumping on furniture around our common room. I thought you would like to know. Sincerely, Prim Seele, Max's friend." She teased her friend with a soft giggle as she stood up from the couch and rolled her shoulders.

"How about we go for a walk? I'll talk and you listen... I'll tell you why my knee is like this." She motioned down to her knee which was wrapped in a soft beige bandage that was seen through her tights that she was wearing along with a soft cream coloured skirt and a button up shirt along with a pair of ballet flats.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Max couldn't help but chuckle as Prim jumped at his antics. He didn't do it to be mean, of course, Max was not that kind of boy, but the admonishment he'd received was more than a little amusing in that moment. "I'm sorry! It was too tempting." The Gryffindor apologised, almost sounding sincere, but his smile gave away he was not completely sorry for what he'd done.

"Noooooo, don't do that! She'd kill me! The furniture is for sitting on, Maximillian, not climbing and jumping on! BUT, it's fun!" Max insisted, though, really, he knew he shouldn't. Mostly he didn't. But he had. And he regretted nothing.

Much like a puppy (Max had a number of animal like tendencies, truth be told) the Gryffindor boy followed her in getting up from the sofa. Not quite walking to heel, but obviously close enough to show that they were going to be walking together. "A walk sounds good! But, you realise that I don't shut up? I will do my best! But if I have a question it's just going to come out. Don't think I can control it!" Max insisted as she motioned to her knee. He nodded to show he'd seen that, and he could see the bandages, his mind ticked away, questions already revolving around his head.

"So, what's the story?" Max asked, moving along with the witch, and out in to the corridor beyond the portrait of the Fat Lady. "Well, the facts, not a story, this is real..." Max amended, before hushing himself, because Prim obviously wanted to tell him, and he really didn't want to push her away.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 6:30 pm

"You don't look that sorry to me." Prim teased her friend, mock pouting at him and sulking as she crossed her arms over her chest before a soft giggle escaped her lips at his antics. "You should work on your acting skills a bit more Max for people to believe you." She leant up and poked his cheek, where a dimple from smiling was showing. "You're smiling; when you pretend to sincerely apologise don't smile."

She had learnt at a young age to lie and pretend; the matron at the orphanage always blamed her for most stuff but nothing got proven and Prim knew how to play the innocent act when it was needed and, more often than not, she needed it all the time at the orphanage.

"Hmm..." She narrowed her eyes and pretended to think on it before snorting. "Of course I won't tell your mum. Until you do something drastic probably." She had only known Max for a couple of weeks but it already felt as if she had known him for years.

"I realise you don't shut up," Prim stated dryly with amusement as she nodded her head at some passing sixth years when they walked out of the common room. "You can ask questions but... just let me say my piece first? Okay?" She looked at him, fearing that if he started asking her questions not even a part of the way into her story, she would never be able to tell him the truth.

"It's been a long time now since I've been like this... Crippled and unable to walk straight without a limp. I was seven when the accident happened." She started, not bothering to actually start from the beginning. For now, she was just going to explain her injury and if he wanted to know more then he could ask her. "I went to an amusement park with the kids at the orphanage, we had been given the entire day to do what we wanted to do. I had always been an adrenaline junkie and I loved doing extreme sports and activities, so the theme park was no difference to me. It just meant that I got more of my junkie fix than any other time, though, naturally, I couldn't go on the bigger rides, even the smaller ones gave me my adrenaline fix." She chuckled softly as she recalled her time at the theme park before the accident.

"The accident happened a few hours later, just as we were winding down we decided to get onto one of the slightly smaller rides but no less fast. We had been doing several loops when there was suddenly a loud scream and I saw a broken down carriage in front of our own. From then it had just been instinct for me; with two five-year-olds and one six years old in the carriage I tried hard to protect them and while I did manage to save them being scarred or injured, I didn't escape that, unfortunately. Our carriage crashed into the broken one at full speed and because our seats were at the front I was the one that took the brunt of the force. My knee-cap nearly shattered then and I remember my whole body just being full of bruises and scars. Next thing I remember I'm waking up in a hospital with news that I'm crippled in my left knee for life and that I may not be able to walk. As you can see I can walk but any type of stronger pressure on my knee but walking pains me."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 9:10 pm

The poke to his cheek made Max chuckle a little. "Well, I'm sorry enough that I may not do it again. But, I'm not sorry for having fun!" Max explained, though, once again, the start of the sentence was perhaps not true. But, he was sorry in the sense most kids were when they did something they shouldn't. Just enough to get out of trouble.

"I do shut up! When I'm sleeping - though mum disagrees with that! But... I'll try!" Max insisted as a few sixth years passed, Max grinned at them even though he didn't know them, before falling back in to step with Prim a few moments later.

And, to Max's credit, he managed to listen - even as his mind interjected with many and more comments, he made sure to not say them out loud. Instead he bit his lip to stop sounds from coming out, and took in the story. His eyes were quite wide at the information he was given, truthfully he didn't know how he was supposed to deal with it. But the Gryffindor boy managed it.

"That's..." Max started, trying to filter himself for a moment, but he was about to burst. "One of the most unbelievable things I've ever heard! Not... unbelievable in the sense I don't believe it. But, like... wow, I didn't think that could happen... because... well, safety measures, and stuff!" It was quite clear by the utter shock on Max's features that he had not thought this was going to be the way that Prim had damaged her knee, but he wasn't finished.

"How did you manage to move the others? That's so heroic! I can see why you're a Gryffindor, now. I mean, not that you don't fit it - it makes more sense! Why don't the Muggles have proper checks? That's just... I can't... How do you know that you'll never get fixed? Have you been to St Mungos? Surely they can do something to help you? Can't they... Muggles do knee swaps... no that's not the word... they give you a new knee - can't you do that?" Max asked, his mind trying to work out how no one could fix it.

Max wasn't sure what else to say, truth be told. It was shocking news... and he felt quite... well, his chest hurt as he looked to his friend once more. She was too nice for this to have happened. "Maybe I could write to mum. I mean... she works with animals, an animal doctor, but she might know someone who could help?" He offered, though he wasn't sure how willing his mum would be to help someone she didn't know, he might be able to persuade her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Prim gave a soft laugh at that and rolled her eyes, pretty much aware that Max would never be sorry for having fun, especially now when he was away from his mother's prying eyes and could do what he wanted to do. "I wouldn't be sorry for having fun either." She giggled as she walked next to Max, her hands behind her back and her eyes twinkling in happiness.

"Exactly, you are quiet when sleeping." The girl nodded her head seriously before she burst into more giggles; she couldn't actually imagine Max being quiet when sleeping. She should snoop around and question Max's roommates to see if he was actually a quiet sleeper or did he snore/talk in his sleep?

The brunette female had been glad for Max's silence as she explained what had happened to her knee; thankfully she didn't break down or anything and truthfully her earlier hindsight about feeling better after talking about it had been right and she did actually feel lighter. There was at least someone who knew and would certainly not make fun of her for her invalid status.

"I don't think they had been expecting it really, for a carriage to break down in the middle of the tracks where you couldn't actually stop the oncoming one." The girl never really blamed the park for her condition, though, truthfully, the park owner himself had actually paid for her hospital stay and she had only found out after three months of being there when she had been visited by the man himself who had profusely apologized to her for the accident.

"It was all a spur of the moment really." The girl replied. "I was pretty thin then so I could wiggle out of the restraint quickly enough before forcing the bar up a little bit to get the little ones out of the way. I had help in the form of other kids in getting the four, five and six-year-olds to the further carriages.." She shrugged her shoulders, not actually seeing her actions as brave but more of what a sane person would do. They had been little kids after all who didn't deserve to get injured at a ride like that.

"They do have proper checks," Prim reassured her friend. "It just happens that things break down even though they are checked every few hours every day. Unlike us, the Muggle World doesn't have things that can repair stuff at the wave of a wand. Accidents happen all the time there." She had been used to seeing accidents like that happen left, right and centre. "The Muggle Doctor's couldn't do anything because I've been underage and the Matron at my orphanage didn't want to deal with all the paperwork and money that would go into a knee replacement."

"I've been to St Mungos." She replied to his inquiry. "It's not that they can't do anything about it, it's more of the fact that they don't want to shatter my whole knee again just to regrow it. Because the bones have pretty much regrown into their place over the past couple of years the Medi-Wizard that saw me said that it could be risky to actually re-shatter my bones again and then have them freshly repaired. It would make my knee even worse."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Max listened to all the explanations, but he made no comment. It was very hard to get your head around, even when you had one of the most vibrant of imaginations. Shaking it clear as Prim spoke about how the Healers had only said they could shatter it again didn't make enough sense. There had to be a better option...

"What..." Max paused, really trying to think. Closing his eyes for a moment (which meant stopping walking), Max thought back quite hard. "What about... Well, you see, a while back - you know of Harry Potter, right? Of course you do, everyone knows Harry Potter. Anyway, Harry Potter... ugh, what had he done..." Max paused, tapping his head and opening his eyes to take in Prim once more.

"He had a Quidditch accident - I think it was this time - anyway, they had some really stupid professor that year, and the book about him says that he had the bones in his arm like... removed, his arm was all wibbly wobbly-" For emphasis, Max shook his arm as freely as possible to get this point across. "Anyway, my point is, why can't you like... make your bones go. And then grow them back? There's a potion for it... If it worked for Harry Potter, it could work for you!" Max insisted, before thinking.

"The only trouble is, I don't remember the spell." He explained. Now, whether this was helpful, Max didn't know, but he'd remembered something from a book, which was always a plus for him. Well, if he'd remembered correctly of course.

After a moment, though, Max realised he was trying very hard to fix something that wasn't his to fix, and he flushed, reaching up to rub the back of his neck. "I mean, this is all if you want... I don't know if you'd want to get rid of your limp. I mean, it's what makes you... you! I couldn't imagine you without the limp... but, you know... I meant all of what I said in a... you know, I want the best thing for you kind of manner..." He explained, looking hopefully at Prim - Merlin knew he didn't always work out what he was saying was the right thing, but Max got excited. Much too often.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 8:10 pm

"True there is that, however, there is a problem with that." Prim nodded her head to his suggestion of bones being removed. "Harry had only his forearm bone removed." She pointed the whole length to her forearm. "It stopped at his elbow where the bone for the upper arm meets the forearm bone, which is your elbow." She explained in as little medical jargon as she could.

"For me, they'd have to genuinely remove the bones from the top of my leg all the way to the bottom. The spell doesn't remove a damaged part of the bone, it removes it all." She pointed out with a bitter smile. "I would be in severe pain if they removed my whole left leg bones. It's not just the patella, the kneecap that got injured, it's the tibia as well. So they'd have to remove everything from here," She gestured to the top of her knee. "All the way to my foot and regrowing those bones will be painful and I am not that eager to feel so much pain." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Thank you for the suggestion though." The shorter of the two smiled at her friend as she patted his arm to show that she hadn't minded his suggestion. "If it had only been my shin bone or just my thigh bone I probably would've done that but because it's two different bone parts I don't want to risk it." She hummed softly. "And truthfully I got used to it that it really doesn't bother me that much unless it starts twinging in pain really."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 8:25 pm

The explanation that it was not just one bone that needed regrowing, but two made Max frown. Well, that scuppered his plans. Not that he was a doctor, of course, but he had had an idea. The pain, though, would not be nice, and he could understand why Prim wouldn't choose to have the procedure done. "I understand." Max replied when she had finished explaining why she wouldn't like it done.

"But, if you ever change your mind, I don't mind coming with you. You know, to keep you occupied, or whatever!" Max added, because he wouldn't mind at all. The thought of anyone being in pain alone wasn't a nice thought, but Max didn't push more than that.

"So, what did you think to the Bowtruckles?" Max asked, steering the conversation back to a topic that was much easier for both of them. "I think Professor Jameson did the lesson just right, don't you?" He added, quite happy to talk about the animals and the lesson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)   Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim) Empty

Back to top Go down

Explanation's and Reactions (Max and Prim)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next